Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,991 members, 7,810,767 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

7 Tips For Passing POST-UTME Of Your Choice University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Tips For Passing POST-UTME Of Your Choice University (776 Views)

The Story Of How I Got Admitted Into My Choice University (continuation) / The Story Of How I Got Admitted Into My Choice University / 16-yr-old Prospective Medical Student, Dies After Passing UTME And Post UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Tips For Passing POST-UTME Of Your Choice University by DammyInforms(m): 3:36pm On May 05, 2016
The POST-UTME, as it is popularly called, is a hard nut that every admission seeker must break if he or she is really serious about gaining that desired admission. Almost all universities in Nigeria now conduct POST-UTME in selecting students to be admitted. And this is where lots of candidates lose their chances of gaining admission despite working tooth and nail to scale through UTME. In this post, I will be sharing with you seven tested tips towards passing the POST-UTME of your choice university.

* Get past questions

This is the number secret to pass the post-UTME entrance exam of any university in Nigeria. First thing is for you to closely study the institution‟s past questions and if possible the past questions of other institutions. Majority of universities in the country repeat questions; they do not have new questions any more. All they do is to tweak their questions. Also, when you study past post-utme questions, they expose you to the university‟s patterns of questions. For instance, you will know the amount of questions the university sets for each subject. At times, some universities do not divide the question by subjects.

*Speak with students of the institutions

The main reason you need to speak with students of the choice university is to learn from their experiences and be informed about any latest information regarding the university‟s entrance examination and admission process. The university‟s undergraduates are insiders who are exposed to things and „deeper‟ things going on in the university which you as an outsider may not know.

* Be abreast with current affairs

I remember that during my POST-UTME entrance exam into Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba-Akoko, I was asked the name of the then minister of finance. I was able to address the question and other similar questions based on my knowledge of current affairs, not based on what I read or I was taught in class. From my study of different POST-UTME past questions of different universities, I observed that current affairs was common in almost all of them. So if you truly want to pass the POST-UTME entrance exam of your choice university, it is necessary for you to be abreast with current affairs. Some universities call it “General knowledge Questions”.

*Be Vast

Vastness in knowledge is also needed in this case. Do not be surprised when you come across questions that in no way relate to your course of study when you sit for your entrance exam. In fact, expect such questions. The only panacea to this, is for you to be vast in knowledge. I remember my experience during my first ever post-utme entrance exam at University of Lagos. As a student applying for mass communication, I had prepared for the subjects I sat for during my UTME. Only to be confronted with other subjects on the day of the entrance exam. In order not to become a victim of such, it is advisable for you to be vast in knowledge while preparing for the entrance exam.

* Attend tutorials

It is always best to attend POST-UTME tutorials held inside or within the university vicinity. This is because most tutors of such tutorials have better information and gist on the exam. This will also help you to familiar yourself with other candidates like yourself. However, put at the back of your mind that you are attending the tutorial for majorly knowledge sake, not to get boyfriends or girlfriends. That period is not for that; you can do all that much later after your exams.

* Be computer literate

Gone are those days when universities used paper and pencil for their entrance exam. Most universities in the country, at least 70%, now conduct computer-based test for prospective students. It may sound very absurd to say that a number of POST-UTME candidates are computer illiterate or computer semi-illiterate. But I can categorically say that it is the truth. Lots of candidates waste so much time on trying to operate the computer system until their allocated time elapses, answering
very few questions. So it is not too late for you to learn how to operate the computer effectively before your POST-UTME entrance exam.

* Make necessary arrangements

One major mistake often made by majority of POST-UTME candidates is that they often forget to make necessary arrangements before they leave their homes for the exam. This point is very apt especially to candidates who have to travel from one state to another for their entrance exam. As a POST-UTME applicant, you should have made arrangement for accommodation before leaving for the exam. This would help to put you in a relaxed mood before the exam.

Written by Damilola Olisa
(AKA @DammyInforms)

Source: http://myschoolwahala..com.ng/2016/05/7-tips-for-passing-post-utme-of-your.html
Re: 7 Tips For Passing POST-UTME Of Your Choice University by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 05, 2016
ok
Re: 7 Tips For Passing POST-UTME Of Your Choice University by DammyInforms(m): 3:39pm On May 05, 2016
For more educational articles visit http://myschoolwahala..com

cc lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Thai Students Caught Cheating With “mission Impossible” Spy Glasses / ASUU-university Of Ibadan Fault Post Utme Cancellation. / How I Won 20k Via Science Quiz On An Educational Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.