Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. (8659 Views)

22-Year-Old Lady Finally Finds Her Dad Who Impregnated Her Mum And Ran Away.PICS / Lady And Her Father Recreate Throwback Photo Of 23 Years Ago / Broken Eye Socket And Knocked Teeth – Lady Shares Her Story Of Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Nobody: 8:47am On May 07, 2016
Tope Oduola, a 23 year old woman, is going through the toughest time of her life. She is a native of Akoko quarters, Ogbomosho, Oyo State, but resident in Ibadan. An orphan who is the last child of a family of three. She was married to Mr Ope Olanrewaju in a traditional engagement, and the marriage of four years produced two children. She was enjoying her marriage until she lost her second child lately after a brief illness, after which her husband chased her out of their matrimonial home. And she's been denied access to her son of 2 years plus.She could only sneak in to see him when the husband is not around. This has rendered her homeless. Tope Oduola now sleeps on the street. She goes with her luggage in a balco sac. Presently, she sells pure water around Gate, Ibadan, but sleeps anywhere at night. This makes her vulnerable in the light of kidnapping and high rate of ritual killings in the nation.
This is why non-governmental organization and kindhearted individuals should please come to her rescue.
Her story was verified by following her to her husband house, and one was close to tears when her only son ran to jump on her neck.
Unfortunately, the husband has settled with another woman who was obviously a side chick while their marriage lasted.
Ms Tope Oduola needs help. She needs justice so that she can take care of her son. She needs where she can lay her head. She's a trained stylist, she needs job. And more importantly, she needs to be rescued from the street before the unfortunate happens!
Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Nobody: 8:51am On May 07, 2016
The canal Where she does her laundry and takes her bathe
Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Tallesty1(m): 8:52am On May 07, 2016
She doesn't have parents? Relations? Or a religious organization that she is a member?

I honestly couldn't buy this story.

5 Likes

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Dyt(f): 8:53am On May 07, 2016
I don't have nothing to offer but a truthful heart of prayer
May she meet that God sent.

But I think for the mean time
She should get herself busy as she's a stylist
Yes I am a mother and know how it feels when your child is taken away from you
But I just plead with her to take her stylist job seriously
She can never lack even a day meal with her handiwork
When she starts making money then she can fight for her child
Fighting for the child now, she won't win cos she doesn't even have where to rest her head

Its hard these days to get helper
Just get busy in doing what brings money

7 Likes

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Nobody: 8:55am On May 07, 2016
The house where she lived with her husband, and her son running to jump on her neck during the visit:
Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Nobody: 9:11am On May 07, 2016
So a man can throw his wife out and deprive her of her children just like this? And he can do it even though the woman passed the worst thing that can happen to a mother, which is to lose a child?

What nonsense, lawless country is it?
Where are the authorities?

GOSH! angry angry angry angry angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Nobody: 9:14am On May 07, 2016
The video interview:
There's difficulty in uploading the video.
Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by MizMyColi(f): 9:28am On May 07, 2016
*sighs*
Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by ifyalways(f): 10:38am On May 07, 2016
Hmmmn.

She looks quite neat for someone sleeping out on the streets.
She has a phone in her hands.
Where are her parents, siblings, friends? None of them could accommodate her or even offer her balcony for her to squat?

Sorry, I ain't buying this story. Yoruba's are very accommodating people. They accommodate strangers, can even let you sleep/squat on their balcony so long as you go find your daily bread in the mornings and return in the evening. Go check TBS, isale eko etc.

8 Likes

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Dyt(f): 10:44am On May 07, 2016
ifyalways:
Hmmmn.

Hmmmmmmnn!

Mama oooo
cheesy wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by ifyalways(f): 10:47am On May 07, 2016
Dyt:

Mama oooo
cheesy wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
True na

1 Like

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by cococandy(f): 11:33am On May 07, 2016
Mindfulness:
So a man can throw his wife out and deprive her of her children just like this? And he can do it even though the woman passed the worst thing that can happen to a mother, which is to lose a child?

What nonsense, lawless country is it?
Where are the authorities?

GOSH! angry angry angry angry angry
That's why nairaland men hate 'the west'. angry
Because you can't get away with such rubbish here hence the west is the devil's abode where the men are being emasculated for not being allowed to have authority over their wives as they would a lowly slave.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by cococandy(f): 11:35am On May 07, 2016
ifyalways:
Hmmmn.

Where are her parents, siblings, friends? None of them could accommodate her or even offer her balcony for her to squat?

Sorry, I ain't buying this story. Yoruba's are very accommodating people. They accommodate strangers, can even let you sleep/squat on their balcony so long as you go find your daily bread in the mornings and return in the evening. Go check TBS, isale eko etc.
It could be true. She might have owned the phone before being sent out.
And the story does say she has a canal where she bathes and does laundry.

6 Likes

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Nobody: 11:53am On May 07, 2016
ifyalways:
Hmmmn.

Talking about parents .....did u skip the part where dey say shes an orphan??.....not everyone got families...or families willing to help. Madam, things are not always as they seem...u have to have some emotions in that stony heart of yours

Cheers

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by ifyalways(f): 12:41pm On May 07, 2016
cococandy:

It could be true. She might have owned the phone before being sent out.
And the story does say she has a canal where she bathes and does laundry.

She must be extremely neat to look that clean for someone bathing in a canal and sleeping on the streets.

I live in Nigeria and understand the streets. It's gonna be near impossible for a woman, her age( ability to work, feed herself) , not disabled in any way, no clinging baby NOT to get family, friend or stranger to accommodate her.

Isolate this case, show me where you have read/heard/ seen such a story especially in the western part of Nigeria. Keywords:
Can fend for self
Is not pregnant
Have no baby
Is not sick
Things might be tough for her,I agree but to say this woman is sleeping out on the streets, that's a lie!!!!

9 Likes

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Kimoni: 1:18pm On May 07, 2016
Slivovitz - You are close to her and the environment she is in. Pls put heads together with her and itemize what she desires, how she hopes to achieve them and where exactly she needs people to come in. She cannot think of keeping the baby right now because she has neither a job nor home to take him to.

Pls be ready to substiante your claims when asked to do so.
Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 07, 2016
ifyalways:

She must be extremely neat to look that clean for someone bathing in a canal and sleeping on the streets.

I live in Nigeria and understand the streets. It's gonna be near impossible for a woman, her age( ability to work, feed herself) , not disabled in any way, no clinging baby NOT to get family, friend or stranger to accommodate her.

Isolate this case, show me where you have read/heard/ seen such a story especially in the western part of Nigeria. Keywords:
Can fend for self
Is not pregnant
Have no baby
Is not sick
Things might be tough for her,I agree but to say this woman is sleeping out on the streets, that's a lie!!!!

Well, I just wonder what such lie would pay anyone. For a young woman to allow her pictures on a forum like this, it must be a serious matter. For those who care to help, this woman as we speak, is in a restaurant at Gate, Ibadan selling pure water. She works, so alms is not her concern. Feeding is not even her problem. Her major concerns are access to her son, accommodation and a platform to work as a stylist. She uses all the money she makes to feed herself. The picture below, the children church of Gospel faith Mission, which is not under lock and key is where she passes her night most of the time. According to her she checks in there around 10 to 11pm, and leaves the premises to the canal around 5am to take her bathe before anybody gets there. Everything she said was verified before posting on Nairaland. At the church there were church members cleaning the environment, when we went there to take pictures. I only raised alarm because of the risk of sleeping in unsecured premises, and the emotional stress of being separated from her only son. And these are weighty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by ifyalways(f): 1:39pm On May 07, 2016
Silvofitz:

Well, I just wonder what such lie would pay anyone. For a young woman to allow her pictures on a forum like this, it must be a serious matter. For those who care to help, this woman as we speak, is in a restaurant at Gate, Ibadan selling pure water. She works, so alms is not her concern. Feeding is not even her problem. Her major concerns are access to her son, accommodation and a platform to work as a stylist. She uses all the money she makes to feed herself. The picture below, the children church of Gospel faith Mission, which is not under lock and key is where she passes her night most of the time. According to her she checks in there around 10 to 11pm, and leaves the premises to the canal around 5am to take her bathe before anybody gets there. Everything she said was verified before posting on Nairaland. At the church there were church members cleaning the environment, when we went there to take pictures. I only raised alarm because of the risk of sleeping in unsecured premises, and the emotional stress of being separated from her only son. And these are weighty.

Dunno why you have to quote me and not folks that actually believed your story.

Now, you are being a bit honest, me likey. I'm not fooled by stories nor allow sentiments overshadow my sense of what's obtainable on ground, Nay.

Ok, we've established that she does not sleep on the streets, that's good.

No point garnishing your story with half truths and lies. Anyways, over to NLD. I've made my point which is : Nigerians offline are not mean people; we look out for our neighbors and there's no way this woman would be sleeping on the streets, assuming any part of this story is true cos getting a Camera phone to take pictures and give it a story is nothing.

15 Likes

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 07, 2016
cococandy:

That's why nairaland men hate 'the west'. angry
Because you can't get away with such rubbish here hence the west is the devil's abode where the men are being emasculated for not being allowed to have authority over their wives as they would a lowly slave.

Instead of hating, they should put more energy into developing their own countries.

Let me stop here. It's a beautiful day! wink
Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 07, 2016
Kimoni:
Slivovitz - You are close to her and the environment she is in. Pls put heads together with her and itemize what she desires, how she hopes to achieve them and where exactly she needs people to come in. She cannot think of keeping the baby right now because she has neither a job nor home to take him to.

Pls be ready to substiante your claims when asked to do so.
I wish the interview video could be uploaded. However, Her areas of needs are:
1. Unhindered access to her son, without any form of molestation or intimidation. She's emotionally down because of lack of access to her son.
2. Accommodation: sleeping in unsecured places could endanger her life.
3. Getting a place to work as a stylist. She presently sells pure water somewhere. So feeding per se, is not her problem.
Note: to substantiate claims: she has a phone number where she could be reached. And asides that, she could be produced at Yemetu Police Station, the nearest Police Station to her environment, or Gate Police Station, Ibadan, which is closer to the restaurant where she sells pure water, for interview under caution. As long as the help is genuine, one could meet her one-on-one. And she's ready to take anyone to the husband house.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Gboliwe: 1:51pm On May 07, 2016
I have been at the saloon since morning, I haven't had breakfast sef, I have fought with the stylist over everything and anything. Her crime? She refused to loc my hair at the price I did last year. She has increased to almost double so I am angry with her. If I knew where to do my hair cheaper, I won't be like this.

If Ms Tope is a trained stylist, she should get busy with her hands. She doesn't even need a shop to braid hair in. All she needs is a small chair, comb and one sharpened chewing stick chikena. Selling pure water isn't as profitable.

I believe her story but she is not doing the right thing by selling purewater when she is a trained stylist and opportunities for them abound even if it's just in weaving hair

9 Likes

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 07, 2016
ifyalways:

Dunno why you have to quote me and not folks that actually believed your story.

Now, you are being a bit honest, me likey. I'm not fooled by stories nor allow sentiments overshadow my sense of what's obtainable on ground, Nay.

Ok, we've established that she does not sleep on the streets, that's good.

No point garnishing your story with half truths and lies. Anyways, over to NLD. I've made my point which is : Nigerians offline are not mean people; we look out for our neighbors and there's no way this woman would be sleeping on the streets, assuming any part of this story is true.

I think it depends on where an individual is coming from. To me the street includes any unsecured premises: open schools, markets, churches, under the bridge, etc. The street does not exclusively refer to roadside. As long as one's safety is not guaranteed, that's the street.

14 Likes

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by InformedLola(f): 3:23pm On May 07, 2016
Silvofitz:

I wish the interview video could be uploaded. However, Her areas of needs are:
1. Unhindered access to her son, without any form of molestation or intimidation. She's emotionally down because of lack of access to her son.
2. Accommodation: sleeping in unsecured places could endanger her life.
3. Getting a place to work as a stylist. She presently sells pure water somewhere. So feeding per se, is not her problem.
Note: to substantiate claims: she has a phone number where she could be reached. And asides that, she could be produced at Yemetu Police Station, the nearest Police Station to her environment, or Gate Police Station, Ibadan, which is closer to the restaurant where she sells pure water, for interview under caution. As long as the help is genuine, one could meet her one-on-one. And she's ready to take anyone to the husband house.

On access to her son, the best way you can help is contact welfare to intervene in the matter. You can also call DSVRT on 112 or 08137960048; they provide help for domestic violence victims. And this is a case of domestic violence in a way.

on accommodation, I think it will be easier if you tell people how they can help monetarily by getting the price of a very modest one room apartment than just asking that we help her with accommodation.

Please advise her also to find a salon where she can work. There are many salons around that need helpers, manyyyyy. And some are even open to people sleeping in there.

Thanks for helping another human in distress.

11 Likes

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Kimoni: 3:54pm On May 07, 2016
@ Tearoses is the Yeye Oba of Ibadan wink kiss - she might be able to offer some advice or help.

Like Gboliwe said, can't she get a small stool to start making people's hair?
That would depend on what are skills are though. They are not all gifted equally.

2 Likes

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 07, 2016
InformedLola:

On access to her son, the best way you can help is contact welfare to intervene in the matter. You can also call DSVRT on 112 or 08137960048; they provide help for domestic violence victims. And this is a case of domestic violence in a way.

on accommodation, I think it will be easier if you tell people how they can help monetarily by getting the price of a very modest one room apartment than just asking that we help her with accommodation.

Please advise her also to find a salon where she can work. There are many salons around that need helpers, manyyyyy. And some are even open to people sleeping in there.

Thanks for helping another human in distress.

[quote author=InformedLola post=45401129]
@InformedLola, thanks for your info. I have just called the line,08137960048, you gave, and the respondent said its a Lagos state owned facility, and that it could only take care of Lagos state residents. However, he has promised to help get a contact in Ibadan that could handle her case. I await his call. Presumably, that should take care of the issue of access to her son.
On accommodation, one could get a modest single room apartment for as low as #18,000 (eighteen thousand naira only) in that part of Ibadan .
As soon as the issue of accommodation is sorted out, getting a salon to attach with shouldn't be a problem

4 Likes

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by cococandy(f): 7:32pm On May 07, 2016
Well...
ifyalways:

Can fend for self
Is not pregnant
Have no baby
Is not sick

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by cococandy(f): 7:44pm On May 07, 2016
A very beautiful day smiley
Mindfulness:

Instead of hating, they should put more energy into developing their own countries.

Let me stop here. It's a beautiful day! wink

1 Like

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by mumtriplet2: 9:02pm On May 07, 2016
it well
Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by diportivo: 9:14pm On May 07, 2016
If it were lagos state,the ministry of women affairs...specifically the women affaira dept wldv taken up her case....ofcos the husband for hear am

I dont kw if such exists in oyo state,but i wld start from there if i really wantto help her

1 Like

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 07, 2016
Kimoni:
@ Tearoses is the Yeye Oba of Ibadan wink kiss - she might be able to offer some advice or help.

Like Gboliwe said, can't she get a small stool to start making people's hair?
That would depend on what are skills are though. They are not all gifted equally.
Do you have the contact of the Yeye Oba of Ibadan ?
Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Pidggin(f): 11:01pm On May 07, 2016
ifyalways:

Can fend for self
Is not pregnant
Have no baby
Is not sick

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Nobody: 9:11am On May 08, 2016
LOL Kimoni

The problem that happens here time and time again is that people don't say it exactly how it is from the onset.
I don't know whether its an oversight or just to make the story more emotional, but the issue is that people have been scammed numerously on this forum and people are more sceptical and ask more questions. People have learnt the hard way.

Just be honest with the truth from the onset and it saves all this back and forth. If she wasn't sleeping on the streets then don't say she was. When the first post said sleeping in the streets, my mind went to someone sleeping on cardboard on the side of the road.

Anyway regards this issue, my advise is that who ever is helping her is to go and find a room first.
Find out how much the rent is and also how much it will cost her to rent a small open space under a tree near her home so that she can use that as a make shift salon until she gets herself organised.
Get that information together and lets start with that

Then the issue of getting her kid back can be sorted out cos even if govt agencies get involved to get her son back, she has no where to house him or no way of looking after him.
The earlier she settles and gets her life back, the better for both mum and the kid.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ / What Cartoon Network Has Done To Our Kids! / Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.