Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre (30393 Views)

FG Faces Pressure To Deregulate Downstream / A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard / Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by Flets: 4:30pm On May 09, 2016
petux:
buhari see you in 2019

Don't bother, your vote wont count.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by bigdot1759(m): 4:36pm On May 09, 2016
The source is completely unacceptable. PREMIUM TIME since 1999 always against all government so tell me their correspondent dat cover the news & from which oil organization do dey got d news?
Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 09, 2016
If this government don't sell fuel at the rate of 50 naira per litter by 2019, they will definitely lose my vote and support.

One of the reasons I voted Jonathan out is the hike in petroleum prices.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by phlemzy: 4:37pm On May 09, 2016
I know fuel scarcity will happen soon again. This government has no solution to this problem. No magic involved. We will keep revolving around this same spot, not until Dangote's refinery start functioning. As for Kaduna, Warri, and portHarcourt refineries, it will still be from one turn around maintenance to another.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by bwazo6: 4:37pm On May 09, 2016
Well if d product will b available all d tym. Labour make sure ur members do not suffer.
Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by NonFarmPayrol: 4:38pm On May 09, 2016
Logician:

Are you a forex trader

yea, Y ask?
Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by obailala(m): 4:40pm On May 09, 2016
Bassee:

Buhari orders fuel to be dispensed at N86.
BUT
Marketers defy Buhari, sell above official price
https://www.thenews.ng/metro/marketers-defy-buhari-sell-petrol-above-n86-5/

It must really be difficult defending this government when you have no news from Saraki
Are you sure you read what I quoted before you quoted me?
Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 09, 2016
Zoharariel:
My greatest regret in the year 2015 was that I heard people yelling “Sai Baba” and I simply jumped on the bandwagon, not knowing I was fooling myself. grin

Dont be hard on yourself brother
Things were bad. you had no idea it will be worse
Unless of course you foresaw all this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 09, 2016
Okijajuju1:
I support..

I am already buying fuel for 120 a liter in Port harcourt.

At one point I was paying 240/ liter.

Deregulate the fhucking thing and let market forces determine the prices.
are we talking about the same marketers who hoard fuel or divert the products just to maintain scarcity? Bros forget that thing.. Corruption in petroleum sector is way to high..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by ridwanayo(m): 4:45pm On May 09, 2016
I never regret not believing in buhari,same thing they criticize gej for now they are doing it posterity would judge y'll who criticize gej for wanting to reducing oil price to1 100naira,when he wanted to reduce it to even 87naira y'll saying he was playing d galary coz of election.I could remember all those dumb nigeria musician nd garage boy tinubu singin agaisnt gej.I know God would vindicate gej

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by Dapsin2901: 4:45pm On May 09, 2016
We are in it... hey omo this na war part 2
Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by menxer: 4:47pm On May 09, 2016
When we asked for the economy to be diversified, did we factor this in?

I bet just like the gains we are now enjoying in the telecoms industry, so shall it be with petroleum products.
Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by ajebuter(f): 4:47pm On May 09, 2016
Zoharariel:
My greatest regret in the year 2015 was that I heard people yelling “Sai Baba” and I simply jumped on the bandwagon, not knowing I was fooling myself. grin

I bid you GOOD MORNING, bro.. grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by sokera: 4:48pm On May 09, 2016
MetaHuman:
If this government don't sell fuel at the rate of 50 naira per litter by 2019, they will definitely lose my vote and support.

liar you never voted Buhari ...
Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 09, 2016
sokera:
liar you never voted Buhari ...
whatever you say!
Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by ridwanayo(m): 4:49pm On May 09, 2016
MetaHuman:

Gej even wanted to reduce it to 87 but tinubu was protestin around,that's hypocrisy at its peak.they said it should be 50naira now they are in goverment they should fix in to 50naira

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by grandstar(m): 4:50pm On May 09, 2016
coldsummer:
Thank God I have my German passport. No stress

Continue to make Nigeria difficult for people to live in
fuel is far more costly there!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by deebrain(m): 4:51pm On May 09, 2016
Like i care....... i have been buying it at 140 a litre....

Rubbish!

angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by ridwanayo(m): 4:51pm On May 09, 2016
[quote author=sokera post=45463752] liar you never voted Buhari ... [/quote

I pity u,cause someone supported buahri in 2015 don't mean he should be a zombie nd nt vote him out if he doesn't deliver in 2019,baba is losing supporters with d way things are going on

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by amtaken(f): 4:53pm On May 09, 2016
Are you saying thaat Buhari never promised to make fuel price N50 per litre?

obailala:
You must have heard buhari say that in your spirit world isn't it?
Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by ajebuter(f): 4:57pm On May 09, 2016
This APC-led government is the definition of hypocrisy

And they are so because Nigerians allow them to get away with playing with our intelligence because of ethnic and religious sentiment

GEJ tried to do the same and APC incited Nigerians to start dancing naked in market squares of Ojota and Abuja

While our politicians were foaming in the mouth with arguments against the deregulation of oil sector and subsidy removal..

Now, they want to do the same and we are to accept it as our lot, because it is coming from the saintly party of PMB

So sad....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 09, 2016
ridwanayo:

Gej even wanted to reduce it to 87 but tinubu was protestin around,that's hypocrisy at its peak.they said it should be 50naira now they are in goverment they should fix in to 50naira
gej never had any good plan ... For 6years, he didn't even border to build a refinery.
Everything he did 6months to election is just to trick his way back to aso rock not that he really had any good plan for Nigeria.

Problem with petroleum will never go away unless there is functioning refinery ..

This is why I'm giving APC till 2019, if they expect me to keep buying petroleum at over 100/litter, and no plan to build refinery and continue the terrible legacy of PDP, then they should forget my vote and I'm sure i will convince a lot of people not to vote for them in my locality.
Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by Okijajuju1(m): 5:00pm On May 09, 2016
MetaHuman:
are we talking about the same marketers who hoard fuel or divert the products just to maintain scarcity? Bros forget that thing.. Corruption in petroleum sector is way to high..

Full deregulation would solve that mess once and for all..

Infact, it would totally collapse the fhuckery in the downstream sector, stop the payment of Subsidy (fraud) and create competition that would drive prices down like Diesel.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by Kingspin(m): 5:05pm On May 09, 2016
Buhari and APC working with GEJ master plan. From envelop budgeting to subsidy removal.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by Curvinus(m): 5:05pm On May 09, 2016
Dottore:
Well full deregulation means immediate hike in price and accompanying hardship for an average citizen but on the long run,

competition would make PMS to sell lower than present government approved pump price especially if more licenses to market petroleum products are issued to interest parties.

. My opinion though judging from what is seen amongst Telecommunications Operators

Competition means nothing to a product that has no substitute.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 09, 2016
Okijajuju1:

Full deregulation would solve that mess once and for all..

Infact, it would totally collapse the fhuckery in the downstream sector, stop the payment of Subsidy (fraud) and create competition that would drive prices down like Diesel.
and I'm asking how deregulation would wave magic wand and make these problems go away?

Marketers and dpr are the ones that would make deregulation work, but then how is that gonna happen with the current crop of marketers and DPR that we have right now?
Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by ajebuter(f): 5:06pm On May 09, 2016
grandstar:
fuel is far more costly there!

At least they don't queue there and you get value for your money...
Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by eodavids(m): 5:11pm On May 09, 2016
PiccoloBrunelli:

Kuku kill me! Stab me like Jon Snow!

Still waiting for PMB to tell us his tenure was a joke all along...that he really isn't the President...that Satan himself has been ruling us all this time and we didn't know it...

Pls easy on yourself. Don't over react, rather be aesy on your good self
Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 09, 2016
NonFarmPayrol:

yea, Y ask?

Nothing. Your moniker reminds me every last friday.... grin
Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by Okijajuju1(m): 5:12pm On May 09, 2016
MetaHuman:
and I'm asking how deregulation would wave magic wand and make these problems go away?

Marketers and dpr are the ones that would make deregulation work, but then how is that gonna happen with the current crop of marketers and DPR that we have right now?

De-regulate = Removal of regulations

DPR would no longer be checking Prices, allocation and all that fhuckery. All they will be bothered with is quality checks at the ports.

Marketers would be free to set a mark-up on their products and sell.

No more Subsidy regime which had alot of room for corruption.

Marketers will not have the need to hoard products to cause artificial scarcity that drives prices up.

If it worked with Diesel (forcing down the price of Diesel from 165 Naira per liter to 125 - 135 per liter).. It will work with PMS.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by ancientbanana: 5:13pm On May 09, 2016
DELTA STATE 1454hrs: Violent clash ongoing between Fulani herdsmen and residents of Okoh Community in Oshimili South local Government Area. Staff advised to avoid area for now.
Security

Nnamdi Kanu spoke of it all.
Re: Nigeria Set To Fully Deregulate Downstream, Petrol To Sell For Over N100 A Litre by kay4dem(m): 5:15pm On May 09, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attacks Troops In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, 3 Vigilantes, 1 CJTF / Ayiri Emami Pictured With Dangote & Oshiomhole At Eko Hotel In Lagos / Lagos Task Force, Okada Riders Clash In Idi Araba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.