Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? (14274 Views)

Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs / 7 Ways You Waste Your Salary Without Knowing / Describe Your Salary With A Movie Title!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 04, 2016
Many atimes we unknowingly affect others response to us. When you tell a family member your salary, you may become the Father Christmas or have your money being planned by them. Sometimes, when we tell our friends they may get jealous or have a feeling of inferiority/superiority complex. So, I ask will you share your salary information with your family/friends? What are your reasons for your decisions?

2 Likes

Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by yak(m): 7:51pm On May 04, 2016
Friends is no-no. I have no apologies for my decision ; family also, it depends. My spouse is a must while am not sure wat to do wit others. Though when my mum started making some comments abt my not buying a particular property, I just told her the region of my pay

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by Taeewo(m): 8:18pm On May 04, 2016
Good
Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by vickydevoka(m): 11:20pm On May 04, 2016
All my friends n family members knw how much am being paid. dere is no big deal. cuz in as much they knw am not receiving more than 100k de won't bother asking me i will be de wan asking dem.# buh truely it's good to show some love to your love ones

2 Likes

Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by ideology(m): 12:01am On May 05, 2016
enairaprof:
Many atimes we unknowingly affect others response to us. When you tell a family member your salary, you may become the Father Christmas or have your money being planned by them. Sometimes, when we tell our friends they may get jealous or have a feeling of inferiority/superiority complex. So, I ask will you share your salary information with your family/friends? What are your reasons for your decisions?

apart from your wife and Mum, no one else should know your salary details

3 Likes

Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 9:35am On May 05, 2016
I can tell anyone that seems so inquisitive about knowing what i earn but i can never tell them the exact figure. Just a range and it is usually far below the actual figure. I am not cut out for leeches, parasites and fairweather friends.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by bravitudenatura(f): 9:49am On May 05, 2016
I am the last child and I have way older siblings. They know how much I earn and my parents knows too,no big deal. Everyone in my immediate family is successful than me.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by Akshow: 10:51am On May 05, 2016
Capital letter NO
Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by Fashola4thSon: 10:51am On May 05, 2016
[size=16pt]SHARED MINE AND GOT SACKED[/size] embarassed

1 Like

Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by DjValency(m): 10:51am On May 05, 2016
Igbo man no go try am...

Before u crucify me, I be confirm Igbo guy, Abu m nwa afo. if I dey lie ask ivyy, my pretty babe

if u try it with your babe eh, na sorry go be ur case because, girls and money be like.....

8 Likes

Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 10:51am On May 05, 2016
Very Very Very BAD.

NOT even with my WIFE, until i am convinced that she's not a parrot like most LADIES

14 Likes

Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by marshalcarter: 10:52am On May 05, 2016
Just here to read comments
Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by Akshow: 10:52am On May 05, 2016
ideology:
apart from your wife and Mum, no one else should know your salary details
wife Hell No! Mother Lai lai

4 Likes

Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by MisterGrace: 10:52am On May 05, 2016
With wify, maybe not so bad. But with friends, so so bad to share with friends. As a matter of fact, a so called friend of mine who happens to be my colleague in the office is trying everything to paint me bad or maybe have me sacked simply because of 30K difference in our monthly take home pay.

I have over 5 years experience before I joined the Organization and he's got only 7 months experience. Once he found out how much I was going get as monthly take home pay, he became so jealous that he stopped talking to me, he won't even wait on me for us to catch the bus together anymore.

He's all out to tarnish my image.

I don't know the satisfaction he will get if I loss the job.

But he will surely fail.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by Wadasco(m): 10:52am On May 05, 2016
I don't think is a good idea,
No
Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by hemartins(m): 10:52am On May 05, 2016
It could either be a bad or good idea. Depending who you are sharing it with and thier level of understanding.
Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by Eneze1(f): 10:52am On May 05, 2016
Everyone in my immediate family knows how much I earn, no big deal about it but friends is a no no
Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by bcardastro: 10:52am On May 05, 2016
I will tell them oo,I will even tell them the Little ones I take home daily but........................if you want my money,come and collect it!!!

8 Likes

Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by Ejanla11(m): 10:52am On May 05, 2016
there is no need for that, yu are only doing that at your own detriment

1 Like

Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by Pavore9: 10:53am On May 05, 2016
Laughing...... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by oluwasegun007(m): 10:53am On May 05, 2016
nt a bad idea xpecially wen u still liv under d same room with your family.....

but most times friends dont give out full details of their pay expecially when its attractive. ...but the do most of the time when its the other way round.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by ademega(m): 10:54am On May 05, 2016
if I tell u, u no fit rob me
Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by MrCounselor: 10:54am On May 05, 2016
dunno, but it doesn't feel right to tell em.

Check my signature
Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by Horlawale1(m): 10:54am On May 05, 2016
Still learning.
Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 10:54am On May 05, 2016
receiving a tiny salary wont matter..but working with the top multinationals is an exception...telling family and friends exact salary would mean trouble... grin grin grin....they might beg it all.... grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by Mutuwa(m): 10:55am On May 05, 2016
i don't see anything wrong in it
Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by Pavore9: 10:55am On May 05, 2016
Akshow:
wife Hell No! Mother Lai lai

Why nah? cheesy
Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by Mutuwa(m): 10:56am On May 05, 2016
enairaprof:

undecided

all the aforementioned facts are true.But personally i don't see any issue being helpful to my family,especially my parents and little ones,if they don't enjoy from my take home,who will?they deserve all the good things I can afford.

my friends know about my take home,if they like,they can be jealous till death,that is their own issue.I can assist the ones that are worthy of being assisted.be yourself and to hell with anyone who thinks otherwise about you.Thing is when the number of your enemies start to grow,then you are really making progress.

7 Likes

Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 10:57am On May 05, 2016
*In Falz voice* [size=14pt]"BAD" "BADDO" BADDEST"[/size]

For those that will say it is good...

2 Likes

Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by MARINS(f): 10:57am On May 05, 2016
BAD BAD BAD!!! DON'T EVER EVER
Re: Sharing Your Salary Information With Friends And Family, Good Or Bad? by Sasuwa(f): 10:57am On May 05, 2016
Nice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BOSIET Training By Chevron / Should I Return The Funds / Self-improvement : 10 Questions You Should Ask To Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.