Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers (3929 Views)

Another Intelligent Atheist Changes His Mind / Atheist, Agnostic, Deist, And Theist. Basic Things In Understanding Them / How To Convert A Christian To An Atheist/agnostic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by Nobody: 9:49am On May 09, 2016
Questions Goes Thus . Pick any question and advance a mental trip to the very nucleus of the question. Facts and Figures cited should have conformable source. Thanks! I appreciate your presence (view)

1.What caused the universe to exist?
2.What explains the fine tuning of the universe?
3.Why is the universe rational?
4.How did DNA and amino acids arise?
5.Where did the genetic code come from?
6.How do irreducibly complex enzyme chains
evolve?
7.How do we account for the origin of 116
distinct language families?
8.Why did cities suddenly appear all over the
world between 3,000 and 1,000BC?
9.How is independent thought possible in a world
ruled by chance and necessity?
10.How do we account for self-awareness?
11.How is free will possible in a material
universe?
12.How do we account for conscience?
13.On what basis can we make moral
judgements?
14.Why does suffering matter?
15.Why do human beings matter?
16.Why care about justice?
17.How do we account for the almost universal
belief in the supernatural?
18.How do we know the supernatural does not
exist?
19.How can we know if there is conscious
existence after death?
20.What accounts for the empty tomb,
resurrection appearances and growth of the
church?

on this note I call my seniors whom the cap fits
well, Cc: Olaadegbu, Seun, Reyginus,
KingEbukasblog, Amokeme, Feran15, Fynestboi,
ifenes, urahara, HardMirror, Agentofallah,
sonoflucifer, otem4eartum, otemanuduno,
johnydon22, swaggzo, Hahn, born2freak,
freecocoa, jospeh1019, Joseph1832, plaetton,
dblackninja, joshthefirst, ValentineMary. I love you
Guys no matter your religious beliefs.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by talktonase(m): 9:57am On May 09, 2016
who all these questions epp
Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by Ramon92: 10:18am On May 09, 2016
[b] What caused the universe to exist? In my opinion, I think that's one question we can't really have an answer to if we're bn honest with ourselves.

As time advanced and man evolved, so did his mind and his thinking, hence he started asking questions about his origins and the world around him. This led to various theories and conclusions because I feel the mind was so eager and agitated for an answer that it had to settle for something to 'rest on'- no matter how ridiculous it is. Even as time went on and due to our advancements in various fields, some of what have been laid down were constantly been challenged and new theories/premises were postulated.

This is why we have different opinions as to how the universe came to be and what caused it; The theists insisting it had a beginning caused by the the words of a certain God and some branches of science claiming the Big bang was responsible, others claiming the universe is infinite in itself and some even saying everything is like an illusion, etc. Each of these premises also finds faults, inconsistencies and contradictions in each other which makes me think we're all still missing something and far from the answer.

So, settling for a basis or cause for the existence of the universe is just to calm our curious minds and give it something to hold on to(this is true for the vast majority of humans on this planet, who's got lazy minds and content with what they perceive). But the almost certainty of not getting the real answers doesn't mean we shouldn't probe. It's through this process we discover new things and develop ourselves further, and that's what makes science and philosophy interesting, and life...[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by joseph1832(m): 10:19am On May 09, 2016
AYOBAMEE911:
Questions Goes Thus . Pick any question and advance a mental trip to the very nucleus of the question. Facts and Figures cited should have conformable source. Thanks! I appreciate your presence (view)

evolve?
universe?
judgements?

exist?
existence after death?
church?

Do unto others what you want others to do unto you. Simply put, if you can't stand the thought of having your wife cheat on you, don't cheat on her.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by IRserveMyComent(f): 10:40am On May 09, 2016
joseph1832:
Do unto others what you want others to do unto you. Simply put, if you can't stand the thought of having your wife cheat on you, don't cheat on her.
that verse is from the bible, but the people he mentioned do not believe in the bible.
Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by joseph1832(m): 10:46am On May 09, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
that verse is from the bible, but the people he mentioned do not believe in the bible.
I wouldn't know if the verse is in the Bible, but what I do know is the logical message it pass. Its as simple as that.
Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by IRserveMyComent(f): 10:52am On May 09, 2016
joseph1832:
I wouldn't know if the verse is in the Bible, but what I do know is the logical message it pass. Its as simple as that.
And am telling you it is in luck 6:31. Your logic has still landed you in the bible in case you are among them dat do not believe.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by joseph1832(m): 11:00am On May 09, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
And am telling you it is in luck 6:31. Your logic has still landed you in the bible in case you are among them dat do not believe.
I believe you've heard of the Hammurabi law? "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth". Tell me, how does this differ from "do unto others what you want others to do unto you?".

Never forget, the Hammurabi law predates christianity.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by IRserveMyComent(f): 11:01am On May 09, 2016
joseph1832:
I had to go back and re check the names he listed and was not surpriced your name was there. Immediately i saw you talk about your logic,cos thats the only thing you guys know how to argue about. Weda you accept it or not in your sub conscious mind your know there is the existence of a supreme being. I used to have a closs friend like you but today he is a great evangelist.
Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by Amberon: 11:01am On May 09, 2016
atheists know there is a God. They're simply angry at him.

4 Likes

Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by IRserveMyComent(f): 11:11am On May 09, 2016
joseph1832:
I believe you've heard of the Hammurabi law? "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth". Tell me, how does this differ from "do unto others what you want others to do unto you?".

Never forget, the Hammurabi law predates christianity.
My dear am not ready for your un ending arguments this morning. In all your logic you still found yourself in luck 6:31. My friend i told you about was very popular in UNN those days. He could argue from morning to might. I dont think you are a more atheist than he is. What you need is my prayers and not an argument. Because it wont get us any where. I have done that when i did it, but iv realised it is only the holy spirit that can convict a soul. If my friend could become a changed man today nothing is impossible. Peace.
Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by joseph1832(m): 11:11am On May 09, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
I had to go back and re check the names he listed and was not surpriced your name was there. Immediately i saw you talk about your logic,cos thats the only thing you guys know how to argue about. Weda you accept it or not in your sub conscious mind your know there is the existence of a supreme being. I used to have a closs friend like you but today he is a great evangelist.
And of course, hasty generalizations and irrelevant conclusion seem to be the very forte of people like you.

You assume I'm a atheist because my name was mentioned, instead of you to ask me if I am, or not, but instead, you went ahead and jumped into conclusion.

Miss, I'm not an atheist for your information.
Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by IRserveMyComent(f): 11:16am On May 09, 2016
joseph1832:
And of course, hasty generalizations and irrelevant conclusion seem to be the very forte of people like you.

You assume I'm a atheist because my name was mentioned, instead of you to ask me if I am, or not, but instead, you went ahead and jumped into conclusion.

Miss, I'm not an atheist for your information.
For you to hastily ascribe your comment to logic i knew that whatever you are is not in conformity with the word of God, i didnt need to ask you. Its well with you my brother. Grace.
Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by joseph1832(m): 11:17am On May 09, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
My dear am not ready for your un ending arguments this morning. In all your logic you still found yourself in luck 6:31. My friend i told you about was very popular in UNN those days. He could argue from morning to might. I dont think you are a more atheist than he is. What you need is my prayers and not an argument. Because it wont get us any where. I have done that when i did it, but iv realised it is only the holy spirit that can convict a soul. If my friend could become a changed man today nothing is impossible. Peace.
This has always been the problem with people like you, when faced with reason and logic, you spiral bind and talk harp hazardly and dive into abstracts and nothingness.

You never even bothered to see that the logic I quoted stemmed from something that predates the bible, hell no, but instead, you rush and compare me your imaginary friend. How so much like you to base just a common occurrence, and attribute to it to the many.

Tell me, how many people do you know, who are atheist, and are not pastors or evangelist?

1 Like

Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by joseph1832(m): 11:18am On May 09, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
Its well with you my brother. Grace.
I don't need your prayers, neither do I need your grace. However, what I need from you lies between your thighs...

Can you oblige me the pleasure of entering? tongue
Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 09, 2016
This questions are much deeper than you think. Nairaland won't satisfy your questions, I would advise you visit reputable sites ( those who talk on the subject matter rather than adhominems undecided) for more info......

I'm currently using a small phone unfortunately, I can't type long texts without my hand cramping cry sad. Ahh.....what could have been....
Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 09, 2016
Ramon92:
[b] What caused the universe to exist? In my opinion, I think that's one question we can't really have an answer to if we're bn honest with ourselves.

As time advanced and man evolved, so did his mind and his thinking, hence he started asking questions about his origins and the world around him. This led to various theories and conclusions because I feel the mind was so eager and agitated for an answer that it had to settle for something to 'rest on'- no matter how ridiculous it is. Even as time went on and due to our advancements in various fields, some of what have been laid down were constantly been challenged and new theories/premises were postulated.

This is why we have different opinions as to how the universe came to be and what caused it; The theists insisting it had a beginning caused by the the words of a certain God and some branches of science claiming the Big bang was responsible, others claiming the universe is infinite in itself and some even saying everything is like an illusion, etc. Each of these premises also finds faults, inconsistencies and contradictions in each other which makes me think we're all still missing something and far from the answer.

So, settling for a basis or cause for the existence of the universe is just to calm our curious minds and give it something to hold on to(this is true for the vast majority of humans on this planet, who's got lazy minds and content with what they perceive). But the almost certainty of not getting the real answers doesn't mean we shouldn't probe. It's through this process we discover new things and develop ourselves further, and that's what makes science and philosophy interesting, and life...[/b]

I appreciate your response but don't you think the earth and the universe at large was fine tuned for intelligent living hence affirming the presence of a supreme creator who was not created?
Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 09, 2016
SirWere:
This questions are much deeper than you think. Nairaland won't satisfy your questions, I would advise you visit reputable sites ( those who talk on the subject matter rather than adhominems undecided) for more info......

I'm currently using a small phone unfortunately, I can't type long texts without my hand cramping cry sad. Ahh.....what could have been....

Oops" but you can still contribute your view in a concise manner but I believe Naira land can give answers. we have people with a thirst to Know. Thanks for the response
Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by Ramon92: 1:59pm On May 09, 2016
AYOBAMEE911:

I appreciate your response but don't you think the earth and the universe at large was fine tuned for intelligent living hence affirming the presence of a supreme creator who was not created?
[b]A thorough observation of the earth and what we know so far about the universe as a whole, it's quite very tempting to agree that it's all the design of an intelligent entity, designed for intelligent life. But does this then affirm the entity as Supreme and not created as almost generally accepted? It raises a whole lot of questions, but I personally choose not to believe in a Supreme creator (as a BEING) as is generally accepted cos if we take a critical look at all what is happening in our world - happenings from history and currently, macroscopic to the microscopic level, it all makes no sense considering all the attributes attributed to IT.

So What I think is, our world and universe is one 'all encompassing entity' (all in one, one in all) in which all its constituents have a direct or indirect RELATIONSHIP with one another both on the physical and metaphysical level for the sole purpose of SURVIVAL. It's somewhat like a law in physics that states 'Energy can neither be created nor destroyed, but changes from one form to another'. This energy is what I'll say is at the peak or close to it. The source of this energy? I can't say, but certainly not a law dictating, praise hungry and a hell fire architect..[/b]
Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by swaggzo(m): 4:35pm On May 09, 2016
undecided
Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 09, 2016
swaggzo:
undecided

you are highly welcome sir! we await your contributions
Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by KAG: 8:31pm On May 09, 2016
AYOBAMEE911:

Hi, not a highly intelligent atheist, but I'll give a brief response to some. If I have time, I can expand on any you'd like. There are questions for you, too.

In my opinion, the best explanation we have for the universe is an expansion from a singularity. This thread is a good start: https://www.nairaland.com/3079359/physics-seun-understanding-scientific-theories

To the second and third, what makes you think the universe is fine tuned or rational? We humans, because of our need to understand our world and universe have large, have attempted to rationalise the universe. We also tend to view it from an anthropomorphice point of view. That doesn't necessarily mean the universe, with its quantum fluctuations, blackholes, dark matter, etc, is rational and fine tuned. If you have evidence for either or both, please present them.

evolve?

Can you give examples of "irreducibly complex enzyme chains"? What makes them irreducible?

Migration and splinttering of populations. The evolution of language is witnessed all the time. The changes in langauges like Greek, Latin to the current forms that exist, in modern Greek and the romance languages show how the process occurs.

universe?
What, in your opinion, is free will? By my estimation, free doesn't exist. Free agency does.

Internalisation of the externalisd morals strongly promoted/practised by the society and tribe to which one subscribes.

judgements?

On the basis that it contravenes our strongly held ethical norms. Muslim extremists judge those who don't follow thier brand of Islam. Many, on the other hand, judge their actions and beliefs as negative actions. That's because all we believe and espouse means we despise wanton murder - or, if you speak to some fundamentalists, execution.

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by Oluwaseytiano(m): 7:54am On May 10, 2016
Hmmmm, just here to learn

1 Like

Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by Nobody: 9:18am On May 10, 2016
Religious people or believers should also contribute also by trying to answer questions.

We await response Sirs/Mas we want to Learn, know, disagree and agree Cc: Olaadegbu, Seun, Reyginus,
dblackninja, joshthefirst, ValentineMary
Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:57am On May 10, 2016
AYOBAMEE911:
Religious people or believers should also contribute also by trying to answer questions.

We await response Sirs/Mas we want to Learn, know, disagree and agree Cc: Olaadegbu, Seun, Reyginus,
dblackninja, joshthefirst, ValentineMary

I dey come bro . Good thread
Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by ifenes(m): 10:13am On May 10, 2016
Busy now, will comment later
Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by ifenes(m): 1:26pm On May 10, 2016
AYOBAMEE911:

Firstly there is no single Universe,it is unlimited. It is not real,it is simply Our Thoughts. We caused all universes we can experience to exist. "What you perceive as physical reality is not actually real; it’s actually an illusion" Niels Bohr. “Space and time are not conditions in which we live. They are modes in which we think.” ~ Albert Einstein

The Universe, the stars, nature, humans,animal, etc are connected to each in some way. This is because we are made of the same type of energy that created the very Universe we live in today. Just look at your body’s system and the chakras (or energy centers in your body)which are responsible for keeping the body healthy if given the right treatment.

Fine tuning of the Universe to my understand is the ways we have programmed the Universe to work for us. Don't forget we created this reality with our Powerful minds.

Some guide lines that we created to act as a guide in our experiences include understanding

The Law of Divine Oneness– everything is connected to everything else. What we think, say, do and believe will have a corresponding effect on others and the universe around us.

Law of Vibration– Everything in the Universe moves, vibrates and travels in circular patterns, the same principles of vibration in the physical world apply to our thoughts, feelings, desires and wills in the Etheric world. Each sound, thing, and even thought has its own vibrational frequency, unique unto itself.

Law of Action– Must be employed in order for us to manifest things on earth. We must engage in actions that supports our thoughts dreams, emotions and words. In order to fully bring into your life what you want, you have to do things that would suggest it is already in fruition.

Law of Correspondence– This Universal Law states that the principles or laws of physics that explain the physical world energy, Light, vibration, and motion have their corresponding principles in the etheric or universe “As above, so below”.

Law of Cause and Effect– Nothing happens by chance or outside the Universal Laws. Every Action (including thought) has a reaction or consequence “We reap what we sow”. What we think we become, pay attention to those thoughts inside your head!

Law of Compensation– The Universal Law is the Law of Cause and effect applied to blessings and abundance that are provided for us. The visible effects of our deeds are given to us in gifts, money, inheritances, friendships and blessings.

Law of Attraction– Demonstrates how we create the things, events and people that come into our lives Our thoughts, feelings, words, and actions produce energies which, in turn attract like energies. Negative energies attract negative energies and positive energies attract positive energies.

The Law of Perpetual Transmutation of Energy – All persons have within them the power to change the conditions of their lives. Higher vibrations consume and transform lower ones; thus, each of us can change the energies in our lives by understanding the Universal Laws and applying the principles in such a way as to effect change

Law of Relativity– Each person will receive as series of problems (Tests of Initiation/Lessons) for the purpose of strengthening the light within each of these tests/lessons to be a challenge and remain connected to our hearts when proceeding to solve the problems. This law also teaches us to compare our problems to others problem into its proper perspective. No matter how bad we perceive our situation to be, There is always someone who is in a worse position. Its all relative.

Law of Polarity– Everything is on a continuum and has and opposite. We can suppress and transform undesirable thoughts by concentrating on the opposite pole. It is the law of mental vibrations.

Law of Rhythm– Everything vibrates and moves to certain rhythms.. These rhythms establish seasons, cycles, stages of development, and patterns. Each cycle reflects the regularity of God’s Universe. Masters know how to rise above negative parts of a cycle by never getting to excited or allowing negative things to penetrate their consciousness.

Law of Gender– The law of gender manifests in all things as masculine and feminine. It is this law that governs what we know as creation. The law of gender manifests in the animal kingdom as sex. This law decrees everything in nature is both male and female. Both are required for life to exist.

95% of our mind potential is still untapped,hence the reason for the question.

If you ask science,they do not know yet. But my opinion,it took billions of years of collusion of gases which cannot be explained yet. Amino Acid is an altered form of DNA. Science today has proven DNA can be altered.

You can read books on them
evolve? I don't know

Emigration mostly

There were cities before then. We are not the first civilization,and won't be the last

No such thing as chance. It is what you create and believe that determines what you experience.

Awareness is to be conscious of oneself. It is having a clear perception of your personality, including strengths, weaknesses, thoughts, beliefs, motivation, and emotions.
universe?

The Universe is not real.You make it real,and that's free will

It is what we are. Everything else is an illusion.
judgements?

What is moral today will be immoral tomorrow. As we advance as a society we eliminate what we perceive as immoral. Hurting others physically is obviously immoral to us now. But often times we still hurt other mentally and emotionally which in future will be frowned at.

It doesn't to me. Suffering is good sometimes for personal growth

Every life matters,including the trees,animals and the planet

To protect the rights of others,especially the weak

Nothing is supernatural. Inability to explain some phenomenons doesn't make them supernatural.
[/quote]18.How do we know the supernatural does not
exist?
Mention one?
existence after death?
Consciouness is not subject to anything. It is simply awareness which cannot be created nor destroyed. You will always be aware no matter what.
church?

Mind control and mass indoctrination.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by oglalasioux(m): 5:08pm On May 10, 2016
Science don't know yet. But it'll be ridiculous to imagine it's the bible story.

The universe is not fine tuned. In fact, it's the chance distortion in cosmic background radiation that set gravity into motion forming galaxies, stars, planets and you and I. Gravity pulling matter together is the origin of life itself; amino acids pulled together into a type that copies itself and that's why you and I exist.

See answer 2

From isotopes of atoms. Remember that in the first 3 seconds of the big bang all that existed was hydrogen. Everything else existed through the atomic chain of isotopes and further to new forms of matter.

See answer 4

evolve?
See answer 4.

From the human brain. During evolution man reached a stage his brain can recognise sounds made for an object. As people moved around the earth new findings made these sounds change. Example is English, German and French; 3 languages those who speak them well finds out that they are actually different versions of the same language.

Just as technology took the world by storm in the last 100 years, cities started appearing in those ancient times as the brain continued to evolve; the singular most important evidence of Darwin's evolution theory.

9.How is independent thought possible in a world ruled by chance and necessity?
The micro processor is a model of the human brain. It's garbage in garbage out.

The brain is a super radio broadcaster and receiver. The universe functions through electromagnetic waves. Our brains connect to these waves and that's what self awareness or consciousness is.

universe?
We all act on the capacity of our brain to interpret the universe.

See answer 11.

judgements?
Morality is what your environment will be if everyone did a particular thing. If it'll make the society better we make good moral judgment and vice versa.

It's we humans that brought the dichotomy between sufferings and enjoyment. Both doesn't exist. Where you find yourself is unique to you. It's all about living like the Joneses.

Because we have the most developed brain.

Justice is the yardstick for measuring savagery by telling low thinking people that the world is moving on.

Man is simply awed by the universe and it's countless phenomena. It's okay to believe in the supernatural but unfortunately that belief is diminishing by the minute.

exist?
No one knows and the religions are not any the wiser.

existence after death?
Nothing in the universe can be destroyed. Every thought and experience of man radiates through the universe through electromagnetic waves. When people die all their consciences continue to travel through space and just like you need a tv and decoder to watch DSTV which travels through space, you need a living brain to decode a dead man's consciousness. That's why we dream about dead people. Our brains are simply interacting with their consciousness and building pictures. That's how prophecies work.

church?
There is no evidence that it even happened. History is awash with such stories like that of Jesus and the resurrection thousands of years before the bible.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 10, 2016
Our creators are still searching for answers that is why prayers remained unanswered
Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by Kingbilo(m): 7:26am On May 12, 2016
grin
Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by WestAfricanGoon: 7:35am On May 12, 2016

Dunno. You dunno either. God doesn't know either.

What explains the fact you can see a man's face in the sky from time to time? Give enough time and space a window of fine tuning will emerge

Rationality is subjective. It used to be rational to cure fever by slitting your wrists

Chemical evolution

Evolution. You can see the evolution of genes from primitive viruses to complex mammals

evolve?

Evolution

Languages emerge whenever a group of people are isolated. There have been numerous incidents of children who were locked up in isolation and formed their own language from scrap. That's why isolated jungles like sub saharan Africa have exponentially more languages than open plains of the middle east and Asia
Whales and dolphins have language too.. And they also have culture. Don't think humans are special because we understand our own language.

Agricultural revolution. Man learned to plant instead of gather, same way the industrial revolution happened at the end of the 19th century and we blew up in numbers again.

Your thoughts are a product of chance and necessity. They are not independent. If you raise a child to murder people, that child will most likely murder people. Those thoughts were placed there. They aren't independent.

It's a mystery. The universe works in mysterious ways.. Until we find out how it works grin

universe?

Free will is an illusion formed by the ego to rationalise choices we have made. It's been proven in MRI experiments that decisions we make are predetermined before we are aware we have made them

There is also a a procedure where the corpus callosum is split. This is done for epilepsy patients. This divides the brain into 2 separate halves that can't talk to each other. The left brain can't know what the right brain is thinking. But the man can function normally. You can talk to the right brain only by closing the left eye, you can talk to the left brain by closing the right eye. But they can't talk to each other. There is a man who underwent this treatment and the doctor found out that his right brain is religious but the left brain is an atheist.

Does this person go to heaven or hell? grin based on which brain's free will?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfGwsAdS9Dc

It's an evolutionary meme. It's the brains ability to "put yourself in some else's shoes" . There's an experiment conducted by famous Dr Ramachandran where he concluded that the same neurons in the brain that fire when we perform and action or feel pain also fire when we see the same action performed by others. That is why your legs might move crazily when your favourite player is about to score a goal. Also the reason we love gaming. It's empathy in a more general sense

judgements?

Humanism and common sense. Unless you believe the God of the old testament is moral grin. Even the new testament is immoral. Predominantly atheist countries are more moral than religious countries. Look at the numbers. You'll seems

Because it hurts? undecided

They don't in the grand scheme of the universe. We are just a speck on a planet.

Justice is subjective. You have to be less vague in that question.

Humans trying to explain things they didn't know. Even the greatest minds have done this. When isaac newton could not stabilise the solar system calcu he said the rest was God's work. Laplace came along, stabilised the equation and said "there is no need for god here"

exist?

I don't know. But I have never seen evidence to that effect. How do you know there isn't a giant mango orbiting the sun at this very moment? You don't just assume things exist because you cannot prove they don't exist

existence after death?

You can't. That's why it's called death. The end

church?

What accounts for the empty tomb at airforce memorial burial ground? If your grandfather's grave was found empty would you conclude that he had risen from the dead? For the 2nd part of your question, refer to no. 17

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers by hahn(m): 8:04am On May 12, 2016
AYOBAMEE911:

evolve?
universe?
judgements?
exist?
existence after death?
church?

A simple www.google.com search would have helped you undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Join Secret Society / Mr. Seun Pls Dis Goes To U / Jay Z, Kanye West, Beyonce`, Lady Gaga, Rihanna. And The Alumini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.