Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,037 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Give Me Your Honest Review On My Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Give Me Your Honest Review On My Site (600 Views)

Webmasters I Need Your Honest Review On My News Blog / I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger / How Do I Boost My Site Loading Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Give Me Your Honest Review On My Site by maxdozie(m): 12:17pm On May 07, 2016
I was previously on Blogger untill i decided to move to wordpress cause i felt it has alot of advantages to blogger..
It hasnt been a smooth road for me migrating to wordpress , I was a Complete Novice at first but now i can boost of few little knowledge on wordpress..

Bought premium plugins and Theme and i got my wordpress site running smooth ...

But i need your honest review about it ...
www.oneinfoplus.com
www.oneinfoplus.com.ng

Some of my articles dont have featured images, thats because i imported my bloggrr article to wordpress..
Please Give me a Review of my site
Re: Give Me Your Honest Review On My Site by hostkobo(m): 1:00pm On May 07, 2016
maxdozie:
I was previously on Blogger untill i decided to move to wordpress cause i felt it has alot of advantages to blogger..
It hasnt been a smooth road for me migrating to wordpress , I was a Complete Novice at first but now i can boost of few little knowledge on wordpress..

Bought premium plugins and Theme and i got my wordpress site running smooth ...

But i need your honest review about it ...
www.oneinfoplus.com
www.oneinfoplus.com.ng

Some of my articles dont have featured images, thats because i imported my bloggrr article to wordpress..
Please Give me a Review of my site

www.oneinfoplus.com

1) what happened to your sidebar - why is there a big white space even on post-pages

2) there is also a huge white space at the top, before the border of the site

3) your menu: should be 'Home', then others

4) do you really need to insert an advert inside the privacy policy page? thats a nobrainer

5) there are rules for publishing on the web and when you break those rules, your publications are as good as trash (no pun intended).

Here is an example: this post: http://www.oneinfoplus.com.ng/2016/04/29/oba-of-benin-erediauwa-akpolokpolo-i-dies-of-unknown-illness/

for example: you inserted 1-huge advert at the top of your post and another one at the end. The post itself still has an inset image. The advert is even bigger than the inset image.

Conclusion: INFORMATION RIOT: there are too many distractions on the page itself, I dont know, I cant see where the real piece of quality information is. Worse then your post is only a 1-liner. Thats another nobrainer. The adverts and images drown out the real information.

Your adverts are not supposed to distract people from reading available information. If you publish long posts with a couple of paragraps / sections with about 5-6lines each, then you can throw in an image or 2 only or 1-advert inside; not multiple adverts.

regards,
HK
Re: Give Me Your Honest Review On My Site by maxdozie(m): 2:39pm On May 07, 2016
hostkobo

1) what happened to your sidebar - why is there a big white space even on post-pages

I had two sidebars on, the 2nd 1 was empty thats the reason why you saw an empty space but it has been removed

Yes i was soposed to add a social icon up their but its removed noe

I totally forgot, it has been rearranged

4) do you really need to insert an advert inside the privacy policy page? thats a nobrainer

No, it has been removd

5) there are rules for publishing on the web and when you break those rules, your publications are as good as trash (no pun intended).

resolved ...removed all adds and added a little banner ads on paragraph 3 line

Please check it up again...
More of your insight would be needed..
Re: Give Me Your Honest Review On My Site by hostkobo(m): 2:42pm On May 09, 2016
maxdozie:

I had two sidebars on, the 2nd 1 was empty thats the reason why you saw an empty space but it has been removed

Yes i was soposed to add a social icon up their but its removed noe

I totally forgot, it has been rearranged

No, it has been removd

resolved ...removed all adds and added a little banner ads on paragraph 3 line

Please check it up again...
More of your insight would be needed..

Hi there,

The site is much more better now.

1) socials, ex: facebook: create a facebook page for the site, so that your facebook icon links to the fb page for the site and not your own personal fb page. The same applies to your other social accounts used on the site.

..... at the end of the day, you want the site to have its own identity.

2) can you make the background of the site a little darker, so the contrast will be more between the almost white backdrop and the white site background.

3) add a contact form

4) add a disclaimer page

regards
HK

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Buy Domain / Propellerads(my Own Experience) | A Perfect Google Alternative / Help! How to integrate Pay With Phone Credit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.