Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion (76347 Views)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Go Down)

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by jayriginal: 3:40pm On May 03, 2016
Logician:
I have traded forex in the past. I made money and lost a lot too.

It's legitimate though highly risky.

Even though I wouldn't encourage anyone to consider forex as an investment, don't force your opinion on others please.

modified I would like seun to ban sports betting. But it's would be unfair to punters.

I suggest you create a section for it with a warning that whoever engages in such does so at his or her own risk.
Thanks

Best reply so far.

Seun sha. LMAO.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by AleAirHub(m): 3:40pm On May 03, 2016
End Time Ban grin grin grin grin
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by sauceEEP(m): 3:41pm On May 03, 2016
Interesting, very interesting.....
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 03, 2016
I'm not sure if my opinions might have been shared in older posts but I'll go ahead.

Seun in as much I'd love to see a front page void of nuisance this decision might cost you much. A qualitative number of the youthful population in Nigeria have turn these sport betting shops into their homes and I'm not pointing its negativity but its effect on the attendance of your members.

Predictions are sought online daily having stats close to that of sex in Nigeria and you understand what that means ba? If you should ban this, another Forum sighting the opportunity you've innocently created would then create rooms for this Forum. Its based on Probability, you might not lose your members due to the fact that Nigerians are quickly addicted but don't underestimate the ability of Leicester city in us oh.

Still on the matter, you are already negating your disclaimer.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by tosyne2much(m): 3:41pm On May 03, 2016
meeky007:
Y U CARRY WROUNG BOOKN GIVE US
Na joke I dey joke bros.. Abeg no vex bro cheesy
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by claremont(m): 3:42pm On May 03, 2016
Long overdue, gambling is not a sustainable way of earning an income.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by hulega(m): 3:42pm On May 03, 2016
Seun, I am highly disappointed that you are even contemplating banning forex trading promotion. It goes to show how little you know about the currency market. You say you intend creating space for "legitimate entrepreneurship and finance"? You guys don't cease to amaze with how little you know. Why aren't you thinking of banning the promotion of stocks trading? Ever heard of hedge funds? What do you think they do? You say forex trading is fraudulent? Man, I really hope your device was "hacked", I find it hard to believe this is coming from you. You said your decision was prompted by mathematical facts? May I have your facts? You probably have seen the redundant statistics bandied around the internet that 90% of traders loose their money. Well, I have a fact for you; 90% of all businesses fail!http://www.forbes.com/sites/neilpatel/2015/01/16/90-of-startups-will-fail-heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-10/#11965ed355e1. So your "legitimate entrepreneurship and finance" has the same chances of survival as a currency trading venture. Lastly, let me teach you something about risk. Saying a business or anything for that matter is risky is basically meaningless. What you should be considering, is if the risk is justified by the return.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nyceguy92: 3:42pm On May 03, 2016
[quote author=Seun post=45275241]

In order to instil more sanity on NL, following or similar posts need to be stopped:

*Adaeze Yobo/Omotola/Genevieve,etc and whatever they do in their kitchen or the beach.
* Caption this picture of bla bla........
* See what zyz wore to Church today.

There are so many others.

These posts have no intellectual input.
In an earlier topic, I suggested a system of flagging and subsequent removal of redundant posts.
I think it is worth consideration.

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by bayonino: 3:42pm On May 03, 2016
Rexphobia:
Dear Seun,

I think you have a long list of things to ban

1. Snake threads
2. Tiwa and Tbillz threads
3. Olosho threads
4. Tonto Dike threads
5. Ponzi Schemes

The list is endless. I believe we are adults here and can make rational decisions, so take note.

Regards,

Concerned NLer
Seun, kindly take note of this. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by meeky007(m): 3:47pm On May 03, 2016
tosyne2much:
Na joke I dey joke bros.. Abeg no vex bro cheesy
U DEY JOKE WIT MONEYY SEE DIS MAN
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by SaiBuharii: 3:48pm On May 03, 2016
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders,

We are thinking of completely banning the promotion of forex trading and sports betting on Nairaland.

Forex day-trading and sports betting are fundamentally fraudulent because they're promoted as a quick way of making money whereas due to mathematical facts, the only people who make money are the middlemen and marketers. The "investors" almost always lose their money.

In our experience, it's not enough to warn Nairaland members about the dangers of forex day-trading and sports betting. The promise of quick profit is just too much for thousands of vulnerable Nairaland members to resist. The only way to protect them is complete censorship.

We believe that the complete ban of such content will make Nairaland a better platform for discussing legitimate entrepreneurship and finance.

What do you think? Please click 'like' if you like the idea; thanks.

You should have put share if you don't likez if you really want to sample people opinion. Dont Br autocratic.

6 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by shorty002: 3:49pm On May 03, 2016
I think this forum should also have an "unlike" button
Go n see numerous pple losing in fish farming, poultry, restaurant etc etc.... u can succeed in any business if u have d "success formular" yes I agree NUMEROUS pple loose in forex but dere r still sincere retail traders who mk money....but come to think why are u even acting like u truly care about pple loosing their money in forex and sports betting n u think banning dem in ur site will reduce d number of pple in d world trading forex or betting in sports
IMO this suggestion is pointless undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by smudge2079(m): 3:49pm On May 03, 2016
Mr Seun, this is a bad idea trust me. I know a bad idea when i see one. You can't protect people from making choices they probably made Sanely/without being coerced. Betting & Forex trading are legitimate Ventures.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by MizMyColi(f): 3:49pm On May 03, 2016
grin grin grin
joseph1832:
Organizing a miss nairaland contest. grin
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nyceguy92: 3:51pm On May 03, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Nice move but also ban useless topics from coming to FP like celebrities showing off their clevages and body parts, worthless topics, please. It will also make nairaland a better platform

I agree with you totally.
Most times I open the NL home page only to see that of over 50 posts, only 3 or 4 are worth opening.
The rest are trash about cleavages and irrelevant pictures of people having breakfast or in air planes.

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 03, 2016
this is what the nucca is looking for... oya everybody log out,lets see where the thread will be in few hours. lol

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by xender(m): 3:52pm On May 03, 2016
end TIME .
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by uwajeh(m): 3:52pm On May 03, 2016
The owner of Tottenham Hotspur football club made a fortune from trading forex, several bankers particularly those with a bias for investment banking have made millions from forex trading.

Forex trading is a completely genuine way of making money but as we all know it is not for the faint hearted and it's certainly not for dull minds. Banning forex trading promotion on nairaland frankly does not make sense to me but then that is my own opinion.

Speaking of sports betting any one with half a brain is fully aware of the risks involved in betting of any kind yet people still engage in it. Banning it on nairaland won't stop people who like to live life on the edge from taking a gamble once in a while.

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by smudge2079(m): 3:53pm On May 03, 2016
Mr Seun, trust me, maintain the status quo. Nairaland is not a religious forum.... Dont make it one.... People make decisions... Right or wrong. The most important thing is we can all live with it.
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders,

We are thinking of completely banning the promotion of forex trading and sports betting on Nairaland.

Forex day-trading and sports betting are fundamentally fraudulent because they're promoted as a quick way of making money whereas due to mathematical facts, the only people who make money are the middlemen and marketers. The "investors" almost always lose their money.

In our experience, it's not enough to warn Nairaland members about the dangers of forex day-trading and sports betting. The promise of quick profit is just too much for thousands of vulnerable Nairaland members to resist. The only way to protect them is complete censorship.

We believe that the complete ban of such content will make Nairaland a better platform for discussing legitimate entrepreneurship and finance.

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by jayriginal: 3:54pm On May 03, 2016
Seun how much did you lose?

Tell us for real.

4 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by tmtech: 3:55pm On May 03, 2016
Naija people can be so religious ehn... Uk brought xtainity here and if u don't know, uk is the palace of sport betting... I can bet a large percentage of nairaland users don't visit these threads... Moreover, its by interest not by force... The biz is very legitimate and if u dedicate enof time, u wud make decent earning... Not that I support betting expressly... I jst believe nairaland is a secular or a social platform and not a religious forum... But seun is programmer and not social (lol) .... Don't ban it... U can regulate it like u did to the islam section.. Don't ban it... Most of these guys av watsapp group .. Banning it may reduce traffic ... Oga, u nid traffic............... pastor imam @seun... Na joke oooooo
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by hungryboy(m): 3:56pm On May 03, 2016
Mr Seun trying to force his opinion on nairalanders again,

I'm not a fan of betting or forex though,
But i know that there are numerous nairalanders who engage in the act and discuss about it here,
The have a right to be left alone,

Nobody dey send pesin make e go open bet9ja or forex account,
Na you go take your own hand open am,
If we were to do a 'let's ban topics nairalanders do not like competition',
Millions of topics will be wiped off nairaland's servers.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 03, 2016
jayriginal:
Seun how much did you lose?

Tell us for real.
grin
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 03, 2016
ban or no ban, how does it affect fuel price, dollar and the fukked-up economy... mtcheeeeeww! guy park well
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Happiness87(f): 3:58pm On May 03, 2016
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders,

can you stop a smoker from smoking? even with the advert that they are liable to die young?

there is nothing illegal about forex and betting the way you are making it sound.

life in itself is all about taking risk.

3 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by eDoc: 3:59pm On May 03, 2016
Dominiquez:
Dear Seun,

I believe that anybody that engage in Forex or game betting is up to the age of accountability and can be able to take a good decision for his or herself.

Kindly note that Forex and game betting are legitimate business as such banning it on your forum will not be a wise idea.

My 2 cents.

I like your 2cents but please define what is a legitimate business?
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 03, 2016
While banning please don't mistakenly ban your own source of income.. For online platforms like this to keep growing, you need members and heavy traffics as well, I will advice that you hired intelligent and efficient men who can help you sanitize and curb this forum of fake elements.. Please think before you act cos had I known comes last...
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by directonpc(m): 4:00pm On May 03, 2016
Nice job seun Next bus stop should be webmasters section ban selling of adsense account.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Optimisticgondy(m): 4:01pm On May 03, 2016
stagger:
You may have to add binary options as well. Let's keep the business section clear for real business which pays as a result of effort and hard work put in. Not all these kalo kalo gambling enterprises.
Really? I think you were a Forex/Binary trader? Did you lose your money to them?
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by millionboi(m): 4:01pm On May 03, 2016
macphilip:
If you ban forex and sports bet on nairaland,
can you also ban it out of Nigeria.

If your Family member is working for a Forex broker or Sports bet Company,
Would you ask him/her to resign because you hate Forex or sport betting?
SEUN ans ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29)

Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America / Huge Naira Notes Discovered, Sundried In A House In Lagos (Video) / Forex Trade Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.