Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,236 members, 7,811,653 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

Why My US Visa Was Denied - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why My US Visa Was Denied (3522 Views)

Lady On Student Visa Was Deported From US And Banned For 5 Years; See Why / I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. / My Visa Was Denied At The Italian Consulate Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Why My US Visa Was Denied by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 08, 2016
I apply for a b1/b2. And was refused officer says I'm not qualify. I don't know what went wrong but this is what happen. I am self employed hairstylist and is also a aspiring music entertainer. In my passport for profession is entertainer. But I don't make money from entertaining since I haven't reach that level. Alot of people I know have b1/b2 and they are entertainers.

On the 6 of may was my interview

VO.. Good morning
ME.. Good morning sir
Vo.. how are doing?
Me.. I'm fine thank you.
Vo.. can I have your passport
Me handed him the passport.
Vo.. why do you want to travel to the US
Me.. vacation sir.
Vo.. what do you do.
Me.. I'm self employed hairdresser and aspiring artist.
Vo.. what do you do as a artist
Me I sing.
Vo.. do you get pay when performing.
Me.. no sir only perform at small venues karaoke etc showcasing my talent.
Vo.. smile.
Vo who do you live with
Me.. my common law husband my daughter and 2 sister's.
Vo.. where is the hairdressing business
Me at such and such place..

Then handed me a green paper denied under section 214 b..

The thing is I was also having problems hearing him clearly as he was also speaking so fast and because it's my first application I was also confused. And they were all moving so fast and other people was in the line behind waiting on their turn it was just confusing. So I even believe some of the things he ask I didn't even hear properly and he keep just asking so fast I just got really confused.. he even ask me something about family and I answered yes and up until now I can't recall what he had ask. . They were other people right beside answering their question and it wasn't a good experience because in hearing them so loudly and I was just confused. I'm planning on reapplying but wonder when is the best time.
Re: Why My US Visa Was Denied by ourkobo: 10:46pm On May 08, 2016
I dey come
Re: Why My US Visa Was Denied by Olarajee(m): 10:49pm On May 08, 2016
Maybe... for an hairdresser, how buoyant u are to go on vacation in the states?

Some of ur stories didn't add up maybe

1 Like

Re: Why My US Visa Was Denied by knightsTempler: 10:51pm On May 08, 2016
Sorry about that, but i think you weren't well prepared for the interview, plus you were kinda nervous, you weren't composed. Just know it's not the end of the world, who knows, God might have a better plan for you.

1 Like

Re: Why My US Visa Was Denied by cassidy1996(m): 10:54pm On May 08, 2016
Denying innocents people visas, then give green cards to terrorist, that's d only thing they know how to do (children of the cocaine)

5 Likes

Re: Why My US Visa Was Denied by Lucremoy(m): 10:54pm On May 08, 2016
your grammar sha.. lemme just assume everything went okay
Re: Why My US Visa Was Denied by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 08, 2016
Not sure what happen but I make my living from been a hairdresser. And I have my own hairdressing salon. But I'm also a singer and that's my biggest goal. I want to take my signing further but it doesn't just kick of like that. So since I'm not making money from singing as yet.. my hairdressing is what I make a living from... on the day I renew my passport I was confuse on what to put because I was saying to myself what if my entertaining take off and I have hairstylist in my passport.. I wasn't sure what to put because I love singing and seeing myself in the music industry.
Re: Why My US Visa Was Denied by Bolade005: 10:55pm On May 08, 2016
Let's do some role play here. OP, you be the VO and I will be You. Imagine I appear before you and I tell you I'm a hairstylist and I do free show at events just to market myself and I want to go on a vacation to the US without having any strong tie to my home country and no sound financial resources, will you grant me that visa? No?

You're not going to the US for vacation, you want to and go and hustle and the VO saw through you.

Pick yourself up, it's not the end of the world.

Modified: wait, you have entertainer on your passport? Are you Dbanj?

4 Likes

Re: Why My US Visa Was Denied by justwise(m): 11:03pm On May 08, 2016
Pot this here https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2

Or other thread by the VO in this section

(1)

Pls Hw Can I Get To Ikeja City Mall From Ogba / The Female Airpeace Pilot That Landed The Aircraft In Umunaeri Is From My Villa / Nigerians Living In Spain And Portugal, Please Come In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.