Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,147 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 (42207 Views)

Crystal Palace Vs Manchester United: FA Cup Final (1 - 2) On 21st May 2016 / Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid: UCL (5 - 4) On 28th May 2016 / Bayern Munich Vs Atletico Madrid : UCL (2 - 1) On 3rd May 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by robosky02(m): 8:52am On May 19, 2016
Mediapace:
Na lie biko , thegoodjoe mukina2 robosky02 optional1 i need your help

Real Madrid CF
Formed: 1902
Nickname: Los Merengues (The Meringues)

UEFA club competition honours (runners-up in brackets)

• European Cup (10): 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, (1962), (1964), 1966, (1981), 1998, 2000, 2002, 2014
• UEFA Cup (2): 1985, 1986
• UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: (1971), (1983)
• UEFA Super Cup (2): (1998), (2000), 2002, 2014
• European/South American Cup (3): 1960, (1966), 1998, (2000), 2002

Picture from 1956 the first time they won it

Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by Segadem(m): 8:53am On May 19, 2016
habsydiamond:
This liverpool really Bleep me up ooo. There performance didn't show they would have won the game. Serious liverpool fans. Next season is there for u guys.
my bro, Liverpool just messed themselves up, even if that second half will be played for 2hrs they can not equalize, they just fail Epl supporters
Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by Mediapace: 8:54am On May 19, 2016
Thanks bro
robosky02:

Real Madrid CF
Formed: 1902
Nickname: Los Merengues (The Meringues)

UEFA club competition honours (runners-up in brackets)

• European Cup (10): 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, (1962), (1964), 1966, (1981), 1998, 2000, 2002, 2014
• UEFA Cup (2): 1985, 1986
• UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: (1971), (1983)
• UEFA Super Cup (2): (1998), (2000), 2002, 2014
• European/South American Cup (3): 1960, (1966), 1998, (2000), 2002
Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by robosky02(m): 8:56am On May 19, 2016
the Tenth time REAL MADRID WON the EUFA champions leagues (LA DECIMA)

watch the video:

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/video/stars-of-ucl/videoid=2306507.html

Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by ElCount: 8:57am On May 19, 2016
Segadem:
I'm just joking, u should know that
lool! You got me there
Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:59am On May 19, 2016
Hmmm.... Come on now, don't be this harsh because Sevillla won. wink

Take it easy.

Of course, Spain's BBVA La Liga is the planet's no.1 league and for me it has nothing to do with yesterday's result (which ensures Spain wins both European club competitions for the third year in a row.... awesome feat).

Putting all things, all parameters together, yes... La Liga rules.

But I also rate the EPL highly. For me and even on overall expert view grounds, The EPL is world's second best league, bundesliga is third, Serie A is fourth. France's Ligue One is fifth (though it has a UEFA factor value of 1.5). Portugal's primeira Liga (has UEFA factor value of 2.0) and The Dutch Eredivisie occupy 6th and 7th respectively but 6th to 10th kinda varies.

The Big 5 are La Liga, EPL, Bundesliga, Serie A and Ligue 1.

La Liga with the most elite players in the world and all other factors taken into account is surely no.1 But sorry to say it isn't the most exciting or most intense. It's not even the richest league (but sometimes, the best don't have to be the outright richest wink )

The EPL is without question the most competitive, most adrenaline-laden, most dramatic, most intense, and the richest league. BUT CERTAINLY THESE ARE NOT ENOUGH TO MAKE THE EPL THE BEST LEAGUE.... THEY SIT IN SECOND TO THE KING OF FOOTBALL LEAGUES, "THE LA LIGA" smiley

But hey! watch out next season, a line up of several of the world's most elite managers/coaches will be in the EPL.

For the first time in a long long while, we get to see the very best of coaching master minds feature in one league.... The EPL.

Check out this line-up:

-Man City's Joseph "Pep" Guardiola

- Chelsea's Antonio Conte

- Leicester's Claudio Ranieri

- Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp

- Man Utd's Louis Van Gaal (hate him or love him, but he has an intimidating CV, won the UCL in 95 with KANU, Kluivert, Litmanen, Finidi George etc @ Ajax Araterdam. Won the Eredivisie 3-4 times in a row, etc...... even coached The Netherlands to World Cup Bronze).

- Tottenham's Mauricio Pochettino

- Southampton's Ronald Koeman

- Aresnal's Arsene Wenger (he has many haters but he somehow avoided the mockery that would have followed had Tottenham finished above Arsenal. He's still a world class coach any day).

- West Ham's Slaven Bilic (former coach of Croatia).

**If only Mourinho is added to this list.... awwwwn my goodness!

**If only Pellegrini can remain in England after leaving Man city (Everton is available.... but unlikely... time will tell).

What am I trying to say? Next season, La Liga will still have the most elite and very best players but the EPL will have a gathering of the most elite and very best coaches.... what an interesting scenario... wink

So you see, I love it when we all look at things with good balance of views devoid of bias and sentiments. LA Liga is certainly the best but the EPL can still hold their own against the very best when they dig deep. You just have to respect the intensity and persistence of the English teams. wink

P.S: You say no English team can stand Sevilla? or Valencia? or Malaga?

hmmm... that's kinda harsh considering the fact that Man City beat Sevilla in this concluding season's Champions league home and away. wink

They battered Sevilla real good.... Yes... it's the exact same Sevilla that just lifted the Europa title last night. wink

**they finished third in that UCL group that had Man city, Juventus and Borussia Mochen Gladbach. That's how Sevilla "again" dropped down to the Europa and yet again went all the way to the title....

Come on! Give the EPL some respect... even if it's just a little. wink

gibzzhd:
Spain rules 3-1 sevilla.no EPL side can stand Malaya,Valencia and sevilla not to talk of the big 3 athletico,Madrid n barca.
in la liga I trust.
Mediocre EPL side competing among themselves saying its competitive.lol
Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by optional1(f): 9:04am On May 19, 2016
firstking01:
With those physical features i'm seeing in your dp lipsrsealed, you call yourself a kid?

Hehehehe!!! Am still a baby in my mama's eyes own oooo.
Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by robosky02(m): 9:07am On May 19, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Hmmm.... Come on now, don't be this harsh because Sevillla won. wink

Take it easy.

Come on! Give the EPL some respect... even if it's just a little. wink

EPL really exciting but they must go beyond that

win were it matters ...Europe

imagine Lescester beating all their big boys to the trophy
Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by firstking01(m): 9:20am On May 19, 2016
optional1:

Hehehehe!!! Am still a baby in my mama's eyes own oooo.
Lol, yes na, in our parents eyes no matter how we 've grown they still see us as babies...but before your admirers eyes, you are an overriped pawpawgrin
Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by habsydiamond(m): 9:22am On May 19, 2016
Segadem:
my bro, Liverpool just messed themselves up, even if that second half will be played for 2hrs they can not equalize, they just fail Epl supporters
at first, I was thinking they will perform like against dortmund not knowing I will be seeing an Aston villa's performance. Know Spain will be claiming superiority over England thanks to Liverpool.
Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:27am On May 19, 2016
But that is the part of the competitiveness I was referring to.... wink

Such will almost never happen in LA Liga or the Bundesliga.

Though it has happened before in those two leagues and no I do not speak of the 1970s and 1980s....

I speak of Kaiserlautern's shock title win in the bundesliga in 1998 (managed by the same coach who led Greece to Euro 2004 triumph--- another fairytale shock in football). Kaiser came from relegation and beat all comers including almighty Bayern... wink

In LA Liga it happened in the early 2000s when a team inspired by Roy makaay and Diego Tristan tore Spain to shreds (barca and Madrid couldn't stop them). Deportiva LA coruna conquered Spain in that period Twice!!!! Another shock!!

So you see Sir.... such happens sometimes. But I hope to see Leicester build on this and create a dynasty of their own and not go the way of the above mentioned clubs and even the likes of Nottingham forest.

If you ask me, I'll say watch out for Leicester and Guardiola's Man City in next season's champs league.

Spurs and Arsenal will be no push overs too....

But the best and super favorites will still be FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, FC Bayern Munich, and Atletico Madrid... In this order.

I forsee England doing really well within the next 3 UCL seasons because they now have the very best managers/coaches and the money to get some of the finest players in addition "some" of the best players on earth they already have.

But it's LA Liga who is home to a "super abundance" of the very best and most elite players on the planet.

robosky02:

EPL really exciting but they must go beyond that

win were it matters ...Europe

imagine Lescester beating all their big boys to the trophy
Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by robosky02(m): 9:37am On May 19, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

But that is the part of the competitiveness I was referring to.... wink

So you see Sir.... such happens sometimes. But I hope to see Leicester build on this and create a dynasty of their own and not go the way of the above mentioned clubs and even the likes of Nottingham forest.

If you ask me, I'll say watch out for Leicester and Guardiola's Man City in next season's champs league.

Spurs and Arsenal will be no push overs too....

planet.

I like your optimism but Leicester will NEVER be able to withstand the heat
cos next season every one will be coming for them
and besides do they have enough players to compete in all from EPL,EUFA, Capital 1 cup etc,
fatigue may just kill them

except a Arabia or Asian money is pump into the cloth

the fairy tale is as good as ended till next 20 years
Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by smartigo: 10:36am On May 19, 2016
ancientbanana:
una sabi football at all? Go n watch it again. It was a Liverpool play Dat mistakenly passed d ball to him.

U go Academy ?
Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by optional1(f): 10:37am On May 19, 2016
firstking01:
Lol, yes na, in our parents eyes no matter how we 've grown they still see us as babies...but before your admirers eyes, you are an overriped pawpawgrin

even in ur eyes am a baby nd not overriped pawpaw, if am overriped pawpaw, y is my sweetheart calling me baby, y r guys alwayz calling me baby wen am walking pass them.

Huh!!
Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by Sirmuel1(m): 10:42am On May 19, 2016
Up Spain grin

Some mumu will say "lali gor" grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by Sirmuel1(m): 10:45am On May 19, 2016
potbelly:
Can't Man Utd sack VanGaal and hire this Sevilla coach?

Una wan end his career just the way you guys did to Moyes? grin grin

Manchester United.....endtime team grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by Sirmuel1(m): 10:50am On May 19, 2016
ANTONINEUTRON:

If u tell EPL fans, they no go gree with thier overhyped league.

even Leicestar[1st for England] go sweat before they even fit beat celta da vigo.

Spain Is The Face Of Europe.

Make pep enter England teach them small spanish styles

Pep tried that in Germany, it didn't work out.
Spanish football is different. It is just the best.
Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:02am On May 19, 2016
Time will tell shaa.... We've seen such fairy tales before and it all came crashing down after a short while.

Hope Leicester can be different but time will tell.

They have a billionaire owner from Thailand (I think?) with a (sur)name difficult to pronounce... grin

But they need, like you've pointed out, the kinda vision and money investment that saw Chelsea rise to be among the top super powers of European football from 2004/05 season till date AND is seeing Man City rise steadily to the elites of European and world football since 2008.

Every empire had a beginning you know..... wink

Leicester may not stand the heat.... but they may yet shock you AGAIN... don't you think? wink
#winks

We are talking about a team that was 5000-1 odds on to win the EPL.... 5000-1 is like saying Turkmenistan has a better chance of lifting the FIFA world cup long before Leicester will win the EPL.

Truth is even Madonna, the singer was rated a 2000-1 odds to be the U.S. president in the next few years. 2000-1 is a far better chance than 5000-1.... 2000-1 is an almost super sure impossibility of that happening. Imagine what 5000-1 means. wink

Sir, in football, we don't draw conclusions in a hurry on "certain matters". Leicester shocked even you coz I know you gave them no chance in the outgoing EPL season....... grin

The UCL may be too tough to handle for them. It'll be their first season at such elite level afterall. Of course, they won't be able to compete efficiently across all 4 competitions.

But you know what, I think that is why they will crash out early in the FA Cup and Capital one and face the League and the UCL. You may never know.... wink
*winks*

Time will tell shaa....

robosky02:

I like your optimism but Leicester will NEVER be able to withstand the heat
cos next season every one will be coming for them
and besides do they have enough players to compete in all from EPL,EUFA, Capital 1 cup etc,
fatigue may just kill them

except a Arabia or Asian money is pump into the cloth

the fairy tale is as good as ended till next 20 years
Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by firstking01(m): 11:40am On May 19, 2016
optional1:

even in ur eyes am a baby nd not overriped pawpaw, if am overriped pawpaw, y is my sweetheart calling me baby, y r guys alwayz calling me baby wen am walking pass them.

Huh!!
Sweetheartundecided....who's your sweetheart?
Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by firstking01(m): 11:42am On May 19, 2016
optional1:

Huh!!
Sweetheartundecided....which sweetheart you talking bout again apart from me?...
Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by optional1(f): 3:24pm On May 19, 2016
firstking01:
Sweetheartundecided....which sweetheart you talking bout again apart from me?...

Don't u call me baby?
Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by firstking01(m): 3:26pm On May 19, 2016
optional1:

Don't u call me baby?
Nope i dnt...btw, i 've been waiting for your reply since, where you been go?
Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by optional1(f): 3:39pm On May 19, 2016
firstking01:
Nope i dnt...btw, i 've been waiting for your reply since, where you been go?

Phone shut down cos of battery
Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by firstking01(m): 3:43pm On May 19, 2016
optional1:

Phone shut down cos of battery
Wanna pm you my num, flash i'd call?
Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by FuckTheM0ds(m): 4:44pm On May 19, 2016
firstking01:
asherwo. Make una carry this una nonsense leave this Blessed Thread. Carry am go romance section
Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by firstking01(m): 4:49pm On May 19, 2016
FuckTheM0ds:
asherwo. Make una carry this una nonsense leave this Blessed Thread. Carry am go romance section
LOL;d, dude take a chill pill, after all, the match was yesterdayundecided
Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by optional1(f): 4:52pm On May 19, 2016
firstking01:

Dis our Love na HenTN EveryWhereYouWent!!
Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by FuckTheM0ds(m): 4:53pm On May 19, 2016
firstking01:
LOL;d, dude take a chill pill, after all, the match was yesterdayundecided
and the victory is still being celebrated today.
Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by firstking01(m): 5:04pm On May 19, 2016
FuckTheM0ds:
and the victory is still being celebrated today.
Ofcourse the sevillance are still celebrating the victory in spainundecided

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by firstking01(m): 5:06pm On May 19, 2016
optional1:

Dis our Love na HenTN EveryWhereYouWent!!
Should i??
Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by optional1(f): 5:09pm On May 19, 2016
firstking01:
Should i??

oya nah!!!
Re: Liverpool Vs Sevilla :Europa Cup Final (1 - 3) On 18th May 2016 by firstking01(m): 5:12pm On May 19, 2016
optional1:

oya nah!!!
Pls follow me back so i can send it??

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Real Madrid Are LA Liga Champions / Leicesters Vs Manchester United:Community Shield (1 - 2) On 7th August 2016 / Manchester United Vs Villarreal (2 - 1) On 29th September 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.