Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

I'm Officially Nigerian - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I'm Officially Nigerian (4592 Views)

Aminu Sanusi Lamido Resumes Duty As Police Officer Officially (Photo) / Oranmiyan Officially Recognized As First Oba Of Benin. / PLEASE HELP: Can Someone Officially Change His/her Tribe In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Officially Nigerian by Glamrock(f): 8:41am On May 12, 2019
Giddy11513:
And your glad?

You would be glad too If after 400 years you finally found out your family history
Re: I'm Officially Nigerian by Intrepid01(m): 7:57pm On May 12, 2019
With those high percentage constituent I can guess you're close to even being Yoruba

2 Likes

Re: I'm Officially Nigerian by Glamrock(f): 9:28am On May 13, 2019
Intrepid01:
With those high percentage constituent I can guess you're close to even being Yoruba

That’s what I think too

1 Like

Re: I'm Officially Nigerian by Intrepid01(m): 11:25am On May 13, 2019
Glamrock:

That’s what I think too

Ooh that's great. Welcome "Omo Iya mi" (my mummy's child) cheesy cheesy

So when is home-coming?

1 Like

Re: I'm Officially Nigerian by Glamrock(f): 12:01am On May 15, 2019
Intrepid01:

Ooh that's great. Welcome "Omo Iya mi" (my mummy's child) cheesy cheesy

So when is home-coming?

I am working some things out in the U.S and in Senegal. Once these things are set into place I want to set up my trip to Naija!

1 Like

Re: I'm Officially Nigerian by Intrepid01(m): 5:01pm On May 15, 2019
Glamrock:

I am working some things out in the U.S and in Senegal. Once these things are set into place I want to set up my trip to Naija!

Alright dear, make sure you announce when you finally make the trip. cheers

1 Like

Re: I'm Officially Nigerian by morpheus24: 6:29pm On May 15, 2019
Glamrock:
Hi nairalanders grin i have been apart of the site for a while now, my studies have been keeping me a bit distant but i always log in to see whats new from time to time.. anyway i just want to share something with you all that my soul has been telling me from the beginning. Thanks to ancestrydna for confirming that I am Nigerian! And yes it's a BIG deal. I'm putting missing pieces of my family history back together and it is empowering! It's amazing what your ancestors will do for you if you let them guide you.

Glad more people are taking these tests. You come about average of most African Americans at 13-30% European and the rest African.

Keep in mind though that the other parts of your West African DNA do matter in your overall identity and though we are proud that you are mostly Nigerian, you must also venerate your other ancestors from the other parts of the continent.

1 Like

Re: I'm Officially Nigerian by Glamrock(f): 12:56pm On May 20, 2019
morpheus24:

Glad more people are taking these tests. You come about average of most African Americans at 13-30% European and the rest African.

Keep in mind though that the other parts of your West African DNA do matter in your overall identity and though we are proud that you are mostly Nigerian, you must also venerate your other ancestors from the other parts of the continent.

Absolutely without a doubt! All my ancestors matter!!! I pay homage to them all!
Re: I'm Officially Nigerian by Glamrock(f): 12:57pm On May 20, 2019
Intrepid01:

Alright dear, make sure you announce when you finally make the trip. cheers

Will do
Re: I'm Officially Nigerian by peacengine(m): 8:35am On May 25, 2019
Welcome sister

1 Like

Re: I'm Officially Nigerian by MisterKennedy(m): 5:44pm On Dec 28, 2021
Glamrock:

Will do

Happy new year to you dear

1 Like

Re: I'm Officially Nigerian by Glamrock(f): 3:34am On Dec 29, 2021
Happy new year to you too!

MisterKennedy:

Happy new year to you dear

1 Like

Re: I'm Officially Nigerian by MisterKennedy(m): 6:34pm On Dec 29, 2021
Glamrock:
Happy new year to you too!

You're welcome dear

Are you a Senegalese?
Re: I'm Officially Nigerian by Glamrock(f): 12:14pm On Aug 12, 2022
MisterKennedy:
You're welcome dear

Are you a Senegalese?

No I am African American
Re: I'm Officially Nigerian by MisterKennedy(m): 5:31pm On Aug 12, 2022
Glamrock:

No I am African American
Oh wow! Nice to meet you.

The crocodile in your profile pic. Is it real?
Re: I'm Officially Nigerian by Glamrock(f): 7:38pm On Aug 19, 2022
MisterKennedy:

Oh wow! Nice to meet you.

The crocodile in your profile pic. Is it real?

Nice to meet you too! yes, it is real. I was at the Crocodile pool in Gambia last year.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why do some Somalians seem to have an Overinflated Sense Of Ego? / Can You Remember Igbo Novels You've Read? / What's The English Name For This Lamp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.