Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,900 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

FEC: 7 Key Decisions Of Yesterday’s Meeting That May Change Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FEC: 7 Key Decisions Of Yesterday’s Meeting That May Change Nigeria (2476 Views)

Buhari Asked; Where Is Lai? I Am Here Sir – Mild Drama At FEC Meeting / Aftermath Of Yesterday's Rain, Ijede Flooded - Pictures / Lai Mohammed, Fashola And Fayemi At FEC Meeting Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FEC: 7 Key Decisions Of Yesterday’s Meeting That May Change Nigeria by Lanre01(m): 11:34am On May 05, 2016
The Federal Executive Council met yesterday for its weekly meeting. Presided over by the Vice-president, Yemi Osinbajo, the FEC reached some major decisions that is capable of changing the country for good.

Here are the top 7 decisions

1. The Executive arm is expecting the final copy of the 2016 budget from the National Assembly for the President’s assent today.

2. The FEC approved a 34 strategic priority programmes to be realized within 2016.

3. The country will attain self-sufficiency in rice production by 2018, in tomato paste 2016 and also increase local production of maize, soya beans, poultry and livestock.

4. The federal government is planning to optimize up to 7,000 megawatts installed capacity and to ensure the associated infrastructure to ensure transmission and distribution.

5. The National Rail Masterplan is currently under review and the Kaduna-Abuja-Ajaokuta railway lines will be completed in 2016.

6. The FEC set a three-year deadline to achieve self-sufficiency in refined petroleum products and to become a net exporter of petroleum products.

7. 5,000 primary health centres in 5,000 wards will be rehabilitated in 2016.

CC: Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: FEC: 7 Key Decisions Of Yesterday’s Meeting That May Change Nigeria by Mutuwa(m): 11:37am On May 05, 2016
Lets just be optimistic.
Re: FEC: 7 Key Decisions Of Yesterday’s Meeting That May Change Nigeria by Nobody: 11:45am On May 05, 2016
This don,t bring me and my family security as there nothing like one nigeria.
I wish the spend the time on things on ground

long live
Re: FEC: 7 Key Decisions Of Yesterday’s Meeting That May Change Nigeria by Kagarko(m): 11:45am On May 05, 2016
Nice .

This will indeed bring remarkable change we earnestly yearn for.

God bless PMB

God bless APC

God bless Nigeria and Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: FEC: 7 Key Decisions Of Yesterday’s Meeting That May Change Nigeria by Dakad: 11:56am On May 05, 2016
if they can achieve this, i believe we are on the right track

2 Likes

Re: FEC: 7 Key Decisions Of Yesterday’s Meeting That May Change Nigeria by Sweetguy25: 12:06pm On May 05, 2016
Change Nigeria? This dead country? Lol.
Re: FEC: 7 Key Decisions Of Yesterday’s Meeting That May Change Nigeria by Subway1o1: 12:11pm On May 05, 2016
Sweetguy25:
Change Nigeria? This dead country? Lol.

Since its a dead country, why are you always complaining of hardship? You wish the country evil but still complain of hardship and other isssh. You cant eat your cake and have it bro

5 Likes

Re: FEC: 7 Key Decisions Of Yesterday’s Meeting That May Change Nigeria by beejaay: 12:23pm On May 05, 2016
i hope these are achieved...maybe those against the government will start seeing something worth celebrating in the country......the government need to work more and talk less..... May god help them and help us all too

1 Like

Re: FEC: 7 Key Decisions Of Yesterday’s Meeting That May Change Nigeria by isbish(m): 1:01pm On May 05, 2016
My hopes and expectations on this government is high for one singular reason and that is President Muhammadu Buhari. It takes a plain mind devoid of sentiment, hatred and cynicism to see that he has a good intention. However, good intention isn't enough and that's the area I hope the other cabinet members especially the Ministers give their sincere best for the interest of all our collective progress. God Bless PMB, God bless Nigeria and all good citizens of this great Nation. Nigeria shall be great again.
Re: FEC: 7 Key Decisions Of Yesterday’s Meeting That May Change Nigeria by chudionu58(f): 1:26pm On May 05, 2016
Look at how zombies are dancing to news about how their gods are planning to harvest majorly Jonathan's policies and programs! or have the agenda-less government told us ....
1.The Power infrastructure they'll use to generate their 7000Mw?
2. Any clearly articulated agricultural policy in Tomato and Rice production that'll lead to the self sufficiency?
3. Which rail project did they construct? or are they patiently waiting to commission Jonathan's projects as they mature??
4. May we also know whether there is a consistent Oil and Gas policy which is a clear departure from what we had in the immediate past government?

This latest charade is another failed attempt at appropriating and reaping from where they glaringly refused to sow! Do you blame them?? They know they have a good bunch of deliberately silly supporters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FEC: 7 Key Decisions Of Yesterday’s Meeting That May Change Nigeria by amaechi1: 1:49pm On May 05, 2016
What a precise workplan. All these are achievable. My fears are the fifth column, who rather prefer that this country goes down than the common man to benefit. I appeal to the my brothers in east and the militant to allow the sleep dog to lye low. Blowing pipeline and coursing havoc will not do us any good. To the suspected herdmen stop the senseless killing. It will do us no good as a nation. To our corrupt politician please, have a change of heart. There is always a day of reckoning. No body will be buried with money. Why rendering many poor for yourself interest..

God bless Nigeria
Re: FEC: 7 Key Decisions Of Yesterday’s Meeting That May Change Nigeria by Koleman(m): 2:05pm On May 05, 2016
See as e sweet to read! Buhari no fail me abeg.. Na beg I beg
Re: FEC: 7 Key Decisions Of Yesterday’s Meeting That May Change Nigeria by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 05, 2016
Just implement number4 and 6 then watch how the rest will follow automatically

But number 6 though. Wont be easy
Re: FEC: 7 Key Decisions Of Yesterday’s Meeting That May Change Nigeria by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 05, 2016
chudionu58:
Look at how zombies are dancing to news about how their gods are planning to harvest majorly Jonathan's policies and programs! or have the agenda-less government told us ....
2. Any clearly articulated agricultural policy in Tomato and Rice production that'll lead to the self sufficiency?
3. Which rail project did they construct? or are they patiently waiting to commission Jonathan's projects as they mature??
4. May we also know whether there is a consistent Oil and Gas policy which is a clear departure from what we had in the immediate past government?

This latest charade is another failed attempt at appropriating and reaping from where they glaringly refused to sow! Do you blame them?? They know they have a good bunch of deliberately silly supporters.

"Dear Chudionu

0.05 naira has been deposited into your account

Thanks for your contribution"

1 Like

Re: FEC: 7 Key Decisions Of Yesterday’s Meeting That May Change Nigeria by forghon: 4:25pm On May 05, 2016
chudionu58:

hey moloho pls b brushing ur mouth cos u gt mouth odour
Re: FEC: 7 Key Decisions Of Yesterday’s Meeting That May Change Nigeria by Stalwert: 5:05pm On May 05, 2016
[s]
chudionu58:

[/s]

Anybody who prays Nigeria fails may failure be the only thing they experience for the rest of their lives.
I dare any wailing zombie to say amen

Re: FEC: 7 Key Decisions Of Yesterday’s Meeting That May Change Nigeria by VulgarVulvas: 5:09pm On May 05, 2016
Still campaigning even when they are now in power.
Re: FEC: 7 Key Decisions Of Yesterday’s Meeting That May Change Nigeria by Nbote(m): 6:23pm On May 05, 2016
Ironically the President wasn't in attendance where key decisions to "Change" Nigeria was taken.. We've heard enof of "plans to", "will" and "shall". In truth Nigerians are really tired of campaign promises. Jus get down to work and let s ppl begin to feel something positive..

1 Like

Re: FEC: 7 Key Decisions Of Yesterday’s Meeting That May Change Nigeria by Stalwert: 7:23pm On May 05, 2016
[s]
Nbote:
Ironically the President wasn't in attendance where key decisions to "Change" Nigeria was taken.. We've heard enof of "plans to", "will" and "shall". In truth Nigerians are really tired of campaign promises. Jus get down to work and let s ppl begin to feel something positive..
[/s]

But when they arrest corrupt thieves i.e doing the "shall" the same you will shout witch hunt. By the grace of Allah Nigeria will be a better place where peace and joy shall reign.
Re: FEC: 7 Key Decisions Of Yesterday’s Meeting That May Change Nigeria by Nbote(m): 8:38pm On May 05, 2016
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

But when they arrest corrupt thieves i.e doing the "shall" the same you will shout witch hunt. By the grace of Allah Nigeria will be a better place where peace and joy shall reign.

Oga, d sooner u begin minding ur business d longer u will live.. I don't see how my opinion which hasn't referred to ur likes in any way is any of ur business. I don't intend joining issues with u on the so-called corruption war so I'll leave u to ur opinion and advice u do same with others.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Kemi Adeosun Still Presiding Over The Economy / Nigerdelta Avengers Demanding For A Referendum / "Why General Buhari Failed" Guardian Newspaper September 1985 - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.