Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

What Is The Meaning Of Osu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Meaning Of Osu (2217 Views)

What Is The Full Meaning Of EFCC? See Hilarious Answers / What Is The Meaning Of Osu? / The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Meaning Of Osu by devilson(m): 11:00am On Oct 03, 2016
I know the meaning of wailer Nd zombie word used on people on nairaland.
but osu is what I don't understand

nairalanders What is the meaning of OSU
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Osu by Paulpaulpaul(m): 11:06am On Oct 03, 2016
devilson:

son of devil, get away

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Osu by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:15am On Oct 03, 2016
i'm so tired of all theses Afonja and Osu ish going on here on Nairaland....

Yes i'm igbo no doubt, but i think its time we stop all these igbo and yoruba internet war here..

We should all come together as intelligent Southerners that we are....

Well i don't blame the Yorubas for opening this thread after the previous thread i saw here about "Afonja"

Goodluck to you all that want to start the normal ethnic bashing here...

Who Ethnic bashing/Insults Epp? Does it bring income? No. Does it give you a Masters Degree? No. Does it give you an emplyment letter? No

Good Morning

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Osu by jeffronald19(m): 11:16am On Oct 03, 2016
According to history books, the expression “Osu” first appeared in the Officers Academy of the Imperial Japanese Navy, in the early 20th century.
In a lot of Karate schools, and even some BJJ / MMA gyms, the term “Osu!” seems to mean everything and anything – including: “hi”, “hello”, “goodbye”, “okay”, “thanks”, “excuse me”, “hey there”, “come here”, “go there”, “what’s up”, “look at me”, “do it this way”, “that way”, “do you understand?”, “I understand” and “train harder”.

It is the ultimate utility word for many martial artists

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Osu by sarrki(m): 11:16am On Oct 03, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
i'm so tired of all theses Afonja and Osu ish going on here on Nairaland....

Yes i'm igbo no doubt, but i think its time we stop all these igbo and yoruba internet war here..

We should all come together as intelligent Southerners that we are....

Well i don't blame the Yorubas for opening this thread after the previous thread i saw here about "Afonja"

Goodluck to you all that want to start the normal ethnic bashing here...

Who Ethnic bashing/Insults Epp? Does it bring income? No. Does it give you a Masters Degree? No. Does it give you an emplyment letter? No

Good Morning

Morning bro

Still observing though
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Osu by olaitoro(m): 11:21am On Oct 03, 2016
devilson:

OSU is a name given to anybody or person from Osun state.

eg Engr Rauf Aregbesola is a proud Osu.

Someone from Nigeria is called a Nigerian.

someone from britain is called a british or briton.

thus someone from OSUN state is called an Osu.

check wikipedia for more.

shalom

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Osu by Balkan(m): 11:23am On Oct 03, 2016
Osu= Afonja. Slaves to Fulani

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Osu by CandyDiamond(f): 11:36am On Oct 03, 2016
[/b]Igbo meaning[b], OSU is somebody that is special or very good in what he is doing, that is why Igbo answer Osuji meaning somebody that is good in farming yam, some answer Osunwa meaning that the person is good in fathering children, some answer only OSU meaning good in everything like Bravely OSU.
Then in the old days in Igbo land migrant that migrated from a place to another place as a result of war,commiting abomination and running away,wandering, famine are regarded as OSU to segregate them from the original inhabitants also someone that run to Oracle to seek for protection is regarded as OSU in olden days which make him or her a special being and untouchable to avoid the rat of Oracle

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Osu by olaitoro(m): 11:46am On Oct 03, 2016
Balkan:
Osu= Afonja. Slaves to Fulani
Osu are yorubas from Osun state.
simple and short, any other definition is fallacy.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Osu by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:03pm On Oct 03, 2016
CandyDiamond:
[/b]Igbo meaning[b], OSU is somebody that is special or very good in what he is doing, that is why Igbo answer Osuji meaning somebody that is good in farming yam, some answer Osunwa meaning that the person is good in fathering children, some answer only OSU meaning good in everything like Bravely OSU.
Then in the old days in Igbo land migrant that migrated from a place to another place as a result of war,commiting abomination and running away,wandering, famine are regarded as OSU to segregate them from the original inhabitants also someone that run to Oracle to seek for protection is regarded as OSU in olden days which make him or her a special being and untouchable to avoid the rat of Oracle

This definintion tho grin.... One Love

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Osu by devilson(m): 1:50pm On Oct 03, 2016
olaitoro:

OSU is a name given to anybody or person from Osun state.

eg Engr Rauf Aregbesola is a proud Osu.

Someone from Nigeria is called a Nigerian.

someone from britain is called a british or briton.

thus someone from OSUN state is called an Osu.

check wikipedia for more.

shalom
no need for all this lies osu are descendant of nri who are low class to the nri descendent in anambra.anambra igbo are the free born while ebonyi nd imo are osu slaves.osu caste system is practiced strictly in s.east.u see osu shouting on nairaland how there uncle shoekudi bought 70% abj Nd 90% of Lagos meanwhile shoekudi sleeps under bridge nd he doesn't even own just a common hut in red-mud republic

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Osu by olaitoro(m): 6:20pm On Oct 03, 2016
devilson:
no need for all this lies osu are descendant of nri who are low class to the nri descendent in anambra.anambra igbo are the free born while ebonyi nd imo are osu slaves.osu caste system is practiced strictly in s.east.u see osu shouting on nairaland how there uncle shoekudi bought 70% abj Nd 90% of Lagos meanwhile shoekudi sleeps under bridge nd he doesn't even own just a common hut in red-mud republic

op, you have an osu right here. His name is Tajudeen Olukayode Omisore, he is from osun state thus an osu.

from his comment you will know he is an osu.

op, any further question should be directed to him.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Osu by thedarkside: 6:46pm On Oct 03, 2016
osu means half-half...for example: father igbo,mother yoruba=osu...its senseless...

whatever...

(1) (Reply)

Election Tribunal Paste Copy Of PDP Election Petition At APC Secretariat,Edo(pix / Don't Let them Kill me Kanu Begs Trump For Help / The Virtue Of Tolerance Of The Igbo People...what The Other Tribe Lacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.