Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,186 members, 7,811,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace (2190 Views)

Checkout Avengers List Conditions For Dialogue With FG / Niger Delta Avengers list conditions for peace talk / Niger Delta Avengers List Out Terms And Condition For Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace by Dimejidude(m): 10:40pm On May 09, 2016
The Niger Delta Avengers have become
a force to reckon with.Within few weeks of their existence,they have caused serious havoc to the Nigerian economy by blowing up major pipelines owned by foreign oil
companies

The group has now listed its conditions
for peace following appeals from prominent Nigerians,notable organisations and pressure groups appealing to them to lay down their arms, the Niger Delta Avengers has listed their
conditions for peace in the Niger Delta region.

In an email sent to select journalists, the
group indicated its readiness to lay down
their arms if their conditions are met by the
Muhammadu Buhari administration.

NAIJ.com lists the 10 major demands of the
group.

Read below:
1. The immediate implementation of the
report of the 2014 National Conference
report, failure of Nigeria will forcefully break-
up.

2. President Buhari, the director-general of
the State Secret Service and the All
Progressives Congress (APC) candidate in
Bayelsa state, Timipre Sylva should apologize
to the people of the Niger Delta region and
family of Late Chief DSP Alamieyesegha for
killing him with intimidation and harassment
because of his party affiliation.

3. The ownership of oil blocks in Nigeria must
reflect 60% for the oil producing people and
40% for the non-oil producing people.

4. The only Nigerian Maritime University sited
in the most appropriate and befitting place –
Okerenkoko in Delta state, must start the
2015/2016 academic session immediately.

5. The minister of transportation, Rotimi
Amechi should apologize to the Ijaws and the
entire Niger Delta people for his careless and
reckless statement about the citing of the
University in Okerenko.

6. Ogoniland and and all oil polluted lands in
the Niger Delta must be cleaned up, while
compensation should be paid to all oil
producing communities.

7. Radio Biafra director and Independent
Peoples of Biafra leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu,
should be released unconditionally.

8. The Niger Delta Amnesty programme must
be well funded and allowed to continue to run
effectively.

9. All APC members indicted for corruption
should be made to face trial like their
counterparts in the Peoples Democratic Party.

10. All oil multi-nationals and foreign investors
should observe this demands, as their
business interest in the country will be first
targeted.

Meanwhile, former militant leader, Chief
Government Ekpemupolo popularly known as
Tompolo had denied that he was responsible
for pipeline bombings in the Niger Delta
region.

In an open letter addressed to President
Buhari, Tompolo had stated that he was not a
member of Niger Delta Avengers.

https://www.naij.com/824855-list-10-conditions-niger-delta-avengers-gave-buhari-truce.html?source=article_readnext

Cc lalasticlala mynd44

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace by chido20(m): 10:42pm On May 09, 2016
is the oil that is making us one nigeria.

if dia was no oil nigerian would have been divided long tym ago Bt becuz nigeria have no other internal revenue dy keep forcing us to be one.......

zombies Will quote ipob......

6 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace by Luckylife(m): 10:44pm On May 09, 2016
We really need peace for Nigeria to work . Is all this demand feasible? Those in support click like while against click share. In war there are casualties and damages, while peace is win win for both, depending on who fly pitch on his scrotum .

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace by kodded(m): 10:44pm On May 09, 2016

undecided undecided

I thought omenka said that they wanted buhari the dulllard to resign
undecided

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace by Akkord4gov: 10:53pm On May 09, 2016
See my country,where any psychopaths can just create a group to cause havoc that will directly or indirectly affect their own family too and later start giving condition for peace.

Who am I to blame,the failed government or the irrational behaviour of the group or the illogical support they receive from their people because of tribalism?

I am confused and at d same time angry that I found myself in this kind of topsy-turvy condition

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace by 9ja4live: 11:03pm On May 09, 2016
If this are truly the demands of this group then they are truly better than boko harm, human and have very negotiable deals. There is no need for military in this business. It calls for wide and deep diplomatic intelligence to be put in place to manage the crisis.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace by Jaraworldsms(m): 11:09pm On May 09, 2016
This Men should allow Nigeria to be in peace please

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace by Dannyset(m): 11:18pm On May 09, 2016
Childlike write up!
Even a primary school pupil won't write and request for things like this. Some people will just concocts and write with their head upside down.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 09, 2016
These demands are fairly reasonable and can be met easily. Federal government should negotiate sharp sharp!

We should be happy they have demands not some that bomb and kill people left and right with no demands!

N0.9 demand is very funny....PDP will love that demand!

6 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace by DaBullIT(m): 6:56am On May 10, 2016
Those saying the demands are reasonable are themselves quite unreasonable

Terrorists don't call the shot in Nigeria , the Constitution does

I support war on terrorism , be it Hausa made, fulani made or Ibo made

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace by ziccoit: 7:10am On May 10, 2016
Dimejidude:
2. President Buhari, the director-general of the State Secret Service and the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate in Bayelsa state, Timipre Sylva should apologize to the people of the Niger Delta region and family of Late Chief DSP Alamieyesegha for killing him with intimidation and harassment because of his party affiliation

Dimejidude:

9. All APC members indicted for corruption should be made to face trial like their counterparts in the Peoples Democratic Party.

On reading the above will show you the real people behind this sabotage and the types of people and group sponsoring them. We told the Niger Deltans that the avengers are not what they really called themselves but opportunistists trying to hide behind the veil of emancipation to play their politics.

Niger Deltans avengers= IPOB= TAN = PDP!

QED.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace by SleekAboki: 7:13am On May 10, 2016
How did The Avengers-Warriors of justice miss out El zakzaky name and justice for the massacred Shiites?

The Nigerian state in the strict-sense of it with its Efcc,Dss and military are the real terrorists of the Nigerian people and every patriotic Nigerian that seeks justice and truth MUST align with the Avengers. Although violence shouldn't be a means in demanding for justice but,that's the only language that gets the attention of the rogue government.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace by Tolexander: 7:16am On May 10, 2016
Read below:
1. The immediate implementation of the
report of the 2014 National Conference
report, failure of Nigeria will forcefully break-
up.
many of them may not even know the content of the report of the National Conference.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace by TheNonce: 7:19am On May 10, 2016
undecided

See demands abeg? Make dem hold on, burutai go soon come with the revised list!

Confused south south creek dwelling chimpanzees
Re: Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace by SleekAboki: 7:25am On May 10, 2016
9ja4live:
If this are truly the demands of this group then they are truly better than boko harm, human and have very negotiable deals. There is no need for military in this business. It calls for wide and deep diplomatic intelligence to be put in place to manage the crisis.
It's as straight forward as that.Buhari must humble his rigid self and come to the roundtable.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace by SleekAboki: 7:28am On May 10, 2016
Uduak2019:
These demands are fairly reasonable and can be met easily. Federal government should negotiate sharp sharp!

We should be happy they have demands not some that bomb and kill people left and right with no demands!

N0.9 demand is very funny....PDP will love that demand!
Buhari just granted amnesty to boko harem members so must come to the roundtable and negotiate.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace by erusen: 7:33am On May 10, 2016
Akkord4gov:
See my country,where any psychopaths can just create a group to cause havoc that will directly or indirectly affect their own family too and later start giving condition for peace.

Who am I to blame,the failed government or the irrational behaviour of the group or the illogical support they receive from their people because of tribalism?

I am confused and at d same time angry that I found myself in this kind of topsy-turvy condition
there is nothing tribalistic about their demands

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace by erusen: 7:36am On May 10, 2016
DaBullIT:
Those saying the demands are reasonable are themselves quite unreasonable

I support war on terrorism , be it Hausa made, fulani made or Ibo made
shut up,by the time they are done with our economy you will start queing for salt,which terrorist?, abeg make we hear word, na your papa get oil for Delta state?.which demand there don't lay citizens make in Nigeria every day

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace by whirlwind7(m): 7:55am On May 10, 2016
Re: Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace by flowgroup(m): 7:57am On May 10, 2016
chido20:
is the oil that is making us one nigeria.

if dia was no oil nigerian would have been divided long tym ago Bt becuz nigeria have no other internal revenue dy keep forcing us to be one.......

zombies Will quote ipob......

My friend shut your trash when was oil discovered in Nigeria and when was Nigeria amalgamated as a matter of fact oil has been the bane on the development of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace by googlepikins: 8:05am On May 10, 2016
The zoo must fall. Period!!

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace by whirlwind7(m): 8:11am On May 10, 2016
DaBullIT:

Do you actually believe these words you typed?
Every reasonable being has long realized that the constitution is no longer worth the paper it was written on, no thanks to the president who has disregarded court rulings to suit himself.
It remains to be seen who are the people behind the Niger Delta Avengers. But it seem the only way to make the government take you serious is to cause major damage, be it on life or property. Such a pity it has come to this.

In democracy, power belongs to the people. But the sort of democracy in black countries is such that political leaders wield extreme powers that are difficult to put in check. I can count at least three impeachable offenses Bubu has committed within his short stay in office. As it is, the house of assembly and the judiciary all collectively turn to kittens wherever the presidency is involved.
Nothing works in this country anymore. Nothing is going to work, except there is a total overhaul. The group asking for implementation of the 2014 National Conference report is quite commendable. Its about the only demand of theirs I wholeheartedly agree with.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace by darkenkach(m): 8:24am On May 10, 2016
You see. What's Boko Haram fighting for?

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace by Pheals(f): 8:51am On May 10, 2016
Useless people !!! ... What should I say !! First class illetracy
Re: Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace by 9ja4live: 9:25am On May 10, 2016
Okey for all those saying Niger Delta Avengers are mad and stupid, try to be the only person in your family who feeds everybody even when your are sick. You are the only one especially as a woman (wife (minority)) who pays the children school fees, wash your husband cloths, wash plates for inlaws when they around, sweep the compand and yet when you cry the whole family calls you wicked and insensitive. All you said was the family should sit down together and assign responsibility to each person. They said you are mad. You decide to take laws into your hands and broke the cooking pot, they said its your plan to kill the whole family(terrorist).
Hummmmmm the major issue that has kept this country this way and will keep the country same way in the next 50 years is COMMON SENSE.

No advance nation practice this type of federation especially as it consigns resource control. E.g USA, Canada, Britain, Norway, Holland ETC.

We are only one Nigeria because of Northern Nigeria. If they had oil, sea ports and grass, We would have long time been divided or rather never would have been one Nigeria in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace by hardcorevin(m): 9:56am On May 10, 2016
As they campaign vigorously for elections, you would think, they are coming to grow the economy, enthrone justice, breed unity and tolerance, love for one another. No, they are coming to enthrone Hausa Fulani supremacy, to reposition the security agencies by sacking all competent hands and replace them with their kinsmen in order to drive their ethnic domination of the south, the Fulani herdsmen will be armed and encouraged to slaughter us with impurity and their masters will protect them. They are coming to ensure that my people are enslaved forever. Those who do not believe me will soon see it happen before their eyes....Nnamdi Kanu.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace by Nobody: 10:48am On May 10, 2016
Jaraworldsms:
This Men should allow Nigeria to be in peace please

Which peace? boko or fulani cows

long live
Re: Niger Delta Avengers List Conditions For Peace by chido20(m): 10:57am On May 10, 2016
flowgroup:

My friend shut your trash when was oil discovered in Nigeria and when was Nigeria amalgamated as a matter of fact oil has been the bane on the development of Nigeria.
like I said zombies will quote

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Chevron Suffers Another Attack From Niger Delta Avengers / What Is The Meaning Of Osu / Buhari To Run For Second Term In 2019, Presidency Confirms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.