Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Buyers Beware Of Dealers - Shine Your Eyes - Do Background Checks - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Buyers Beware Of Dealers - Shine Your Eyes - Do Background Checks (1344 Views)

❎❎ FREE NMVTIS REPORTS, MILEAGE & FLOOD VIN/CHASSIS HISTORY CHECKS❎❎ / ➜ ➜ ➜ FREE FLOOD DAMAGED VEHICLE CHECKS➜➜ ➜ +234-806-036-5068 ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ / Bigdeals Has Scamming Tendency. Buyers Beware! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buyers Beware Of Dealers - Shine Your Eyes - Do Background Checks by FraudMan: 3:32pm On May 05, 2016
I don't why you so called dealers on Nairaland do this, why can't there be transparency and a level of integrity here.
It's cos I wanna buy a car from this dealer I actually decided to do a Nairaland background check and I wasn't surprised!

This car was advertised June 10th 2015 and dealer claimed it was sold 2 days after.

https://www.nairaland.com/2370561/clean-hyundai-accent-014

Only for this same car to be advertised here again in Jan 2016 but this time around with covered plates. WHY!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/2884618/very-clean-014-hyundai-accent

When next will this same '14 Accent be advertised and sold again? This month, September, December or even next year.

All am saying is you CAR DEALER guys should be transparent, daz all.

And Buyers like me too should do background checks well enough before pouring down your hard earned ₦

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buyers Beware Of Dealers - Shine Your Eyes - Do Background Checks by BrightEye(m): 3:36pm On May 05, 2016
In shot, we should be aware of froudman!

1 Like

Re: Buyers Beware Of Dealers - Shine Your Eyes - Do Background Checks by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 05, 2016
Thanks real good. Am planning buy a car next week via NL.
So sad.
This shld make Fp but unfortunately Autos Thread Don't
Re: Buyers Beware Of Dealers - Shine Your Eyes - Do Background Checks by FraudMan: 5:24pm On May 05, 2016
BrightEye:
In shot, we should be aware of froudman!

Poor sense of humor, sounds funny to u. Only if u had lost a few thousands, u wouldn't crack a joke outta this. #DropsMic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buyers Beware Of Dealers - Shine Your Eyes - Do Background Checks by drkay(m): 5:42pm On May 05, 2016
That's a good one there op, one has to be careful when buying things on here. Some are scammers while many of the genuine ones are not honest. I bought a car here last October (Mitsubishi outlander), the car almost killed me physically, financially and spiritually. The useless seller said his reason for selling is because he was traveling. His juju caught my mechanic too, it was after the purchase I started spending endlessly on repair. I manage to fix the car with abt 300k and I sold it at 200k lesser than the amount I bought it, to dealers in ladipo. I didn't advertise it here because I don't want wahala. I did some research on auto section before going for a toks sienna in my neighborhood this morning. At least, the dealer has been here for years and he sold my first car to me.

2 Likes

Re: Buyers Beware Of Dealers - Shine Your Eyes - Do Background Checks by yak(m): 5:54pm On May 05, 2016
FraudMan:

Poor sense of humor, sounds funny to u. Only if u had lost a few thousands, u wouldn't crack a joke outta this. #DropsMic

I sight u wit Nkoro@niginfo #DropsMi
Re: Buyers Beware Of Dealers - Shine Your Eyes - Do Background Checks by FraudMan: 6:12pm On May 05, 2016
yak:

I sight u wit Nkoro@niginfo #DropsMi

Yes oooo, na wetin Kelechi (Italian Mafia) put for our mouth be dat...... Make he sha no go spoil console for inside studio grin #DropsMic
Re: Buyers Beware Of Dealers - Shine Your Eyes - Do Background Checks by FraudMan: 6:16pm On May 05, 2016
drkay:
That's a good one there op, one has to be careful when buying things on here. Some are scammers while many of the genuine ones are not honest. I bought a car here last October (Mitsubishi outlander), the car almost killed me physically, financially and spiritually. The useless seller said his reason for selling is because he was traveling. His juju caught my mechanic too, it was after the purchase I started spending endlessly on repair. I manage to fix the car with abt 300k and I sold it at 200k lesser than the amount I bought it, to dealers in ladipo. I didn't advertise it here because I don't want wahala. I did some research on auto section before going for a toks sienna in my neighborhood this morning. At least, the dealer has been here for years and he sold my first car to me.

It's rather unfortunate, been a victim once as well. Not on nairaland tho. I buy things on E-Bay (UK) and it's exactly what the buyer stated in his description is what am gonna get. Dunno why Naija is different! I dunno
Re: Buyers Beware Of Dealers - Shine Your Eyes - Do Background Checks by valarinz: 10:10pm On May 08, 2016
FraudMan:

I don't why you so called dealers on Nairaland do this, why can't there be transparency and a level of integrity here.
It's cos I wanna buy a car from this dealer I actually decided to do a Nairaland background check and I wasn't surprised!

This car was advertised June 10th 2015 and dealer claimed it was sold 2 days after.

https://www.nairaland.com/2370561/clean-hyundai-accent-014

Only for this same car to be advertised here again in Jan 2016 but this time around with covered plates. WHY!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/2884618/very-clean-014-hyundai-accent

When next will this same '14 Accent be advertised and sold again? This month, September, December or even next year.

All am saying is you CAR DEALER guys should be transparent, daz all.

And Buyers like me too should do background checks well enough before pouring down your hard earned ₦

You probably think you've made an intelligent observation and you had cause to call one a fraud for selling a car twice, still don't see how that makes a car dealer not to be transparent, except there's a bonus for each post tagged "SOLD" here on Nairaland

Did u even bother to contact the seller to clarify about it before u rush to open a new Nairaland account to type this?

I also sold a car early this year which I posted here on Nairaland, and when the owner bought a new SUV last month, I repossed the car and sold it back here on Nairaland, and some people called to ask me why I had to repost same car twice and I explained this to them, same car has been bought again now, can u pls tell me how that makes me not be transparent or to be a fraud?

It's a faceless forum and posting is free, but we should at times watch the way we use this Intetnet

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Buyers Beware Of Dealers - Shine Your Eyes - Do Background Checks by neighbourhud: 10:41pm On May 08, 2016
valarinz:

You probably think you've made an intelligent observation and you had cause to call one a fraud for selling a car twice, still don't see how that makes a car dealer not to be transparent, except there's a bonus for each post tagged "SOLD" here on Nairaland

Did u even bother to contact the seller to clarify about it before u rush to open a new Nairaland account to type this?

I also sold a car early this year which I posted here on Nairaland, and when the owner bought a new SUV last month, I repossed the car and sold it back here on Nairaland, and some people called to ask me why I had to repost same car twice and I explained this to them, same car has been bought again now, can u pls tell me how that makes me not be transparent or to be a fraud?

It's a faceless forum and posting is free, but we should at times watch the way we use this Intetnet

Thanks
I beg to differ on your term, "faceless forum". The OP is only trying to warn people to guard against fraudulent dealers. You may not be one but that does not mean there aren't fraudulent dealers on nairaland. You gave an example of reselling a car a second time and gave reason for that. The OP, in his example, said the dealer posted it the second time but covered the registration number...that is not transparent. Nobody is saying that a dealer cannot repost same but at least such should be transparent... Just what the OP is saying! transparency.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buyers Beware Of Dealers - Shine Your Eyes - Do Background Checks by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 08, 2016
neighbourhud:

I beg to differ on your term, "faceless forum". The OP is only trying to warn people to guard against fraudulent dealers. You may not be one but that does not mean there aren't fraudulent dealers on nairaland. You gave an example of reselling a car a second time and gave reason for that. The OP, in his example, said the dealer posted it the second time but covered the registration number...that is not transparent. Nobody is saying that a dealer cannot repost same but at least such should be transparent... Just what the OP is saying! transparency.

Don't mind him

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buyers Beware Of Dealers - Shine Your Eyes - Do Background Checks by valarinz: 11:07pm On May 08, 2016
neighbourhud:

If the reason for the paranoia is cos the plate number was covered then I'll also like to ask if it's the only car on Nairaland with covered plate number(some car owners love their privacy respected, mostly if they don't intend selling with the plate number),

But my main point is, we should watch the way we use this internet not to get an adrenaline rush and act first before considering other alternatives, did he ask the dealer why the double post and didn't get any reasonable explanation?

Imagine if the person who bought my car just saw it and before calling to ask me for explanations, rushes here to type gibberish, how would it have gone down

Unless there's a price for most cars sold on Nairaland, I still don't see what it profits a seller to keep posting cars for sale and tagging them "sold", cos that's pretty much the offence of this dealer here.

Thanks
Re: Buyers Beware Of Dealers - Shine Your Eyes - Do Background Checks by FraudMan: 11:32pm On May 08, 2016
valarinz:

Thanks

What are you saying? When did I ever label him a FRAUD!!! I only said said dealers should be transparent. Now lemme explain that to you.

I sold a car via NL forum and I declared it sold. I now come again the following year to sell same car. Is there any crime making reference to the previous sales and give reasons why am reselling again? Now dats transparency.

The dealer sold the same car with the exact same pictures as the previous, same everything. Haba! Is that even possible, no changes at all.

Now FYI, since it's a faceless forum like u said. I don't see a reason why I should contact him and ask why he is selling twice. He should have stated the obvious.

And I still stand, dealers should be transparent and buyers should do background checks.

I never labeled him a FRAUD. And yes again! I made an intelligent observation cheesy

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Buyers Beware Of Dealers - Shine Your Eyes - Do Background Checks by FraudMan: 11:55pm On May 08, 2016
valarinz:

If the reason for the paranoia is cos the plate number was covered then I'll also like to ask if it's the only car on Nairaland with covered plate number

But my main point is, we should watch the way we use this internet not to get an adrenaline rush

Imagine if the person who bought my car just saw it and before calling to ask me for explanations, rushes here to type gibberish, how would it have gone down

Unless there's a price for most cars sold on Nairaland, I still don't see what it profits a seller to keep posting cars for sale and tagging them "sold", cos that's pretty much the offence of this dealer here.

Thanks

Dude as far as I am concerned u don't have any point here. U talking covered plates. Why was the 1st sale not in covered plates?

U also mentioned prize of tagging cars sold. I guess it means a lot to both dealers and buyers. Imagine posting cars for sale and it's getting sold like every 5days? Well as a buyer, u will catch my interest at first....

This a faceless forum, wouldn't u get tired if too many people call u and keep saying the same thing. Just state ur reasons why u selling the car twice shikena. It will save u headaches too my friend grin

5 Likes

Re: Buyers Beware Of Dealers - Shine Your Eyes - Do Background Checks by valarinz: 7:56am On May 09, 2016
FraudMan:

Dude as far as I am concerned u don't have any point here. U talking covered plates. Why was the 1st sale not in covered plates?

U also mentioned prize of tagging cars sold. I guess it means a lot to both dealers and buyers. Imagine posting cars for sale and it's getting sold like every 5days? Well as a buyer, u will catch my interest at first....

This a faceless forum, wouldn't u get tired if too many people call u and keep saying the same thing. Just state ur reasons why u selling the car twice shikena. It will save u headaches too my friend grin

Ok
Re: Buyers Beware Of Dealers - Shine Your Eyes - Do Background Checks by valarinz: 8:00am On May 09, 2016
FraudMan:

What are you saying? When did I ever label him a FRAUD!!! I only said said dealers should be transparent. Now lemme explain that to you.

I sold a car via NL forum and I declared it sold. I now come again the following year to sell same car. Is there any crime making reference to the previous sales and give reasons why am reselling again? Now dats transparency.

The dealer sold the same car with the exact same pictures as the previous, same everything. Haba! Is that even possible, no changes at all.

Now FYI, since it's a faceless forum like u said. I don't see a reason why I should contact him and ask why he is selling twice. He should have stated the obvious.

And I still stand, dealers should be transparent and buyers should do background checks.

I never labeled him a FRAUD. And yes again! I made an intelligent observation cheesy

Thanks

Whatever man!!!

Talking about background checks, why did u have to open a new account to do this This is where I'm beginning to think there's something off about you too. Thanks
Re: Buyers Beware Of Dealers - Shine Your Eyes - Do Background Checks by kaymaxsoluxions(m): 9:56am On May 09, 2016
My best advice to anyone buying a vehicle, whether used or Tokunbo. You don't have to rely on a mechanic. Diagnosis tools don't cost much nowadays and very easy to read and understand. It'll save you alot of stress. Those that fall prey most are those that rely on mechanics to check vehicles for them because one way or another the mechanic will also ask for settlement from seller to sell a bad car as he knows he'll still be the one to fix the faults and make more money.
Secondly, a dealer advertise a car and sold the car. The person he sold it to contact same dealer he/she wanna sell and dealer use same pictures doesn't tag the dealer as fraudulent yet when you haven't carried out your checks yet like calling for an inspection, asking relevant questions and transacting.
Don't base on assumption.
Hope this is helpful.

1 Like

Re: Buyers Beware Of Dealers - Shine Your Eyes - Do Background Checks by valarinz: 10:01pm On May 09, 2016
kaymaxsoluxions:
My best advice to anyone buying a vehicle, whether used or Tokunbo. You don't have to rely on a mechanic. Diagnosis tools don't cost much nowadays and very easy to read and understand. It'll save you alot of stress. Those that fall prey most are those that rely on mechanics to check vehicles for them because one way or another the mechanic will also ask for settlement from seller to sell a bad car as he knows he'll still be the one to fix the faults and make more money.
Secondly, a dealer advertise a car and sold the car. The person he sold it to contact same dealer he/she wanna sell and dealer use same pictures doesn't tag the dealer as fraudulent yet when you haven't carried out your checks yet like calling for an inspection, asking relevant questions and transacting.
Don't base on assumption.
Hope this is helpful.

God bless you bro, an intelligent post at last
Re: Buyers Beware Of Dealers - Shine Your Eyes - Do Background Checks by goldedprince: 8:47am On Sep 15, 2016
I know most lf these sellers are scammers but i am yet to know how its done. I wanna buy but am so skeptic.
I dont mess aroud with people that scam me. I dont wanna harm more people. Doing my best to avoid scammers
Re: Buyers Beware Of Dealers - Shine Your Eyes - Do Background Checks by valarinz: 9:35am On Sep 15, 2016
goldedprince:
I know most lf these sellers are scammers but i am yet to know how its done. I wanna buy but am so skeptic.
I dont mess aroud with people that scam me. I dont wanna harm more people. Doing my best to avoid scammers

Oga, when your money truly complete, just contact me to get you that sweet ride of your dreams cheesy grin

(1) (Reply)

Neatly Used Toyota Camry v4 Muzzle Dvd ,upgrraded To 010 .1.390k / Toyota Camry 2010 Used. 1.450.000 / 2005 Toyota Highlander with 3 rows and reverse camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.