Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,426 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

How Can I Become Competitive - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Can I Become Competitive (710 Views)

How Do I Become A Professor / How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice / How Do I Become A Member Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Become Competitive by sniperwolf(m): 7:36pm On Aug 11, 2009
If there is a position for one person in a particular job and there are about 100 applicants vying for the job, how can one make himself competitive to out-class the rest for the position? Please I need reply because I was scheduled for an interview with Zenith Bank tomorrow
Re: How Can I Become Competitive by vikkyhelp(m): 9:32pm On Aug 11, 2009
It all depends on the kind of mind set you are carrying to that interview
If you go with the feeling that others will outperform you, then you have
failed already.

Second thing to do is to prepare for questions that may catch you unawares

Also be punctual, be neat and properly dressed for the interview, don’t over talk,
Walk in boldly and confidently ,when you are called in and don’t take a sit or
extend your hand for a handshake with your interviewers.Have a smile on your face.
Do not look too uptight just loosen up. Relax it is just an interview.
Don't be emotional when certain questions seem as if they want to ridicule you.

* Personal Questions
1.Tell us about your self. Just sell your self.Tell the interviewer why you must be employed.
Explain problems you have solved in relation to the one you hope to tackle if employed.

2. Why do you want to leave your present employer? Give a simple answer- distance from place
of work to where you live.

3.Where do you hope to be in 10 years time? Link your answer to the company interviewing you. 

* Technical Questions are asked to discover what your attitude is to your former employer
and what it is to your prospective employers. Just be real

4. Can you give any reason why you feel you are the best candidate for this job , in preference to
the other applicants on the short list? Show how their selecting you will solve all the problems on
the Job role you are being interviewed for.

5. Hypothetical questions are those that start with “if”. This is just to determine how you react to
issues as they arise on the job, at home and generarally.

AFTER THE INTERVIEW. Write a well worded letter thanking them for the chance to interview for the
job. And state that if they find you suitable for the position, you would be available to take up the
employment.

Note: All job interviews require tact and careful answers. But never display any emotion,never be
over enthusiastic for the job,answer questions with short but sharp answers.

Caution: Never criticise your former or present employers.

You will succeed

vikkyhelp

I have a passion to help as much as I can to ensure your wellbeing.You may visit my blog for more
information on how to stay motivated and enjoy all round success.

http:// www.victorsinsightsforliving..com
and also send me a mail on this and other questions on employment issues.
My email address is:excelinsights@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Check This Out / Ndlea Job / Navy Or Police: Which Do You Prefer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.