Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice (16125 Views)

Who Can Explain This Salary / I Need An Advice Urgently About Npower Verification / Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by idu1(m): 10:12am On May 07, 2016
My friend stay in your house.

This one no be work na sufferness...
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by Nobody: 10:20am On May 07, 2016
A graphic designer without basic math knowledge! So you can't do simple arithmetic?
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by wallex1983(m): 10:21am On May 07, 2016
What kind of job is it?

Why do I just feel your boss is testing you on something?
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by cliffemmy(m): 10:23am On May 07, 2016
kelvyn7:

PLEASE I AM INTERESTED

I AM VERY GOOD IN GRAPHICS DESIGN

Send a mail with the subject Graphics Designer to jobs@codefornigeria.com and attach one of your designs.
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by correctyourself(m): 10:33am On May 07, 2016
fweshh:
Hello nairalanders, am about to secure a job by the special grace of God as a graphic designer in a printing firm, now the problem lies on the salary choice, i was asked by my employer to choose between 15k a month for a start with an option of increment of salary and a daily incentive of #300 per day and #1000 every weekend(saturday) against my initial demand which was 30k before i agreed on 25k as my final pay..so guys the bottom line is "15k + an option of increment + 300naira per day and 1000naira per week OR 25k a month with no option of increment and no daily/ weekly stipends" I was a bit confused and i told my employer i will get back to him for an answer, i was thinking of 25k cos 15k is just small, but those little benefits attached to the 15k are making it difficult for me to make a choice.

Go for the one your employer offers you! He/She knows more than you.
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by Acidosis(m): 10:38am On May 07, 2016
Are you based in Lagos? Can you upload samples of your work so we can evaluate your skills?

N25k for a graphic designer is an insult honestly. Why don't you do freelance? You can get that amount on a single deal.

I nearly paid N20,000 for ONLY a Logo as of last year (some demand N10k, & even more). Graphics design is a well paid job bro. If you're in Lagos, you could get a better deal please. Virtually all organisations, including Banks, Konga & the likes demand their services all the time. An average graphics designer shouldn't earn anything below N70,000/monthly. Kick against the rip-off! If you're really good at what you do, a bank would gladly pay you N200,000+ per month! They need you for the Facebook ads, Twitter, BBM, etc...

1 Like

Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by Barywhyte(m): 10:44am On May 07, 2016
onohme:
Go 4 d 15k cos the little amount that will be given to u everyday and during d weekends can help in places u won't imagine smiley be wise. xoxo onohme

I agree only if those incentives are paid weekly. That means he get 2500naira weekly enough to keep him going for d following week. But d problem here is trust. If everythin is 2b paid @ d end of the mnth, I dnt see any benefit.

Young man if you dnt have a job presently take it, develop ur skills, do amazing designs, let pple know what you can do. In 6 to 12 months, you are going to be better off.
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by afreekah: 10:44am On May 07, 2016
25k a month is just an insult to a graphic designer unless you don't know your onions or you're just a wannabe.

My advice, get the job with the monthly 25k. Use your free hours to start working on fiverr.com, bet it, no one would advice you to leave the insulting job before you do.

Thank me later.
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by slap1(m): 11:03am On May 07, 2016
Will he pay the incentives on public holidays, too? Oga collect 25k and plan your expenditure accordingly.
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by Nobody: 11:10am On May 07, 2016
fweshh:
Hello nairalanders, am about to secure a job by the special grace of God as a graphic designer in a printing firm, now the problem lies on the salary choice, i was asked by my employer to choose between 15k a month for a start with an option of increment of salary and a daily incentive of #300 per day and #1000 every weekend(saturday) against my initial demand which was 30k before i agreed on 25k as my final pay..so guys the bottom line is "15k + an option of increment + 300naira per day and 1000naira per week OR 25k a month with no option of increment and no daily/ weekly stipends" I was a bit confused and i told my employer i will get back to him for an answer, i was thinking of 25k cos 15k is just small, but those little benefits attached to the 15k are making it difficult for me to make a choice.

Am dissapointed that you could even ask this question, Can't you clearly see the 15k deal is a plot to use you . ?

I can bet my Life on it that he won't pay you a dime apart from 15k, after you agree to that weekly increase.

You berra get an agreement on Paper and signed agreement with a confirmed Witness signature as well, to make sure you would even see 25k sef !
Don't start the Job without an agreement, he simply wants to use you.

Use your head and be Wise dude !!!
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by gbenga4my(m): 11:23am On May 07, 2016
fweshh:

Gonna advice you to go for the 25k. That's your best shot. employers are not to be taken for their words. He would surely give you the 300 + weekly stipend for some dayz and stop, and increment in salary, u mite have to stay for another 10yrs to get such from him.

1 Like

Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by dharn10(m): 11:32am On May 07, 2016
emmanuelbrown26:
Hello nairalanders, am about to secure a job by the special grace of God as a graphic designer in a printing firm, now the problem lies on the salary choice, i was asked by my employer to choose between 15k a month for a start with an option of increament of salary and a daily incentive of #300 per day and #1000 every weekend(saturday) against my initial demand which was 30k before i agreed on 25k as my final pay..so guys the bottom line is "15k + an option of increament + 300naira per day and 1000naira per week OR 25k a month with no option of increament and no daily/ weekly stipends" I was a bit confused and i told my employer i will get back to him for an answer, i was thinking of 25k cos 15k is just small, but those little benefits attached to the 15k are making it difficult for me to make a choice.

if i should understand u, 15k +300/24 = 22200 + 1000/4 = 26200,,, then 25k without any increament, well for now go for the former

Do you consider some other factors that wasn't mentioned? Imagine a day without work, how will he demand for the 300 when d boss didnt offer him. but this wont affect d saary of 25k.

there is probability of not having account for the 1k*4 and 300*24 at the end of the month.

Imagine you were absent for a day or a Saturday as the case may be, how will u get the daily/weekly benefit?.

Finally, One can plan better on a 25k than 300 naira daily+1k weekly. Kindly note that the difference between 26200 and 25000 is just 1,200 which can be insignificant for a month.
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by kevoh(m): 11:41am On May 07, 2016
Chei 25k salary! The amount is to small to even give you any meaningful advice! I just weak!

Anyway, You can go for the 25k option while gathering your designs to make a portfolio. Your target in that job should not exceed 2 -3 months after then you start exhibiting your well packaged portfolio both offline and online for freelancing purpose with the little saved from the 3 months salary. Think Big, bro!

1 Like

Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by ForFun: 11:42am On May 07, 2016
fweshh:

If you are VERY good in graphics design and you can work unsupervised. PM me
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by Tolustar(m): 11:50am On May 07, 2016
I suggest you collect the pay for the first month then organise an end of the month party where you'll tell your boss to dance and you spray him the money. Why enslave yourself? If you stay freelance you'll earn more incurring less cost. Have you forgotten you'll incurr daily expenses?

1 Like

Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by nurez305(m): 11:55am On May 07, 2016
How did you apply? cheesy grin
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by KiNiBiGd: 12:04pm On May 07, 2016
fweshh:

Your employer is a nairalander
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 07, 2016
Google63:

If you are good in graphics, and you have access to internet and you have a PC. send me a pm

Hi, my elder brother is also very good in graphics and he has access to the things you listed above.

pls, can I tell him to contact you?
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by sexylado(m): 12:50pm On May 07, 2016
fweshh:
Two things are involve 1, 25k per month 2, 15k per month with 300 per day and 1000 per weekend. Don't you think the extral 300 and 1000 will base on daily and weekly income so any day and weekend that their is not much your boss can give u story of which can not be reclame in the next day or week and with the analysis 300 x 5 = 1500 and 1000 x 4 = 4000 i.e 1500 x 4 = 6000,
1000 x 4 = 4000 so therefore 6000 + 4000 = 10000 + 15000 =25000 which is not certain but 25000 per month is automatic certain.
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by Google63(m): 12:59pm On May 07, 2016
ukjerry:

Hi, my elder brother is also very good in graphics and he has access to the things you listed above.

pls, can I tell him to contact you?
You can
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by naijainfogalery: 5:03pm On May 07, 2016
My advice go for the 25,000 naira, your boss might stop the 300 daily money if there are no sales and can possibly clamp down on that saod amount. But with your 25k you are sure of your complete money. and better still you can just walk up to him that since whether you take it daily or weekly he is gonna pay you 30,000 . he should just gp ahead and make it 30k . negotiation is key here

fweshh:
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by tesstess(f): 5:31pm On May 07, 2016
pls, go for the 25k per month to avoid I don't have #300 to give you for today.
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by piagetskinner(m): 5:44pm On May 07, 2016
What is 25k in this present economic climate... .?

Naija which way o
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by 400billionman: 5:50pm On May 07, 2016
fweshh:

He will default on those daily stipends. It will be dependent on money availability and cash flow.

Go for N25,000 per month...
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by hero2000: 6:09pm On May 07, 2016
Pavarottii:
Naija which way? And am sure u r a graduate.
How much is ur feeding and transport? To get a good meal a day, even if u eat once is about 500naira. Plus ur transport; and d stress attached.
Except u are working from home. My dear....
This is Modern Day Slavery.

It is far better than doing nothing. While on the low pay he gains experience and may opportunities for better offers. Go ahead bro.
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by sorepco(m): 6:32pm On May 07, 2016
Is the 15k not bulk money in its own right? At least the lil change helps him transport himself. If the op is careful enough he might not even touch the monthly 15k sef!! Think am na..the 15k fit enter savings account.

DeKen:
Both options end up with approximately the same amount at d end of d month. Money received in piecemeal does not have much value as bulk money. Bulk money allows for better planning and makes it easier to save/ invest ( assuming the amount was big enough to invest).

So I'll say take the bulk payment.
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by sorepco(m): 6:40pm On May 07, 2016
What if he does not default

400billionman:

If
He will default on those daily stipends. It will be dependent on money availability and cash flow.

Go for N25,000 per month...
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by DeKen: 7:54pm On May 07, 2016
sorepco:
Is the 15k not bulk money in its own right? At least the lil change helps him transport himself. If the op is careful enough he might not even touch the monthly 15k sef!! Think am na..the 15k fit enter savings account.

I don't get how receiving 15k out of 25k and the rest in small fragments over a period of a month is bulk. If tp is concern currently, he can borrow to get started instead of taking a long term decision based on a short term challenge
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by 400billionman: 7:55pm On May 07, 2016
sorepco:
What if he does not default

He is not God.

Thats why he will default.
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by delightf(f): 12:57am On May 08, 2016
Come allye that re heavy laden nd I ll give you rest,goto jesus dis 9t pray nd pray 2rom morning anyvoice dat speaks 1st follow dat voice,follow jesus d best master dat ll advice you as 4 me no word" goto him inprayer
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by fweshh(m): 10:01am On May 08, 2016
angelusbrut:
Your network is switched off
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by fweshh(m): 10:38pm On May 08, 2016
ForFun:

If you are VERY good in graphics design and you can work unsupervised. PM me
Sir can i pls have ur email address, encountered some technical errors trying to PM you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wow!!! Finally Got A Job After 5 Years / General Electric Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (13 Positions) / Signal Alliance Test Invite,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.