Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,048 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Is This For Real Or A Scam? Shell Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is This For Real Or A Scam? Shell Recruitment (2008 Views)

How To Apply For SHELL Recruitment | Shell Petroleum Development Company / Shell Recruitment Scam!! Learn From my Mistake / I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This For Real Or A Scam? Shell Recruitment by danielayodele16(m): 4:48am On May 04, 2016
Dear NLs, pls I need your help. Some month ago I applied for a shell training program. Just yesterday I got a mail contain this. Please does anybody have an idea. I don't want to be scamed .

Re: Is This For Real Or A Scam? Shell Recruitment by Izecson3D(m): 4:49am On May 04, 2016
No idea
Re: Is This For Real Or A Scam? Shell Recruitment by halfcurrent(m): 4:50am On May 04, 2016
Looks very much like scam
Re: Is This For Real Or A Scam? Shell Recruitment by danielayodele16(m): 4:54am On May 04, 2016
The employment form.

Re: Is This For Real Or A Scam? Shell Recruitment by Nobody: 4:59am On May 04, 2016
Don't make any payment! Looks much lik a scam
Re: Is This For Real Or A Scam? Shell Recruitment by danielayodele16(m): 5:00am On May 04, 2016
This is the site.

Re: Is This For Real Or A Scam? Shell Recruitment by danielayodele16(m): 5:02am On May 04, 2016
Eaa247:
Don't make any payment! Looks much lik a scam
They are not asking me to make payment they only stated that I will pay for the postage fee.
Re: Is This For Real Or A Scam? Shell Recruitment by Nobody: 5:20am On May 04, 2016
danielayodele16:

They are not asking me to make payment they only stated that I will pay for the postage fee.

Shell is too big to ask for prospective employers to pay for postage stamp or anytin.
Anyway, would nt want to make hasty conclusion, u can do some background checks, try to google it, ask google if payment of postage s required for shell employment. Just am always skeptical wen eva d issue of money s involved in a tin lik ds
Re: Is This For Real Or A Scam? Shell Recruitment by danielayodele16(m): 5:41am On May 04, 2016
Eaa247:

Shell is too big to ask for prospective employers to pay for postage stamp or anytin.
Anyway, would nt want to make hasty conclusion, u can do some background checks, try to google it, ask google if payment of postage s required for shell employment. Just am always skeptical wen eva d issue of money s involved in a tin lik ds
Thanks bro, they offer to pay for the confirmation of my credentials via world Education service (WES). But am to pay for the courier service which is to deliver my hard copy documents.
Re: Is This For Real Or A Scam? Shell Recruitment by Onaorpemeepo: 6:10am On May 04, 2016
Jus b careful, I almost fell fr a scam like this but mine was Exxon mobil, looked so real..y dont you confirm from d shell in Nigeria if they know of such recruitment.
Re: Is This For Real Or A Scam? Shell Recruitment by BlackHummer(m): 6:29am On May 04, 2016
danielayodele16:
Dear NLs, pls I need your help. Some month ago I applied for a shell training program. Just yesterday I got a mail contain this. Please does anybody have an idea. I don't want to be scamed .

Don't waste your time and resources my brother. It is a SCAM. You will definitely be requested to pay some money at one point. The grammatical blunders littered across the mail is a give away. Definitely not the original shell.
Re: Is This For Real Or A Scam? Shell Recruitment by Nobody: 7:02am On May 04, 2016
danielayodele16:

Thanks bro, they offer to pay for the confirmation of my credentials via world Education service (WES). But am to pay for the courier service which is to deliver my hard copy documents.
you want to work in Houston when you have not even worked in the company here Nigeria and you are talking this courier like you have your mind made up. It's an obvious scam. Did you take your time to read through the shell thread on here. No prospective employers especially the multi-nationals will ask you for money at anytime of a recruitment process, educational institutions may ask but not employers.
Re: Is This For Real Or A Scam? Shell Recruitment by danielayodele16(m): 7:54am On May 04, 2016
majekdom2:
you want to work in Houston when you have not even worked in the company here Nigeria and you are talking this courier like you have your mind made up. It's an obvious scam. Did you take your time to read through the shell thread on here. No prospective employers especially the multi-nationals will ask you for money at anytime of a recruitment process, educational institutions may ask but not employers.
i have 6years work experience in a reputable company here in nigeria, like i said, its not the company that is requesting for the fee but the courier service agent.
Re: Is This For Real Or A Scam? Shell Recruitment by Nobody: 8:05am On May 04, 2016
danielayodele16:

i have 6years work experience in a reputable company here in nigeria, like i said, its not the company that is requesting for the fee but the courier service agent.
6 years ? ??and you cannot tell this obvious scam. A company that has an office in Nigeria and did not refer you to its Nigerian branch. It seems you have money to throw around. Whether it's courier or the company, its all scam. Did you apply to any position? If No, it's scam. If a prospective recruiter finds your backround interesting, he would schedule a chat /interview to know your availability and earning expectations, Not an offer just like that. Were you referred to Shell Nigeria to start with? If no, it's scam. I work in the energy industry, bro, with the current realities on ground - No energy company especially oil and gas would sponsor visa for a mid level prospective employee- may be Saudi aramco tho. This same shell is planning to lay off because of BG acquisition, I am not saying they aren't recruiting. I am not sure they will be ready to sponsor mid level professionals.... Not Houston importantly. Do a mail to careers@shell.com-Your doubts will be cleared

1 Like

Re: Is This For Real Or A Scam? Shell Recruitment by Nobody: 8:05am On May 04, 2016
danielayodele16:

Mayb, its genuine. Wish u d vry best. God bless
Re: Is This For Real Or A Scam? Shell Recruitment by treasuredkids(f): 10:52am On May 04, 2016
Bro its a scam in all reality. Check out the grammar constructions and blunders, a very clear indication of an amateur. Take the numerous advice given to you to carry out further inquiries before you are scammed. It looms convincing but this is not the work of a multinational like shell pls. I have received several calls and mails from coys like this and I can tell you they ain't real. Just the work of scammers. But if still in doubt, ensure u pay the cash required for the postage, then come tell us your story afterwards.

1 Like

Re: Is This For Real Or A Scam? Shell Recruitment by Abdul4trust1(m): 11:48am On May 04, 2016
danielayodele16:

pure Scam, A Reputable Company Like Shell Will Never Ask You To Pay For Anything For Job Sake.
Re: Is This For Real Or A Scam? Shell Recruitment by martobi: 12:31pm On Nov 21, 2018
Re: Is This For Real Or A Scam? Shell Recruitment by Abdul4trust1(m): 9:20am On Jan 10, 2019
danielayodele16:

the postage Fee Is What They Want. It's A Pure Scam.

(1) (Reply)

Uba Test On Soon. Watch Out / Port Harcourt Lng 2nd Invitation / Who Know Esut Site?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.