Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

A Delectable Encounter With Vivian:a Short Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Delectable Encounter With Vivian:a Short Story (2089 Views)

The Midnight Encounter (A Short Crime Story By Olumide Odusanya) / How An Encounter With A Marijuana Smoker Helped Solved My Problem- Johnspeak / FICTION: Vivian, My Roommate's S*xy Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Delectable Encounter With Vivian:a Short Story by XploraBen(m): 4:03pm On May 04, 2016
All rights reserved
No part of this story may be reproduced by any means or format without the prior written permission by the author.Any person who wishes to brodcast or share this story on Facebook,WhatsApp or any other social media or online forum should kindly seek the permission of the author via a mail.
Lawben50@gmail.com

FOREWORD
My real name is Oluwaseun.This is my first story on nairaland.This short story is totally a work of fiction.I promise you'll enjoy reading it,so sit back,relax and grab a bottle of Coke to sip along.
I'll appreciate your likes and comments.

WhatsApp:08188908226

I was sent that morning,by my mum,to purchase some family needed grocery from Goodlife Supermarket,which is up to four hundred metres from our home.The items in the grocery list include: 3 family-sized loaves of bread,900g Milo tin,900g Peak powdered milk tin,4 corned beef tins and 2 fishcakes.As I was heading towards the supermarket,I plugged my headset to my phone and started listening to the songs on my playlist.Soon I got to the supermarket,made my entry and greeted some of the attendants.So,I started moving around the various compartments to locate the items on the list,and,to likewise,pick them up.

Without wasting much time,I located the section where the family-sized loaves of bread were kept;I picked up three.Then at a shelf to my left hand side,I located and picked up the Milo and Peak milk tin.As I was just moving to yet another compartment of the supermarket,to pick up the other items,I sighted this girl with an appealing visage and overall attractiveness.As we exchanged simultaneous glances,I remembered a dream I had a forthnight ago.In that dream,I met a young,pretty girl at a youth and singles programme and somehow,somehow we got to converse.This girl was friendly and our conversation was seamless,when suddenly,I was woken up in my room by my younger sister for morning devotion and the whole thing ended there.I was quite reluctant waking up,at first,but I realised it was only a dream!

Now from my guess,this girl that I saw in the supermarket,could be around 21.She wore a not too tight-fitting turquoise and red coloured gown,moderately chubby,fair-skinned,fairly tall and with a kempt braided hair.She was just a whole beauty to behold! Instead of picking up the other remaining items for my final purchase,I just moved around the various compartments with the sole aim of staring at this girl.As I finally made my final purchase,and subsequently heading over to the payment counter,our eyes met again! This time she smiled mildly.

To be continued.
Re: A Delectable Encounter With Vivian:a Short Story by XploraBen(m): 4:34pm On May 04, 2016
In a bid to ensure she doesn't step outside before me,I quickly went over to the payment counter to make my payment and also collect the receipt.While at the counter,I glanced back and saw her still making her purchases.After collecting my receipt,I stepped out of the supermarket.There was a shed that extended from the main building of the supermarket,with some sitting arrangement underneath,where one can get comfortably seated and be shielded from the noontime sun's searing presence.Underneath the shed I sat patiently,waiting for her to come out.While I sat,I thought about how I would comport myself and be sure I won't fumble in the presence of this girl endowed with natural pulchritude;though I wasn't the shy type of guy.And again I thought about her disposition:would she be friendly enough like the one I dreamt about? Or probably kind of forbidding? I shove these questions and many more aside,and looked forward to my encounter with her.

Within a minute of sitting down,my phone rang.Before bringing out the phone,I had guessed who the caller might be,and on bringing it out,my guess was right;the caller was my elder brother.

"Hello,Tola where are you?" Asked Yinka.

"I'm at the supermarket,mum sent me to purchase some groceries." I replied.

"It's twelve minutes to ten,hope you've not forgotten we've somewhere going together by 10.30 a.m? He asked.

"Oh! I remember,I'll be right back in two minutes time so we can start preparation and be on our way." I replied,and he ended the call.

To be continued...
Re: A Delectable Encounter With Vivian:a Short Story by XploraBen(m): 4:42pm On May 04, 2016
cc LarrySun,Adrenaline123,Clemzy16
Re: A Delectable Encounter With Vivian:a Short Story by Clemzy16(m): 4:46pm On May 04, 2016
XploraBen:
cc LarrySun,Adrenaline123,Clemzy16
Present
Re: A Delectable Encounter With Vivian:a Short Story by XploraBen(m): 5:01pm On May 04, 2016
Clemzy16:
Present
Good.Please get some others to read,I'll continue with the story soon.
Re: A Delectable Encounter With Vivian:a Short Story by XploraBen(m): 6:36pm On May 04, 2016
I need you all to come read and comment,so that I can be encouraged to continue with the story.
Re: A Delectable Encounter With Vivian:a Short Story by XploraBen(m): 6:44pm On May 04, 2016
After ending the conversation,I stood up and took a glance at the time on my phone,it was ten minutes to ten.I contemplated going home,but I quickly decided that if I didn't see her come out by a quarter past ten,then I'll be on my way home.I sat down again,waiting patiently for her to come out.I plugged my headset,which I unplugged before entering the supermarket,back to my phone and started listening to the songs on my playlist.

As I was lost in the melody and rhythm of the song playing in my headset,then out she came holding two customized plastic bags of the supermarket.Her dazzling beauty once again overwhelmed me as I stared at her.I quickly unplugged my headset and brought it down to my neck region.The seat to the left hand side--under the shed--were already occupied by three persons,so she has no alternative than to take her seat on the right--where I sat.She sat down elegantly and,surprisingly to me,regarded me and said "Good morning." I thought I would be the one to greet her first.
Re: A Delectable Encounter With Vivian:a Short Story by Adrenaline123(m): 8:40pm On May 04, 2016
Following
Re: A Delectable Encounter With Vivian:a Short Story by XploraBen(m): 1:50pm On May 05, 2016
I'm not really encouraged to continue with the story;there's minimal view and a dearth of comments and constructive criticism.
Re: A Delectable Encounter With Vivian:a Short Story by holarindey(m): 4:24pm On May 05, 2016
grin ride on! I dey your back oh
Re: A Delectable Encounter With Vivian:a Short Story by Ridwan0100(m): 4:38pm On May 05, 2016
Following
Nice writeup
Re: A Delectable Encounter With Vivian:a Short Story by CallMeMadMan: 4:46pm On May 05, 2016
We dey your back gidigba o
Re: A Delectable Encounter With Vivian:a Short Story by XploraBen(m): 7:20pm On May 05, 2016
CallMeMadMan:
We dey your back gidigba o
holarindey:
Ridwan0100:
Following
Nice writeup
holarindey:
Thanks to you guys,you've given me some sort of encouragement to continue.

My next post is the continuation.
Re: A Delectable Encounter With Vivian:a Short Story by XploraBen(m): 7:23pm On May 05, 2016
Continuation...

"Lovely morning." I responded.Only some few girls who are not bloated have the courtesy of regarding someone they don't know,especially the guys--but she falls into that category.Then she brought out her phone and made a call through to someone.

"Please come and pick me up." She said with a drinkable voice,and ended the call.Then I knew she was waiting for someone to come and pick her up.Well,I didn't give a hoot to whosoever it might be.Quickly I made up my mind to get into "business" knowing that there's no time!

"I have been admiring your kind of beauty since I set my eyes on you right inside the supermarket." I said without mincing words.Sincerely,you are adorable and look "take away"." I said bearing a smile that approves my statement.

She chuckled.

"Thanks for your compliments.You're not looking bad yourself.You're quite handsome,I must say." She said smiling coolly.

This girl's articulateness was like that of the fairies I saw on Tv cartoons in my early teenage days.And again,she is both humble and polite.

"By the way,I'm Tola.Good to meet you." I said.

"Yeah,I'm Vivian.It's nice meeting you also." She remarked amiably.

"Where do you school?" I asked.

"I'm studying at UI." She responded promptly.

"Wooooow! I also study at University of Ibadan.Computer Science department to be precise." I said.

"Good.I'm studying Human Nutrition." She said.

**To be continued**

1 Like

Re: A Delectable Encounter With Vivian:a Short Story by Ridwan0100(m): 9:23pm On May 05, 2016
XploraBen:

Brov I got u covered
Re: A Delectable Encounter With Vivian:a Short Story by CallMeMadMan: 12:13pm On May 06, 2016
XploraBen:

Oya o come and continue o
Re: A Delectable Encounter With Vivian:a Short Story by Missmossy(f): 12:38pm On May 06, 2016
More please!!
Re: A Delectable Encounter With Vivian:a Short Story by feyorpe: 6:34pm On May 06, 2016
I thought this was meant to be a short story... waiting
Re: A Delectable Encounter With Vivian:a Short Story by XploraBen(m): 7:13am On May 07, 2016
Thanks a bunch to you all for coming to read.

@feyorpe It's a short story,had it not been because of my many engagements,I could have completed posting it here.

I promise to drop the continuation later today.
Re: A Delectable Encounter With Vivian:a Short Story by holarindey(m): 2:42pm On May 07, 2016
XploraBen:
Thanks a bunch to you all for coming to read.

@feyorpe It's a short story,had it not been because of my many engagements,I could have completed posting it here.

I promise to drop the continuation later today.
yes boss!
Re: A Delectable Encounter With Vivian:a Short Story by XploraBen(m): 8:01am On May 08, 2016
I couldn't post yesterday again.To all my readers,I'm sorry.But here is the continuation...

The conversation was animated beyond my imagination.I was too pleased by Vivian's disposition--I didn't know she would be this amiable.Many girls,of her kind of beauty,are usually so self-conceited and full of themselves;but she stands out quite different.But then one thing remain for me to get from her--her mobile contact.

"I want us to be good friends,and I know there's no way we can contact each other after we've left this place;even back in school,except I've your contact." I said, skillfully requesting for her phone number.

"We're meeting for the first time,and I won't just give out my number like that.Well,you can give me yours," she said.

In a moment I called out the digits of my phone number to her.Though I was feeling quite disappointed she was disinclined to giving me her own phone number.Well,I think,she noticed the disappointment portrayed through my countenance.Then I heard my phone rang in my pocket.First I thought it was my brother's call to know my whereabout.But on bringing out my phone,it was an unknown number calling.

"Thats my phone number," she said as I was about putting the phone to my ear,to answer the call.

"Okay,I'm saving it right away." I said with unexpressed exhilaration.

About fifteen seconds later,a grey Toyota Avalon car zoomed in and came to a halt at the front of the shed where we were seated.She stood up and said "All right,take care." Then I stood up and responded "Okay,take care of yourself too." She walked briskly to the car,opened the front door and sat down.As the car was about moving,she made the hand gesture of "good bye",which I promptly reciprocated before the car zoomed off.At this point,I got so emotionally attached to her as if I could follow her.Because the glass was rolled up,I didn't know who the driver of the car was--her brother or her father's driver.

I was delighted at having met this kind of girl,who was unexpectedly congenial and approachable.Even more,her humility and politeness swept me off my feet! And again,I didn't know both of us are even studying in the same school.In all my meeting and interaction with young female folks,I've not met any with the attributes of Vivian.

Just one more last update.
Re: A Delectable Encounter With Vivian:a Short Story by XploraBen(m): 10:43pm On May 08, 2016
Just as I left the shelter of the supermarket,and heading home,my brother's call came in again.

"Hello,please don't be annoyed.I'm already on my way now coming home." I said with a pleading tone of voice.

"It's twenty-two minutes past ten already.The other time I phoned,you told me you would be back within two minutes.Now you're telling me you're on the way already,just know that I am dressed up now and waiting for you." He said and ended the call.

Knowing fully well there's just a little time left for me to reach home,and prepare for the appointment I and my brother have,I added briskness to my movement.While on the way home,the conversation I and Vivian had came afresh in my head.I was so engrossed in remembering the lively conversation we had,to the extent that while walking down an untarred road that linked to Desola street(my street),I hit my toe on a stone that protruded from the ground,which I failed to notice.I nearly fell headlong with the plastic bags I was holding,but thank God my toe only got hurt a bit.Even in spite of this,I still felt an aura of fulfillment and my mind was infused with the thought of building a concrete and uber-friendly relationship with Vivian,bearing in mind both of us study in the same school.

|||||>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> THE END <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<|||||

Thanks for reading.Comments and observations are welcome.
Re: A Delectable Encounter With Vivian:a Short Story by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 09, 2016
nice story... but there is noting like junior sister or junior brother... younger is more appropriate. tanks.
Re: A Delectable Encounter With Vivian:a Short Story by XploraBen(m): 11:26pm On May 09, 2016
EmpresFIDEL:
nice story... but there is noting like junior sister or junior brother... younger is more appropriate. tanks.
I've corrected it,thanks.

(1) (Reply)

The Man I Married - Episode 5 / Bad Boys Baby / THE ALTERCATION

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.