Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Lessons From A Moment Of Seriousness - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Lessons From A Moment Of Seriousness (431 Views)

Lessons From The Explanation Of Riyaadus Saaliheen Made By Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen / 5 Great Lessons We Can Learn From Surah Al-Yusuf / 3 Lessons From The Just Concluded Ramadan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lessons From A Moment Of Seriousness by Newnas(m): 10:54pm On May 07, 2016
بسم الله و الحمد لله و الصلاة والسلام على رسول الله

This morning, I was feeling very sick and weak, I couldn't recite Quran or pick a book. As I lay helplessly in bed, I thought of a way to squeeze out some benefits from my time.
Allah guided me to think of watching some of the video clips I have of Sheikh Mashoor Hasan al-Salman and Sheikh Solih Fawzaan (may Allah preserve them both).
I benefitted a lot from this and decided to share some of the benefits here.

# The common act of dumping old parents in 'facilities for the aged' is completely anti Islam. How would you feel if your children dumped you in a 'facility' in your old age? Imagine your anger and resentment towards that child. Why do you do to others what you dislike to be done for you? -Sheikh Fawzaan

# Q: what age should the children be taught solah
A: The usual age of tamyeez (grasping/intelligence/understanding) among children is seven but among exceptionally brilliant children is five. Muhammad bn Labeeb said "I comprehended a splash of water that the Messenger of Allah alyhissolaat wassalaam spat on my face, and I was five then" (Bukharee) - Sheikh Mashoor

# The wise one is the one who takes heed from the mistake of others. The one who is sane will at least take heed from his own mistake -Sheikh Mashoor.
So the one who neither takes heed from his mistake or the mistake of others can be said to be deprived of intellect.

# one who combines Solah without a valid reason in the Sharia such as rain, fear, travel etc then his Solah is invalid. -Sheikh Fawzaan

# The one who is able to make sujood but is not able to stand for Solah shouldn't pray on the chair because that way he wouldn't be able to make sujood which is a pillar of Solah therefore making his Solah void rather he should pray on the floor. -Sheikh Mashoor

# Being patient on the injustice of the leaders is less evil than rebelling against them because of the hadith of Anas in Bukharee that some people complained about Hajjaaj bn Yusuf (a tyrant ruler) to Anas and he commanded them to be patient. -Sheikh Solih Fawzaan

# Make dawah to your brothers who are dressing inappropriately and leaving solah. Don't put yourself in the fitnah of calling women. The greatest fitnah (trial) of men is women and the greatest fitnah of women is men. Blocking evil is given preference over drawing good -Sheikh Mashoor

# If you wish to propose to a woman, ask for her beauty first not uprightness because if you ask for her uprightness first and you are satisfied but you later reject her for her beauty you would have fallen into sin. But if you ask for beauty first then you won't commit the sin of dumping a righteous woman because of her beauty. Same thing applies to the women -Sheikh Mashoor

# The one who doesn't have a good relationship with his family is not worth your companionship. The messenger of Allah alyhissolaat wassalaam said the best of you are the best of you to his family (or spouse). -Sheikh Mashoor

# The Messenger of Allah alyhissolaat wassalaam loved Aishah for her intelligence. She had a deep knowledge of lineage which no one else had, and she learnt it from her father. -Sheikh Mashoor

# The salaf used to detest unrealistic questions. Questions intended to cause distress and to confuse the answerer. -Sheikh Mashoor

# You don't need to dedicate any act of worship to your dead parents. They will be rewarded for any righteous deed you do already. -Sheikh Mashoor

#Dealings of trading are usually based on covetousness but dealings of marriage are usually based on pardoning/condonment. -Sheikh Mashoor.

These are just a bit of the benefits I derived. I ask Allah to make it beneficial to the writer and readers in this world and the hereafter.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lessons From A Moment Of Seriousness by remkul: 3:22pm On May 08, 2016
Amin, jazakallahu khairan
Re: Lessons From A Moment Of Seriousness by Newnas(m): 8:59pm On May 08, 2016
remkul:
Amin, jazakallahu khairan
Aameen wa iyyaak

(1) (Reply)

Does God Accept Prayers??? / Id El Kabir- How Many Baba Don Buy Cow For Your Street? / Greater And Lesser Jihaad – Jihaad Al-nafs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.