Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,770 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Registered Corolla 03/04 Vs Civic 05/07 (advise Deeply Needed) - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Registered Corolla 03/04 Vs Civic 05/07 (advise Deeply Needed) (8164 Views)

010 Corolla, 08 Escape, 06 Rav4 Sport V6, 06 Civic, 05 Vibe / SOLD!!Registered Corolla Sport For Sale In Abuja / Honda Civic 05 For Sale In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Registered Corolla 03/04 Vs Civic 05/07 (advise Deeply Needed) by Holyson213: 1:05pm On Feb 23, 2019
Lol hondas owners hyping honda products

I have used both and interior no be wertin person go chop. Toyota does not have cool interior like honda I agree but maintenance of Toyota plus it’s resale value is what I am after. Who wan Day drive one car for 3 years. Me way like to day upgrade
Re: Registered Corolla 03/04 Vs Civic 05/07 (advise Deeply Needed) by dicksonadams(m): 9:33pm On Feb 23, 2019
Please any other unbiased opinion on Honda Civic vs Toyota corrola is welcome
Re: Registered Corolla 03/04 Vs Civic 05/07 (advise Deeply Needed) by demefa(m): 11:05pm On Apr 27, 2019
Go for Toyota Corolla if you have the money, cause it low cost of maintenance and durable. Go for Honda Civic cause it's cheaper but not as strong as the Toyota
Re: Registered Corolla 03/04 Vs Civic 05/07 (advise Deeply Needed) by dicksonadams(m): 7:33am On Apr 28, 2019
demefa:
Go for Toyota Corolla if you have the money, cause it low cost of maintenance and durable. Go for Honda Civic cause it's cheaper but not as strong as the Toyota

OK thanks
Re: Registered Corolla 03/04 Vs Civic 05/07 (advise Deeply Needed) by obinnawhyte(m): 9:03am On Apr 28, 2019
latestmodel:
Sorry, you know nothing about Cars. I used a 2007 Corlla in 2016. That car is super boring and bland with it stupid crank noise when you start the car.
Always with linkage issues and burshing problems. When it comes to race, its not even a racer.

A Honda Civic does more than your corolla. Perfect interior, good design, super fast and Honda has got a dogged engine more than Toyota. Everyone knows.

Stop the toyota stereotypical Naija mindset and say what you know.

Thank God people are buying the Mazda CX-9 now, see how prestigious it is? Go and read up about the Engine.

You made your point out of experience doesn't make the other person's point invalid or doesn't have knowledge of cars. I have used both cars but presently I'm with just the Corolla 05. From my experience Toyota is far stronger with or without maintenance because in any case it must start and move even with a knock engine or bad legs but same can't be Civic but Civic has a sweet interior and cruise. Demand has made the price of Corolla high hence, people seem to talk about it out of frustration that they don't have enough money to buy it but they FORGET to ask what led to the high DEMAND of corolla over the Civic which led to the high in price of the Corolla. If your money can get you a Corolla please go for it and maintain at your wish for it must move no matter the circumstances or else go for the CIVIC which is another sweet car for it's sweet cruise and interior. I never regret getting a Corolla and ALSO CONSIDER THE RESALE VALUE.

2 Likes

Re: Registered Corolla 03/04 Vs Civic 05/07 (advise Deeply Needed) by dicksonadams(m): 7:24am On May 07, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Registered Corolla 03/04 Vs Civic 05/07 (advise Deeply Needed) by Nobody: 7:43am On May 07, 2019
kolaaderin:

Although corolla is a good car, but it has been over hyped over the civic. Don't follow the crowd Nigerian are just like that, once they accept something nothing else is good again. In terms of maintaince, experience has shown that even the corolla is more expensive to maintain to that of civic.
A friend of mine wanted to get a tokunbo engine for his 2002 corolla last month and to my surprise I was shocked to know the engine is going for over 200k, he initially wanted to ring the previous engine but I advice him to buy a tokunbo as ringing engine is mostly hoax but at the end he got no choice than to ring the engine for 50k and now he is considering selling off the car as is no longer driving perfectly.
Meanwhile I'm driving 2008 volkswagen Passat and my engine got damaged due to water flood late last year, I got my super clean tokunbo engine for 130k. Now tell me which is cheaper to maintain considering the year difference. 2002 Corolla vs 2008 Passat.
Another is a colleague in office, he bought two front shocks for his 2001 Camry for 16k same period I bought 2 front shocks for mercedes ml 320 for 14k ironically. Toyotas are over hyped.
...God bless you... same thing I told people in my office... Toyota is over hyped

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Registered Corolla 03/04 Vs Civic 05/07 (advise Deeply Needed) by codemaster2much: 11:30am On May 08, 2019
Interesting
Re: Registered Corolla 03/04 Vs Civic 05/07 (advise Deeply Needed) by Best27(m): 3:51pm On Jun 07, 2019
Please I am looking for car for Uber
Re: Registered Corolla 03/04 Vs Civic 05/07 (advise Deeply Needed) by dicksonadams(m): 8:49pm On Jun 07, 2019
Buy Civic
Re: Registered Corolla 03/04 Vs Civic 05/07 (advise Deeply Needed) by PaulH07: 6:37pm On Nov 15, 2020
Poch:

So sorry I’m just seeing this.

I’ve used my civic for almost 3 years now... trust me... it’s was the best decision ever.
I enjoyed every ride with that car... super reliable... rugged, fuel efficient, low maintenance cost... super perfect car.

I even relocated from my very perfectly road networked city to the crazy Lagos about 2 years ago (2017) and I drove down severally from the south to Lagos (8 hours min on the road) and my civic always delivered perfectly.

I’ve been using the car to and fro work daily for the past 2 years in Lagos, and it never failed me... except for pretty minor issues and obviously routine maintenance (which must be imbibed as a habit).

Fortunately and/or unfortunately, I got myself another car recently and seriously thinking of disposing my super Honda Civic.

Initially considered putting it up for ehailing (uber/taxify), but I’m not sure I’ll have time to monitor the driver and go through all that stress... so I might have to sell it off soon.

I’ve been so reluctant on a decision for a while now... but I’m certain I’ll be disposing this week.

So if you get a decent civic 06-08, trust me, you’ll enjoy it even better than the corolla 03-06... because of its beautiful interior, prestigious design (comparing with the corolla), and super performance.

This is coming from a direct user.

Why you wan dispose the civic? I don't buy that "you got another ride" story. No one ever sells a car they really love. Some would even keep it as antiques sef...
Re: Registered Corolla 03/04 Vs Civic 05/07 (advise Deeply Needed) by Midemorayo(m): 1:36pm On May 16, 2021
LIE LIE

Texasbound190:
An honest advice from someone who has used the two.Seriously Honda is great but a Toyota will always be better, I will advice you as a first timer to do corolla,be rest assured for the second hand value,U can never resell an Honda for a good price.Take it or leave it, engine wise,Honda engine drags,it's slow,I advice corolla,but if your budget isn't enough,do the Honda but know that u can't resell at the price u wish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Registered Corolla 03/04 Vs Civic 05/07 (advise Deeply Needed) by Midemorayo(m): 1:39pm On May 16, 2021
LIE LIE

demefa:

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Sale; 12 Tyre 40 TONES MAN DIESEL Three Sided Tipper, 8x4 / ***~~~PRICE REDUCED: CHRYSLER PACIFICA New Pix Posted (1.320)***~~~ / HIGH-END PRISTINE CARS - 2006 BMW 650i CONVERTIBLE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.