Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,332 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Who Can Explain This Salary - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Who Can Explain This Salary (5725 Views)

Who Can Explain This? / Please Who Can Explain This My Salary / How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Can Explain This Salary by MrExpensive: 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2018
I got appointment with federal board and the salary is on conraiss 8/2 (#682,062 per anum) they said allowance will be paid to officers of your category... Hope the allowance is not included?

1 Like

Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by opera1(m): 12:38pm On Jul 13, 2018
Excluded
Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by MrExpensive: 12:40pm On Jul 13, 2018
opera1:
Excluded
thanks can you guess the allowance for conraiss 8/2
Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by simplebb: 1:21pm On Jul 13, 2018
MrExpensive:
I got appointment with federal board and the salary is on conraiss 8/2 (#682,062) they said allowance will be paid to officers of your category... Hope the allowance is not included?

It is excluded and that amount is the annual sum

2 Likes

Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by RedDistrict: 1:21pm On Jul 13, 2018
Congrats broda
Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by MrExpensive: 1:26pm On Jul 13, 2018
simplebb:

It is excluded and that amount is the annual sum
what could be the expected allowance fot conraiss 8/2 thanks

1 Like

Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by MrExpensive: 1:27pm On Jul 13, 2018
RedDistrict:
Congrats broda
thanks

1 Like

Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by dejt4u(m): 2:55pm On Jul 13, 2018
MrExpensive:
I got appointment with federal board and the salary is on conraiss 8/2 (#682,062) they said allowance will be paid to officers of your category... Hope the allowance is not included?
congrats bro. I need a job too. How did you get the job. Can you help me too? You can drop your contact if you don't mind.. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by esthel(f): 4:20pm On Jul 13, 2018
that should be level 8 step 2 , that is your annual salary bros.
Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by 2aces(m): 4:44pm On Jul 13, 2018
See somebody's child annual take home pay in this same country we are living.

My brother try your best to save at least 1/3 of that money and start a small scale business you can run part time. That's the only way to beat this slavery in disguise called salary in this country.

8 Likes

Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by Embell: 4:49pm On Jul 13, 2018
I think the annual salary structure for CORAISS (Consolidated Research and Allied Institutes Salary Structure) level 8 N 2 is 1291257 (2010 FG salary review). This is contrary to 68**** figure you said was written in the letter received. Well, maybe 8/2 in the letter mean something else, probably salary for level 8/2 * 1291257. The figure given if correct should be the annual salary.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by lawrence35(m): 4:54pm On Jul 13, 2018
I use to receive that amount in a Telecoms and tot I was a working class guy, today I sit at home and make that annual pay in weeks.

12 Likes

Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by Epeak: 5:02pm On Jul 13, 2018
e-Peak Systems is a technology solutions company, strategically focused on helping our clients reduce operational costs and enhance efficiency.
The company was founded in 2007 and it celebrated 11 years of providing excellent services in Nigeria and Africa in 2018.
We have provided services across all 36 states of Nigeria, Kenya, Mozambique, Ghana, Malawi, Chad and Gabon. Our clientele come from diverse industries, including banking, telecom, healthcare, e-business, oil & gas, religious, government and consumers.

We Offer:
Power Solutions
IT Solutions
Career Solutions

Visit here for more details.
Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by MamaCass: 5:07pm On Jul 13, 2018
MrExpensive:

Conraiss is a consolidated salary paid to federal government workers in a research institute. it is a consolidated salary which means all your emolument/salary is paid together. No separate allowances. However, I doubt your coated amount. Conraiss 8/2 should be getting more than a million per annum. Conraiss 8/2 is the normal grade level 9/2.

All the best and congratulations.
Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by AeroplaneApple: 5:28pm On Jul 13, 2018
MamaCass:

Conraiss is a consolidated salary paid to federal government workers in a research institute. it is a consolidated salary which means all your emolument/salary is paid together. No separate allowances. However, I doubt your coated amount. Conraiss 8/2 should be getting more than a million per annum. Conraiss 8/2 is the normal grade level 9/2.

www.nsiwc.gov.ng
Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by Asquare84(m): 5:39pm On Jul 13, 2018
Federal board is it located in lagos
Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by FrankLampard: 5:53pm On Jul 13, 2018
2aces:

My brother try your best to save at least 1/3 of that money and start a small scale business you can run part time. That's the only way to beat this slavery in disguise called salary in this country.

What kind of business can one do

1 Like

Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by mokset123: 6:16pm On Jul 13, 2018
Your monthly salary would likely be 90k after every deduction
Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by MrExpensive: 6:45pm On Jul 13, 2018
mokset123:
Your monthly salary would likely be 90k after every deduction
but that is not what is stated
Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by MrExpensive: 6:46pm On Jul 13, 2018
MamaCass:

really no allowance again
Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by MrExpensive: 6:46pm On Jul 13, 2018
Asquare84:
Federal board is it located in lagos
abuja
Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by MrExpensive: 6:47pm On Jul 13, 2018
2aces:

wetin u dey do?
Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by MrExpensive: 7:04pm On Jul 13, 2018
Embell:
I think the annual salary structure for CORAISS (Consolidated Research and Allied Institutes Salary Structure) level 8 N 2 is 1291257 (2010 FG salary review). This is contrary to 68**** figure you said was written in the letter received. Well, maybe 8/2 in the letter mean something else, probably salary for level 8/2 * 1291257. The figure given if correct should be the annual salary.
stated you will receive allowances due for officers of your category, after the figure I quoted... So are they going to add allowance? The amount is too small
Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by mokset123: 7:56pm On Jul 13, 2018
MrExpensive:
but that is not what is stated

Civil servants on conraiss receive slightly better pay than their compatriots on conpss.
So where a staff on conpss is earning 51k per month for level 8 step 2
A staff on conraiss earns 70-80k or even more on level 8 step 2
Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by MrExpensive: 8:02pm On Jul 13, 2018
mokset123:

Civil servants on conraiss receive slightly better pay than their compatriots on conpss.
So where a staff on conpss is earning 51k per month for level 8 step 2
A staff on conraiss earns 70-80k or even more on level 8 step 2
so is it after they will add allowances because on the appointment letter it was stated you will receive allowances as applicable to officers of your category.
Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by MrExpensive: 8:25pm On Jul 13, 2018
lawrence35:
I use to receive that amount in a Telecoms and tot I was a working class guy, today I sit at home and make that annual pay in weeks.
show me way bro

1 Like

Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by Asquare84(m): 8:25pm On Jul 13, 2018
MrExpensive:
abuja

I am just hearing the name of this govt agency for the first time

What there job responsibilities
Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by ddjay: 8:33pm On Jul 13, 2018
MrExpensive:
I got appointment with federal board and the salary is on conraiss 8/2 (#682,062 per anum) they said allowance will be paid to officers of your category... Hope the allowance is not included?
Oga dat mins ur salary is about 56k monthly bdat...choi, am praying for you
Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by MrExpensive: 8:48pm On Jul 13, 2018
ddjay:

Oga dat mins ur salary is about 56k monthly bdat...choi, am praying for you
lol you haven't answered the question
Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by Embell: 8:49pm On Jul 13, 2018
MrExpensive:
stated you will receive allowances due for officers of your category, after the figure I quoted... So are they going to add allowance? The amount is too small
Hi Op. Concerning the letter given to you were given and what salary you'll be receiving , these are what I can say:
Firstly, consolidated salary should mean your (basic) salary join together with whatever bonus. But looking at your letter it's stated that you will receive alawee according to your category.

I can tell you that, what you will receive is the figure written in your letter (680k) + performance allowances. Since it's a government organization the performance or whatever alawee will be based on performance of the organization, say output. Meaning if the organization experience boom, you could receive salary as high as almost double the amount written in your letter. If the organization isn't doing well you're 'least' likely to get below 680k, meaning you will still get 680k.

Op, since the letter further by stating you'll receive bonus after writing 680k, somehow the HR who typed the letter may have justify the 'consolidated' he used, that's 680k + 'possibly' allowance. I write this to the best of my knowledge, people who know better can come and correct if any mistake.

Hope this will help. Thanks.

All the figures I use are per annum.
Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by Gamesmart: 9:33pm On Jul 13, 2018
Embell:

Can you repeat what you posted but in English this time?
Re: Who Can Explain This Salary by MrExpensive: 9:37pm On Jul 13, 2018
Embell:

Hi Op. Concerning the letter given to you were given and what salary you'll be receiving , these are what I can say:
Firstly, consolidated salary should mean your (basic) salary join together with whatever bonus. But looking at your letter it's stated that you will receive alawee according to your category.

I can tell you that, what you will receive is the figure written in your letter (680k) + performance allowances. Since it's a government organization the performance or whatever alawee will be based on performance of the organization, say output. Meaning if the organization experience boom, you could receive salary as high as almost double the amount written in your letter. If the organization isn't doing well you're 'least' likely to get below 680k, meaning you will still get 680k.

Op, since the letter further by stating you'll receive bonus after writing 680k, somehow the HR who typed the letter may have justify the 'consolidated' he used, that's 680k + 'possibly' allowance. I write this to the best of my knowledge, people who know better can come and correct if any mistake.

Hope this will help. Thanks.

All the figures I use are per annum.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ky Avalir Company / See How This Man Dressed To Sell Torchlight In Kano Traffic Jam. / Reasons For Failed Job Hunts And Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.