Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,459 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Would You Quit Your Current Job To Become A Farmer If It Paid More? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Would You Quit Your Current Job To Become A Farmer If It Paid More? (381 Views)

'My Name Is Ogochukwu Maduako, I Am A Farmer And A Recycler" / A Farmer Proudly Displays His Harvest And Yam Barn / Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Would You Quit Your Current Job To Become A Farmer If It Paid More? by AgricNation: 4:08pm On May 05, 2016
In Nigeria currently, our economy isn’t in the best state and companies are taking pay cuts and even laying staff off just so they can reduce their costs and increase profit.

In the past, Nigerians have been very dependent on oil as the main source of money and trade. However, recently the prices of oil have been on a steady fall, while the dollar keeps rising, making it increasingly difficult.

Agriculture poses a fresh and new means of generating economy in our country, as that sector is still underdeveloped. However, other African countries such as Kenya or Uganda are making strides in developing their agriculture and making it a main source of income.

In Nairobi, a woman quit her job as a purchasing assistant to become a farmer, is now making millions from watermelon farming in her country. Read the full story on our website http://agricnation.com/i-quit-job-farm-watermelons-now-im-making-millions-annie-nyaga/

Would you quit your current job as a banker, lawyer, secretary, laborer, or engineer, to become a farmer if the pay was higher? What type of farming or agriculture would you go into? How do we encourage more people to go into farming as a business?

We would like to hear your opinion!

Follow us on all social media: @agricnation
Re: Would You Quit Your Current Job To Become A Farmer If It Paid More? by nkemjacob2(m): 11:38pm On May 05, 2016
Capital letter "YES"... I want to go into farming but have lots of challenges

(1) (Reply)

Ican Is To Accounts While What Is To Agriculturist / Serious Buyers Only! Large Quantities Of Cashew, Cocoa, Ginger Etc / Chinabestsorter---color Sorter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.