Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk (22836 Views)

3050MW Mambilla Hydropower Project Set To Start / 3050mw Mambila Hydro-Power Project At Gembu In Taraba Set To Take Off / Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by kayfra: 5:55pm On May 07, 2016
The federal government has commenced discussions with the Taraba State Governor, Mr Dickson Ishaku to construct a 3050megawatts (mw) Mambilla Hydropower Plant in the state, Power Minister, Babatunde Fashola has announced.

“We have opened discussions with the Governor of Taraba State, Governor Dickson Ishaku, who incidentally was once a minister of state for power," he said.

“The first thing to do is to acquire the land and deal with compensation issues, which the governor has promised to deal with.”

He said the project would be “the single largest power plant with over 3,000mw in one place and it potentially takes us close to steady power" if built.

“The feasibility study has been done and so too the environmental impact assessment. We move one day at a time closer to starting Mambilla," he added.

The project has been valued at $5.732billion (about N1.140trillion) with the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contract proposed for two Chinese companies, Gezhouba Construction Group Corporation (CGGC), and the Sinohydro Corporation.

An official said the project would take 63 months to complete and be handed over to the federal government.

Nigeria is expected to contribute 25 per cent of the project’s fund while the China Export Import Bank provides 75 per cent.

www-nigerianbulletin-com-threads-fashola-opens-talks-on-construction-of-3050mw-power-plant-in-taraba-210850

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by oduastates: 5:57pm On May 07, 2016
Step in the right direction.
No more gas plants until other sources of gas are tapped.
All those gas Wells in the benue and Niger basin,that the government sealed off in the 70's,should be brought back to play.
Fashola said that Nigerian windspeed is not strong enough for win power. Maybe in Nigeria. Definitely not in yorubaland
Has he been to badagry?
Like 100 meters to the shoreline.
I've been close enough to windmills in Netherlands, United Kingdom and America. The windspeed in those locations have nothing on badagry.
Potential sites for hydro power in yorubaland.some are small and some are massive. They can supply between 10MW and 1000MW each. Supply the energy generated to local communities and feed the excess into the grid. Hopefully an autonomous or independent yoruba grid and country.

Some (not all of the potential hydro)

Eriwe Fish Farm Reservoir
Farm Complex Reservoir
Oyan River Dam
Texagari Dam
Awara Dam
Egbe Dam
Ero Dam
Erusu Dam
Ogbese Dam
Owena Dam
Asejire Reservoir
Ede/Oshogbo Reservoir
Eko-Ende Reservoir
Erelu Reservoir
Eruwa Reservoir
Esa-Odo Reservoir
Eni-Osa Ojoo Dam
I.I.T.A. Reservoir
Model Fish Farm Reservoir
Ogbomoso Reservoir
Ogunpa Reservoir
Otiki Reservoir
Shaki Dam
Jebba dam

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by ALISMILE(m): 6:01pm On May 07, 2016
This govt is wise in taking steps to gradually move away from oil dependence! It will get to a stage our oil in d ND will no longer be relevant!

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by UAE123(m): 6:03pm On May 07, 2016
I seriously appreciate the federal government on this move and they should immediately award d contract because I am tired of the unstable power supply with high billing.

25 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by daniska3yaro(m): 6:04pm On May 07, 2016
Taraba hmm
Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by maryam6(f): 6:05pm On May 07, 2016
Nice one

4 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by kcnwaigbo: 6:05pm On May 07, 2016
ALISMILE:
This govt is wise in taking steps to gradually move away from oil dependence! It will get to a stage our in d ND will no longer be relevant!

Lolz will the hydro power plant also provide enough forex and revenue for you to run the country?

12 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 07, 2016
One quote says
The project is going to take 63 months to complete

Thats roughly 2,190 days
Or more importantly 52,560 hrs
One could even say 3,153,600 minute
Perhaps it could also be 189,216,000 seconds

Start counting.

20 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by ALISMILE(m): 6:10pm On May 07, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Lolz will the hydro power plant also provide enough forex and revenue for you to run the country?
That why I said steps! Note the plurality! Tthe govt is serious about diversifying the economy! Its gonna take time! But I believe the govt can do it! The unpredictability of oil prices and the unprovoked militant activities re already enough motivation for the govt!

29 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 07, 2016
We've been hearing this since 1975. No need to still be excited. Lubbish

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by Keshkele: 6:21pm On May 07, 2016
APC is running out of time to fix this country

5 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by Akby(m): 6:22pm On May 07, 2016
Fashola is working

7 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by micktoxin(m): 6:23pm On May 07, 2016
This isn't enough to power a fully industrialised Lagos let alone a whole country. This is a good step nevertheless.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by Ajibel(m): 6:23pm On May 07, 2016
I like the idea of this government to build power generating infrastructures in areas that have competitive advantage of the required natural resources to generate power. That way, there wont be need of these long transmission lines that are always vulnerable to be vandalized.

And then, no one can hold the country afterwards by destroying gas pipes that supply gas to power infrastructures, because if they do, it'll only affect their area.

But then, it'll take up to 5 years to complete shocked

Nigeria's Electricity Challenge: A Roadmap For Change: http://www.tundefashola.com/archives/news/2016/05/05/20160505N01.html

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by Amberon: 6:23pm On May 07, 2016
yep
Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by UjGina: 6:24pm On May 07, 2016
63 months indeed!Another white elephant project to settle cronies.

7 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by WASMOG(m): 6:24pm On May 07, 2016
ok
Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 07, 2016
I lost interest in the Project after reading it will take up to 63 Months!
When am I gonna enjoy steady power supply for God's sake?!
Seems the News is a rumor!
Still liking PMB and his polices though!
undecided

12 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by Decibel: 6:24pm On May 07, 2016
Coming from the Minister of darkness, clowns everywhere grin

10 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by Deen77: 6:25pm On May 07, 2016
Keshkele:
APC is running out of time to fix this country

If you wait for 16 years of PDP, wait for APC 4 years.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by Firefire(m): 6:26pm On May 07, 2016
Well done to FG, let apply speed.

3 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by cold(m): 6:27pm On May 07, 2016
Ok let's just say i'm in a light mood right now so would restrain myself and watch this space...
Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by Deen77: 6:27pm On May 07, 2016
adeyemi2015:
undecided

That is why PDP failed for 16 years, major project take years, power plant and refinery.

15 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by Febilish(m): 6:27pm On May 07, 2016
Hopefully there would be tangible action to follow.
Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by bettercreature(m): 6:27pm On May 07, 2016
This silllly people should build one power plant in ibadan,lagos or ondo state,those 3 states are the safest and most stable states
Lagos and ondo are now producing oil so their is going to be enough gas to fuel the plants
I don't trust the north or those region called south south/east part of Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by Skykid1208(m): 6:28pm On May 07, 2016
It's gonna take 5 years 3 months from start to finish??
That means another tenure for APC led government!!! undecided

Nice on though

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 07, 2016
Ishaku talk to your boys
Mama Taraba pls talk to the girls and mothers
Fashola talk to Adeosun for cash
Chinese can you scale up the MW to 10,000 undecided

3 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by gunuvi(m): 6:28pm On May 07, 2016
any sensible government should be able to fix power problems in 6 months...fashola, 2015

mambilla powerplant alone will be completed in 63 months....fashola, 2016

8 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by donfranklin(m): 6:29pm On May 07, 2016
Ok
Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by teehay45(m): 6:29pm On May 07, 2016
Steps in the right direction
If completed it will reduce the dependence on the gas stations

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk by malton: 6:29pm On May 07, 2016
adeyemi2015:
undecided

Building of power plants isn't child's play.

It takes time, resources and commitment. The Three Gorges Dam in China took 15 years and 25 billion pounds to build to completion.

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019 Elections: Why INEC Boss, Mahmood Yakubu Should Be Prosecuted - HURIWA / Akpabio: FG Doesn’t Even Know What To Charge Emefiele With / Ondo PDP Suspends 22 Members For Anti-party Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.