Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion (76261 Views)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Go Down)

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Gerrard59(m): 3:21pm On May 03, 2016
CC Olutola88.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by CallMeMadMan: 3:21pm On May 03, 2016
If una ban sport betting i swear i go swear for all of una wey support ham. Still expecting alert from bet9ja. Won 20k during the weekend. Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Fynestboi: 3:22pm On May 03, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Nice move but also ban useless topics from coming to FP like celebrities showing off their clevages and body parts, worthless topics, please. It will also make nairaland a better platform

Smh., you are advocating for celebrities thread not. To make Frontpage? Which thread gain more comment and viewers most if not such thread, any meaningful thread in quote that makes Frontpage do end up with few comments and views.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Hysmady(m): 3:22pm On May 03, 2016
Gobe leleyi o...What about baba ijebu thread tongue
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by jayriginal: 3:24pm On May 03, 2016
MizMyColi:
Why is Dygeasy when you need him?

Why not is Dygeasy

Just playing.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Temmytea70(m): 3:24pm On May 03, 2016
Who puts this on fp? undecided

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Aristo3146(m): 3:25pm On May 03, 2016
Rexphobia:
Dear Seun,

I think you have a long list of things to ban

1. Snake threads
2. Tiwa and Tbillz threads
3. Olosho threads
4. Tonto Dike threads
5. Ponzi Schemes

The list is endless. I believe we are adults here and can make rational decisions, so take note.

Regards,

Concerned NLer
Na Nairaland wan disconnect our call ooo cry
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Lapetus: 3:26pm On May 03, 2016
DrAbbey1:
You cannot dictate to humans how to live their lives . I have been on nairaland for years and I have never for once visited some sections like food and fashion. You can create a thread on the dangers of gambling if you do not like it, but forcing people not to air their opinions on a legal entity is not only discriminatory but also a denial of fundamental human right... Right to expression.

Well said here...Seun this is all you need to understand. I am disgusted that you even think you can regulate what adults can do and cannot do...especially when the nation recognises these things.
It's a 'know it all attitude' and shouldn't come from someone like you.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by onyxo76(m): 3:28pm On May 03, 2016
I'm into punting big time and i have learnt the ropes, it is a not a get rich scheme if that is what you are looking for.Most fellows want to hit 100k in under a week and that is more like gambling, like every business there are guiding principles which also applies to sports betting. If banning these ventures on nairaland will serve a purpose ,fine so be it after all seun owns the forum and can do as he pleases.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Reference(m): 3:28pm On May 03, 2016
grin Why not create a special section with a paid web key, strictly for adults. Then you will be making a bit more money albeit with censored exposure.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by kayDooo(m): 3:28pm On May 03, 2016
I still dey road!!!
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by jobsat34(m): 3:29pm On May 03, 2016
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders,

We are thinking of completely banning the promotion of forex trading and sports betting on Nairaland.

Forex day-trading and sports betting are fundamentally fraudulent because they're promoted as a quick way of making money whereas due to mathematical facts, the only people who make money are the middlemen and marketers. The "investors" almost always lose their money.

In our experience, it's not enough to warn Nairaland members about the dangers of forex day-trading and sports betting. The promise of quick profit is just too much for thousands of vulnerable Nairaland members to resist. The only way to protect them is complete censorship.

We believe that the complete ban of such content will make Nairaland a better platform for discussing legitimate entrepreneurship and finance.

What do you think? Please click 'like' if you like the idea; thanks.

Dear Sir,

I will suggest a hidden forum with strict warning and disclaimer.
there should be no option to "like" or "quote" any post in this section.
participating member should disclose their age (on their profile page) to show they are not less than 21years if possible.

Rds,
Jobsat34

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by palsenator(m): 3:29pm On May 03, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
Please educate us...how do you associate traders with scam?

Are they trading with or soliciting for other people's money?

Personally, I abhor forex trading but I will not write off the ones who engage in it.
\
Scammers will come here to post useless indicators for sale or programs that are bound to fail. Firstly, you should remove any post that involves selling of softwares. Secondly, anyone who comes here to solicit for investors should be banned. You can create a section where anyone who wants to post there MUST BE A VERIFIED MEMBER of nairaland. Take their documents and proof of identification. You can even get an experienced moderator to assist in such section. Post in that section could take a while before going on air so as to allow proper verification . I have been a friend to Osewa on Facebook for years now, Am Olumuyiwa McPayne on Facebook and I can say that I have seen genuine traders who will not come on social media to promote nonsense. But still, there may be someone somewhere who has a genuine information for the public that is why I feel you should not ban it outrightly but we must stop the scam.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by MyMentor: 3:29pm On May 03, 2016
[quote author=Rexphobia post=45275298]Dear Seun,

I think you have a long list of things to ban

1. Snake threads
2. Tiwa and Tbillz threads
3. Olosho threads
4. Tonto Dike threads
5. Ponzi Schemes

The list is endless. I believe we are adults here and can make rational decisions, so take note.
6. D bread seller - what is dat her name?
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Lapetus: 3:30pm On May 03, 2016
manny4life:

You're correct but banning isn't supported either. Seun has a hidden agenda in which he's not telling us, as a matter of fact, I've been less engaged in NL recently. Seun and his mods advance hate threads by promoting it to the FP, yet he wants to ban forex and betting so as to make NL a better platform... Who's deceiving who?

The only level of sanity is to create specific threads for all that junk, YET, create a different section (like politics) and move it on there... Also, add in a user acceptance agreement that way they're aware of the risk... If he wants to take it a step further, he may decide to vet any company that wishes to advertise their business by making sure they're registered. This is the best you can, anyone of an age that willingly engages in gambling should have an understanding of risk/return. You cannot avert risk, you can only mitigate it...

Seun get forward thinking ppl like this on your team, cus if u have ppl like this poster, you won't even be asking us here about banning legitimate business from being discussed on a PUBLIC FORUM, you read that right PUBLIC FORUM!!!

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by otitokoroleti: 3:31pm On May 03, 2016
@Seun omo Osewa, 'Nkan to wu mi ko ni o wu o ni kii je ki omo iya meji pa owo po fe obinrin kan soso'. Its not good enough to ban gambling & forex trading thread on nairaland. the only thing you can do is to remove any thread advertising forex account management, robot & selling of sportbet games(fixed/predictions). if you ban it on this forum, that will not stop nairalanders from gambling & to me, gambling is not a crime here in Nigeria. I have been on nairaland for some years & there are some sections that I have never visited.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by ZUBY77(m): 3:31pm On May 03, 2016
I think what should be banned is the religion section.

That's where most of the youths get the whacky idea that they will go to one imaginary mansion built somewhere in the sky when they die.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Godtaye: 3:33pm On May 03, 2016
Forex maybe
SPORT BETTING
NOOOOOOOOO
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by focus7: 3:33pm On May 03, 2016
Seun, the idea of making entrepreneurship and finance a focus for discussion is a good one but the reasons you gave for banning forex trading and football betting discussions is not enough. I don't patronise either of them but one should not forget that nairaland is a social forum where people of different interest meet, the diversity of these different interest is one of the thing that make nairaland thick and fun. Before you can talk of banning them certain factors must be looked into like, the harm they are causing fellow nairalanders and the damage their activities is doing to the reputation of nairaland, am sure they are not found wanting in these two. If anything needs to be banned, I suggest that those doing network marketing and those guys selling recharge cards and data should be banned, they are frauds, I have been a victim.

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by 0955eb027(m): 3:33pm On May 03, 2016
GreenWhiteGreen:
Nonsense. Sport betting owners are advanced thieves using the internet to rake money from gullible people. [s][/s]
How, my bro?. Aint nobody forcing any1 to take part in it. We are in the 4th month of the year, and i can categorically tell you that i have not won a dime, and i have not lost up to 8k. Mind you, i have placed a bet every weekend. My point is anyone taking part in it should be wise enough to know that his chances of winning is far slimmer compared to his chances of losing.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Hugo7(m): 3:33pm On May 03, 2016
Less than 5 mins after seeing this thread on Front page a thread DOUBLE YOUR INCOME DAILY, created by Calebsky, that is used for sharing betting ideas has been REmOVed even before conclusion..that is not fair at all ..Moderators take note
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 03, 2016
Im a professional forex trader and have been trading the markets for over 14years now. Its a highly complex instrument and is very legal and also quite quite lucrative. That said, to be a proficient and profitable forex trader takes years and years of hard work and balls of steel. Its a profession and not a hubby or get rich quick scheme. Its like someone telling you that he''ll train you to become a qualified medical doctor in 6 months.

So anyone that asks you to give them money for any form of forex training or seminar is a fraudster. Yes I support the ban because all the fx threads promote and spread that same lie that fx trading is easy and is an easy route to millions

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by meeky007(m): 3:34pm On May 03, 2016
tosyne2much:
Thread loading !!!
10 Reasons Why You Should Desist From BET9Ja

Before then, Oga Seun, abeg play these games.. Na today and 2moro matches cheesy

Just stake am N200 cheesy

Booking Number: B945CS
Y U CARRY WROUNG BOOKN GIVE US
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by fctguy: 3:34pm On May 03, 2016
i think this is a laudable idea but Seun should also consider banning most of his mods who make silly and senseless topics fp threads e.g for the past weeks, its been this tbilllz nonsense marriage trash everywhere on the fp angry
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Dyt(f): 3:34pm On May 03, 2016
Igba wo loni ban NL

Oshisko ten kobo
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by MizMyColi(f): 3:35pm On May 03, 2016
cheesy
jayriginal:

Why not is Dygeasy

Just playing.

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by ajsans: 3:37pm On May 03, 2016
Donpressman:
This seun sef. Is Nairaland not a public forum. censorship is what you should be talking about and not ban. Who dey advise you sef
Lol Eric calm down.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Safari29: 3:38pm On May 03, 2016
ban or no ban, u can never stop reggae, u can only reduce its volume. we are all adult, u cant stop people from wasting their money. there are lots of sites, blogs even outside nigeria where these gamblers meet for picks.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by joseph1832(m): 3:39pm On May 03, 2016
MizMyColi:
Where is Dygeasy when you need him?
Organizing a miss nairaland contest. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29)

Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America / Forex Trade Alerts / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.