Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

Should I Buy Some Plots Of Land Or Put the Money In a Fixed Deposit Account? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Should I Buy Some Plots Of Land Or Put the Money In a Fixed Deposit Account? (2681 Views)

Land Or Car...which Is More Important? / Distress Sales: Some Plots Of Land At Mary Land Open For Sale:08032222501 / Some Plots Of Land @ Kuje, Abuja are On Sale Now. (no Agent Or Agreement Fee) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Buy Some Plots Of Land Or Put the Money In a Fixed Deposit Account? by Omotaday(m): 10:18pm On May 08, 2016
Re: Should I Buy Some Plots Of Land Or Put the Money In a Fixed Deposit Account? by Justycxx(m): 10:34pm On May 08, 2016
Invest in my business
Re: Should I Buy Some Plots Of Land Or Put the Money In a Fixed Deposit Account? by Omotaday(m): 10:39pm On May 08, 2016
Justycxx:
Invest in my business
what is your business?
Re: Should I Buy Some Plots Of Land Or Put the Money In a Fixed Deposit Account? by Justycxx(m): 10:59pm On May 08, 2016
Omotaday:
what is your business?
let me have your number so that we can talk about it
Re: Should I Buy Some Plots Of Land Or Put the Money In a Fixed Deposit Account? by Omotaday(m): 11:17pm On May 08, 2016
Justycxx:
let me have your number so that we can talk about it
say it here

5 Likes

Re: Should I Buy Some Plots Of Land Or Put the Money In a Fixed Deposit Account? by Justycxx(m): 11:23pm On May 08, 2016
Omotaday:
say it here
i know you scared of scam but its far from it. You'll really reap the fruit of investing in my biz. Its a new biz so i cant say it here its risky. I stil protecting it for now til i get it running properly. If u can work with me lets achieve success together you wont regret it.
Re: Should I Buy Some Plots Of Land Or Put the Money In a Fixed Deposit Account? by afreekah: 1:30am On May 09, 2016
Justycxx:
i know you scared of scam but its far from it. You'll really reap the fruit of investing in my biz. Its a new biz so i cant say it here its risky. I stil protecting it for now til i get it running properly. If u can work with me lets achieve success together you wont regret it.

@OP, scam alert. . . Please run as fast as you can..

9 Likes

Re: Should I Buy Some Plots Of Land Or Put the Money In a Fixed Deposit Account? by adozie(m): 3:13am On May 09, 2016
OP your uncle gave you the best advise ever. Real estate investment is the best and most secure investment ever.
With the way Nigerian currency is loosing value to other world currencies, fixing your money is useless.
Consider that a plot of land in my town near Owerri was selling about N300,000/ plot 4 years ago. Today it goes for 1.2m/plot.

Now compare someone who had N300,000 4 years ago. N300,000 4 years ago was about US$2,000. Let's assume he fixed that money 4 years ago and further assume that the bank gave him a very very generous interest rate such that the money is now N400,000. He has made N100,000 right?
But N400,000 today is only worth US$1,200.
He has just lost US$800 equivalent of N256,000 without even knowing it.

Now do the math!!!

If your town is in a university town, you are even luckier.
Your money will be safe. You can rent your land to farmers in the mean time or farm it yourself.

You will have your wise uncle to thank in years to come.
Do not invest in any business people are telling you here to put your hard earned money. You will live to regret it.

Good luck.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Buy Some Plots Of Land Or Put the Money In a Fixed Deposit Account? by Nobody: 3:36am On May 09, 2016
Based on my local experience, the only concern I have are land grabbers.

Investing in real estate is, of course, the ideal thing to do if you can be guaranteed that the land will be safe from encumbrance.

PS: Oh yes please run not walk away from any offers for business on here.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Buy Some Plots Of Land Or Put the Money In a Fixed Deposit Account? by Omotaday(m): 12:03pm On May 09, 2016
adozie:
OP your uncle gave you the best advise ever. Real estate investment is the best and most secure investment ever.
With the way Nigerian currency is loosing value to other world currencies, fixing your money is useless.
Consider that a plot of land in my town near Owerri was selling about N300,000/ plot 4 years ago. Today it goes for 1.2m/plot.

Now compare someone who had N300,000 4 years ago. N300,000 4 years ago was about US$2,000. Let's assume he fixed that money 4 years ago and further assume that the bank gave him a very very generous interest rate such that the money is now N400,000. He has made N100,000 right?
But N400,000 today is only worth US$1,200.
He has just lost US$800 equivalent of N256,000 without even knowing it.

Now do the math!!!

If your town is in a university town, you are even luckier.
Your money will be safe. You can rent your land to farmers in the mean time or farm it yourself.

You will have your wise uncle to thank in years to come.
Do not invest in any business people are telling you here to put your hard earned money. You will live to regret it.

Good luck.
Thanks very much for this.
Re: Should I Buy Some Plots Of Land Or Put the Money In a Fixed Deposit Account? by Omotaday(m): 12:04pm On May 09, 2016
EgunMogaji:
Based on my local experience, the only concern I have are land grabbers.

Investing in real estate is, of course, the ideal thing to do if you can be guaranteed that the land will be safe from encumbrance.

PS: Oh yes please run not walk away from any offers for business on here.
Land grabber problem is out of it, i already bought a plot of land from the same people some months back. I think i will go by what my uncle and you people said. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy Some Plots Of Land Or Put the Money In a Fixed Deposit Account? by agentmag10: 12:15pm On May 09, 2016
Invest in land but I meant government estate. If u are interested and u have 8m and above contact us at suit 10 Tob plaza Magodo phase 1 Lagos tel 08085788626
Re: Should I Buy Some Plots Of Land Or Put the Money In a Fixed Deposit Account? by Justycxx(m): 9:13pm On May 09, 2016
afreekah:

@OP, scam alert. . . Please run as fast as you can..
you guys wont achieve anything by trying to discourage him. Its a business i want to do alone but i'm stuck somewhere in the middle due to lack of capital. I'm not asking him to send me any money to my account and besides if he wants to work with me i'm not going to stay anonymous i will meet him in person and he can get to meet my family members and i get to know him better, he will know everything about me and probably get hold of my documents if he needs that. I just want real help to facilitate a business that can bring fortune in no distant time.
Re: Should I Buy Some Plots Of Land Or Put the Money In a Fixed Deposit Account? by Justycxx(m): 9:18pm On May 09, 2016
Omotaday:
say it here
op i'm not asking you to send me any cash, just want to discuss the nature of my business with you if you fancy it you can just help me secure raw materials and some little factors of production like some not too expensive machines. Thats all. You wont regret it i promise
Re: Should I Buy Some Plots Of Land Or Put the Money In a Fixed Deposit Account? by Nobody: 4:32am On May 10, 2016
Justycxx:
op i'm not asking you to send me any cash, just want to discuss the nature of my business with you if you fancy it you can just help me secure raw materials and some little factors of production like some not too expensive machines. Thats all. You wont regret it i promise

22. Don't ask Nairaland members for contact details (email, phone, bbpin) or investments.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Buy Some Plots Of Land Or Put the Money In a Fixed Deposit Account? by afreekah: 1:29pm On May 10, 2016
Justycxx:
you guys wont achieve anything by trying to discourage him. Its a business i want to do alone but i'm stuck somewhere in the middle due to lack of capital. I'm not asking him to send me any money to my account and besides if he wants to work with me i'm not going to stay anonymous i will meet him in person and he can get to meet my family members and i get to know him better, he will know everything about me and probably get hold of my documents if he needs that. I just want real help to facilitate a business that can bring fortune in no distant time.

That's NOT what the op is here for. Join co-operative or ask all these SME merchant house for help on your business. Better still, start applying for business grants, if you are able to convince them with your stories, good luck. Start checking YES, Tony Elumelu, Sterling portals and tons of others, OP wasn't here to do business but needed a simple advice on either fixed deposit or to buy land.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Buy Some Plots Of Land Or Put the Money In a Fixed Deposit Account? by Omotaday(m): 12:21am On May 12, 2016
afreekah:

That's NOT what the op is here for. Join co-operative or ask all these SME merchant house for help on your business. Better still, start applying for business grants, if you are able to convince them with your stories, good luck. Start checking YES, Tony Elumelu, Sterling portals and tons of others, OP wasn't here to do business but needed a simple advice on either fixed deposit or to buy land.
nice explanation
Re: Should I Buy Some Plots Of Land Or Put the Money In a Fixed Deposit Account? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 13, 2016
The best time to plant a tree was 20yrs ago and the second best time is now....
Don't procrastinate about investing today, try this wonderful opportunity, in a couple of months / years you wouldn't regret investing in a place with the proximity of:
• The Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Abuja
•  Centenary city‎
•  Union Homes and
•  Several other housing projects. ‎

Presently, there are affordable residential and commercial estates within this proximity.

PRICE:
• 1 plot - N500,000‎ Negotiable
• 1 hectare - N1.5 Million

BENEFITS OF THESE LANDS:- 
Documents such as
- Right of Ownership (R of O)
- Abuja Geographical Information System (AGIS) for Recertification
- Data plan with co-operates and beacon number (Survey document)
- File opening at Secretariat

√ Genuine title‎
√ Installmental payment plan
√ No commission or agreement fee
√ Documents can be delivered across Nigeria
√ 10 minutes drive to the Airport, 10 minutes drive to the Centinary city and less than 30 minutes drive to Central area

LIMITED PLOTS AVAILABLE !!! 
Call or whatsapp now!!!

FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Uche +2348167546525
Re: Should I Buy Some Plots Of Land Or Put the Money In a Fixed Deposit Account? by omotolarunsewe: 12:29am On Aug 14, 2016
Follow ur uncle advise. Spend 50 percent of the money on purchasing some of the lands. Nd safe the rest.
Re: Should I Buy Some Plots Of Land Or Put the Money In a Fixed Deposit Account? by AdewaleAdron(m): 4:01am On Aug 14, 2016
Just in case you want to invest your money in landed properties that will give you rest of mind, Adron Homes & Properties is your one sure stop.

At Adron Homes & Properties, our vision is to be the leading Pan African real estate development company that will provide the highest number of decent, accessible, comfortable and affordable housing product with a singular mission to exceed expectations.

And this is not just a write up, we are working tirelessly day and night to achieve this. And we have estates to show for it.

Visit www.adronhomesproperties.com and call, text or whatsapp 08102030355 for further enquiries...

Re: Should I Buy Some Plots Of Land Or Put the Money In a Fixed Deposit Account? by AdewaleAdron(m): 4:08am On Aug 14, 2016
AdewaleAdron:
Just in case you want to invest your money in landed properties that will give you rest of mind, Adron Homes & Properties is your one sure stop.

At Adron Homes & Properties, our vision is to be the leading Pan African real estate development company that will provide the highest number of decent, accessible, comfortable and affordable housing product with a singular mission to exceed expectations.

And this is not just a write up, we are working tirelessly day and night to achieve this. And we have estates to show for it.

Visit www.adronhomesproperties.com and call, text or whatsapp 08102030355 for further enquiries...

We at Adron Homes & Properties don't just build estates, we develop our estates by providing life enriching facilities like good road network, electricity, street lighting, sport facilities such as basketball court, lawn tennis court, modern eateries, shopping malls, children's play ground, just to mention a few.

Call, text or WhatsApp 08102030355 for site inspection.

Re: Should I Buy Some Plots Of Land Or Put the Money In a Fixed Deposit Account? by JustOutstanding: 5:07am On Aug 14, 2016
AdewaleAdron:

We at Adron Homes & Properties don't just build estates, we develop our estates by providing life enriching facilities like good road network, electricity, street lighting, sport facilities such as basketball court, lawn tennis court, modern eateries, shopping malls, children's play ground, just to mention a few.

Call, text or WhatsApp 08102030355 for site inspection.

Adron, you people can do advertisements ooo. Everywhere na Adron. TV, radio, magazines, some of you even come to my office like every other week. Until they made sure everybody in my office bought land from them.

But for sure, they are real and mind assuring. Even thinking of buying another plot with them.

(1) (Reply)

Own A Plot of Land at Magodo Phase 1&2 Moved / Land For Sale: Over 3,000 Acres Available At Atan Otta Ogun State. / For Sale : Property In Cooperative Villa Estate , Badore Road Ajah ( Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.