Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,184 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Need Ur Help Out There - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Need Ur Help Out There (763 Views)

I Need Ur Help / Please I Wanna Become A Software Developer.help Out Pls / Please Help Out With Java Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Need Ur Help Out There by blackmann(m): 4:31pm On Aug 11, 2009
[b]Hello guys. i need ur help setting up a mail server for my network. i have a network of computers using windows OS, ,with Windows Server 2008 as my server. the thing is i've tried setting up a mail server for my client user accounts, using POP3 as my incoming server and IMAP as the outgoing. using microsoft windows outlook, i am able to send out mails, which end up in the mailroot folder on the server machine, but the client accounts mail accounts don't pick it up. i've tried telnetting the ports on the server machine through the client accounts, and they connect perfectly, only thatthe POP connection disconnects after sometime(i realised that it was due to the fact that the connection time was limited, and as such i changed it). i've tried so many ways, both from the server system and client systems, but they don't seem to recieve mails. even trying to send to the admin account doesn't work too.

is there anything i'm not doing right? i've configured all accounts onto the server mail system, and they all work well. only that they are not recieving mails.[/b]

(1) (Reply)

Best Operating System For Programming! / In Need Of A Laptop / Hex File Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.