Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,012 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools (54862 Views)

Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition / The Latest Ranking Of Cheapest Girls In Nigerian Universities / Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by midastouch: 5:17pm On May 05, 2016
Marist Brothers Juniorate (MBJ) for Life!

repping at No. 2!

Ad Jesum Per Mariam!

2 Likes

Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by Ariani: 5:24pm On May 05, 2016
Well, only two of those schools have up to 200 candidate sitting for the exam, their sample size is small and affected the entire stat.

Schools with bigger sample size( higher number of candidates) are likely going to suffer when the average scores are collated like WAEC did.

1 Like

Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by ohzee(f): 5:24pm On May 05, 2016
Mea Mater Elizabeth High School Agbani Enugu. A combination of excellence and discipline. They continue to make us proud.
You won't believe its a private school. The discipline is fantastic. I can vouch for that result

1 Like

Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by Esychem(f): 5:26pm On May 05, 2016
wow, my state still on top. no 2,8, 24, 30, 37, 49 are all in Abia state. Marist brother an old catholic school, still d best. check out schools in Aba in the list. thats great

3 Likes

Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by Pavore9: 5:29pm On May 05, 2016
Mrbigman2:

Ya, u from uga?

No. But have visited him in Uga way back with some of our mutual friends while buildings were still under construction. He shared with us the strains he was going through to set up the structures he now has in Yga. Can't forget the bitterleaf soup we were served and the jokes he cracked.
Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by ohzee(f): 5:30pm On May 05, 2016
Ariani:
Well, only two of those schools have up to 200 candidate sitting for the exam, their sample size is small and affected the entire stat.

Schools with bigger sample size( higher number of candidates) are likely going to suffer when the average scores are collated like WAEC did.

Good observation. However smaller class sizes are also easier to teach and discipline. The teachers are more focused. That's why many parents will rather send their children to private schools. Public schools are overcrowded with overworked teachers.

6 Likes

Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by dozai: 5:41pm On May 05, 2016
Mrbigman2:
Check number 48, dat d school from my place.

Uga, in Anambra state, owned by a priest and the owner of Caritas university.

I noticed a lot of Catholic schools on the list though, main reason schools should be handed over the the church, was done in Anambra that's why we could see st. Charles of ex-ruggedness making the A list after its total reborn.
The school dey try only say d contractor wey do d infrastructure need serious flogging.
Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by dom(m): 5:42pm On May 05, 2016
Its Instructive that the top two and indeed quite a number are catholic schools. The Marist Brothers schools shd buckle up though. Ive seen MBJ (number 2) and CKC Abuja. Wheres Marist Academy and the others? Since their Apostolate is Education (Marist Brothers of the schools) Marist brothers should forget their in-fighting and buckle up else they'll be left behind. The competition us stiff. We're no longer in the 80s and 90s when there was no competition.

It is also instructive that only very few govt schools made the list. Says a lot about the rot in our educational sector.

1 Like

Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by navyrih(f): 5:48pm On May 05, 2016
. ehjmc.. putting kwara on d map

1 Like

Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by Kcinho(m): 6:09pm On May 05, 2016
kokaneprodigy:
Number 12,
I rep 4272202
twelfth no too make na. the standard is falling. remember "apex of them all"
Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by sweet7oyin(m): 6:14pm On May 05, 2016
Most of dem cheat during waec...
Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by NaijaCuzin: 6:26pm On May 05, 2016
Benin,Edo state have the day

1 Like

Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by Aquariann: 6:37pm On May 05, 2016
Pavore9:

No. But have visited him in Uga way back with some of our mutual friends while buildings were still under construction. He shared with us the strains he was going through to set up the structures he now has in Yga. Can't forget the bitterleaf soup we were served and the jokes he cracked.

Cc: Mrbigman2

I thought Caritas University is owned by Rev. Fr Emmanuel Ede?
Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by mustaphagreens(m): 6:44pm On May 05, 2016
Marist students always representing. Once a Marist, always a Marist!

1 Like

Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by Mrbigman2: 6:50pm On May 05, 2016
Aquariann:

Cc: Mrbigman2

I thought Caritas University is owned by Rev. Fr Emmanuel Ede?

Ede owns only Madonna and veritas in Enugu.
Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 05, 2016
Kcinho:

twelfth no too make na. the standard is falling. remember "apex of them all"
"Only the best is good enough" FEDACADIAN spotted.

1 Like

Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by Aquariann: 7:03pm On May 05, 2016
Mrbigman2:

Lol.. Sorry bro. He owns both. Don't even argue because i attended Madonna myself and occasionally students from Caritas came,down to our campus for one function or the other. I visited caritas myself once. Amorji Nike or something like that.

And again, Veritas university is owned by the Catholic Bishops of Nigeria and their main campus is in Abuja. The campus in the East (i think it's Abia state) is their take off campus.

Then there's Godfrey Okoye too in Enugu and that of Chimaroke, Renaissance.
Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by Mrbigman2: 7:09pm On May 05, 2016
Aquariann:

Lol.. Sorry bro. He owns both. Don't even argue because i attended Madonna myself and occasionally students from Caritas came,down to our campus for one function or the other. I visited caritas myself once. Amorji Nike or something like that.

And again, Veritas university is owned by the Catholic Bishops of Nigeria and their main campus is in Abuja. The campus in the East (i think it's Abia state) is their take off campus.

Then there's Godfrey Okoye too in Enugu and that of Chimaroke, Renaissance.

Am not gonna argue with u though. U just misplacing them.

Caritas is in Anambra state only. One in umunya, the other at Oba.

Veritas is a catholic school in abj, but ede own one in Enugu too in Nike. I ve being dia too.

Dia re 3 private university I know in Anambra, St. Paul, Caritas and Madonna.
Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by Gidigidi3(m): 7:13pm On May 05, 2016
Mrbigman2:

He does not own caritas univ., Fr Edeh does. Rather he co-owns Tansian University Umunya with others, though they have in-fights.
Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by Aquariann: 7:21pm On May 05, 2016
Mrbigman2:

Veritas is a catholic school in abj, but ede own one in Enugu too in Nike. I ve being dia too.

una too like argument: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caritas_University?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C7062113706

Ps: Madonna also have a campus in Elele (Rivers state) and Enugu
Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by eginaP: 7:22pm On May 05, 2016
You said you wont argue but ended up arguing. grin

Anyway I don't think you have better information than someone who actually attended the institution in question.

Secondly Caritas University is in Amorji-Nike Enugu State, Madonna University with campuses at Apkugo Enugu, Elele River state and main campus at Okija Anambra state, OSISATECH Polytechnic & collage of Education in Ogui Enugu, OSISATECH Boys Secondary school at Emene Enugu, OSISATECH Girls Secondary School Independence Layout Enugu, Our Saviour Girls secondary School Aba, Another in Lagos and Abuja etc. These are schools owned by Very Rev. Prof. Emmanuel Matthew Paul Edeh CSSP.

Konigin Des Friends Collage is owned by Mosignor John Bosco Akam with school locations at Achara layout Enugu and Uga

Meanwhile there are 4 private universities in Enugu, namely Caritas University, Renaissance University, Godfery Okoye University, Madonna University (Off Campus for Engineering)
Mrbigman2:

2 Likes

Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by Mrbigman2: 7:28pm On May 05, 2016
eginaP:
You said you wont argue but ended up arguing. grin

Anyway I don't think you have better information than someone who actually attended the institution in question.

Secondly Caritas University is in Amorji-Nike Enugu State, Madonna University with campuses at Apkugo Enugu, Elele River state and main campus at Okija Anambra state, OSISATECH Polytechnic & collage of Education in Ogui Enugu, OSISATECH Boys Secondary school at Emene Enugu, OSISATECH Girls Secondary School Independence Layout Enugu, Our Saviour Girls secondary School Aba, Another in Lagos and Abuja etc. These are schools owned by Very Rev. Prof. Emmanuel Matthew Paul Edeh CSSP.

Konigin Des Friends Collage is owned by Mosignor John Bosco Akam with school locations at Achara layout Enugu and Uga

Meanwhile there are 4 private universities in Enugu, namely Caritas University, Renaissance University, Godfery Okoye University, Madonna University (Off Campus for Engineering)

Sory bro, I mistook Tansian university for Caritas.

My bad, I really do apologise

1 Like

Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 05, 2016
Harbdulrasaq:
See latest ranking of Nigerian schools based on May/June 2015 WAEC.

http://www.edificationinfo.com/2016/05/waec-latest-ranking-of-nigerian-schools.html

Oti o! The list no complete. Where's my secondary school, Atlantic Hall?
Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 05, 2016
midastouch:
Marist Brothers Juniorate (MBJ) for Life!

repping at No. 2!

Ad Jesum Per Mariam!

Yes oooo...MARY BRINGS JOY!

Proud XJay...Class of 2010.

1 Like

Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by MsFaith: 8:44pm On May 05, 2016
My secondary school is No.14. Oritamefa Baptist Model School Ibadan
Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by olayinka63: 9:14pm On May 05, 2016
Students from both Private and Public Secondary Schools will meet in the same class at tertiary level. However, Students from Public Secondary Schools usually topple the class. So going to a Public School does not mean you can't compete with Private Schools Students.
Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by chiefobdk(m): 9:16pm On May 05, 2016
pls where 're schools like corona

binta
floral
grange
bis

like I always say all na wash.
d only advantage na the connection. people u meet
Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by chiefobdk(m): 9:19pm On May 05, 2016
Gidigidi3:

He does not own caritas univ., Fr Edeh does. Rather he co-owns Tansian University Umunya with others, though they have in-fights.

he does not co own tansian.

fr Edeh has nothing to do with Tansian university

read below. from thr site.

ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Msgr. John Bosco Uche Akam is the great man of our
time, he is father to many and he has given succor to vast
majority of people in different capacities and in different
spheres of life. Msgr. J.B. Akam is an academician of the
higher degree. He is a linguist with proficiency in more
than six international languages. A greater teacher of
faith and morals. A great mentor to youths in the third
millennium. An accomplished organist and composer of
liturgical hymns.
Very. Rev. Msgr. Prof. John Bosco Akam, is a great
philosopher, theologian, and a philanthropist. He has
founded many foundations to cater for the poor, the
physically challenged and the elderly in the society. He
has also founded nursery, primary & secondary schools
and the fast growing Tansian University.
Click Here For More Information About Very. Rev. Msgr.
Prof. John Bosco Akam

http://www.tansianuniversity.edu.ng/aboutthefounder
Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by skondo09(m): 9:20pm On May 05, 2016
Idofin and alakuko sch, I'm still tryin to blv if they are d schs I knw in kwara or its anoda place
Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by hardbody: 9:25pm On May 05, 2016
My school no appear for the list but we still dey rep big time. Thumbs up for Aggrey Memorial College, third oldest school in the then eastern region founded 1929 only after Government College Umuahia and Methodist grammar school uzuakoli

1 Like

Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by chiefobdk(m): 9:27pm On May 05, 2016
Mrbigman2:

U kno only three.

there 're more
Re: WAEC: Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Schools by tinsel: 9:37pm On May 05, 2016
Itsekiriman101:
I hope that many of these schools got their ratings purely on merit. So many stories of schools assisting their students to pass exams after bribing WAEC invigilators just because they want to get high ratings and by extension grab more gullible Nigerians. Or else how do you explain the inability of their star students to write a simple letter without grammatical errors.
You said it all

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Criticises Madonna University, Shares Photos Of The University / Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President / 2013 Jamb Results Remarked???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.