Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

The Criminals At Airtel! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Criminals At Airtel! (1608 Views)

Airtel Are Criminals Taking From Where They Didn't Sow. / How Do I Speak To Someone At Airtel? / Another Look At Airtel Double Data Offer ( 3 GB , 7GB & 18 GB ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Criminals At Airtel! by Naijji: 9:00am On May 07, 2016
Many people now know of the change in Airtel time-based night data plans. But many people still do not know that thousands of Nigerians were ripped off on Thursday night/Friday morning. Many people, including myself and two of my friends dialled the code for the night plans, and were instantly defrauded. In my case I didn't even notice until well into Friday when I wanted to make a call.

To put it simply, I subscribed for the 3 hours plan on Wednesday, I was charged N200. I subscribed for the same plan on Thursday, I was charged N1,000! Same code! No warning from Airtel.

If they wanted to change the tariff, they should have at least, enabled a pop up to inform customers of the new price at the point of subscription. Even better, they should have altered the code. They did none of this, but gladly took the money of unsuspecting Nigerians.

Please, if you were also affected, or know someone who was, share your experience here. Let's make sure they don't get away with this theft.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Criminals At Airtel! by maxti: 9:01am On May 07, 2016
It's so so wrong. " terms and conditions apply"
Re: The Criminals At Airtel! by Naijji: 9:02am On May 07, 2016
Ok. I now know of at least 5 people who were also affected. Just drop your comments here. Someone is talking of starting a twitter campaign also.
Re: The Criminals At Airtel! by emyyd: 9:33am On May 07, 2016
Yes oh. Happened to me too. They didn't even update the *481# menu.

I dialled *481#
I was shown something like:
Press 1 for 1 hour at N100
Press 2 for 3 hours at N200

I pressed 2, dem collect 1k!

2 Likes

Re: The Criminals At Airtel! by emyyd: 9:35am On May 07, 2016
Ha! I just checked now, they're still showing N200 for 3 hours unlimited plan. This is fraud. Anyone can check with *481#

1 Like

Re: The Criminals At Airtel! by Naijji: 9:43am On May 07, 2016
emyyd:
Ha! I just checked now, they're still showing N200 for 3 hours unlimited plan. This is fraud. Anyone can check with *481#

Haba. The thing still dey show 2h for 3 hours. Na scam be this na. Is Lalasticlala an Airtel customer? sad

1 Like

Re: The Criminals At Airtel! by kiddoiLL(m): 9:46am On May 07, 2016
lol..this is Nigeria..there is nothing any of you can do about it,they've been scamming us since forever
Re: The Criminals At Airtel! by Naijji: 10:10am On May 07, 2016
kiddoiLL:
lol..this is Nigeria..there is nothing any of you can do about it,they've been scamming us since forever

Wetin be that NCC number abeg
Re: The Criminals At Airtel! by Noneroone(m): 10:39am On May 07, 2016
Lalasticlala move this to frontpage!
Airtel's action is criminal

2 Likes

Re: The Criminals At Airtel! by Anney272(m): 10:57am On May 07, 2016
Airte

1 Like

Re: The Criminals At Airtel! by KnightsTemplar(m): 11:06am On May 07, 2016
This is pathetic, I am so with at these guy. What a daylight robbery, their USSD display is still showing 200bucks for 3hrs, what nonsense. The st00pid NCC that ought to protect consumers and seek redress will turn a blind eye to this. If it is to for fine MTN billions of Naira, for common SIM registration, they would do that one sharp sharp. NCC should Ban Airtel from operation, and even invite EFCC, this is financial crime, calculate the amount of 1k they made legally with this period, #Bastards!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Criminals At Airtel! by kvnqDavie: 11:07am On May 07, 2016
Same here..
Wasn't aware of all that was happening..subscribed and I was billed a thousand bucks!!

Same thing they did to their airtel smart talk plan;changed call tariff without informing the public

2 Likes

Re: The Criminals At Airtel! by Namzy(m): 11:09am On May 07, 2016
I concur
Re: The Criminals At Airtel! by Naijji: 11:35am On May 07, 2016
I just called an NCC rep now, and the semi-literate lady was asking me what I want to be done about the issue. She said it's btw me and Airtel.

This is a clear case of false advertising.

Press 2 for 3 hours unlimited plan @2h.
You press 2, then you're charged 1k!

If this is not fraud, I don't know what is

3 Likes

Re: The Criminals At Airtel! by Naijji: 11:36am On May 07, 2016
Noneroone:
Lalasticlala move this to frontpage!

Airtel's action is criminal

Oya oh. Let Nigerians know oh. Many are still falling victim now.
Re: The Criminals At Airtel! by Oahray: 4:02pm On May 07, 2016
Naijji:
I just called an NCC rep now, and the semi-literate lady was asking me what I want to be done about the issue. She said it's btw me and Airtel.

This is a clear case of false advertising.

Press 2 for 3 hours unlimited plan @2h.
You press 2, then you're charged 1k!

If this is not fraud, I don't know what is
can you imagine? NCC is the big reason these mobile operators keeps shortchanging Nigerians with confidence.

When this results in public outrage, they would pretend to be doing something about it; probably one useless fine that does no real justice to the aggrieved.
Re: The Criminals At Airtel! by prinsam30: 7:02pm On May 07, 2016
I don't even know what to say, cos there are lots of downloads I want to do but now I can't.

if I may ask, why signing the budget now

because of this budget, MTN changed plans and now Airtel changing plan to disorganize guys, God dey sha

1 Like

Re: The Criminals At Airtel! by obosirow: 7:21pm On May 07, 2016
This is called rip off by Airtel.
My case was that of one guy from their end calling me in the day to inform me that airtel will 'steal' My N700 credit and give me a nonsense 'gift' of N3000 to call all networks including US, UK and Canada. He never told me that my data service (full bundle) will run on this YEYE gift of N3000; he was only emphasizing on the international call ability of the yeye N3000.
Ignorant, I subscribe for their 2hr night plan, left it and slept. Woke up the following morning and gbam, my 'N3000' gone.
I called the first cc, one yeye guy; he was talking nonsense; to worsen the situation, he dropped the call even when my matter want resolved.
I called again and one girl answered telling me that nothing can be done that my money has entered voice mail. I just warned her to inform her people never to call my number for any of their nonsense promotions.
It's unfortunate that NCC will be asking a complainant what he wants them to do when this is a clear case of Fraud, Deceit, Lie, Falsehood, Corruption. EFCC should jump in and investigate them. Robbing Nigerians of their money.
Airtel, abi na HellTell.

1 Like

Re: The Criminals At Airtel! by pastorwindapo: 7:30pm On May 07, 2016
People complaining about this data plan and their being over charged should find out from the customer service or go to any of the Airtel offices to know what is really happening. This may be scam, so that they may take necessary action to stop it. Now that Airtel internet browsing is getting better anything can happen.
Re: The Criminals At Airtel! by obosirow: 7:44pm On May 07, 2016
They know about it. It's been their way. They have no respect for Nigerians cos they belive nothing will happen and we have no choice. NCC also corroborates this reasoning cos they are a toothless bulldog.
It's this forum that we can express or grievance and let the world know that these companies have no reputation as they claim to.
HellTell is a rip off company and so is Empty Hen. Etisalat seems to have a human face and have one of the best customer service in Nigeria.
NCC is no better than SON. Toothless bulldogs!

1 Like

Re: The Criminals At Airtel! by grizzz(m): 7:58pm On May 07, 2016
We should make d campaign volatile on twitter using #HellTell #Airtelripoff as hash tags cos it is simply not right to steal our money

1 Like

Re: The Criminals At Airtel! by obosirow: 8:52pm On May 07, 2016
Raise dust!

1 Like

Re: The Criminals At Airtel! by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 07, 2016
They did the same thing to me unfortunately.

I dialled *141# and the menu said 1hr night browsing is 180naira. I selected one hour only for them to wipe my 500 naira off without warning,
Airtel really made money that night from their scam.

1 Like

Re: The Criminals At Airtel! by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:55pm On May 07, 2016
That kind thing no fit happen to me cus i dont recharge more than 200 naira except when I want to do the monthly subscription. Old price still showing. Screenshot below

Re: The Criminals At Airtel! by Nsonaso(m): 10:55pm On May 07, 2016
emyyd:
Yes oh. Happened to me too. They didn't even update the *481# menu.

I dialled *481#
I was shown something like:
Press 1 for 1 hour at N100
Press 2 for 3 hours at N200

I pressed 2, dem collect 1k!
Go to their twitter page reply airtel are thieves, scammers, 419s refund my money... There will answer in minutes

1 Like

Re: The Criminals At Airtel! by Naijji: 11:33pm On May 07, 2016
obosirow:
This is called rip off by Airtel.
My case was that of one guy from their end calling me in the day to inform me that airtel will 'steal' My N700 credit and give me a nonsense 'gift' of N3000 to call all networks including US, UK and Canada. He never told me that my data service (full bundle) will run on this YEYE gift of N3000; he was only emphasizing on the international call ability of the yeye N3000.
Ignorant, I subscribe for their 2hr night plan, left it and slept. Woke up the following morning and gbam, my 'N3000' gone.
I called the first cc, one yeye guy; he was talking nonsense; to worsen the situation, he dropped the call even when my matter want resolved.
I called again and one girl answered telling me that nothing can be done that my money has entered voice mail. I just warned her to inform her people never to call my number for any of their nonsense promotions.
It's unfortunate that NCC will be asking a complainant what he wants them to do when this is a clear case of Fraud, Deceit, Lie, Falsehood, Corruption. EFCC should jump in and investigate them. Robbing Nigerians of their money.
Airtel, abi na HellTell.

Those cc guys are quite fond of this. Once things become difficult for them, they drop your call. Nonsense
Re: The Criminals At Airtel! by Naijji: 11:37pm On May 07, 2016
sk8er:
They did the same thing to me unfortunately.

I dialled *141# and the menu said 1hr night browsing is 180naira. I selected one hour only for them to wipe my 500 naira off without warning,
Airtel really made money that night from their scam.

They made so much money oh.

And the problem is that some ppl are still unaware of the new prices. In my case, I didn't even bother to check my credit balance that night. Not until the next morning when I wanted to make call did I notice.

Had no idea of the price change so I called cc. Was informed that I was charged 1k for the plan, and I was like whaaaaat?

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Samsung Galaxy S8 To Have 2 Back Cameras? / How To Enjoy Free Whatsapp On 9mobile Via Office VPN / Leagoo Shark1 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.