Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,659 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

How Did You Learn How To Drive? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Did You Learn How To Drive? (16746 Views)

If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) / Video Of A Dad Teaching His 3year Old Daughter How To Drive Wow / Funny Memes Relating To When You’ve Just Learned To Drive. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Learn How To Drive? by Smartsyn(m): 8:06pm On May 05, 2016
I learnt through the hard way.

When I was in school, that was my 2nd year, I was living with an Uncle and he has many cars, and two of them was at our disposal. His two sons, my age mates can all drive, but I can't, I have never drive before in my life.

One morning as I was washing one of the cars, I never knew that you must not step on the throttle before the car moves, I just start the car, engage the gear and remove my leg from the crunch, the car jumped and hit the car in front. That was my first experience with a car.

Weeks later, one of the sons asked me to drive, we're on the highway, he told me what to do and was like I got it. From gear 1, I jumped to gear 4 while I was dancing with the steering, I nearly caused an accident.

That was how I managed to learn, after many attempts.

How did you learn how to drive, did you went to a driving school?

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by finalboss1(m): 8:07pm On May 05, 2016
no my natural talent

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by timilehing(m): 9:05pm On May 05, 2016
Long Story......... But no one in particular taught me how to

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by Smartsyn(m): 11:02pm On May 05, 2016
timilehing:
Long Story......... But no one in particular taught me how to
that's cool, but what was your most difficult challenge? Mine was steadying the steering wheels..

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by bastien: 6:19am On May 06, 2016
Driving school 2wks, 1wk for theory the other week for practical.

For anybody who wants to drive first of all enroll into good license driving school... U gonna learn so many things, I was happy I did

1. Cars steering has number, which many drivers don't know
2. Cars can move without u engaging the throttle/gas
3. They are two common ways to hold the steering (2-10 or, 3-45 etc)
4. The last person wey drive the car fit don adjust am go front top much, when u drive na ur leg go dey pain u.
5. Those sign on the dashboard, some people dey drive them no know oil sign smh.

Etc

35 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by Kraspo(m): 6:22am On May 06, 2016
The mechanic guy in my area taught me
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by honsaint(m): 6:22am On May 06, 2016
Space Booked
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by Erickthewreck: 6:23am On May 06, 2016
Went to driving school
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by ladyF(f): 6:24am On May 06, 2016
My dad actually started teaching me at some point. No be small vex he vex. cheesy

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by tropaz(m): 6:24am On May 06, 2016
H
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by Lovexme(m): 6:24am On May 06, 2016
Almost self-taught.

Never been to a driving school, but I know and observe road and traffic rules than most.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by Barselonia(m): 6:25am On May 06, 2016
initially start learning it from my mum before proceeding to dad damillare, an area mechanic....

zero accident occurrence Since I start driving at year 2008
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by hardbody: 6:26am On May 06, 2016
Smartsyn:
I learnt through the hard way.

When I was in school, that was my 2nd year, I was living with an Uncle and he has many cars, and two of them was at our disposal. His two sons, my age mates can all drive, but I can't, I have never drive before in my life.

One morning as I was washing one of the cars, I never knew that you must not step on the throttle before the car moves, I just start the car, engage the gear and remove my leg from the crunch, the car jumped and hit the car in front. That was my first experience with a car.

Weeks later, one of the sons asked me to drive, we're on the highway, he told me what to do and was like I got it. From gear 1, I jumped to gear 4 while I was dancing with the steering, I nearly caused an accident.

That was how I managed to learn, after many attempts.

How did you learn how to drive, did you went to a driving school?

I dId not 'went( sic )' to a driving school. My dad taught me.

Little wonder i scare danfo and molue drivers off the road. cheesy angry grin

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by noskeybaba: 6:26am On May 06, 2016
About to learn, but work won't let me have the time. But definitely before the end of the year. I remember November last year, I visited my sister, she was pregnant, then she was in labour, I don't know what to do, the husband was not around but this car was home. I couldn't drive. We had to wait for the husband. That was the first time of seeing a woman in labour. She cursed me like never before. Lol. Like "why cant I drive" and calling me names. We laugh about that now. But I really felt bad about not being able to drive my sis to hospital.

25 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by wayne4loan: 6:27am On May 06, 2016
A story for another day

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by ziego(m): 6:27am On May 06, 2016
I got into my fathers car and drove off.

8 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by bastien: 6:27am On May 06, 2016
Kraspo:
The mechanic guy in my area taught me
lol, u go dey drive like them, rough.... That's why they full Lagos

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by ayrulez(m): 6:28am On May 06, 2016
Usually sit in the passenger's sit beside the driver...so I look at every driver's leg, hand and navigation.. Then am a very good drift game player couple with some things I read online, I was able to move both manual and auto vehicle...but was nervous and unprofessional at first cus I might tap wipe thinking its trafficator, eventually, I became a fayawo driver after sometime...

20 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by shakur4luv(m): 6:29am On May 06, 2016
AV BEEN TO DRIVING SCHOOL BUT AM YET TO PRACTICE HOW TO DRIVE because I DONT AV A CAR[/quote]
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by Darkseid(m): 6:29am On May 06, 2016
bastien:

For anybody who wants to drive first of all enroll into good license driving school... U gonna learn so many things, I was happy I did

4. The last person wey drive the car fit don adjust am go front top much, when u drive na ur leg go dey pain u.
5. Those sign on the dashboard, some people dey drive them no know oil sign smh.

Etc
Same as me. I started driving perfectly on my own the next day after I finished from the driving school.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by hardbody: 6:30am On May 06, 2016
bastien:

Etc

Ten past 7 is the safest steering handling position.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by solid3(m): 6:30am On May 06, 2016
Simply by always seating in front near the driver ever since I was area tender age. So I needed no one to teach me how to drive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by VocalWalls: 6:30am On May 06, 2016
Stealing the keys. But as expected, there were a few scratches.

How To Give Your Home A Fresh Look In 10 Minutes
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by bastien: 6:31am On May 06, 2016
hardbody:

Ten past 7 is the safest steering handling position.
mine na 10 to 2
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by tlops(m): 6:33am On May 06, 2016
The hard way. Cost at a million to get my drivers license.
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by tellwisdom: 6:34am On May 06, 2016
You removed your leg from the CRUNCH?? ....For real??

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by chrisBenSunny: 6:34am On May 06, 2016
Ever ready driving school, it was toff though.
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by bastien: 6:35am On May 06, 2016
Darkseid:
Same as me. I started driving perfectly on my own the next day after I finished from the driving school.
hmm..... The last thing I ever wanted to was putting L in the car

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by lonelydora: 6:35am On May 06, 2016
I started by stealing popsy's car key whenever he's not around. Remove car from gear and roll it a bit. That was in secondary school.

I grew up to know i can drive. No one taught me.
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by hardbody: 6:36am On May 06, 2016
bastien:
mine na 10 to 2

Lol. You will be seating and holding the steering like a rabbit

Na joke I dey oooo

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by wilcox(m): 6:38am On May 06, 2016
Very funny indeed. I did it all myself nobody, but over time I needed someone to perfect it. But somehow, it is affecting me today because teaching others how to drive is one thing I can't actually do. My fiance is on my head to teach her how to driver but no way. I have offered her driving school fee twice but she still insist even when she tags me a rough driver. She actually calls me James Bond when am on wheel.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cmr & Proof Of Ownership / Car Quiz - Tell Us The Names Of These Cars Using Their Rear Lights / How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.