Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,046 members, 7,828,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. (17502 Views)

Anambra Least Foreign And Domestic Indebted State. Lagos, Osun, Highest -NBS / I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose / Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by goodvision12(m): 6:56am On May 06, 2016
ibedun:

Ha ha ha ha, ki ki ki ki. Lmho ha ha ha ha. Refugee feeling funky. Ya people are running from something only Igbos sabi. Nerve centre ko, mouth centre ni. Even you don't believe that crap you put there.
oga yu dnt have anything to say.yu only came here to show us your laffing skills.When yu are ready to say something reasonable and realistic i will come to enlighten you.Buh pls what i dislike is throwing insults or abuse at each other.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by banmee(m): 7:28am On May 06, 2016
Surbway101:

Buhahahah the malnourished son of a village w.hore cant stop crying.

Says the fool who keeps replying. Lol. I.diots are born everyday.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by MrGerald(m): 9:05am On May 06, 2016
Yorubanews:

How did you get about the stats? Oh yea, Igbos and their lies.
tell Ugandans, Ghanaian, south africans to watch movies that they don't understand the language and contents, even the subtitles of yoruba movies are awful, most popular yoruba actors are those in Igbo nollywood English movies... Gbam!!!
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by MrGerald(m): 9:10am On May 06, 2016
[quote author=Yorubanews post=45346749]

Tell Ugandans, Ghanaian, south africans to watch movies that they don't understand the language and contents, even the subtitles of yoruba movies are awful, most popular yoruba actors are those in Igbo nollywood English movies... Gbam!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by christopher123(m): 9:20am On May 06, 2016
daywatcher:

cell = self
atom = atom
diode = day odious
anode = anodi
injector = inijekito
traction = turakison
fraction = turakison
software = sofuwie

See what I have done? Yorubanised all the words you listed. I should add the dots and tonatios signs but the tablet I am using does not allow

Now you are funnyv
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by orisa37: 9:37am On May 06, 2016
Very good effort. Get other Yoruba Assemblies involved. But translate the Constitution first before June ending, so by July 1st The Yoruba Assemblies can start business uniformly in Yoruba language in earnest. And on or before the ending of August 2016, Cocoa House should be able to PRINT FOR OUR SECONDARY SCHOOLS TEXT BOOKS IN PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, BIOLOGY AND YORUBA LEXICON AND LEXIS AND STRUCTURE GRAMMAR. SO HELP US GOD.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by yetunsbay(m): 7:53pm On May 06, 2016
erusen:
there is no such thing that is why it is called Nollywood,but since you guys separated yourseft and started boasting I had proclaim some basic facts
right fr outset nobody separated him/herself
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by blueAgent(m): 9:52am On May 07, 2016
christopher123:

So what are you saying that it is right to teach in Yoruba language

OK translate these words
Cell
Atom
Diode
Anode
Injector
Traction
Fraction
Software i

If you can translate these then I will know you are ready ...I will love my kids to be thought in global language as of my native language she will learn that at home

Me I can speak four languages
English ,French ,Igbo and a bit of Yoruba

I no try ? But they brought me up with English

Nice one, educate the Clowns
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by blueAgent(m): 9:55am On May 07, 2016
christopher123:

So what are you saying that it is right to teach in Yoruba language

OK translate these words
Cell
Atom
Diode
Anode
Injector
Traction
Fraction
Software i

If you can translate these then I will know you are ready ...I will love my kids to be thought in global language as of my native language she will learn that at home

Me I can speak four languages
English ,French ,Igbo and a bit of Yoruba

I no try ? But they brought me up with English
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Yorubanews: 5:22pm On May 07, 2016
MrGerald:
tell Ugandans, Ghanaian, south africans to watch movies that they don't understand the language and contents, even the subtitles of yoruba movies are awful, most popular yoruba actors are those in Igbo nollywood English movies... Gbam!!!

I agree the subtitles are awful, but it's a working progress. Ask those Africsns, they know Omotola and Jenifa. Yoruba producers are marketing their products. At the end of the day, Yoruba movies make better plots and sense than Nollywood. Igbo Nollywood is non existent, nobody even knows they exist.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Super1Star: 5:57pm On May 07, 2016
Yorubanews:

I agree the subtitles are awful, but it's a working progress. Ask those Africsns, they know Omotola and Jenifa. Yoruba producers are marketing their products. At the end of the day, Yoruba movies make better plots and sense than Nollywood. Igbo Nollywood is non existent, nobody even knows they exist.

Tell the mofo that 14 out of the top 30 Nigerian films were directed by Yorubas (in a country that has over 250 ethnicities), That is a whooping 47% --- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_Nigerian_films

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Yorubanews: 6:00pm On May 07, 2016
Super1Star:

Tell the mofo that 14 out of the top 30 Nigerian films were directed by Yorubas (in a country that has over 250 ethnicities), That is a whooping 47% --- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_Nigerian_films

And Yoruba movies will rule just like music in Yoruba language.
The mofo is insignificant.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Super1Star: 6:06pm On May 07, 2016
Yorubanews:

The mofo thinks we are talking of camcorder and no-script films, talkless of plot or storyline.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:08pm On May 07, 2016
Yorubanews:

You are right. Igbo Nollywood does not exist. Look at Africa Magic, they have Africa magic Yoruba and Africa Magic Hausa.
When it comes to theatre art in Nigeria. Yoruba and Hausa were the founding members

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Yorubanews: 6:13pm On May 07, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

You are right. Igbo Nollywood does not exist. Look at Africa Magic, they have Africa magic Yoruba and Africa Magic Hausa.
When it comes to theatre art in Nigeria. Yoruba and Hausa were the founding members

They'll soon come and tell us that Nollywood s owned by Igbos even though the most popular celebs are non ibos and Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:15pm On May 07, 2016
Yorubanews:

When it comes to music, Yoruba are leading. No artiste in Nigeria, they must add Yoruba to their lyrics. Even the so called Igbo rappers they must use Yoruba.
I was listening to this Benin rapper song Cyrus, the guy used more of Yoruba than Benin language.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:22pm On May 07, 2016
Yorubanews:

They'll soon come and tell us that Nollywood s owned by Igbos even though the most popular celebs are non ibos and Yorubas.
Don't mind them. There was one Igbo actor(the guy that acted Deaf in Fuji house of commotion ( was interviewed on Orisun TV, he said it point blank Yoruba films has good storyline, Rykado said the same thing.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by christopher123(m): 6:47pm On May 07, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

And Igbo have taken the nollywood...Igbo told their stories in a globally accepted medium which is English

Yet there is still africanolly Igbo channel
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by christopher123(m): 6:48pm On May 07, 2016
Yorubanews:

Can you pls name the popular celebs pls .....

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by christopher123(m): 6:53pm On May 07, 2016
blueAgent:

Nice one, educate the Clowns
They can't even do the common translation ... I wonder how they will teach the kids sciences

Well talk is cheap

Even Chinese are learning English
One must try to speak two global accepted language
Why transmit information in a language spoken by less than 30 mil people.. I prefer speaking and doing business in a language spoken by more than a billion people and at the same time retain myblabguage

That's why Igbo did with movies .. They told their stories in English for wider market with Igbo nuances ....

If we are Indians and Chinese that have upto a billion people I won't mind ...but we are not them

So learn the global language ... We can't be isolar

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:28pm On May 07, 2016
christopher123:

And Igbo have taken the nollywood...Igbo told their stories in a globally accepted medium which is English

Yet there is still africanolly Igbo channel

Keep deceiving yourself. Who told you Yorubas don't shoot movies in English.
The only pure Igbo movie in the history of Nigeria was living in Bondage.
Africanolly Igbo channel on which cable. Lol... I hear another thing ooo...
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by MrGerald(m): 8:30pm On May 07, 2016
Yorubanews:

now I know you're still a baby, if omotola focussed only in yoruba movie she won't be popular, and yoruba movies don't pay much, non of their actors are among to ten richest, even yorubas sees their movies as way behind Igbo nollywood because they lack creativity. anyway this link will help you further https://www.naij.com/441183-yoruba-youths-have-lost-influence-respect-of-nigerians.html

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by christopher123(m): 9:32pm On May 07, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Keep deceiving yourself. Who told you Yorubas don't shoot movies in English.
The only pure Igbo movie in the history of Nigeria was living in Bondage.
Africanolly Igbo channel on which cable. Lol... I hear another thing ooo...

Ignorance is bliss ....and you think I will measure dick with you ?

Lol
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:45pm On May 07, 2016
christopher123:

Ignorance is bliss ....and you think I will measure dick with you ?

Lol
What is Ignorance about that? Fine you Afro Igbo nolly. Mention another one again. If you mention two I will give you 5 Yoruba TV stations on cable/satellite TV
Guy you have no point. Your language has been relegated.
yeye
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by blueAgent(m): 10:44pm On May 07, 2016
christopher123:

They can't even do the common translation ... I wonder how they will teach the kids sciences

Well talk is cheap

Even Chinese are learning English
One must try to speak two global accepted language
Why transmit information in a language spoken by less than 30 mil people.. I prefer speaking and doing business in a language spoken by more than a billion people and at the same time retain myblabguage

That's why Igbo did with movies .. They told their stories in English for wider market with Igbo nuances ....

If we are Indians and Chinese that have upto a billion people I won't mind ...but we are not them

So learn the global language ... We can't be isolar

True bro.
I tire, for blacks and their stupid ego. it is good for your kids to know your local dialect. but in this mordern world you will be doing them a big disfavour not teaching them English.

Africans find it , hard to comprehend the facts that the whites have overwhelmingly. influenced this world . and their is nothing one can do.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by christopher123(m): 11:22pm On May 07, 2016
blueAgent:

True bro.
I tire, for blacks and their stupid ego. it is good for your kids to know your local dialect. but in this mordern world you will be doing them a big disfavour not teaching them English.

Africans find it , hard to comprehend the facts that the whites have overwhelmingly. influenced this world . and their is nothing one can do.

The fact that uptill now nobody can translate these simple things ...I haven't told them to translate semi conductor or even battery

When they can translate them...then I can take them serious

People and ego seff..what is wrong in speaking many languages ...with your own language

We have to be logical not emotional ...instead of the government in West to talk of how to make science education easier and cheaper they are talking language

The world doesn't understand what language you speak what they understand is sciences

I have not asked them to translate the latin botanical names or even medicine terms like bipolar congenital disorder ..or schizophrenia

These guys are so funny...I laugh

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by christopher123(m): 11:31pm On May 07, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

What is Ignorance about that? Fine you Afro Igbo nolly. Mention another one again. If you mention two I will give you 5 Yoruba TV stations on cable/satellite TV
Guy you have no point. Your language has been relegated.
yeye

Dick measurement again...OK you have one million TV stations in Yoruba

Are you happy .....
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:39pm On May 07, 2016
christopher123:

Dick measurement again...OK you have one million TV stations in Yoruba

Are you happy .....
tongue F*ck you. Uncultured entity. You abused me first I overlooked it, you did it the second time, you won't like that.
Let me tell you where you belong, FUNNY FARM.
Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by christopher123(m): 11:42pm On May 07, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:
tongue F*ck you. Uncultured entity. You abused me first I overlooked it, you did it the second time, you won't like that.
Let me tell you where you belong, FUNNY FARM.

He has lost steam
In short all the TV stations in West Africa speaks and transmitted in Yoruba
Are you glad now ?

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by blueAgent(m): 3:22pm On May 08, 2016
christopher123:

The fact that uptill now nobody can translate these simple things ...I haven't told them to translate semi conductor or even battery

When they can translate them...then I can take them serious

People and ego seff..what is wrong in speaking many languages ...with your own language

We have to be logical not emotional ...instead of the government in West to talk of how to make science education easier and cheaper they are talking language

The world doesn't understand what language you speak what they understand is sciences

I have not asked them to translate the latin botanical names or even medicine terms like bipolar congenital disorder ..or schizophrenia

These guys are so funny...I laugh

Those Botanical names na die ... Lol...
I observed that even in China and Asian. they don't have translation for most Science words and elements so they just adopt them striaght into their language.
A government that have failed woefully instead of concentrating on improving science,infastructure,and governance they are promoting Language.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Osun Assemble Advocate For Yoruba Language. by christopher123(m): 4:34pm On May 08, 2016
blueAgent:

Those Botanical names na die ... Lol...
I observed that even in China and Asian. they don't have translation for most Science words and elements so they just adopt them striaght into their language.
A government that have failed woefully instead of concentrating on improving science,infastructure,and governance they are promoting Language.

The whole thing is funny ...instead of talking about how to improve sciences we are talking using language

Such a travesty

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

SSS Arrests Blogger Iroegbu Emenike In Akwa Ibom / Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer / Cost Of Non-Returning Lawmakers Heavy For Democracy — Lawan, Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.