Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? (40441 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by Exline101: 3:42pm On May 09, 2016
Please this is a plan of a house am building and am currently not in Nigeria to see how things are going.But the Engineer handling it gave me a quotation of 2M from Foundation to DPC ( German floor) he's labour and supervision is included on the amount..... He said materials will cost about 1.4M and while his labour and supervision will cost 600K making it a total sum of 2 M .... So what I want to know now is if the 600k for labour/supervision from just foundation to DPC ( German floor) is okay or is too much Please advice and suggestion needed.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by Arcespion: 3:51pm On May 09, 2016
Materials won't cost more than 700-850k based on that plan. Workmanship varies according to location but for a place like Lagos which is the more expensive between the two cities I've experienced, it shouldn't cost more that 150-250k for 4-6 days of work.
Exline101:
Please this is a plan of a house am building and am currently not in Nigeria to see how things are going.But the Engineer handling it gave me a quotation of 2M from Foundation to DPC ( German floor) he's labour and supervision is included on the amount..... He said materials will cost about 1.4M and while his labour and supervision will cost 600K making it a total sum of 2 M .... So what I want to know now is if the 600k for labour/supervision from just foundation to DPC ( German floor) is okay or is too much Please advice and suggestion needed.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by BITSWORKS: 4:47pm On May 09, 2016
Hello, the information you provided for the foundation is a bit bare but I guess you are more concerned about the labour/supervision cost.

The type of foundation will determine the labour cost as a strip foundation will be cheaper than a raft in terms of labour cost and work to be done. Kindly clarify this and I might be able to make a judgement call because I do not disparage other colleagues cost based on incomplete information.

Kindly note you can always negotiate whatever cost is thrown at you as long as its fair to you and its fair to the engineer building. Cheers.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by Myself2(m): 8:27pm On May 09, 2016
BITSWORKS:
Hello, the information you provided for the foundation is a bit bare but I guess you are more concerned about the labour/supervision cost.

The type of foundation will determine the labour cost as a strip foundation will be cheaper than a raft in terms of labour cost and work to be done. Kindly clarify this and I might be able to make a judgement call because I do not disparage other colleagues cost based on incomplete information.

Kindly note you can always negotiate whatever cost is thrown at you as long as its fair to you and its fair to the engineer building. Cheers.

Sensible and objective response

@OP
Kindly provide more photos viz the structural design

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by sunnyjz: 2:23am On May 11, 2016
Exline101:
1.your mistake was letting your engineer know you are out of the country
2.if you are not there to asses the situation yourself then you are out of luck
3.that labour and supervision cost should be negotiated(thats almost 43 percent of the entire foundation cost)
4.ofcourse it is always too much because you are not there physically to monitor things. you are at the mercy of your engineer.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by n3xt(m): 5:07am On May 11, 2016
The figure quoted is not too much for any type of foundation adopted.

Just find out if all the items mentioned below are included in the scope of work (assuming it's a strip foundation):

1. Setting out
2. Excavation
3. Blinding
4. Preparation of Column Base
5. Starter Bars reinforcement
6. Foundation blocks
7. Formwork for the starter bars
8. Sandfilling
9. Surface treatment (Compacting, Laying of Damproof Membrane, Blinding, Mesh reinforcement etc)
10. DPC formwork
11. Rough-in pipe work for mechanicals
12. Pouring of the DPC concrete.

I'm 100% confident that the estimate given is not for a raft foundation.

Also find out the height of the foundation because if it includes materials, labour and supervision, you need to be sure of what you're walking into.

No matter how much of compromise your contractor is willing to make on this build, he will definitely need to make provision for the following if not more:

1. Granite - 150k
2. Sand (4) - 160k
3. Iron rod (1 ton) - 130k
4. Rings and binding wires - 20k
5. Cement (180 bags) - 270k
6. Blocks based on the partitions and 4 block height (1500 pcs) - 240k
7. Planks and Nails - 50k
8. Sandfilling - ??
9. Plumbing materials - ??
10. Miscellanous (DPM, etc) - ??

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by YoursGEJ(m): 6:49am On May 11, 2016
Hope the engineer no go use you as ATM. Just speaking from the experience of others

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by kenbee(f): 6:49am On May 11, 2016
Give me #15m and get it done

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by gist4kidsblog: 6:50am On May 11, 2016

Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by Mezux(m): 6:50am On May 11, 2016
Dis one is strong...
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by Nobody: 6:50am On May 11, 2016
3.5million budget pls including building approvals.

We don't support illegality on this forum.

Get approval before starting anything to avoid stories that touch.

Provide area boys and baale money as well.

5 Likes

Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by soldierdollar(m): 6:52am On May 11, 2016
shocked
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by write2obi(m): 6:52am On May 11, 2016
Op. The amount is not too much, considering you are outside the country. But just have someone visit your site regularly to make sure work is on going.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by PlayerOne: 6:53am On May 11, 2016
the engineer no even charge you sef

10 Likes

Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by knightsTempler: 6:56am On May 11, 2016
undecided
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by realomonile: 6:56am On May 11, 2016
A plot of land located at Akesan Lagos state Along Lasu iyana iba going for 1.5m negotiable

Direct seller...

Serious buyer should call/whatsapp 08085310359, 09054800167

Hello Nairalanders, i have this land facing Lasu iba express way all round fenced for sale at rate of 70million Naira Negotiable,

Available document: Family Receipt, survey plan,

Side attract: facing expressway, close to Lagos state university, close to Iba New site estate and alot more

NOTE: This is dry Land...

Good for filling Station, churches, shopping mall,event center,schools and lot more..

Serious Buyer should contact Whatsapp 08085310359 For inspection or call 08033588797

Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by Okemmuo(m): 6:57am On May 11, 2016
Following....
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by leofab(f): 6:59am On May 11, 2016
Full details are needed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by opius: 6:59am On May 11, 2016
A lot of advice and grammar....
Try n negotiate very well....
To me that quotation is on the high side...
The contractor knew u will still reduce it that is y is given u that price ...
Reduce ALL by 30%...
Good luck...
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by chukslawrence(m): 7:00am On May 11, 2016
G
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by Adesege(m): 7:01am On May 11, 2016
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by paulasca4real(m): 7:01am On May 11, 2016
location is the major determinant of Labour and materials cost in building. as an experienced builder I will love to know the type of land, and how many decking it will carry to determine what the reinforcement will be. still provide more details for proper costing analysis.
You can contact me on: 07034709755
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by pmxpo(m): 7:01am On May 11, 2016
It also depends on the location. Another way to bargain could be.
Materials 1m (or 1.4m if u're ok)
Labour. 200k
Supervision 5%

Total 1.26m (or 1.68m at most)
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by luckman20(m): 7:01am On May 11, 2016
If the engineer handling it for you is going to use everything the poster above me said, that estimation is okay

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by OgeneUkwenu(f): 7:02am On May 11, 2016
Depends on the size and structure. Picture not clear.
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by clefstone(m): 7:02am On May 11, 2016
Ok
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by shakur4luv(m): 7:03am On May 11, 2016
150million should be manageable

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by mrspeaker: 7:04am On May 11, 2016
We cannot attestate the competence of the engineer profession as every tom, dick and harry are engineer in naija and beside their object is always money. The rate at which houses are collapsing should send a strong signal that you should be on ground when the you want to start the project. I don't want to say much. Thanks to all the Engineers who advise well on NL.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by spiralwedge(m): 7:05am On May 11, 2016
Dont start unless you have someone you can trust to monitor it. Brother, family, close friend etc

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by innie77(m): 7:06am On May 11, 2016
Good Morning OP,

The cost is fair considering the drawings,using the cheapest foundation for a storey building which is PAD and STRIP Foundation. My personal opinion the contract sum is fine

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Please Help Me With This ????? by wizkidblogger(f): 7:08am On May 11, 2016
Following

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. / How Much Will I Need To Roof This 3 Bedroom Bungalow - / Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.