Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

How Did You Learn How To Drive? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Did You Learn How To Drive? (16800 Views)

If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) / Video Of A Dad Teaching His 3year Old Daughter How To Drive Wow / Funny Memes Relating To When You’ve Just Learned To Drive. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by kheengkhargo(m): 6:38am On May 06, 2016
ma friend taught me grin
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by bastien: 6:38am On May 06, 2016
hardbody:

Lol. You will be seating and holding the steering like a rabbit

Na joke I dey oooo
lol, I hold steering like that when I dey on serious mood, most times na one hand thing
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by abidak1759(m): 6:39am On May 06, 2016
No one taught me how to drive, from lyrically (bicycle) , to shoki (bike), to efejoku (motor). Koni da fun iya anybody (tutor). grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by hardbody: 6:40am On May 06, 2016
Meanwhile all these guys that nobody taught.....God help una sha

To my mind, no matter the quantity of medical or legal books you study, you need to be guided. Those are professions just like driving is.

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by olayinex(m): 6:41am On May 06, 2016
no 1 thought me I learn from look nd practice with mamas car
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by hardbody: 6:42am On May 06, 2016
bastien:
lol, I hold steering like that when I dey on serious mood, most times na one hand thing

Cool thing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by mrbionic: 6:52am On May 06, 2016
And all of you guys are proud that nobody taught you guys, no wonder we have high rate of accidents in Nigeria.
Please there is no smartness in doing the right thing the wrong way. If you are self taught you still need to for driving class when the fund is there.

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by nedu2000(m): 6:54am On May 06, 2016
Burnout on PS 3
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by PapiDShipCapt(m): 6:58am On May 06, 2016
2003 we were all tipsy in a bar, when I told my friend I will drive us home, d guy throw key give me. na so my eye take clear on steering wheels, already people dey watch us and I don enter car. that was how a drunk guy taught me how to drive.
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by TheSpellChecker: 7:03am On May 06, 2016
Smartsyn:
I learnt through the hard way.

When I was in school, that was my 2nd year, I was living with an Uncle and he has many cars, and two of them was at our disposal. His two sons, my age mates can all drive, but I can't, I have never drive before in my life.

One morning as I was washing one of the cars, I never knew that you must not step on the throttle before the car moves, I just start the car, engage the gear and remove my leg from the crunch, the car jumped and hit the car in front. That was my first experience with a car.

Weeks later, one of the sons asked me to drive, we're on the highway, he told me what to do and was like I got it. From gear 1, I jumped to gear 4 while I was dancing with the steering, I nearly caused an accident.

That was how I managed to learn, after many attempts.

How did you learn how to drive, did you went to a driving school?

I believe clutch is what you have in mind. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by nonstan(m): 7:10am On May 06, 2016
Smartsyn:
I learnt through the hard way.

When I was in school, that was my 2nd year, I was living with an Uncle and he has many cars, and two of them was at our disposal. His two sons, my age mates can all drive, but I can't, I have never drive before in my life.

One morning as I was washing one of the cars, I never knew that you must not step on the throttle before the car moves, I just start the car, engage the gear and remove my leg from the crunch, the car jumped and hit the car in front. That was my first experience with a car.

Weeks later, one of the sons asked me to drive, we're on the highway, he told me what to do and was like I got it. From gear 1, I jumped to gear 4 while I was dancing with the steering, I nearly caused an accident.

That was how I managed to learn, after many attempts.

How did you learn how to drive, did you went to a driving school?
op please stop killing English..thank you

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by banme1(m): 7:19am On May 06, 2016
Op clutch not crunch.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by Nobody: 7:21am On May 06, 2016
I started driving wen I was 11,we just lost our dad and my mum had to learn how to drive(she to fear wen pops tried to teach her). So while d driver was teaching her, sharp guy was observing even with my dad.was a terrorist back then she dare nt leave any car key for me to see it's bye bye.well before the joy riding I joined the Peugeot with our house wall in unholy matrimony grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by JoeCutie(m): 7:23am On May 06, 2016
Confidence!

I just hopped in the car, put on my seat belt, started the engine, selected the gear, accelerated and drove off!

I had always watched my parents and siblings - and whomever - drive. So it was just a matter of getting hold of the steering myself, having mastered the theoretical part. Mind you: you can never drive - or be a good driver - if you keep being afraid of every rat and frog that moves on the road. Confidence! Driving is actually easier than people think it is

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by sanyahkod(m): 7:28am On May 06, 2016
Started driving at age 16, just immediately I finished secondary school. I learnt driving in a driving school and I was a very fast learner. Today, to do car race dey always hungry me.
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by ArinzeAlec(m): 7:30am On May 06, 2016
Almost self-thought. Had to capitalize on the advantage of my friend being thought by his father for two whooping days, took over the mantle of momma's steerling the fifth day.

No car accident till feb 2014 in ajah, man had a horrible accident because you wont drive yours and some of the rich ass mofukin drivers.
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by rofesobi33(m): 7:34am On May 06, 2016
I learnt driving through car driving game, watch videos on driving skills and imagination, coupled with common sense.
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by Nobody: 7:34am On May 06, 2016
Lies Nigerian males tell the most:

1. I learned to drive on my own, nobody taught me.

2. Doubling condoms reduce the risk of catching STDs.

3. Guinness cures malaria (the most dumb myth ever).

Still observing and yet to compile more.

This has been posted before. Slow news day I guess. Seun should employ a set of individuals charged with seeking already asked questions then link the OPs with their solutions: https://www.nairaland.com/2976878/taught-how-drive

Ask yourself, if Nigerian men learned to drive on their own then why do driving schools litter every street corner? I also use the chance to beg everyone who can drive to enter driving schools; the biggest hazards on the road are individuals who never entered an instructional institution one day in their learning experience.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by slamstanlee(m): 7:38am On May 06, 2016
After secondary school @ 16, there was an auto workshop in my area, all the personnel were my friends. I mingled very well. My first move was reverse, thanks to the battery technician, he just gave me the keys and said lets go. That was it. Three days later i stepped on a dog's leg with one clean mitsuibishi gallant. Now they call me road master/fast n furious...
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by scampy(m): 7:42am On May 06, 2016
I learn how to drive Automatic car thru YouTube. I will need someone to teach me how to drive Manual before I go jam person.
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by dapraiz(m): 7:42am On May 06, 2016
nobody taught me how to drive just started maself...twz fun tho..
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by Emimoney(m): 7:43am On May 06, 2016
lonelydora:
I started by stealing popsy's car key whenever he's not around. Remove car from gear and roll it a bit. That was in secondary school.

I grew up to know i can drive. No one taught me.
my father caught me doing it back in those days, the kind beating he gave me that day eh, very harsh human being his only concern was about his car, now that am a little mature i know how to handle him, he can't raise a finger at me now

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by Nobody: 7:48am On May 06, 2016
Training myself on the manual, so that I can be a perfect driver.
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by marshalcarter: 8:04am On May 06, 2016
ziego:
I got into my fathers car and drove off.
#coughs

Eazy baba
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by Nobody: 8:06am On May 06, 2016
I just drove!.......i had to drive when my father was drunk
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by NevetsIbot(m): 8:09am On May 06, 2016
dad's teaching me.... I'm already driving easily... Buh mehn.. Reversing outta the compound fills my ears with insulTs and making a u-turn then rotating the wheel back fast enough. We'll drive out of the house smilling... Come back in frowning. Hehe

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by jojothaiv(m): 8:11am On May 06, 2016
finalboss1:
no my natural talent
Linus Spotted!!!
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by artsoft1: 8:18am On May 06, 2016
shakur4luv:
AV BEEN TO DRIVING SCHOOL BUT AM YET TO PRACTICE HOW TO DRIVE because I DONT AV A CAR

God will provide you with one. Me I don't have a car either and I don't know how to drive. God will provide for us all..... Happy Friday

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by showreals(m): 8:21am On May 06, 2016
My sister taught me and men that girl crazy
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by Nobody: 8:24am On May 06, 2016
Op, na you been wan hit that day eh. But me i no learn we have so many cars at home, i just start driving no tutor
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by amikeem(m): 8:26am On May 06, 2016
My own was very awesome though very crazy because it was one of the bullion van drivers from bank that taught me. At first I was kinda scared because it's not a toy it's a real machine. And each time I was behind the wheel for training this guy always nag at me to the extent that he will hit me on my head, shouting on me and so on. But today I give glory to God for I can train as many people as possible.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by Nobody: 8:32am On May 06, 2016
This thread can be a good reference for why there is a lot of road rage and annoying driving on our roads.
To move a car is different from being able to 'drive'. Now you see people braking suddenly while navigating a roundabout for another vehicle to pass when they have a right of way and could just easily cause an accident.
No driving education!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Different Car Body Types You Need To Know / Police Suspend Operation Velvet For One Month / Cmr & Proof Of Ownership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.