Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,924 members, 7,835,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Why You Should Not Upgrade Android To Marshmallow. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Not Upgrade Android To Marshmallow. (964 Views)

6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now / How-to: Download And Upgrade Your Gionee M5 To Marshmallow Android 6.0 / I Switched From Android To Iphone For Two Months. Here's What I Learned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Not Upgrade Android To Marshmallow. by win10(m): 2:58pm On May 08, 2016
Yes, i know this sounds a little crazy but just here me out. The android marshmallow as we all know is the latest android OS version with new stuffs in it and everybody just want to upgrade. it got some negative comments and thats what lead to this post.

NOTE: As of the time of this post (26/04/2016), the android marshmallow got some negative comments, user-complaints and bugs and this lead me to publish this article. But in the future, these negative comments, user-complaint and bugs, may no longer exist in the marshmallow OS therefore making it safe and nice to install and thereby making this post irrelevant.

Why you should not upgrade to marshmallow
Device compatibility: Not every device support the marshmallow, although it works well on Google Nexus but that does not mean it will work the same on your device.

This is because the marshmallow started with Google Nexus before it was released for other android phones so, google must have made the marshmallow OS compatible with the nexus phone hardware. For it to work well on your device, your android phone manufacturer have to optimize the OS to work well on their individual devices. Until then do not upgrade.

Even though it working pretty fine now, it is some how over stressing you android phone hardware component. And if this continues, one day you android phone might just not turn on because you have over stressed and damage the components.

To see more, visit http://www.techeda.com/android/dont-upgrade-to-marshmallow.html
Re: Why You Should Not Upgrade Android To Marshmallow. by psychopunk(m): 8:13pm On May 08, 2016
since I upgrades to marshmallow on my samsung galaxy s5 my wifi can't turn on ND there's no more hotspot/tethering option in my settings
Re: Why You Should Not Upgrade Android To Marshmallow. by psychopunk(m): 8:13pm On May 08, 2016
since I upgraded to marshmallow on my samsung galaxy s5 my wifi can't turn on ND there's no more hotspot/tethering option in my settings
Re: Why You Should Not Upgrade Android To Marshmallow. by udemzyudex(m): 8:57pm On May 08, 2016
I wanted to change imie on tecno w4 for a friend of mine but couldn't, guess it's because the phone is running on Android 6.0
Re: Why You Should Not Upgrade Android To Marshmallow. by win10(m): 12:01am On May 09, 2016
psychopunk:
since I upgrades to marshmallow on my samsung galaxy s5 my wifi can't turn on ND there's no more hotspot/tethering option in my settings

i guess you see the reason why you should not upgrade yet.. just wait a little longer for the OS to be stable on all devices
Re: Why You Should Not Upgrade Android To Marshmallow. by win10(m): 12:05am On May 09, 2016
udemzyudex:
I wanted to change imie on tecno w4 for a friend of mine but couldn't, guess it's because the phone is running on Android 6.0

Yes oo. changing imei on marshmallow is as hard as buying fuel in nigeria.. in-fact, it's not possible for now because the security has been increased.

(1) (Reply)

NCC Enforces ‘2442’ Short-code To Curb Unsolicited SMS / Airtel Nigeria CEO Segun Ogunsanya Wins Telecom CEO Of The Year Award / INFINIX NOTE 3: Selfie Special, Strong Battery, Strong Performer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.