Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors (18536 Views)

Kano APC Crisis: Buhari Summons Ganduje, Kwankwaso To Aso-rock / "Pay Your Workers", Buhari Tells Governors / Fulani Crisis: Buhari Meeting With Governors, See Who Is Absent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by ancientbanana: 3:34pm On May 10, 2016
kodded:

undecided undecided

hahaha so now it is the responsibility of the governor's to find a lasting solution to his brothers killing innocent farmers

but it is his responsibility to crush any one that want to tamper with niger delta oil

what a dulllard
undecided undecided

u don c am Na. D guy na real olodo
Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by Goke7: 3:34pm On May 10, 2016
derecho:
Which people came up with that report and under whose watch?That was his recommendation then.Can't people disagree and also recommend theirs?So many things have been phased out already,this one too is obviously a no-brainer.
Secondly,pushing it to state governors is to engender enmity btw those who will object to it and the fulanis. He ,through his statement,has shown he supports the grazing reserve bill.
Again,why doesnt he let governors decide on other security issues like state police?This stance further divide us as a people.
is he forcing his recommendation on the Governors? No, he can't. The Governors can come up with theirs, you guys are just over blowing the issues, he is only making suggestions and telling them efforts being made in the past and that's why he is asking the Governors to find solutions.
Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by MasterofNL: 3:37pm On May 10, 2016
omenka:
[s]Everytime you people mention me to comment on this issue, you end up proving what my suspicion and that of most other folks with an ability to look beyond the surface dressings of the issue is- that something has gone dangerously wrong with your minds and it appears it would bee impossible to fix it.

Can you show me one place Fulani was mentioned?? You see where you people's sickness lies??

You see, that is what unmitigated hatred does, it screws up your mind so badly you start hallucinating even without knowing it.

Stop obsessing over me kid. You are too damn unintelligent for my liking.

And tell your friends to stop sending me idiotic PMs. It is irritating.

Thanks.[/s]

Fulanis are the only normadic herdsmen we know in this country.

What other tribe goes around with cattle from place to place?

Are they Yoruba, Igbo or Efik herdsmen?

Damnn!!

You are the very unintelligent one here not me.

Go get some quality education and stop disgracing yourself all over nairaland.

Fula people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fula_people
The Fula people or Fulani or Fulɓe numbering approximately 20 million people in total are one .... The semi-nomadic Fulani can either be Fulɓe families who happen to settle down temporarily at particular times of the year, or Fulɓe families who ..... Long ago Fulani tribes and clans used to fight over cattle and grazing rights.
‎Names - ‎Geographic distribution - ‎Related groups and caste system - ‎Culture
Engaging the nomadic Fulani in Nigeria | Mission Africa
www.missionafrica.org.uk/.../14/engaging-the-nomadic-fulani-in-nigeria
At the same time, they are one of the world's biggest unengaged tribal groups. The Fulani have a long history as nomadic cattle herdsmen, always in search of ...
Analysis: The deadly influx of Fulani herdsmen in Nigeria ▷ NAIJ.COM
www.naij.com › Featured news
27 Apr 2016 - Fulani herdsmen, nomadic cattle grazers, have been named one of the ... a tribe of over 20 million people, 70 per cent of whom are nomadic ...

1 Like

Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by MasterofNL: 3:41pm On May 10, 2016
Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by Funnystar(m): 3:46pm On May 10, 2016
HELL NO TO GRAZING RESERVE!

Cattle rearing is a business that doesn't generate money for the state, nation or even the grazing communities. Its a private business and such those involved in this business for pay for the services.

Our brothers have shops in the north, those shops were not given to then free of charge, they paid for them. Instead of grazing reserves, let every state have cattle ranches.

OR BETTER STILL Let them use SAMBISA Forest!
zik4ever:
President Muhammadu Buhari has challenged state governors to find lasting solutions to the persistent cases of farmers/herdsmen crisis in the country.

The president gave the challenge at an interactive session with members of Katsina Elders’ Forum organised by the Katsina State Government in Katsina.

He tasked the governors to go back to a comprehensive study and report carried out by the defunct Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) on how best to address farmers/herdsmen conflicts.

“When I was in PTF we did a comprehensive report on grazing reserves and cattle routes across the country.

“Grazing reserves were carved out; cattle routes were marked out, dams, water and veterinary clinics were also established with the help of our leaders, traditional and district heads at that time.

“Any herdsman, who allowed his cattle to destroy farm land then, was fined and when he fails to pay, his cattle would be sold to pay the fine, and if there are monies remaining from the sale it would be handed over to him.

“But, now what do we see. The grazing reserves and the routes had been taken over by the rich and politicians,” he said.

According to the president, the disappearance of the grazing reserves and the cattle routes has been causal factor for the persistent conflicts between farmers and herdsmen across the country.

He said he had already directed the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and the Governors’ Forum to study the PTF Report with a view to addressing the menace.

In his contribution at the parley, Alhaji Isa Funtua, a member of the Katsina Elders’ Forum, called for the establishment of vocational training centres in the three senatorial districts of the state.

He said the centres, when operational, would address the problem of delinquencies and unemployment among the young population in the state.

Funtua expressed his readiness to partner with the state government in establishing such training centres.

Other speakers at the event commended the foresight and vision of Gov. Aminu Masari for organising the Katsina Business and Investment Summit aimed at attracting investors into the state.

NAN reports that a Presidential Dinner in honour of President Muhammadu Buhari was also hosted by the Katsina state government.
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/05/10/find-solutions-to-farmersherdsmen-crisis-buhari-tells-governors/
Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by Badgers14: 3:46pm On May 10, 2016
titiakins:
UYour people won't get one land from the south even if he signs the God-forsaken bill
Maybe that will be the last straw that finally breaks the country

Rubbish

What is this one saying angry angry for your info... I am full bloodied igbo and I am not shy being Igbo... I am just shy of politicians from the East..

You see, here is the problem, why do you think Ekweremadu will draft a bill that will encourage the herdsman to drive their cattle around the country with impunity "Perhaps" he doesn't have the intetest of his people at heart .
Have you being to the so called international airport at his home state Enugu I will save you a trip, that's rubbish... Airport that gets flooded with a slight rainfall, no shuttle... Infact don't get me started there angry angry
Drafting a bill like a suggested would have been a bill requiring the herdsmen to treat their cattle rearing as a business venture which it is because those communities that they ransacked are not shareholders in the business... The herdsman should build a farm settlement so their cattles would graze in "their" farm.... Cattles rooming the streets is even a public safety concern , an eyesore...

So ma guy, read a post very well before responding, okay grin
Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by abbey621(m): 3:46pm On May 10, 2016
lezz:
[/s]

Mister, SHUT UP!!!! What's the correlation between other security outfit and the police here?

I'm talking about the structural composition of the Nigeria police system.

A state commissioner of police will take orders from the IG before the governor of his state.

Matter of fucking fact, commissioners of police aren't directly under their governors. Fact!!!

The idea of weak governor and strong governor is unknown to bureaucracy and law.

Blame it on the weak structure of the federalism we practice. But the truth is the NIGERIA police is a single unit of command and it doesn't branch off to the governor's prerogative.

Bureaucracy and law? Your ignorance is almost amusing! I'm not arguing with you that the police and other armed forces are controlled by the Federal government but what I argue with is your believe that a State Governor does not have a say in the efficiency of the police or security forces in his or her state. This is 9ja and law is often misinterpreted so I can excuse your ignorance but if you paid much more attention to history than laws, you would clearly see evidence of my dispute:

E.g- Tinubu vs OBJ
Ameachi vs Jonathan
Fashola vs Jonathan

Once again I'm not arguing with you on the fact that the Federal government controls the police, I'm arguing on the extent of that control. You make it seem like Buhari can just order the police to assassinate any State Governor at his will!!!!!!!!
Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by Nnabugwu8590: 3:53pm On May 10, 2016
prinsam30:

No Sir I don't have any idea of ur question

what my statement meant was that, u don't have to cry out loud before u can respond to a situation.

A Philosopher will tell u

"Pay Much Attention and Act With Wisdom To Speak"

The exclusive list made the governor/s to cry out loud before taking action.
Take what happened in 25 April, 2016 at Uzo Uwana in Enugu as a case study.
As far as democracy is concerned, you apply wisdom in where it is allowed to function whereas where it is not allowed to function, don't force it to function
Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by Badgers14: 3:55pm On May 10, 2016
neocortex:

Here we go again, the present stated his position on Cattle herding and all
you can come up with is blame some people.
Is herdsmen problem peculiar to a particular region ?
SMH.

Read the post very well before responding angry angry

If Buhari issues an order now they would call him a dictator grin

Whether you like it or not, the problem with SE are there leaders, they don't give a $hit about their people..
What prevents Ekweremadu in drafting a bill for cattle rearing be treated as a business, for the herdsmen to build their own farm like PMB did in Daura and graze their cattle in their own farm..

These communities they ransack are not shareholders in their business so why should they contribute to the feeding of their livestock
Nevertheless, cattles rooming the streets is a public safety concern, an eyesore angry angry

But again, what have Ekweremadu done for his people using his position NOTHING angry angry

Say the truth ma brother, it will set you free grin
Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by lezz(m): 4:01pm On May 10, 2016
abbey621:

Bureaucracy and law? Your ignorance is almost amusing! I'm not arguing with you that the police and other armed forces are controlled by the Federal government but what I argue with is your believe that a State Governor does not have a say in the efficiency of the police or security forces in his or her state. This is 9ja and law is often misinterpreted so I can excuse your ignorance but if you paid much more attention to history than laws, you would clearly see evidence of my dispute:

E.g- Tinubu vs OBJ
Ameachi vs Jonathan
Fashola vs Jonathan

Once again I'm not arguing with you on the fact that the Federal government controls the police, I'm arguing on the extent of that control. You make it seem like Buhari can just order the police to assassinate any State Governor at his will!!!!!!!!

Dear son of analphabetismus, why do you backtrack when your folly and nescience stare you in the face?

Navel-gazing quack of interrupted education!!!

Isn't what I emboldened in your post what I have been saying? The police take orders from central command. The chain of command is unbroken!!! Wasn't it why the governors are clamouring for state police?

You boneheaded doofus. Who ever mentioned efficacy or efficiency in running the police force!!! Scatterbrained half-wit!!!

Ode, learn this today and chalk it down somewhere.

The Nigeria police runs a central chain of command.

And like I said in my original post: "The police do NOT NECESSARILY TAKE ORDERS FROM THE STATE GOVERNORS DURING CLASHES"

Is this not what you've been going round trying to relay?

Your stupidity needs professional management.

Olodo lecturer!!!

Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by gidjah(m): 4:06pm On May 10, 2016
redcucumba:
so what will you now be doing ___ Oga buhari
how true can this. Be ?,u witnessw in the. House??
Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by prinsam30: 4:09pm On May 10, 2016
Nnabugwu8590:

The exclusive list made the governor/s to cry out loud before taking action.
Take what happened in 25 April, 2016 at Uzo Uwana in Enugu as a case study.
As far as democracy is concerned, you apply wisdom in where it is allowed to function whereas where it is not allowed to function, don't force it to function

well said Sir but it's quite unfortunate that democracy is practiced differently in Africa compare to other developed countries.

we have a system glitch in Africa, everything has to be manual, I don't know if this is the fault of our leaders or Africa is just meant to be so.

but I'm very much convinced that one day we shall get there, it's just the matter of getting the right leaders at the right time to get us in the right direction
Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by neocortex: 4:11pm On May 10, 2016
Badgers14:

Read the post very well before responding angry angry

If Buhari issues an order now they would call him a dictator grin

Whether you like it or not, the problem with SE are there leaders, they don't give a $hit about their people..
What prevents Ekweremadu in drafting a bill for cattle rearing be treated as a business, for the herdsmen to build their own farm like PMB did in Daura and graze their cattle in their own farm..

These communities they ransack are not shareholders in their business so why should they contribute to the feeding of their livestock
Nevertheless, cattles rooming the streets is a public safety concern, an eyesore angry angry

But again, what have Ekweremadu done for his people using his position NOTHING angry angry

Say the truth ma brother, it will set you free grin

I give up!,
Buhari advised Nigerian Governors the herdsmen and farmers clashes, you changed
the discussion to "the problem with SE is their leader" , tell me how the two correlate ?
Are you saying that herdsmen exist only in SE and other regions have no problem with herdsmen ?
Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by titiakins: 4:12pm On May 10, 2016
Badgers14:

What is this one saying angry angry for your info... I am full bloodied igbo and I am not shy being Igbo... I am just shy of politicians from the East..

You see, here is the problem, why do you think Ekweremadu will draft a bill that will encourage the herdsman to drive their cattle around the country with impunity "Perhaps" he doesn't have the intetest of his people at heart .
Have you being to the so called international airport at his home state Enugu I will save you a trip, that's rubbish... Airport that gets flooded with a slight rainfall, no shuttle... Infact don't get me started there angry angry
Drafting a bill like a suggested would have been a bill requiring the herdsmen to treat their cattle rearing as a business venture which it is because those communities that they ransacked are not shareholders in the business... The herdsman should build a farm settlement so their cattles would graze in "their" farm.... Cattles rooming the streets is even a public safety concern , an eyesore...

So ma guy, read a post very well before responding, okay grin
nor vex abeg
I no check am well
Na vex I take reply you
Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by abbey621(m): 4:14pm On May 10, 2016
lezz:

Dear son of [b]analphabetismus, why do you backtrack when your folly and[b] nescience [/b]stare you in the face?

Navel-gazing quack of interrupted education!!!

Isn't what I emboldened in your post what I have been saying? The police take orders from central command. The chain of command is unbroken!!! Wasn't it why the governors are clamouring for state police?

You boneheaded doofus. Who ever mentioned efficacy or efficiency in running the police force!!! Scatterbrained half-wit!!!

Ode, learn this today and chalk it down somewhere.

The Nigeria police runs a central chain of command.

And like I said in my original post: "The police do NOT NECESSARILY TAKE ORDERS FROM THE STATE GOVERNORS DURING CLASHES"

Is this not what you've been going round trying to relay?

Your stupidity needs professional management.

Olodo lecturer!!!

[/b]

This is why I don't argue with kids on Nairaland, you even went out of your way to write down words you do not know the meaning of, kudos! Anyways you are entitled to write jargons on social media and exhibit your ignorance/stupidity any way you feel like, it is your right my friend it is your right grin grin grin
Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by Baroba(m): 4:23pm On May 10, 2016
cktheluckyman:
This man is an irredeemable bigot!! advocating for grazing reserves even in this modern era where nomadic cattle rearing has been outdated.Lalasticlala please come and see.

cc Tonyebarcanista,PointB,Beremx

How on earth did we end up with Buhari, the younger generation should have asked their parents what sort of dictator this man was back in 84..

Imagine if other ethnic groups start requesting trading reserves in Nigeria for their private businesses.. If you want a ' reserve' buy your own freaking land!!.. Una go find out who una voted soon, some of us remember this bigot well well, most especially when he was in control of PDF..
Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by lezz(m): 4:28pm On May 10, 2016
abbey621:

This is why I don't argue with kids on Nairaland, you even went out of your way to write down words you do not know the meaning of, kudos! Anyways you are entitled to write jargons on social media and exhibit your ignorance/stupidity any way you feel like, it is your right my friend it is your right grin grin grin

Let me start with your emboldened words.

*Analphabetismus is German for illiteracy.

* Navel-gazing is a self-conceited and self-absorbed idiøt of whom you're the chief!

* Clamour is to utter or proclaim insistently

* A doofus is one with poor judgement. You've exemplified that here.

* scatterbrained person is one without discretion.

* half-wit is same as a doofus, a dimwit.

Listen close, we're worlds apart .

Nairaland is the only excuse I cross path with a mongoloid with a chronic dyslexia like you.

You have once again displayed your epileptic literary prosody in front of the world's billboard: nairaland.

Shoo off now!!!

***modified***

See how slow-witted you are!!! You've edited your post just before my reply hit the servers!!!

But I did a screengrab!!!

Hate me!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3699488_screenshot20160510162935_jpegf698a45b5a1a793af2e45be7ef1ed839
Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by abbey621(m): 4:51pm On May 10, 2016
lezz:

Let me start with your emboldened words.

*Analphabetismus is German for illiteracy.

* Navel-gazing is a self-conceited and self-absorbed idiøt of whom you're the chief!

* Clamour is to utter or proclaim insistently

* A doofus is one with poor judgement. You've exemplified that here.

* scatterbrained person is one without discretion.

* half-wit is same as a doofus, a dimwit.

Listen close, we're world's apart .

Nairaland is the only excuse I cross path with a mongoloid with a chronic dyslexia like you.

You have once again displayed your epileptic literary prosody in front of the world's billboard: nairaland.

Shoo off now!!!

***modified***

See how slow-witted you are!!! You've edited your post just before my reply hit the servers!!!

But I did a screengrab!!!

Hate me!!!

Another show of pure stupidity! Do you think it's by fancy words or calling people all sorts of names? My guy you are insignificant to my daily pursuits and just a speck of dust in the path I've forged over the years grin grin grin See how easy it is to use simple yet damaging words? I don't need words of German origin or words written contextually incorrect to show intelligence! Now listen I'm sure you are used to overwhelming people here on Nairaland with your insults but this guy here can never be fazed by the likes of you. Just so you know how insignificant you are, I've attached some of your quotes here on Nairaland which shows your repetitive and obsessive impulse to reign insults on anyone who challenges you, my friend stop being an e-tout and get a life:

lezz:

She wants me to fück every last vestige of Muslim tenets off her soul but she doesn't know how to express it.

She stalks me from thread to thread with 9 different monikers.

How do I start to UnCloth a hijab-wearing nanny-goat with the stench of a blocked gutter?

She doesn't shave. Her pussay hair has trailed her vagina corridors to her anus.

She washes only her face leaving her private parts with the stench of a rotting fish.

lezz:

Your degenerate father walked through life unable to pay his dues that's why you are born with a chronic mental disorder , the IQ of a 7year old and extreem emotional mismanagement with the rage of swindled prostitutë

Recalcitrant _idiot, go tell your _retarded father you found someone online who made him look like the derisory Buffoon he is for producing a nanny-goat whose self-loathing can't make her wear her sanitary pad properly.

Transudatory hag.

lezz:
you're suffering from national identity crisis which is evident in your raging posts.

You're one of those little minded people who believes she knows more than everyone.

You lack polish and character and come off as bitter and vengeful. Mugu american wannabe.

You're a disgrace. A self-righteous slut.
Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by derecho(m): 4:53pm On May 10, 2016
My friend,the buck stops at his table.Secondly,it borders on National security.Thirdly,you don't make such statements if truly you need the input of the governors.It's a case of bami na omo mi Ko de'nu olomo. Bearing in mind he's fulani.
Goke7:

is he forcing his recommendation on the Governors? No, he can't. The Governors can come up with theirs, you guys are just over blowing the issues, he is only making suggestions and telling them efforts being made in the past and that's why he is asking the Governors to find solutions.
Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by Henryadaku(m): 5:12pm On May 10, 2016
kodded:

undecided undecided

hahaha so now it is the responsibility of the governor's to find a lasting solution to his brothers killing innocent farmers

but it is his responsibility to crush any one that want to tamper with niger delta oil

what a dulllard
undecided undecided

Dickhead abeg wetin be the work of the governors for there state abeg tell me?....stupid fool that's the problem with silly twarts like you...you just wake up and when you hear of one unrest in the country you jump and shout buhari......haba try get sense and stop saying shiit
Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by Goke7: 5:54pm On May 10, 2016
derecho:
My friend,the buck stops at his table.Secondly,it borders on National security.Thirdly,you don't make such statements if truly you need the input of the governors.It's a case of bami na omo mi Ko de'nu olomo. Bearing in mind he's fulani.

You guys are just going back and forth, if keeps his mouth shut on the matter, you will complain more
Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by talk2dmc(m): 6:05pm On May 10, 2016
Odimma!!! Thank you sir !!! Just watch out for our best solution !!!
Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by Greenex(m): 6:46pm On May 10, 2016
This guy i love ur commen u are brilliant as well as reasonable
bejeiodus:
The federal government must take the lead in finding a solution to the problem. Without state police, there is little the governors can do.The President should rid himself of the thought of having grazing reserves or grazing routes in all states of the country. It won't happen. He should rather advise herdsmen to set up ranches where they can feed their cattle. Cattle herding is a business from which herders make money. They should be ready to bear the costs of investing in ranches.

1 Like

Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by esonuu(m): 8:23pm On May 10, 2016
This man just boldly confirmed hw incompetent he is
Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by Chukzyfcb(m): 8:47pm On May 10, 2016
I don't have a problem with providing grazing reserves. My only grouse with such development is that it SHOULDNT BE FREE. Herders shuld be made to pay either monthly or daily for accessing these reserves, that way it would be able to generate revenue for the states accmodating them no matter how little.
State governors shouldn't provide grazing fields for free knowing fully well that these herders are working (managing) the Cattle of AN INDIVIDUAL. Such Individuals should be made to pay,simple!
Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by Badgers14: 10:31pm On May 10, 2016
neocortex:

I give up!,
Buhari advised Nigerian Governors the herdsmen and farmers clashes, you changed
the discussion to "the problem with SE is their leader" , tell me how the two correlate ?
Are you saying that herdsmen exist only in SE and other regions have no problem with herdsmen ?

Other regions have problem with the herdsmen but i am from the south east and majority of the massacres occured in Ekweremadu's home state of Enugu..

So read the post well before you respond okay grin
Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by hushshinani(m): 12:14am On May 11, 2016
people make comments without reasoning... what delegation of power means... those governors were elected to work... Baba has delegated them to fix the problem (s)... which is normal as a president... those governors are immediate to us... Baba is still making sense... Hush!!!
Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by Amitex(m): 12:26am On May 11, 2016
Where do Chadian and Nigerien cattle rearers take their animals to graze? I believe they graze in their desert ravaged countries. Let the fulani graze their cattle in their states. Period.

1 Like

Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by Eluwilussit(m): 4:27am On May 11, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Fayose and Ikpeazu have proferred a very good solution to the conflict.Gammalin 20 and bakassi boys would do the trick

With you all the way bro. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by Eluwilussit(m): 5:06am On May 11, 2016
bejeiodus:
The federal government must take the lead in finding a solution to the problem. Without state police, there is little the governors can do.The President should rid himself of the thought of having grazing reserves or grazing routes in all states of the country. It won't happen. He should rather advise herdsmen to set up ranches where they can feed their cattle. Cattle herding is a business from which herders make money. They should be ready to bear the costs of investing in ranches.

It is as simple as that, but they will like to make it favorable for the north as usual. They take your oil by owning most of the oil blocs and now they wanna give your land to their kinsmen for free. Hehehe, we are in big trouble. Soon some idiiots will tell us that we do business in the north too. They forget that we pay for our businesses from our purses. angry
Re: Find Solutions To Farmers/herdsmen Crisis, Buhari Tells Governors by coolscott(m): 5:36am On May 11, 2016
Curvinus:
The bulk passing continues. As Commander in Chief, Buhari controls the entire gamut of the Nigerian security aparatus...But guess what...he wants governors to stop rampaging Foolaniii herdsmen who are armed to the teeth with sophisticated weapons....Buhari please give your head a nice wobble and wake up from this slumber...

You either decentralise the police and let the Governors be in charge or you do the damn thing yourself as the C-in-C.

"If you want to go fast, you go alone; If you want to go slow we go together" Muhammadu Buhari, 10th May, 2016.
[size=18pt]He is simply trying to lead the country to the "Reserves for Fulani herdsmen" path[/size]
seumma, Dayshow, MasterofNL, MasterofNL, pepigeorge, folahann, cktheluckyman, PapaBrowne, wowmenow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wike Addresses Protesting Foreign Scholarship Beneficiaries In London (Photos) / Trucks Of Fertilizer Disappeared Miraculously Under Previous Governments- Buhari / Osinbajo Inspects Gamji Water Project (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.