Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun (16915 Views)

Ekiti Workers To Fayose: We Need Our Salaries, Not Xmas Clothes / Federal Civil Servants Salaries Cut. Tax Increase / Petrol: N145 Per Litre Not Sustainable – NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun by tpiah01: 6:43am On May 06, 2016
Can these bloggers or whoever plz stop releasing all these "breaking news" from the ministry of finance.

Do you folks even know what you're supposed to be doing, or is it primarily a ministry of social media? ?

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun by gebest: 7:04am On May 06, 2016
citizenisb:
God will help us through this difficult economic times, Buhari means well but oil price is down, we are underproducing at only 1.7 million barrels, Niger delta militants just bombed another pipeline, dollar is scarce, foreign investors have run away and importers and exporters are smuggling instead of using our ports thus dwindling Customs revenue.

They shared only 299 Billion last month amongst the three tiers of government so you can see why they have to borrow just to pay salaries of workers!!
bros dey should perform miracle i no fit shout
Re: Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun by otokx(m): 7:19am On May 06, 2016
citizenisb:
http://m.news24.com.ng/Nigeria/National/News/fg-to-increase-fuel-price-next-month-20160406

Fuel price to likely increase next week, fuel queues back in Abuja!!

Bad alarm, we are buying petrol for 120 per litre in Port Harcourt with no queue.

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun by BeardedMeat(m): 7:19am On May 06, 2016
gebest:
I.diot my salary is over 200,000, dey there dey wail, dat is y u will remain unemployed for life.
grin grin E pain am wella!

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun by obailala(m): 7:27am On May 06, 2016
emmasege:
It can't be sustainable because you lack the intellect to manage the nation's resources. You are the worst thing to happen to our economy just like the herdsman who employed you is the worst thing to ever happen to our nation. You can't sustain payment of salaries but you have money to refund campaign expenses in the name of bail-out which you cunningly extended to some PDP states also so that they would not suspect you.
Your gross ineptitude stinks to the heavens and am ashamed you are from my race. You claim to be the nation's chief account officer and yet don't know how much is in the excess crude account and amount that has been recovered through the TSA.

Only a herdsman could have employed a B.Sc. Econs holder with inadequate experience, when there are thousands of highly qualified technocrats in the nation without necessarily going abroad to bring "aloku oyinbo' (white man-rejected). God bless Iweala, Soludo and their seeds. Those are technocrats who spoke authoritatively with facts and figures, and not an ordinary bank teller whose political connection and beauty earned commissioner/minister of finance.
Another rudderless rantings from another pained jonathanian who is yet to overcome the trauma of election loss. Its been over a year bro, get yourself together.

After your lords ran down the nation, you handed over a carcass and are expecting a miracle even when revenues have significantly dwindled, nonsense reasoning! Meanwhile to deflate your ignorance, more pdp states received bailouts than apc controlled states.

3 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun by omogin(f): 7:49am On May 06, 2016
Civil servants can never get up to that. Go from ministry to ministry to clean up their books.
Re: Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun by NaijaEfcc: 8:06am On May 06, 2016
"Traveling does not grow the economy and this must also stop" - Adeosun!! is she throwing jabs at Buhari with style?? lol

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun by HomeOfMe(f): 8:44am On May 06, 2016

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun by jojothaiv(m): 8:46am On May 06, 2016
Not sustainable okay.....
What can we say about the NASS salary too...
Like it should also be downsize too...
And let's wait and see their response..
Really tired with the state of the nation..
Re: Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun by jojothaiv(m): 8:48am On May 06, 2016
NaijaEfcc:
"Traveling does not grow the economy and this must also stop" - Adeosun!! is she throwing jabs at Buhari with style?? lol
When push come to shove....

Seems she is also feeling the heat....
Re: Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun by StepTwo: 8:48am On May 06, 2016
which ghost workers again

i thought last time they said they screened ghost workers?

oh, i knew all this woman could do is put engine oil in her mouth and start speaking english

worafuck

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun by rottennaija(m): 8:51am On May 06, 2016
SleekAboki:
Kemi seems overwhelmed! I see fear and paranoia in her eyes.

No, whenever she speaks, I see someone with passion and authority. Someone that know what she is speaking about
Re: Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun by rottennaija(m): 8:53am On May 06, 2016
Pidggin:
When it was sustainable some FG workers said they wanted change, they are now getting the change they asked for. I only pity those who did not ask for change

It has never been sustained. The government were not truthful
Re: Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun by Nobody: 8:57am On May 06, 2016
“Last year, we spent N64 billion on travelling and only N90 billion on roads. Travelling does not grow the economy and this must also stop,’’ she said.

Mrs Kemi if you hurry, you'll catch buhari before he jets off to France!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun by Deen77: 9:01am On May 06, 2016
citizenisb:
God will help us through this difficult economic times, Buhari means well but oil price is down, we are underproducing at only 1.7 million barrels, Niger delta militants just bombed another pipeline, dollar is scarce, foreign investors have run away and importers and exporters are smuggling instead of using our ports thus dwindling Customs revenue.

They shared only 299 Billion last month amongst the three tiers of government so you can see why they have to borrow just to pay salaries of workers!!

You can't change their mind, but thank God Nigeria has been turn to Zimbabwe.

Every student of economic know what it is to run Nigeria with Crude Oil Crash.

$140 x 2,000,000 = $280 million, Jonathan government.
$30 x 2,000,000 = $60 million, Buhari government.

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun by SaintVico(m): 9:02am On May 06, 2016
This woman knows nothing about the economy...she comes almost every month to give flimsy excusses. Cut the excesses of the presidency, NASS.
Re: Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun by Nobody: 9:04am On May 06, 2016
Adebola02:
But a big chunk of the budget still goes the NASS. They can sustain the 165 Billion by cutting off excesses.

Good point , that where they should begin doesn't make sense if 165 people earn salaries of over 10,000 people.
Re: Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun by Montaque(m): 9:06am On May 06, 2016
Ms. Kemi, can we still financially sustain our bicameral legislature?
Re: Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun by drnoel: 9:07am On May 06, 2016
She doesn't have to look far, NASS and reps salaries already make half that bunch.
Re: Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun by Btruth: 9:11am On May 06, 2016
Madam minister, this thing shouldn't be hard now.....lol. Even if you give me the job, I will do it. All that needed to be done is get the name of all the federal staffs, and indicate their salaries now, a bi?

How is that too difficult?....... grin a bi no be mathematics again nii?
Re: Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun by pedrilo: 9:13am On May 06, 2016
Those civil servants who voted for change will definitely be served.
Re: Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun by solreb: 9:22am On May 06, 2016
emmasege:
It can't be sustainable because you lack the intellect to manage the nation's resources. You are the worst thing to happen to our economy just like the herdsman who employed you is the worst thing to ever happen to our nation. You can't sustain payment of salaries but you have money to refund campaign expenses in the name of bail-out which you cunningly extended to some PDP states also so that they would not suspect you.
Your gross ineptitude stinks to the heavens and am ashamed you are from my race. You claim to be the nation's chief account officer and yet don't know how much is in the excess crude account and amount that has been recovered through the TSA.

Only a herdsman could have employed a B.Sc. Econs holder with inadequate experience, when there are thousands of highly qualified technocrats in the nation without necessarily going abroad to bring "aloku oyinbo' (white man-rejected). God bless Iweala, Soludo and their seeds. Those are technocrats who spoke authoritatively with facts and figures, and not an ordinary bank teller whose political connection and beauty earned commissioner/minister of finance.

I hardly respond to posts like this but one needs to enlighten people like you. Tell me what were the cumulative achievements of NOI as finance minister under OBJ and GEJ? The answer is the harsh economic situation the country is facing. Under her watch Nigeria treasury was stolen blind taking us to negative despite huge revenues from oil and savings left behind by OBJ. She plunged us into debt again eroding tge gains of the debt cancellation she arranged at a huge consultancy fees with her world bank allies. I listened to Adeosun on Channels yesterday and i have implicit confidence that she can deliver. She may not have PHd or have connections to perform voodoo economics like NOI because that is not what the country needs now.

5 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun by greatiyk4u(m): 9:26am On May 06, 2016
phlemzy:
It is not new to all that the number of civil servants on government payroll is over bloated. States equally have the challenge before them too. She has not explicitly said that FG will either owe salaries in the months to come or lay off active workers. Sacking of ghost workers is not an issue that should be wailed over by anybody.

I salute your intelligence!

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun by aksule(m): 9:32am On May 06, 2016
People say it would have been worse had it been GEJ was still in power. Left to me alone that's another lame excuse among numerous excuses. At times the people at the helm of affairs believed we are kids who cannot reason and expect us to accept with joy every controversial excuses.
Re: Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun by Deen77: 9:32am On May 06, 2016
solreb:

I hardly respond to posts like this but one needs to enlighten people like you. Tell me what were the cumulative achievements of NOI as finance minister under OBJ and GEJ? The answer is the harsh economic situation the country is facing. Under her watch Nigeria treasury was stolen blind taking us to negative despite huge revenues from oil and savings left behind by OBJ. She plunged us into debt again eroding tge gains of the debt cancellation she arranged at a huge consultancy fees with her world bank allies. I listened to Adeosun on Channels yesterday and i have implicit confidence that she can deliver. She may not have PHd or have connections to perform voodoo economics like NOI because that is not what the country needs now.

You can't change their minds, they know nothing about economy.

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun by Adminisher: 9:34am On May 06, 2016
SleekAboki:
Kemi seems overwhelmed! I see fear and paranoia in her eyes.

She is focused and realistic. Okonjo did not tell us railways was paying salaries to hundreds of thousands. Where are the trains?
PDP under Jonathan was a LYING/ STEALING government.

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun by koboko69: 9:37am On May 06, 2016
emmasege:

Did u read the article at all or u just decided to rant foolishly? Y

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun by cuteboy2: 9:38am On May 06, 2016
citizenisb:

Mrs Kemi Adeosun, Minister of Finance, spoke at a meeting with Newspaper Proprietors Association of Nigeria (NPAN) hosted by her counterpart in the Ministry of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed.

The minister assured that government would correct the anomalies in the payroll system and weed out all ghost workers in the service.

Adeosun said that the fiscal focus of the administration was to ensure an economic growth that would be measured on job creation and productive sectors.

Also speaking at the meeting, the Minister of Agriculture, Audu Ogbeh said government would reposition the agricultural sector to become the mainstay of the economy.

“The ministry will give policy direction and coordination to make farming attractive and for people to practice it as business.

“Government will put policy in place to recover the 22 billion dollars which is floating out of the country’s resources to sustain farms in other countries back to our villages.

“Government will also ensure that bank review the two digits interest rate on loan to farmers and other productive sector.

“The change promised may appear to be slow, but it is actually taking place. In this year, we have harvested million tons of rice,’’ he said.

The Minister of Environment, Amina Mohammed said government would complete the clean-up of the Ogoni land in the next one year and ensure the degraded land was revived for productive purposes.

She said the Great Green Wall project of planting trees to control desert encroachment would also be given priority by the administration.

Every official of this government is afflicted with the disease of "will", "would", "shall", and "to".
When are we going to see actual actual and evidence of results?

We are fed up with all these will, will , shall, shall, would, would, and to, to, to

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Umahi: Counter-Secessionist Groups Will Rise In The South-East / Bayelsa Sea Pirates Ambush Oil Workers, Civil Defence Personnel, Kill Four / Abdulsalami Hails Liman Ibrahim As IBB Hosts Him, Commends His Dedication (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.