Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Land Or Car...which Is More Important? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Land Or Car...which Is More Important? (18022 Views)

With 400k You Can Secure A Plot Of Land Or 1.5m Out Right. Location: ARAGA LUCUR / Guide On How To Buy Property [land Or House] In Nigeria / Ensure You Do These.....Before embarking on that Land or House deal in Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by praxisnetworks: 3:09am On Jul 02, 2017
Advices are needed... Egunmogaji.. and co

1 Like

Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by Atiku2019: 3:14am On Jul 02, 2017
It all depends on your current situation...
Both are Important grin grin

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by Nobody: 3:19am On Jul 02, 2017
praxisnetworks:

It depends on your investment strategy.

If I were to choose then land hands down. The way I think and my uniqueness then I can probably do both. I will buy cheap land in a not ready to inhabit areas for the future and buy a rolling bucket of bolts car that I can manage.

But I'm at an age and exposure where I've realized that I don't need to impress anyone grin

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by praxisnetworks: 3:55am On Jul 02, 2017
Atiku2019:
It all depends on your current situation...

Both are Important grin grin
My current situation... I am about to make a decision...zero sum one.
Based on the discussions so far... I will go for the land... and get a car I can pay for in instalments.... Now Audi A4 B6 ....or Sienna/Previa what do you guys advice?
Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by praxisnetworks: 3:57am On Jul 02, 2017
EgunMogaji:

It depends on your investment strategy.

If I were to choose then land hands down. The way I think and my uniqueness then I can probably do both. I will buy cheap land in a not ready to inhabit areas for the future and buy a rolling bucket of bolts car that I can manage. But I'm at an age and exposure where I don't need to impress anyone grin

Maybe I should do a Toyota instead of Audi. But the issue is the Audi is payable in instalments... Toyota lump sum... What do you advise?

1 Like

Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by Nobody: 4:14am On Jul 02, 2017
praxisnetworks:

Maybe I should do a Toyota instead of Audi. But the issue is the Audi is payable in instalments... Toyota lump sum... What do you advise?

Or a Kia?

Seriously.
Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by praxisnetworks: 4:21am On Jul 02, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Or a Kia?

Seriously.
Kia? No. I have opportunity for either an A4 or a Sienna... Or previa all in topgrade situations.
Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 02, 2017
It depends on your current situation and what each of them does for you. Do you need the car for your business or for your family and kids? If yes, it makes little sense to me to buy a land and keep, and then have your children trekking everywhere.

But if the land investment is important to you, then you can forgo the temporary satisfaction of owning a car to secure the investment. This is why only you can answer the question, op.

People say a car is a liability but I disagree. If your car puts money in your pockets or saves you money, then it's an asset.

That's my own 2 cents on the matter.

If you want to learn how to build your own blog and make money doing it, I'm offering a FREE online course. Sign up here: http://www.nextnaijaentrepreneur.com/goto/course

7 Likes

Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by NwaAmaikpe: 7:17am On Jul 02, 2017
shocked

Na wa,

A car is more important, nobody ordinarily will give you one if you can't afford it.

But even if you don't have a land or can't afford one; there'd always be land to bury you in

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by kittykollinxx(m): 7:18am On Jul 02, 2017
if think it depends on the nature of ur job. if your job cares more about your physical prestige then get a car first. eg: if you are a celeb u need a car seriously because it won't be nice keeping a plot of land somewhere and u take taxi to shows.
you can get a car if the car would bring more money to cater for the car and get land later on
if u don't have enuf money bro don't buy car, if the car wud stop people that are helping u to stop rendering assistance don't go near car coz ull regret it.
it can be offered as generalization that land is better but it all depends on the above factors and some more. thanks

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by rose54321: 7:18am On Jul 02, 2017
Individual preference oh.
Like for Moi a car is far more pressing than land. In Abuja you gotta be mobile else taxis will suck you dry.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by NwaNimo1(m): 7:19am On Jul 02, 2017
Land appreciates...... cars depreciate...... do the Maths,

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by plainmirror(m): 7:19am On Jul 02, 2017
Not an easy decision now that young men want to get a ride to show they have arrived.

But if I have the finance for one, it will be channeled to getting a land. The benefits are numerous in the long-run.

10 Likes

Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by gentlechyke(m): 7:20am On Jul 02, 2017
both. One is an asset which appreciates with time (Land) while the other can be an asset which depreciates with time or Liability as the case may be

3 Likes

Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by HomesOfLife(m): 7:20am On Jul 02, 2017
It depends on the motive. Mobility is as important, yet more pressing than owning a Land. Buying a car for the sake of utility and not luxury should come before owning a land. Investing reasonably in mobility would save you money and stress on the long run. Owning a luxurious car should however, only come after owning real estate.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by Flexherbal(m): 7:20am On Jul 02, 2017
It depends on why you need it.
Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by money121(m): 7:20am On Jul 02, 2017
Both...

Current Price of Roofing Sheet in Nigeria.. See here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types

See Samples of Roofing Tiles.. See here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3357472/collection-sample-stone-coated-roofing

Check Out Picture Of The Wood Work For Stone Coated and Aluminum Roofing >> https://www.nairaland.com/1806964/check-out-picture-wood-work

Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 02, 2017
praxisnetworks:
Land ooo oooo. Nigerians attach more importance to surface wealth just to keep up with the Jones. My brother buy land, buy plenty sef, let them laf at ur leggedes Benz.
They've got nothing on you

17 Likes

Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by CzarChris(m): 7:21am On Jul 02, 2017
Wow, see question. grin OP, I understand where you are coming from, truth be told a car is a necessity not a luxury, but when you start getting a ride that is utterly luxurious then it means that you are really comfortable to a point. While land appreciates, and it is an asset. Just do whatever is in your heart to do, you've already made a decision, you are just bringing this up for us to affirm your decision.

5 Likes

Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by Sugarcious(m): 7:21am On Jul 02, 2017
Get a land and stop making your landlord envious of your car if its better than his.

12 Likes

Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by Chiefpriest1(m): 7:21am On Jul 02, 2017
Both are important. If you have a growing family or the car is likely to add value to the kind of job you do, then car may be necessary.

But if it's just for luxury, then a piece of land is your best bet. Many people work offshore , sometimes three weeks in water and one week on land.

If your job is like that and you are still struggling economically, a car might not be necessary for now.

1 Like

Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by chauvinist(m): 7:21am On Jul 02, 2017
Land is an asset

Car is a liability

Except you really NEED the car, buy a land first

13 Likes

Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by Mrjo(m): 7:22am On Jul 02, 2017
Land, because it value keep increasing every day

1 Like

Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by Bukaiske: 7:22am On Jul 02, 2017
land
Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by cold(m): 7:22am On Jul 02, 2017
Buy the land and take the Audi. Since the arrangement allows you to pay in instalments. As long as you have the financial wherewithal to sustain such an arrangement. My 2 cents

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by MrMontella(m): 7:22am On Jul 02, 2017
in the eyes of an average Nigerian, it is a car.
but in reality, logic, and everything.
a land is more important than a car.

3 Likes

Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by Daeylar(f): 7:23am On Jul 02, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Na wa,

A car is more important, nobody ordinarily will give you one if you can't afford it.

But even if you don't have a land or can't afford one; there'd always be land to bury you in

grin

4 Likes

Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by sekem: 7:23am On Jul 02, 2017
Land for longterm

Car for short term
Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by Mzjacy(f): 7:23am On Jul 02, 2017
LAND o, happy Sunday all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by Oyindidi(f): 7:23am On Jul 02, 2017
land, land appreciates
Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 02, 2017
Well it depends... But I will rather advice you to get a land first, then if you still have some change left, keep the change and still keep working hard to save then you can get a car.

A wise man once said " Don't spend all your money on liabilities because the money you spent on liabilities is an asset to someone "

2 Likes

Re: Land Or Car...which Is More Important? by Atiku2019: 7:24am On Jul 02, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Na wa,

cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Setting Up A Real Estate Agent Outfit - What Are The Requirements Please. / Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos / Best Quality Screeding Material In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.