Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,456 members, 7,770,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:09 AM

Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x (17316 Views)

THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 / My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by BLACKCHARGER(m): 7:03pm On Jul 05, 2017
Hello people.. so i decided to talk about the disadvantages or rather the bad side of the Xiaomi redmi note 4x. If you see most threads.. Blogs.. And websites.. They don't really tell you the bad side of this phone.. it would be almost 3 weeks of using this phone so let nobody come and tell me trash.. I once did a review of the phone earlier..

This is the link
https://www.nairaland.com/3865457/xiaomi-redmi-note-4x-review/2

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by BLACKCHARGER(m): 7:09pm On Jul 05, 2017
NUMBER 1
This phone has no friction.. Will i say friction.. I think grip would be better.. it is tooooo smooth.. like especially if it rains nd you dont hold the phone well.. It will just slide off from ur hand as if your hand na water.
I remember once when the phone felt cold on my hand.... I was cold too ... i held this phone.. The next thing.. Phone don slip fall for bed ..now i know why infinix hot 4 lite has all those designs at the back to give it grip.. this phone is gripless especially when there is cold.
The worst is if you are wet.. i repeat do not hold dis phone with wet hand.. If ur babe like make e send u 2 million messages.. clean ur hand first oh.. Ah don teh u

While some people might not really see it as a disadvantage.. It's just better if u know what the phone you want to order will be like.

10 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by BLACKCHARGER(m): 7:14pm On Jul 05, 2017
NUMBER 2
The audio output when doing a video is not bad oh.. But not the best v seen.. if i talk to someone normally with normal speaking voice. if i am double arms length away from u recording u. i won't hear u well after the recording... its just dissapointing tho.

But when playing music.. e dey finish work... e too sweet.. e go dey do u make u play music till u die.. the audio problem thing is just for videos produced through the phone
Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by BLACKCHARGER(m): 7:20pm On Jul 05, 2017
NUMBER 3
The funny thing is that some people dont know that this phone has a hybrid sim slot.. meaning.. U can either put 1 micro Sim card and one memory card or 1 micro sim card and 1 nano sim..
I don't usually fill up my phone with movies and the rest so the 32gb internal storage is enough for me.. Tho i heard there is a way u can make it accept two sim cards and a micro sim.. Its a video on youtube.. v not personally tried it.. But i thinkit involves u buying anoda sim tray.. Anyway i counted it as a disadvantage.. Cos in dis era more pple need two sim cards and with spaces in thier phones of up to 100gb or even more... But I'm not one of them at least for now

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by BLACKCHARGER(m): 7:26pm On Jul 05, 2017
I think thats all... If there is anything else worth saying.. Awl say it
Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by aanexplus(m): 7:46pm On Jul 05, 2017
That's not an issue. Disadvantage for me will be anything around Performance.

13 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by fibonacci2526: 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2017
BLACKCHARGER:
NUMBER 3
The funny thing is that some people dont know that this phone has a hybrid sim slot.. meaning.. U can either put 1 micro Sim card and one memory card or 1 micro sim card and 1 nano sim..
I don't usually fill up my phone with movies and the rest so the 32gb internal storage is enough for me.. Tho i heard there is a way u can make it accept two sim cards and a micro sim.. Its a video on youtube.. v not personally tried it.. But i thinkit involves u buying anoda sim tray.. Anyway i counted it as a disadvantage.. Cos in dis era more pple need two sim cards and with spaces in thier phones of up to 100gb or even more... But I'm not one of them at least for now

Erm OP didn't you know about this before buying the phone?

5 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by GrandMufti: 7:48pm On Jul 05, 2017
angry angry Number 4, the battery is eh!. It just refuses to die grin grin

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by kick(f): 7:52pm On Jul 05, 2017
BLACKCHARGER:
Hello people.. so i decided to talk about the disadvantages or rather the bad side of the Xiaomi redmi note 4x. If you see most threads.. Blogs.. And websites.. They don't really tell you the bad side of this phone.. it would be almost 3 weeks of using this phone so let nobody come and tell me trash.. I once did a review of the phone earlier..

This is the link
https://www.nairaland.com/3865457/xiaomi-redmi-note-4x-review/2

How much is the phone
Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by EvilMetahuman: 7:57pm On Jul 05, 2017
Get a phone case na
Abi

9 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by ultraprime(m): 8:14pm On Jul 05, 2017
The hybrid SIM card is terrible
Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by Youngpo413: 8:21pm On Jul 05, 2017
No disadvantage at all....

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by bareal(m): 8:59pm On Jul 05, 2017
What about fast charge and not having band 20 that recieves glo 4g network?

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by officialteemi(m): 9:09pm On Jul 05, 2017
what about camera?
front?
back?

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by BLACKCHARGER(m): 10:30pm On Jul 05, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Erm OP didn't you know about this before buying the phone?

Did you read that thing well.. I am not complaining.. I am just stating it.. Shikena

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by BLACKCHARGER(m): 10:31pm On Jul 05, 2017
kick:

How much is the phone
I bought the black color 60k

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by BLACKCHARGER(m): 10:31pm On Jul 05, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
Get a phone case na

Abi
it will make the phone fat tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by BLACKCHARGER(m): 10:33pm On Jul 05, 2017
bareal:
I dont use glo so i never noticed.. my phone takes 2hrs 45 mins to charge full or thereabout.. It's really okay for me.. smiley
Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by BLACKCHARGER(m): 10:34pm On Jul 05, 2017
officialteemi:
what about camera?
front?
back?
Read the review
Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by Gptech(m): 11:33pm On Jul 05, 2017
Chai! See thread with funny op. Erm op, please try this regarding the video recording, use the front facing camera for video recording and tell us the result, don't forget to change the settings to full HD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by fibonacci2526: 6:46am On Jul 06, 2017
bareal:

You mean band 28? How many phones supports that outdated band?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by ibawon(m): 7:13am On Jul 06, 2017
Ok Sir, we have heard, you make some good points.
Now have you considered the difference between Redmi Note 4 and the 4x are quite a few, but what do you expect at the end. They are all still mid-range phones, that is why you don't expect them to put all the finish in this world on the Build quality. So take the phone, compare it to other mid-range devices and note the difference, not that much.
People call me a lot to ask what kind of Xiaomi phone to get, I outrightly tell them to go for the Note 4 Series cos of the buid quality and co. But when you are on a slim budget and still want Xiaomi, na watin you go do.
Just sit down enjoy your phone and when God bless your pocket my Brother Upgrade.
BLessings

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by Gptech(m): 7:37am On Jul 06, 2017
ibawon:
Ok Sir, we have heard, you make some good points.
Now have you considered the difference between Redmi Note 4 and the 4x are quite a few, but what do you expect at the end. They are all still mid-range phones, that is why you don't expect them to put all the finish in this world on the Build quality. So take the phone, compare it to other mid-range devices and note the difference, not that much.
People call me a lot to ask what kind of Xiaomi phone to get, I outrightly tell them to go for the Note 4 Series cos of the buid quality and co. But when you are on a slim budget and still want Xiaomi, na watin you go do.
Just sit down enjoy your phone and when God bless your pocket my Brother Upgrade.
BLessings
Oga boss don talk am finish, Xiaomi simply has no competition in the midrange segment of phones, so I can close my eyes and tell anyone to pick from the many avaliable models. Just unfortunate that exchange rate has made things more difficult for Nigerians, even at that, nothing comes close to the cheapest Xiaomi phone, the Redmi 4a at around 32k.

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by bareal(m): 8:24am On Jul 06, 2017
fibonacci2526:

You mean band 28? How many phones supports that outdated band?

Did you see 28? Oh put on your glasses, make sure you eat this time and read again.
Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by fibonacci2526: 8:50am On Jul 06, 2017
bareal:

Did you see 28? Oh put on your glasses, make sure you eat this time and read again.

Oga Glo uses band 28 and not 20. Hian. Una go dey argue on top of wetin una no know. Mschew.

8 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by bareal(m): 10:16am On Jul 06, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Oga Glo uses band 28 and not 20. Hian. Una go dey argue on top of wetin una no know. Mschew.

Oga there's no argument here...I didn't mention 28 did I? Why is that difficult for you? Well, it may not be glo as you stated and could be any other network.
Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by bareal(m): 10:20am On Jul 06, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by fibonacci2526: 11:25am On Jul 06, 2017
bareal:

Oga there's no argument here...I didn't mention 28 did I? Why is that difficult for you? Well, it may not be glo as you stated and could be any other network.

Well was correcting the fact you said glo uses band 20, or was this not your words

"What about fast charge and not having band 20 that recieves[b] glo 4g network[/b]?"
Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by bareal(m): 12:37pm On Jul 06, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Well was correcting the fact you said glo uses band 20, or was this not your words

"What about fast charge and not having band 20 that recieves[b] glo 4g network[/b]?"

The emphasis is on the band and not the network provider.
Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by double0seven(m): 7:14pm On Jul 06, 2017
Please, who is using Glo 4g network?

Is it actually much better than glo 3g. GLO 3G bleeps up so much. Glo 3g signal goes off a lot. It's probably the worst network. Is the 4g any better

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by oloriooko(m): 8:15pm On Jul 06, 2017
BLACKCHARGER:

I bought the black color 60k
How and where can I get one asap
Re: Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x by Baroba(m): 8:22pm On Jul 06, 2017
oloriooko:

How and where can I get one asap

Go to the Xiaomi thread bro..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Ways To Protect/guard Your Android Smartphone Or Tablet Against Malware Attack / MTN Network Is Back! / Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.