Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9277104 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (9321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nadalion: 9:47pm On Mar 02, 2017
shocked shocked shocked And i just ordered the note 4X. Hope touching it alone won't cause my phone to brick?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by itunity007(m): 9:54pm On Mar 02, 2017
Me self just order note 4
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:58pm On Mar 02, 2017
Hahahahahahahaha, see fear, wetin make una dey fear? Bricking? grin.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:58pm On Mar 02, 2017
vintino:

Hmmmm, MTK, was chatting and it went off n has since den refuse to open his eyes... I don post about am b4 here.
Have you tried to unbrick it before?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 9:59pm On Mar 02, 2017
nadalion:
shocked shocked shocked And i just ordered the note 4X. Hope touching it alone won't cause my phone to brick?
lols, fones re mass produced, stability n reliability test cnt b performed on every units produced, that is why we have failure rate....dnt b scared, thinz like dz happen to all phones, lemme say electronics generally, that is why there is WARRANTY, Even samsung n apple fones re nt exempted.. be rest assured all z well
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 10:01pm On Mar 02, 2017
Gptech:

Have you tried to unbrick it before?
u dnt get, this z a hardbrick, it has to reach a service centre, if it were soft brink, flashing a faatboot rom will solve it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:01pm On Mar 02, 2017
Razael23:

pls how long does it take Dreami store to ship items, 'cuz i ordered a Mi Max from them yesterday morning and they are yet to ship it. and i noticed my bank is till to even debit me fully, the fund is still reflecting on my account but its seems untouchable tho.
They normally take like within 2 days to ship, but since the Chinese new year, they have been slow, maybe they still have a lot of goods to offload or the demand is now higher than before,but you don't have to worry, you will get your parcel in 3 weeks max.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:08pm On Mar 02, 2017
gidieberry:
u dnt get, this z a hardbrick, it has to reach a service centre, if it were soft brink, flashing a faatboot rom will solve it
How are you sure about this?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by wheezyoung(m): 10:10pm On Mar 02, 2017
Nawa o...day two and i still haven't been refunded,aliexpress said they've refunded me that its the bank that is witholding it now sad sad
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:10pm On Mar 02, 2017
vintino:

Hmmmm, MTK, was chatting and it went off n has since den refuse to open his eyes... I don post about am b4 here.
Have you plugged to a pc to see if it recognises your phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:11pm On Mar 02, 2017
wheezyoung:
Nawa o...day two and i still haven't been refunded,aliexpress said they've refunded me that its the bank that is witholding it now sad sad
Is it about the order you canceled?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dustmalik: 10:15pm On Mar 02, 2017
nadalion:
You should have ordered for the Global variant, it supports more LTE bands.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:16pm On Mar 02, 2017
Nawa oooo, una wen dey use 'China Post Ordinary Small Packet Plus' for free shipping, make una ensure say una nr need the package soon ooo. Imagine the Xiaomi Mi Max screen protector I ordered since November 15th last year, just arrived today! And I already opened dispute and have been refunded, smh.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 10:17pm On Mar 02, 2017
Gptech:

How are you sure about this?
d fone cant enter download or recovery mode, fone cnt b charged, d fone aint recognized for mtp connection, n besides i and vintino d owner don talk sa....he himself agreed it z a hardbrick
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:18pm On Mar 02, 2017
gidieberry:
d fone cant enter download or recovery mode, fone cnt b charged, d fone aint recognized for mtp connection, n besides i and vintino d owner don talk sa....he himself agreed it z a hardbrick
Hush! Ok, let's see what can be done, what do you think?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 10:21pm On Mar 02, 2017
Gptech:

Hush! Ok, let's see what can be done, what do you think?
from a software perspective, nothing can b done.....u can only unbrick a fone that is softbrick, for a hardbrick, he has to get the done bac to d seller under the Warranty amnesty...d 2nd alternative is to get d board, n fix it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 10:24pm On Mar 02, 2017
dustmalik:

You should have ordered for the Global variant, it supports more LTE bands.
d 2 additional lte bands on d global variant z not really a compulsory, cauz glo lte band z absent on d global variant, etisalat, mtn and ntel lte service will work on d 2 bt glo lte wunt work on d 2
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Razael23(m): 10:25pm On Mar 02, 2017
Gptech:

They normally take like within 2 days to ship, but since the Chinese new year, they have been slow, maybe they still have a lot of goods to offload or the demand is now higher than before,but you don't have to worry, you will get your parcel in 3 weeks max.

bros i really cant wait to get hold of that device, i've been dreaming of it since December. i watched the price of the 32GB variant go up from 174 to 207 dollars unto say i dey try gather money and bank limit too kon join cry... i've watched and read countless review of it from gsmarena to youtube and even here on nairaland grin lol. i successfully ordered for the 64GB edition after all the wait.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:33pm On Mar 02, 2017
gidieberry:
from a software perspective, nothing can b done.....u can only unbrick a fone that is softbrick, for a hardbrick, he has to get the done bac to d seller under the Warranty amnesty...d 2nd alternative is to get d board, n fix it
Yea, just finding it hard to believe it's actually hardbricked.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:35pm On Mar 02, 2017
Razael23:

bros i really cant wait to get hold of that device, i've been dreaming of it since December. i watched the price of the 32GB variant go up from 174 to 207 dollars unto say i dey try gather money and bank limit too kon join cry... i've watched and read countless review of it from gsmarena to youtube and even here on nairaland grin lol. i successfully ordered for the 64GB edition after all the wait.
If you are referring to Mi max, then I can relate to your experience, someone I got it for actually waited for more than 6 months. I even joined in the waiting sef grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Razael23(m): 10:41pm On Mar 02, 2017
Gptech:

If you are referring to Mi max, then I can relate to your experience, someone I got it for actually waited for more than 6 months. I even joined in the waiting sef grin

did he wait for 6 months for it to be delivered? or he was busy courting the phone 6 months.. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dustmalik: 10:44pm On Mar 02, 2017
gidieberry:
d 2 additional lte bands on d global variant z not really a compulsory, cauz glo lte band z absent on d global variant, etisalat, mtn and ntel lte service will work on d 2 bt glo lte wunt work on d 2
Band 20 is a very popular lte band, with good in-building penetration and travels far. And in the nearest future, depending how it all goes, mtn might be allowed to deploy its lte over it. Smile already uses it. I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to have that. So the word compulsory in this case is subjective. I wouldn't deliberately buy a note 4x when there is another variant that supports more bands in my country, considering all other things equal.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 10:49pm On Mar 02, 2017
dustmalik:

Band 20 is a very popular lte band, with good in-building penetration and travels far. And in the nearest future, depending how it all goes, mtn might be allowed to deploy its lte over it. Smile already uses it. I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to have that. So the word compulsory in this case is subjective. I wouldn't deliberately buy a note 4x when there is another variant that supports more bands in my country, considering all other things equal.
u are right, i jus forget abou smile for a while....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:53pm On Mar 02, 2017
Razael23:

did he wait for 6 months for it to be delivered? or he was busy courting the phone 6 months.. grin
Was saving up money and at the same time watching the price.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by wheezyoung(m): 10:54pm On Mar 02, 2017
Gptech:

Is it about the order you canceled?
yes...ali said they've returned the money that its the bank withholding it now cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Razael23(m): 10:57pm On Mar 02, 2017
Gptech:

Was saving up money and at the same time watching the price.

Wow!! pls can u rate the camera from 1-10 scale
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:11pm On Mar 02, 2017
Razael23:

Wow!! pls can u rate the camera from 1-10 scale
Camera is average, just like in most redmi series, will give it 6.5/10.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:13pm On Mar 02, 2017
wheezyoung:
yes...ali said they've returned the money that its the bank withholding it now cry
Then wait a bit, your bank has to go through some procedures.
Please don't be discouraged oooo, don't mind my rating, I never rate any phone camera as good because am used to dslrs.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Harry4cas(m): 11:48pm On Mar 02, 2017
just started following the thread pls which xiaomi phone can someone get with like 30-40k ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:50pm On Mar 02, 2017
Gptech:
Nawa oooo, una wen dey use 'China Post Ordinary Small Packet Plus' for free shipping, make una ensure say una nr need the package soon ooo. Imagine the Xiaomi Mi Max screen protector I ordered since November 15th last year, just arrived today! And I already opened dispute and have been refunded, smh.

grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 12:00am On Mar 03, 2017
Harry4cas:
just started following the thread pls which xiaomi phone can someone get with like 30-40k ?

Redmi 4a 2GB ram @35,320
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cgame: 1:12am On Mar 03, 2017
Gptech:

Shebi you go put this glass for my mi max package?

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (9321) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.