Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Archbishop Of Abuja Shot At By Gunmen - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Archbishop Of Abuja Shot At By Gunmen (451 Views)

Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen / Catholic Archbishop Of Kampala Warns Women To Stop Beating Their Husbands / Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Archbishop Of Abuja Shot At By Gunmen by Oluwatoseen: 8:17pm On May 03, 2016
Cardinal John Onaiyekan, the Archbishop of Abuja, Nigeria, was shot at by gunmen while travelling in Edo state last week. The cardinal, and those in the vehicle with him, were not injured in the incident that occurred on Friday. It is currently unclear who carried out the attack.

According to the Daily Trust website, the vehicle that the cardinal was travelling is was attacked by gunmen as he was returning from Benin, where he attended the 10-year anniversary of the enthronement of Bishop Augustine Akubueze.

The driver said the cardinal was asleep when the attack began.“I saw a big pothole and decided to slow down the vehicle. I would have passed the spot with speed but because the cardinal was sleeping, I decided to slow down the vehicle so not to wake him up,” he said.

“Suddenly, three men came out of the palm tree plantation by the roadside and started shooting at the vehicle. I looked ahead of me and saw that two of them were firing from
- See more at: http://www.christianmediang.com/2016/05/archbishop-of-abuja-shot-at-by-gunmen.html#sthash.ePHaQC6d.dpuf

(1) (Reply)

How Did Life Begin? / Abortion Abortion Abortion / Forty Dead Tiger Babies Found In Buddhist Temple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.