Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,977 members, 7,814,331 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Please I Need Help To Locate Mr. Biodun And Andrew, Cotonou Car Dealers. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Please I Need Help To Locate Mr. Biodun And Andrew, Cotonou Car Dealers. (1489 Views)

Some Things Car Dealers Do Not Tell Their Prospective Customers. / Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? / COTONOU car-dealership! We sell and deliver CLEAN & AFFORDABLE USED-CARS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Help To Locate Mr. Biodun And Andrew, Cotonou Car Dealers. by tuti: 9:52am On May 09, 2016
Dear Forumites,
I urgently need your assistance to locate Mr. Abiodun and Mr. Andrew's whereabouts.
A friend of mine bought a car at Cotonou through them few weeks ago and the car is supposed to be brought to Abuja on Saturday.
Unfortunately, nothing has been heard of them since Saturday.
Any useful information on their whereabouts will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: Please I Need Help To Locate Mr. Biodun And Andrew, Cotonou Car Dealers. by boujaye: 10:00am On May 09, 2016
tuti:
Dear Forumites,
I urgently need your assistance to locate Mr. Abiodun and Mr. Andrew's whereabouts.
A friend of mine bought a car at Cotonou through them few weeks ago and the car is supposed to be brought to Abuja on Saturday.
Unfortunately, nothing has been heard of them since Saturday.
Any useful information on their whereabouts will be appreciated.

Thanks.
tell us more, how did you go about the transaction with them, what actually transpired?
Re: Please I Need Help To Locate Mr. Biodun And Andrew, Cotonou Car Dealers. by jimmy74(m): 10:10am On May 09, 2016
@ Tuti, your request is not comprehensive enough. give details of how you met them, their locations, surnames etc. so that one can figure out the crooks in question.
Regards.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help To Locate Mr. Biodun And Andrew, Cotonou Car Dealers. by tuti: 11:50am On May 09, 2016
Thank you for your prompt response.
This was transpired as reported by my friend.

1. I do not have abiodun's full name. His nigerian numbers are 07051883296; 08168875620;09098031012. Benin republic number +22962038718.

2. His partner is Andrew Adarighofua. Nigerian number are 08056837403; 08062784138. Benin republic number +22962920013.

I went with them to Coutonou and selected a vehicle. I thereafter sent part of the money for the car through a friend in Lagos who went with them to make the down payment.

I introduced a colleague to them who did the same thing and unlike me had his funds complete, which he sent to Andrew's account. They brought his car in 3 days to him.

I completed my payment of the car I selected 10 days ago through Andrew's account, and on Friday May 7th, 2016 was informed the car would be on its way to Abuja next day 8th May 2016. None of their phones have been picked since the morning of 8th May 2016 and the car has not arrived.

It may not be right to tag them as crooks until we get information from them or their whereabouts.

We appreciate your concern and efforts.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help To Locate Mr. Biodun And Andrew, Cotonou Car Dealers. by cathyhan: 12:41pm On May 09, 2016
Abbey and Andrew post here under the name honeymix77. attached is a picture of Andrew

Re: Please I Need Help To Locate Mr. Biodun And Andrew, Cotonou Car Dealers. by tuti: 2:58pm On May 09, 2016
This is Andrew in the picture.
We suspect that Andrew was at Seme border around 11am today before his phone was switched off.
It is suspected that are currently in Cotonou.

Any information on them will be appreciated.

Thank you all for your support
Re: Please I Need Help To Locate Mr. Biodun And Andrew, Cotonou Car Dealers. by stpat1(m): 4:23pm On May 09, 2016
Something tells me your car will soon be delivered. Maybe a little patience will do.

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Help To Locate Mr. Biodun And Andrew, Cotonou Car Dealers. by tuti: 11:35pm On May 09, 2016
Stpat1, thanks for allaying my fears.
I don't know the reason for their keeping us in the dark.
They should be responsible enough to pick their calls at least.
Once again, I will appreciate any useful information about their whereabouts.

Thank you.
Re: Please I Need Help To Locate Mr. Biodun And Andrew, Cotonou Car Dealers. by idiahiseal: 12:12am On May 10, 2016
Well i hv known andrew for abt 3yrs.. He stays in badagry. I hv bought cars from him for my colleagues and i hv stayed in his house severally. He will deliver ur car bt u may hv to spend little.. I hv had a similar senario with him n he delayed becos he had not made his profit. I no longer use him n abbey.. They were fradulent in my last car deals and he was arrested becos he bought bad cars for my colleagues different from the ones we agreed on. I will advice you not to use him again, he seems to hv cheap prices thats what drew me to him but he is fraudulent..
Re: Please I Need Help To Locate Mr. Biodun And Andrew, Cotonou Car Dealers. by Bisjosh(f): 9:18am On May 10, 2016
Op sorry abt the inconvenience but have you gotten through to them yet?

I actually wanted to deal with them(biodun and andrew) earlier this year but changed my mind.

I just hope the car is delivered this week.

If not, involve the police
Re: Please I Need Help To Locate Mr. Biodun And Andrew, Cotonou Car Dealers. by tuti: 2:25pm On May 10, 2016
Thanks guys for your concern.
I got one of their Cotonou numbers yesterday and spoke with Andrew. He was quick to drop telling me he will call back to explain things.
However, I'm yet to hear till now.
I will keep updating the forum of any development.

Thank you.
Re: Please I Need Help To Locate Mr. Biodun And Andrew, Cotonou Car Dealers. by Bisjosh(f): 8:04am On May 11, 2016
It's better to call Biodun

He's of a better person than Andrew.

Have u involved the police yet? Cos it seems you are taking this lightly. The earlier the better o angry

Vex don dey catch me sef tongue
Re: Please I Need Help To Locate Mr. Biodun And Andrew, Cotonou Car Dealers. by Nobody: 8:22am On May 11, 2016
Bisjosh:
Op sorry abt the inconvenience but have you gotten through to them yet?

I actually wanted to deal with them(biodun and andrew) earlier this year but changed my mind.

I just hope the car is delivered this week.

If not, involve the police

what did they do to you?
Re: Please I Need Help To Locate Mr. Biodun And Andrew, Cotonou Car Dealers. by tuti: 10:24am On May 11, 2016
Thanks folks.
We have finally been able to get them but their ways no pure at all.
I give will you more info later as investigations is on-going.
Re: Please I Need Help To Locate Mr. Biodun And Andrew, Cotonou Car Dealers. by tuti: 11:20am On May 13, 2016
Update:

1. A known military personnel had to be involved to address this situation, who met with the duo and went to see the car afterwards.
2.The car was actually at Seme border with Nigerian Customs because it was apprehended for lack of custom papers as no payment was made to customs.
3. The payment has now been made and the car has been cleared.

Note: The duo actually are in the car business purchasing and clearing, but on this occasion (and who knows how many others before) they tried to be smart and optimize but it didn't work out. The risk is too much as the car can potentially be lost.

You will hear more revelations on these guys dubious activities soon.
Re: Please I Need Help To Locate Mr. Biodun And Andrew, Cotonou Car Dealers. by Bisjosh(f): 9:28pm On May 20, 2016
tuti:
Update:

1. A known military personnel had to be involved to address this situation, who met with the duo and went to see the car afterwards.
2.The car was actually at Seme border with Nigerian Customs because it was apprehended for lack of custom papers as no payment was made to customs.
3. The payment has now been made and the car has been cleared.

Note: The duo actually are in the car business purchasing and clearing, but on this occasion (and who knows how many others before) they tried to be smart and optimize but it didn't work out. The risk is too much as the car can potentially be lost.

You will hear more revelations on these guys dubious activities soon.

Op thank God your car was found o
So update us pls.
Re: Please I Need Help To Locate Mr. Biodun And Andrew, Cotonou Car Dealers. by tuti: 5:01pm On May 26, 2016
Hello My people, it will be ungrateful of me if i don't give this final report to help others from falling into the hands of these dubious characters, Abiodun and Andrew. They are the bad eggs amongst the genuine Cotonou car dealers.
Take your seat and read the report on how we finally got the car from them.

So my friend got his car the next Saturday - one week after it was due to arrive, but not without incident. The information placed before you now is for the benefit of forumites and every other person that will care to deal with the duo in the future.

For 4 days (Saturday, Sunday, Monday) and most of Tuesday, only one of three Nigerian numbers I had were ringing. The others were switched off. The one that was ringing was not picked. The 2 Coutonou numbers rang sometimes (I believe) while they were there. Those too were not picked only on 2 instances when the person answering was a local of Benin republic and clearly not one of the owners of the phones.

Apparently, what transpired was that the car I purchased and for which I paid 300k for clearing was attempted to be brought into the country devoid of payment of custom duty. It was apprehended and was at Seme (somewhere in the bush). On Tuesday Andrew answered his Coutonou number although I could not hear him well, and said he was going to call me later which he did on Tuesday night. He said they had an issue with Customs, and that there phones were with the Custom folks pending a settlement they had to make. He said they had paid custom duties but did not have money for 'officer on duty' which was what led to the problem. unknown to him I had been able to obtain information regarding the locations of the phones that were ringing, and clearly he was lying on that score. By this time I had already concluded arrangements to have them apprehended if necessary through someone in the armed forces.

And so it was that on Wednesday morning they were apprehended, and all the details emerged. The soldier took over the process from there on, and I had to vomit another 180k so that the duty will be paid. They only had 150k of the money left which was produced under duress (maybe it was someone else's money).

I found out that my friend for which they brought the Camry 2007 just weeks before had fake Custom duty papers, implying that his car too was smuggled into the country. I had to do mild work on radiator as a result, and I also notice that the indomie of the car was also removed.

The summary of what I am saying is that this duo's business is actually smuggling. Period. They just make sure you pay them for the custom duty. The risks are enormous, as you can potentially loose your car in the process, damage it or have to pay again if Customs ask you for the papers even while the car is registered.

The risks are too enormous. Please be mindful.

I really appreciate concerned people on this platform.

Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

2004 Honda Pilot,fully Loaded With Dvd Player And Leather Interior / Sold!!!Clean Registered Land Rover Lr3....1.95m / Tokunbo 2010 Range Rover Sport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.