Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Rip...former Nigerian Sports Star, Aiyegbeni Passes Away - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rip...former Nigerian Sports Star, Aiyegbeni Passes Away (1126 Views)

Moses, Oshoala Win At The Nigerian Sports Awards 2017. See List Of Winners. / Nigerian Sports Legend Chris Enahoro Dead At Age 80 / 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rip...former Nigerian Sports Star, Aiyegbeni Passes Away by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 08, 2016
A former Nigerian superstar boxer, businessman, philanthropist and engineer, Chairman of formerly D’Rovans Hotel now Wallan Hotel, Chief Francis Aiyegbeni is dead.

According to GoldmyneTv, Chief Francis Ayegbeni passed on early this morning. His daughter, Faith also confirmed the information on Saturday evening that Chief Francis Aiyegbeni breathed his last this morning in Ibadan.

“He passed on this morning in Ibadan. My dad has gone to rest. May his soul rest in peace.” she is quoted as saying.

Aiyegbeni who hails from Esan in Edo State was a former boxer and prominent promoter of Boxing. He died after on Saturday afternoon after he was rushed to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan after he failed to respond to treatment at the Police Hospital, Eleyele, Ibadan, Oyo State.

Confirming the sad development, the secretary general of the Nigerian Boxing Board of Control (NBB of C), Remi Aboderin, said Nigeria has lost a great personality, adding that the boxing family will miss Ayegbeni a lot.

“It is on fortunate that we have lost him at this time when we need him the most,” he started. “I can tell you Francis Aiyegbeni gave so much for the development of boxing in Nigeria and it is so unfortunate we have lost him.

“Yes, Nigeria will miss him as a whole, but the boxing community will feel his absence a lot.”

Francis Aiyegbeni is survived by many wives, children and grandchildren.

Source: http://lifedrama.com.ng/rip-former-nigerian-sports-star-aiyegbeni-passes-away/

Re: Rip...former Nigerian Sports Star, Aiyegbeni Passes Away by toyeoye(m): 12:39pm On May 08, 2016
I had an interview with him 2weeks ago! still on my laptop, can't believe this
Re: Rip...former Nigerian Sports Star, Aiyegbeni Passes Away by KissCODE(m): 12:47pm On May 08, 2016
toyeoye:
I had an interview with him 2weeks ago! still on my laptop, can't believe this
congrats you can claim to have his last words & that can make you a little richer if you see a media that will accept to either air or publish it.
It is called EXCLUSIVE.

Fear catch me oh! I been think say na YAKUBU OH...

1 Like

Re: Rip...former Nigerian Sports Star, Aiyegbeni Passes Away by taiyesoul(f): 1:14pm On May 08, 2016
RIP Sir,but thank God its not Yakubu.

(1) (Reply)

Dennis Rodman Picks N’korea’s President’s Sister As His New Wife / These Athletes May Bring Olympic Medals For Nigeria / Team South Africa And Team Nigeria In Track Suits During Rio 2016 Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.