Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

The Leverage Devotional By Pastor Segun Obadje - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Leverage Devotional By Pastor Segun Obadje (272 Views)

Prophecies for 2017 by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. / Mountain Of Fire 2017 Prophecies By Pastor Dr. D.K Olukoya / 2017 Prophecies By Pastor E.A. Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Leverage Devotional By Pastor Segun Obadje by DrBookie(f): 9:00am On May 05, 2016
Thursday, May 05

The Covenant Is Not Subject To Feelings 
Psalms 119:89; Psalms 89:34

Psalm 119:89 "Forever, o Lord, thy word is settled in heaven." In covenant, there is no begging by any of the partners to receive the benefits or privileges of covenant. In covenant, privileges are rights. Covenant gives dignity to relationship and the persons involved in it. For example, in the marriage covenant neither of the couple has a right to withhold any marital benefit or privilege from the other. In 1 Corinthians 7:3, the Scripture says "let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband."" The apostle Paul by the Holy Spirit is letting us see that in the marriage covenant, sexual intercourse is a right which neither the husband nor the wife is permitted to withhold from each other, feelings or grievances notwithstanding. God is no respecter of persons. Anyone who responds to His Word, irrespective of his or her background, will have whatever the Word says. There is no room for sentiments, feelings or emotions in covenant. One reason why a lot of marriages are not working is that they are run on feelings rather than on covenant. In covenant, feelings don’t count; it is the terms of the covenant that count. This is the reason why covenant relationships are more stable than casual relationships. A covenant runs by committing to the terms and not on the feelings of the partners. There is security and stability in covenant. God’s covenant is the most stable thing in heaven and earth; it is not subject to feelings, nor circumstances, nor changes. God said in Psalms 89:34 "My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips""

Other Scriptures for Meditation: Genesis 18:17-33; Hebrews 6:13-20 

My Solid Front (Confession) 
Heavenly Father, I thank You for the surety and certainty of Your covenant; therefore I know that my life is established on a sure foundation forever as I walk in Your covenant. Amen

(1) (Reply)

The Chosen Daily Devotional 6th May, 2016 / Check This Video Out Zonal Fwi Choir Ministration At Magodo 8th Zonal Rally 2016 / A Problem Solver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.