Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:14 AM

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use (35697 Views)

Huawei Y6 Pro 3gb Ram 32gb 4G LTE 4000mah -2 Weeks Use-28kd / Samsung Galaxy A51 Review After 3 Months Of Use / THE XIAOMI (REDMI) SMARTPHONE BRAND 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 31, 2018
I recently switched from the OnePlus 5T to the Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus after seeing good reviews about it and here are my thoughts:

1. I will never ever spend my money on any Samsung or Apple phone in my life. China phones have really stepped up their game.

2. It has a longer battery life (4000mAh) than the OnePlus 5T (3300mAh).

3. Its processor speed isn't as fast As the OnePlus 5T but it sure keeps up speed.

4. It's camera and video quality is just ok, but the OnePlus 5T has an excellent video and camera quality when compared.

5. Gaming experience is equally as good as the OnePlus 5T.

6. It costs almost $400 less than the OnePlus 5T but seems like a perfect budget friendly flagship phone or backup phone.

I bought the OnePlus 5T for about $559 while the Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus cost me only $160.

7. It doesn't have fast charge like the OnePlus 5T but you can reach 100% from about 5% in about 2hrs 10 mins. The OnePlus 5T does that in about 1 hour.

8. If you like large phones, the Redmi 5 plus is slightly larger than the OnePlus 5T but the 5T has a larger screen to body ratio than the Redmi.

Attached is the pictures showing the battery life as well as screen on time for two different days. Note the percentage of battery left in the screenshots.

The OnePlus 5T can only boast of an average of 5hr 30mins of on screen time but the 4000mAh battery of the Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus wins in this area. It can average a 9hrs onscreen time easily.

My opinion: stop chasing the hype of iPhones or Samsung phones, both of which I can afford. I chose to stop wasting my money on brand names when I can easily get better phones with better specs for hundreds of dollars cheaper. It is called being penny wise. My opinion.

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 31, 2018
Picture taken with Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by Darkseid(m): 10:10pm On May 31, 2018
I ordered mine yesterday, I no fit wait to lay my hands on that baby.

Edited
I had a nightmare last night, very terrible. I was with my friends bragging to them about the new phone I ordered when a delivery man brought it in. So we began unboxing, after I opened the first box, I saw another one, and then another. The fifth box was a Samsung S9 box, and I was a little excited. When I opened the Samsung box, I saw another box again, on opening the last box na normal electric socket I see inside. I swear the shock from the dream woke me up and I started praying immediately.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 31, 2018
In my opinion, the Chinese phone market is slowly taking over. People can't afford to spend over $1000 on a phone when they could get cheaper phones with nice specs for a fraction of that price.

I am buying the Umidigi S2 lite next because I hears it has good reviews and a long battery life as well.

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by fibonacci2526: 10:27pm On May 31, 2018
pDudd:
In my opinion, the Chinese phone market is slowly taking over. People can't afford to spend over $1000 on a phone when they could get cheaper phones with nice specs for a fraction of that price.

I am buying the Umidigi S2 lite next because I hears it has good reviews and a long battery life as well.

Run from umidigi!!!! Op am very curious as to why you didn't go for the note 5 instead of redmi 5 plus. It's a massive downgrade going from sd835 to sd625, note 5 with sd636 would have cushion the effect a bit. Nice to know you are enjoying the device though.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 31, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Run from umidigi!!!!

Why? I have heard that same caution for several people but from what I have seen on YouTube, Umidigi phones are ok in quality and build. Enlighten me pls.

I checked out the Note 5 and the Redmi 5 plus. From what I saw, I preferred the 5 plus because it was cheaper and both didn't have much difference in specs except camera quality. I'm not a camera or social media person so I don't usually take pictures.

9 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by fibonacci2526: 10:31pm On May 31, 2018
pDudd:

Why? I have heard that same caution for several people but from what I have seen on YouTube, Umidigi phones are ok in quality and build. Enlighten me pls.

Bad software experience, lemme run away before Lexusgs430 go come find me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 31, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Hmmm. Ok. Maybe I'll pass on it. I'm trying to save up for the Elephone 4G phablet. That phone na machine grin

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by pyramid19: 10:49pm On May 31, 2018
pDudd:

Hmmm. Ok. Maybe I'll pass on it. I'm trying to save up for the Elephone 4G phablet. That phone na machine grin

Elephone p8 max right
Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by Protein0: 10:50pm On May 31, 2018
pDudd:
I recently switched from the OnePlus 5T to the Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus after seeing good reviews about it and here are my thoughts:

1. I will never ever spend my money on any Samsung or Apple phone in my life. China phones have really stepped up their game.

2. It has a longer battery life (4000mAh) than the OnePlus 5T (3300mAh).

3. Its processor speed isn't as fast As the OnePlus 5T but it sure keeps up speed.

4. It's camera and video quality is just ok, but the OnePlus 5T has an excellent video and camera quality when compared.

5. Gaming experience is equally as good as the OnePlus 5T.

6. It costs almost $400 less than the OnePlus 5T but seems like a perfect budget friendly flagship phone or backup phone.

I bought the OnePlus 5T for about $559 while the Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus cost me only $160.

7. It doesn't have fast charge like the OnePlus 5T but you can reach 100% from about 5% in about 2hrs 10 mins. The OnePlus 5T does that in about 1 hour.

8. If you like large phones, the Redmi 5 plus is slightly larger than the OnePlus 5T but the 5T has a larger screen to body ratio than the Redmi.

Attached is the pictures showing the battery life as well as screen on time for two different days. Note the percentage of battery left in the screenshots.

The OnePlus 5T can only boast of an average of 5hr 30mins of on screen time but the 4000mAh battery of the Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus wins in this area. It can average a 9hrs onscreen time easily.

My opinion: stop chasing the hype of iPhones or Samsung phones, both of which I can afford. I chose to stop wasting my money on brand names when I can easily get better phones with better specs for hundreds of dollars cheaper. It is called being penny wise. My opinion.
Nice one.

But where that your 5T? cool

11 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by fibonacci2526: 10:51pm On May 31, 2018
pDudd:

Elephone kwa? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 31, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 31, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Elephone kwa? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

My guy, sidon look na. You nor know say China don dey gather market for their side. Here in US, people are beginning to patronize them. Nice phone with better specs than your iPhones and Samsungs, but at very affordable prices.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 31, 2018
Protein0:
Nice one.

But where that your 5T? cool

It's chilling in my drawer. I got bored with it. I'll still switch back after a few months or sell it.
Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by OVA200(m): 10:58pm On May 31, 2018
Am really happy people are getting to understand that the phone world does not revolve around Samsung and iPhone alone they are cheating us with name.
When I dump my phantom 6 plus I will go for the Elephone U pro.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by Protein0: 11:00pm On May 31, 2018
pDudd:

It's chilling in my drawer. I got bored with it. I'll still switch back after a few months or sell it.
I've no doubt that it'll take u a short while to get uncomfortable with d 5plus. sd 835 to 625 is very significant.

Sell it and buy OnePlus 6 or Xiaomi mi8

Protein0:

LATEST UPDATE!!! (23/05/'18)
XIAOMI
Redmi note 4x 3+16gb 53k
Redmi Note 4x 3+32gb 58k
Redmi note 5 3+32gb:75k
Redmi note 5 4+64gb: 87.5k
Redmi note 5 6+64gb: 99k
Redmi 5plus 3+32gb: 63k
Redmi 5plus 4+64gb: 73k
Mi max 2 4+64gb 88k
Mi max 2 4+128gb 104k
Mi note 3 4+64gb: 112k
Mi note 3 6+64gb: 115k
Mi note 3 6+128gb: 130k
mi6 4+64gb 136k
Mi6 6+64gb 149k
Mi mix 2 6+64gb: 165k
Mi mix 2 6+128gb: 185k
Mi mix 2s: 215k
Black shark: 205

ONEPLUS
OnePlus 5t 6+64gb: 195k
OnePlus 5t 8+128gb: 220k
Oneplus 6 6+64gb 212k
128gb: 234k & 256gb: 262k

NOKIA
Nokia X6 4+32gb:115.5k
4+64gb:128k

HUAWEI
Buzz to request instantaneous quotation

POWERBANKS
Xiaomi 2 10,000mah: 8k
Xiaomi 2c (new model) 20,000mah: 13k

5-7working days delivery to Lagos.
Outside-Lagos bound orders will be waybilled afterwards.
Two tempered glasses and one silicone case gifts for every phone.
Interested? Call/WhatsApp 07063579846
Thanks kiss kiss
Good day
kiss

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 31, 2018
OVA200:
Am really happy people are getting to understand that the phone world does not revolve around Samsung and iPhone alone they are cheating us with name.

Exactly. When it comes to specs, the OnePlus 5T beats the iPhone X hands down. I discovered the China phone market late last year and I will continue to patronize them. I live in US and I bought my OnePlus 5T and Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus online from Hong Kong and shipping took only about 3 days for each. China is serious about their products. I'm not spending my head earned money on brand names anymore. I need quality for my money.

25 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by Lexusgs430: 11:03pm On May 31, 2018
pDudd:

With Umidigi devices, you enjoy the aspect of spending low and getting a quality device.....

Umidigi Z2 Pro or Umidigi A1 Pro, are sure best..... With umidigi devices, you also get FRP protection.......

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by Protein0: 11:04pm On May 31, 2018
pDudd:

My guy, sidon look na. You nor know say China don dey gather market for their side. Here in US, people are beginning to patronize them. Nice phone with better specs than your iPhones and Samsungs, but at very affordable prices.
you're absolutely right. Those chinese brands are gathering mad momentum and improving erry day

7 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 31, 2018
Protein0:
I've no doubt that it'll take u a short while to get uncomfortable with d 5plus. sd 835 to 625 is very significant.

Sell it and buy OnePlus 6 or Xiaomi mi8

Like you read my mind. I want to sell it and buy the OnePlus 6. But I'm still considering. I really like the OnePlus 5T because of its specs and speed. But it is the constant bugs in the software after every update I don't like. OnePlus is constantly upgrading their OS because they always discover bugs with every update.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by henry007(m): 11:05pm On May 31, 2018
OVA200:

Wow the old champ. Phantom 6 plus.

Please who else stopped reading and scrolled down after the point number 1?
Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by Lexusgs430: 11:05pm On May 31, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Madam, all my Umidigi devices are still working 100%...... I would have been stepping up to the Umidigi Z2 Pro, if not my undying love and hard to break addiction.....

3 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by Emmydrizzy(m): 11:29pm On May 31, 2018
pDudd:

Like you read my mind. I want to sell it and buy the OnePlus 6. But I'm still considering. I really like the OnePlus 5T because of its specs and speed. But it is the constant bugs in the software after every update I don't like. OnePlus is constantly upgrading their OS because they always discover bugs with every update.

Wat bug abeg? Cause ma 5T doesn't have bugs especially after d recent May update
Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by Nobody: 11:30pm On May 31, 2018
Emmydrizzy:

Wat bug abeg? Cause ma 5T doesn't have bugs especially after d recent May update

It doesn't have any bugs so far because the update was done to fix the previous bugs.
Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by Lexusgs430: 11:32pm On May 31, 2018
pDudd - We have all been down this smartphone prostitution route before.....

Comparing smartphone manufacturers, in my opinion is like comparing Ashawo's, runzgal's or wife material.......

We gravitate from one to the other, depending on loads of variable factors. But we still eventually settle back to the wife material......

My opinion......

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 31, 2018
Lexusgs430:
pDudd - We have all been down this smartphone prostitution route before.....

Comparing smartphone manufacturers, in my opinion is like comparing Ashawo's, runzgal's or wife material.......

We gravitate from one to the other, depending on loads of variable factors. But we still eventually settle back to the wife material......

My opinion......

Sorry I have no wife material. Prior to the OnePlus 5T, I used a Samsung for 4 years. Don't think I can go back to Samsung because it's always the same ol' phone but with different colors and shapes. Samsung and apple have no new innovations. Newer manufacturers in the Chinese phone market still have a lot of better innovations at affordable prices. My opinion.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by Lexusgs430: 11:38pm On May 31, 2018
pDudd:

Sorry I have no wife material. Prior to the OnePlus 5T, I used a Samsung for 4 years. Don't think I can go back to Samsung because it's always the same ol' phone but with different colors and shapes. Samsung and apple have no new innovations. Newer manufacturers in the Chinese phone market still have a lot of better innovations at affordable prices. My opinion.

You think you don't, but you do...... What is wife material to one, is ashawo to one and runzgal to another......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by Lexusgs430: 11:40pm On May 31, 2018
pDudd:

Comparing Samsung of 4 years use, to a Samsung device of 2018........

Is simply like comparing strawberry to agbalumo.......

22 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by Nobody: 12:18am On Jun 01, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Comparing Samsung of 4 years use, to a Samsung device of 2018........

Is simply like comparing strawberry to agbalumo.......

My woman uses Samsung Note 8. Nothing impressive about it except the camera. I'm not moved. Too expensive. She bought it $930. I don't go after brand name. I go after affordability and specs.

Maybe my wife is the OnePlus 5T. Maybe.

13 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by Nobody: 12:21am On Jun 01, 2018
Same pic with the OnePlus 5T this time. Notice the better pic quality.

3 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by Appliedmaths(m): 12:37am On Jun 01, 2018
pDudd:
Same pic with the OnePlus 5T this time. Notice the better pic quality.

Obviously better. but I have an issue with the redmi not having the much needed fast charging feat. Aside being in the office with guaranteed power supply and at home by night I barely get good power supply elsewhere so that means if I have a 2% on Saturday morning outdoors on my redmi it's kaboom till night fall. I'll rather stick with the one plus, my opinion though.

3 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use by Lexusgs430: 12:39am On Jun 01, 2018
pDudd:

My woman uses Samsung Note 8. Nothing impressive about it except the camera. I'm not moved. Too expensive. She bought it $930. I don't go after brand name. I go after affordability and specs.

Maybe my wife is the OnePlus 5T. Maybe.

Your last statement says it all.....

NB : The Note 8 is a very impressive device and would simply keep giving.......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tecno Phantom Pad N9 - A Combination Of Phone And Tablet / Mtn Distributes Materials To Yola IDP Camp (Photos) / What Does Dual, Quad, Hexa, Octa And Deca Core Means???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.