Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,330 members, 7,829,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9298278 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5257) (5258) (5259) (5260) (5261) (5262) (5263) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 8:37am On Jun 18, 2019
missiles:

Thank God, congrats bro am happy for the good news. Nice one @Lovexme keep it up bro, the sky is ur starting point.

Thanks, man.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 8:42am On Jun 18, 2019
seanwilliam:
u dey make me vex make i no beat person pikin cry o

You can smash your entry level Tecno phone against the wall if you are angry. The truth hurts.

And I pass person wey you fit beat.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tu9ic3(m): 8:45am On Jun 18, 2019
genius43:

Go to settings, search for WiFi Scanning, turn it and Bluetooth scanning off.

Also always set your SIM you are not using to browse on 2G only.

Please how do I change my other SIM network to to 2G

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by suco01(m): 8:49am On Jun 18, 2019
Luisema4luv:
My redmi note 7 review
So i have bn using my RN7 for about 48 days nw and below is my observation
1. The speaker is just out of this world,music,videos,calls is very spot on
2. Proximity sensor na another issue entirely well mayb next update should fix dat
3. D stock camera used to great until i discovered GCAM,den i realised xiaomi have scamed me by writing 48mp....e suppose b 60mp...e too go well
4. Battery life is great bt could definitely b better cuz my guy hot 7 last longer although he does not have my RN7 crips display
5. So i went to bar,got high, decided to go find food for the stomach only for my phone to fall heavily on the tarred road... My mind cut thinking i will b needing money for new screen fortunately only d camera screen broke (exactly y i visited raya @ computer village earlier dis month though i ended up nt fixing it) thanks to gorilla glass 5
6. Display is just top notch wit wonderful speed nd have not lagged no matter wat i decide to do wit it
7. Face unlock looks lik a joke so i decided not to use it afterall nothing do my finger
8.second space should b renamed private space biko,no need hiding files Wen u gat second space afterall na 2 in 1 phone
9.radio,3 finger screen shot,option to hide d black notch or mak it visible,reading mode etc maks d phone sometin to behold

Ps my guy using Samsung s7 was amazed wit what image my phone gcam produce

Next on my conscience is k20 pro.....we move

@ No 9. Which one be black notch how we go take locate mine

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dreydoe(m): 8:58am On Jun 18, 2019
macbeyland:

Come and get xiaomi mini Bluetooth speaker. 08062907289
price
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:59am On Jun 18, 2019
tu9ic3:

Please how do I change my other SIM network to to 2G

1. Through SIM settings, select SIM card, select preferred network type and select 2G

2. Download the force LTE app from playstore or *#*#4636#*#*

NB. you have to do it again once you restart your phone

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dreydoe(m): 9:03am On Jun 18, 2019
tu9ic3:

Then you need to port asap

Checkout mine

please what plan are u using on ntel?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by wowdiva: 9:12am On Jun 18, 2019
Please how do you tell the global version from the Chinese version on RN7
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dotedote: 9:13am On Jun 18, 2019
After upgrading my Oreo to Pie, I'm seeing this unbelievable and unacceptable slow charging on my RN5ai. It's taken my battery about 40minutes to get to 98% from 94%.
So Unacceptable.

Does it mean it's gonna take it a while too to drop ?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kenomobola(m): 9:18am On Jun 18, 2019
genius43:

Glo is so terrible in my house in particular for the past four days. It is so bad that I am no on 2G to save battery, once it is 7pm it becomes extremely difficult to browse. When man settle am porting to Ntel.

Checkout my battery gragh

While I cheer your decision to leave that painfully slow network, that was probably designed for sloths, I will advice you to avoid Ntel. Lest you perform the proverbial jump, from frying pan to fire. Ntel is a network meant to provoke and frustrate, I believe it is their secret mission statement.
You might be better off looking at either Spectranet or Swift.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:21am On Jun 18, 2019
kenomobola:

While I cheer your decision to leave that painfully slow network, that was probably designed for sloths, I will advice you to avoid Ntel. Lest you perform the proverbial jump, from frying pan to fire. Ntel is a network meant to provoke and frustrate, I believe it is their secret mission statement.

Spectranet and swift are not in my location currently. Their expansion is painfully slow
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 9:31am On Jun 18, 2019
Please how do I toggle with screen resolution of RN7? I want to see if I can reduce it or increase it....?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tu9ic3(m): 9:35am On Jun 18, 2019
Android Q pro dark dwm19

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mathefaro(m): 9:48am On Jun 18, 2019
abdsamad:

Nah, wrong maths

Actually, you need 11.5mb/s to download 1tb in 24hrs so that's 23mb/s for 2tb.

I think it's doable, depending on where you are. Conditions will have to be perfect though and... 23mb/s has to be possible. Can mtn 4g swing that anywhere?
Wrong math? grin, Issokay o. So this is correct maths abi? I wonder if you even know what makes up a GB cos it's evident from your calculation that you do not.
Well, what do I know? kiss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:48am On Jun 18, 2019
kenomobola:

cheesy grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seanwilliam(m): 9:55am On Jun 18, 2019
olayinkajnr:

You can smash your entry level Tecno phone against the wall if you are angry. The truth hurts.

And I pass person wey you fit beat.
i go arrange boys for u if u pass person wey i fit beat. how about that?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajods(m): 9:55am On Jun 18, 2019
I recently got 2 note 7 phones for my siblings from @Noobody, after he had helped me to get my Pocophone & a new screen for my broken note 4 from Aliexpress. The guy is amazing, trustworthy & dependable

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tu9ic3(m): 10:01am On Jun 18, 2019
[quote author=Dreydoe post=79437981] please what plan are u using on sorry am not using ntel, am using airtel
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mistermorex: 10:04am On Jun 18, 2019
How can one on hotspot and WiFi at the same time on RN7 or that's not possible because I think RN5 can do that...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tu9ic3(m): 10:04am On Jun 18, 2019
genius43:

1. Through SIM settings, select SIM card, select preferred network type and select 2G

2. Download the force LTE app from playstore or *#*#4636#*#*

NB. you have to do it again once you restart your phone

No 2g option

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:07am On Jun 18, 2019
tu9ic3:

No 2g option

You didn't follow instructions, I said you should click on the SIM, you will see preferred network type click it. Let's say your MTN SIM since you are using Airtel for data. When you click on MTN you should see preferred network type, click on it

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:11am On Jun 18, 2019
mistermorex:
How can one on hotspot and WiFi at the same time on RN7 or that's not possible because I think RN5 can do that...

The feature is clashing with Android 9/MIUI 10, it stopped working for us Redmi Note 5 users after the pie update. If you have been following the thread it have been stated severally

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 10:17am On Jun 18, 2019
IKON360:
Please how do I toggle with screen resolution of RN7? I want to see if I can reduce it or increase it....?
I think you will have to download an app to do that, or even root sef, unlike Samsung that you can find the option in settings

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:23am On Jun 18, 2019

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:27am On Jun 18, 2019
Una never try poco launcher 2? Makes sense ooo, especially for those wen nr fit do without launchers, now u fit change d background from that white to wetin u like.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 18, 2019
Kingpeter404:
Guys I finally and forcefully created my second space today and it was awesome though stressful moving and logging in apps but I struggled and moved it thanks to God and xioami cuz this one SARS are now everywhere on our street eh
How do you move apps to second space. Kindly tell me because I had to download the apps over and over again

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mathefaro(m): 11:05am On Jun 18, 2019
Diegobonito:
How do you move apps to second space. Kindly tell me because I had to download the apps over and over again
when you're in the second space, look for the second space options in the settings, you'll find what you need there
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jayklefz: 11:07am On Jun 18, 2019
missiles:
Just updated my rn7pro this morning now dark mode enabled
Hello please where did you get your phone from and how much..
And also is that the global rom
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 11:40am On Jun 18, 2019
Gptech:
Una never try poco launcher 2? Makes sense ooo, especially for those wen nr fit do without launchers, now u fit change d background from that white to wetin u like.
wey nova launcher still full ground die
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:40am On Jun 18, 2019
Jayklefz:

Hello please where did you get your phone from and how much..
And also is that the global rom

That's China Stable ROM
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 11:47am On Jun 18, 2019
Gptech:

Since na cheesy cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 12:02pm On Jun 18, 2019
There are only to launchers on play store Nova launcher and others...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5257) (5258) (5259) (5260) (5261) (5262) (5263) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mindsta(m) and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.