Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Igbos And Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos And Nigeria. (1201 Views)

Youths Pray For President Buhari And Nigeria In Abuja / Oduduwa Republic: “We Will Poison Igbos And Hausas” - Adeyinka Grandson (Video) / "Igbos And Yorubas Are Embarrasing Nigeria" - Verified Fulani Twitter User Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos And Nigeria. by lawani: 3:07pm On May 10, 2016
I believe the simple explanation for human existence offered by Yoruba theology which is that as soon as Earth became habitable, land rose above the water and started to expand, it was then that Olodumare created man to live on the land or rather men from outer space already created by Olodumare landed on Earth in space crafts and colonised the place. That first protruding land above the waters is called Ife, now called Ile Ife. Fe means expand, so Ile Ife means the home or starting point of expansion. So, those early Ife people being Mongols or Caucasians would depend on the habitat they came from. They spread over the Earth and have been wiped off many times, whole civilizations of them, so much that we can see the pyramids built by some of them in Egypt but we have no idea how they managed to build it. The present Ile Ife is the successor of the Ife Ooyelagbo inaugurated by the survivors of a global wipe out that happened ten thousand years ago, the penultimate Ife was Ife Oodaye. The last Ife Ooyelagbo is the one in Osun state Nigeria. There is also another site on Igala land which I believe represents the capital at a point before the Igala were conquered by the Jukuns or so to start the Attah line. So in that wise, I see all peoples as Ife people and DNA agrees to a large extent that we are one but we also carry non human DNA, we even carry unexplainable DNA. For example Rhesus negative people have ancestors who were extra humans in a sense. They somehow managed to become humans without having same ancestors as Rhesus monkeys. Apparently, they landed from an extraterrestrial civilization where humans emerged on their own without sharing ancestors with Rhesus monkeys, then landed here to mix and interbreed with Rhesus positive humans. That is the way I see it for now. The irunmales, Ogisos, Annunnaki and etc descended from space but they still all were Ife people in Yoruba theology. So Igbos moreso are also Ife people to me. Before colonisation, Igbos were city shy, they lived and died in villages of less than 2000 people. Arochukwu are the first state builders to emerge from the Igbos directly. Their settlement pattern is like the Yoruba and the Eze Aro is like a Yoruba or Efik monarch. Presumably, Arochukwu emerged when some Nri Igbos sacked an Efik nation and took over the civilization in a way similar to how nomads sack sedentary cultures, only this time, it was an ultra sedentary culture of subsistence farmers sacking a more advanced sedentary culture of the Efik. The Nri culture was started by a mythical figure, the first Eze Nri from God knows where, a priest King with no political authourity abiding with the policy of dividing up a village for easy management whenever the population rises above around two thousand. That way, the Nri multiplied in the forest within a relatively short time. The first Eze Nri possibly or definitely was an Ife man who did not support people being ruled, so he opted out with some others, then merged with some foreigners who were non West Africans maybe around a thousand years ago, they multiplied in the forest, paid small protection money to the Kingdoms surrounding them and those ones left them alone, they multiplied rapidly and are the nucleus of the Igbo people today. The Igbo language is their language, the Osu caste is their culture as a result of long term isolation. Because they were traders and because of their numbers, because of intermarriage and etc, many neighbouring people adopted their language and later idenity, these people including Anioma people, were Igala, Yoruba and Edo originally but now are Igbos in identity. Any original Igbo culture must have the Osu caste system, if not, they were not original Igbos ie Nri villagers though there are shades of everything. The caste system will be preserved more if the society was not disturbed by wars. So Anambra has no Osu because the place is a mix of Igala and Nri Igbos and ostensibly was a theatre of war in the past.

Funnily Igbos who must have started off as a few peace loving Ife folks mixed with some foreigners turned out to be the most aggressive Nigerian ethnic group after independence by their attempt to take over other people's lands which led to the civil war in which millions died and their secessionist state defeated and merged again with Nigeria. Neither the West nor the Midwest were allowing the Northerners to attack the East or Biafra from their soil and they made that stand known, especially the Midwest Governor, Colonel Ejoor who publicly insisted that the Midwest must not be turned into war theater to get at Biafra but the Biafrans, largely descendants of city and war shy villagers invaded the Midwest, non soldiers made up of Ijaw, Itsekiri and Urhobo attacked them and killed 50 soldiers, yet they did not see the handwriting on the wall and they moved their troops into Yoruba territory without clearance or approval from any authourity. The Yoruba are more than them in population.

Due to the fact that the Midwest and the West joined the war to fight them and also due to the fact that some Eastern minorities were against them, they lost the war within three years as would be expected and were re annexed to Nigeria. So, many, like the current President Buhari of Nigeria and many others are quick to remind them that they have been conquered and should know their place. They say this also to other people seeking freedom from the immoral and decrepit Nigerian state. It is time for everybody to reject the idea that Nigeria is a prison or jail where the majority of West Africans have been sentenced to. three of the major West African nations ie Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa are trapped in Nigeria, the pseudo nation in West Africa where nothing works, the biggest tumble down or failed nation in the world. It is time for all peace lovers and lovers of progress to reassure the Igbos that they are not a conquered nation, they are one of the main nations in Africa. What igbos need is to negotiate with their immediate neighbours like the Efiks, Ijaws, Ibibios and etc, assurring them of cooperation and assuring them that they are not going to be forced into a Biafran nation if they do not want to. So, instead of a Biafran referendum that the IPOB are asking for, what the Igbos should push for is several referendums, 4 or 5 at once if that will relax the mind of their neighbours from the fear of Igbo domination. As Igbos do not want to be dominated by others of a different culture and language whose world view may be different from theirs, their neighbours too do not want to disappear under Igbos, they want to use their language as official language and preserve their culture, have a UN representative. So it is a matter of empathy. negotiate with others so they can have their military and police, control over their economy and future and you also will have thesame thing automatically. Igbo land will be militarized with Igbo soldiers and policed with Igbo police and it will no longer be possible for outsiders tom invade Igbo land to kill Igbos anymore while they are able to walk free. You get it only if you want it for others.

Access to the sea or not, there should be an Igbo nation speaking Igbo as an official language and Yorubas will be in that nation. Even today, non Ikwerre Igbos can not be said to outnumber Yorubas in Port Harcourt. In Onitsha, Yorubas must definitely outnumber the indigenes and etc. Igbos are not more scattered in Nigeria than Yorubas but maybe they are more inside certain markets. To have a home to point to as somewhere your people developed is confidence that can not be beaten.
Re: Igbos And Nigeria. by tonbratom(m): 3:09pm On May 10, 2016
Okay
Re: Igbos And Nigeria. by cheruv: 3:22pm On May 10, 2016
Something is wrong somewhere this one everybody is forming PhD on Igbo issues undecided

10 Likes

Re: Igbos And Nigeria. by OmoIgala: 3:35pm On May 10, 2016
lol...... Waz all diz?
Re: Igbos And Nigeria. by Mrbigman1(m): 3:46pm On May 10, 2016
I am not surprised, this thread is still alive cos it speaks so ill of igbos.

If it's talking about yorubas, it would be locked on arrival and op banned till 3016.

The level of bigotry that exists in the moderating room of this forum is irritating.

And I strongly believe Seun personal encourage it.

Back to op. Please mind you, igbos dnt and will never originate from dia subordinates and if u wanna write your imaginative theory, it should have a boundary. It should end in Benin kingdom.

Thank me later

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos And Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 10, 2016
This shameless troll always trying 2 tell pple who they are.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos And Nigeria. by lawani: 5:31pm On May 10, 2016
I am not saying Igbos originated from Ife as I was not there but I am saying Yoruba theology says all humans which includes Igbos, originated from Ife. You can come up with your own explanation for the origin of human existence but let it make sense. I am aware Igbos dont really have a single source, they have conflicting stories. So dont shout down Yoruba theology while upholding the one you see in the Bible or Quran when infact the Yoruba explanation makes far more sense. How are Igbos superior to Yoruba? Humans are not superior to each other but Yoruba because of population and reach do senior Igbos just like the Chinese senior others.
Re: Igbos And Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 10, 2016
Igbo this Igbo that.....hmmmn when will i ever come to nairaland without seeing a thread on Igbos

1 Like

Re: Igbos And Nigeria. by lawani: 6:09pm On May 10, 2016
ovadozes:
Igbo this Igbo that.....hmmmn when will i ever come to nairaland without seeing a thread on Igbos

Going by the way many igbos have formed the habit of bad mouthing other people online, an observer has to write something. My advise is forget about Presidency and go for independence.
Re: Igbos And Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 10, 2016
lawani:

Going by the way many igbos have formed the habit of bad mouthing other people online, an observer has to write something. My advise is forget about Presidency and go for independence.
You can take your advice and shove it where the son does not shine...who cares, is your life better than that of the average Igbo man since the presidency is your birth right.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos And Nigeria. by Scholes007(m): 6:50pm On May 10, 2016
I am coming up with my own stories on yoruba... It will be facts and figure, pls no one should cry fowl. I encourage and urge everyone to do such too.

1 Like

Re: Igbos And Nigeria. by lawani: 6:56pm On May 10, 2016
ovadozes:

You can take your advice and shove it where the son does not shine...who cares, is your life better than that of the average Igbo man since the presidency is your birth right.

How do you know my life is worse than that of all Igbos? Or that I am living lower than the average Igbo man? Dont be an idiot. Do you mean Igbo land is better than Yoruba land? or Igbos are better off than Yorubas?The advise here is sincere advise. Igbos keep on blaming whole peoples for their issues. That is wrong. They blame Yorubas when Yorubas merely stopped them from being the first to colonise the Yoruba by force, then blame Hausas, they blame Ijaws and etc but not all Igbos do that, however there are too many online doing that. It is just like unintelligent Nigerians blaming Europeans for the backwardness of Nigeria. The advise I offered here is sincere, it does not call for insult.

1 Like

Re: Igbos And Nigeria. by JahJaa(m): 7:22pm On May 10, 2016
Mehn this op is H.igh on something Chêap. Well congracts for writing this beautiful and well organised Nonsence. If igbos abuse you or say some ill about you. It is better you let it slide or ignore it. Than wasting i wonder how many mins of your life in writing these. Mehn everybody is forming tribalist these days, everybody opens a thread to gain attention these days, nobody wana be different again.
Biko umu igbo ekenem unu. Dalukwan obum nwa Omambala na ekele
Re: Igbos And Nigeria. by waternogetenemy: 7:30pm On May 10, 2016
lawani:
I am not saying Igbos originated from Ife as I was not there but I am saying Yoruba theology says all humans which includes Igbos, originated from Ife. You can come up with your own explanation for the origin of human existence but let it make sense. I am aware Igbos dont really have a single source, they have conflicting stories. So dont shout down Yoruba theology while upholding the one you see in the Bible or Quran when infact the Yoruba explanation makes far more sense. How are Igbos superior to Yoruba? Humans are not superior to each other but Yoruba because of population and reach do senior Igbos just like the Chinese senior others.

Light and Darkness have nothing in common.

Ndiigbo without the accident of Luggard have nothing in common with hateful and tribalist yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos And Nigeria. by waternogetenemy: 7:33pm On May 10, 2016
Mrbigman1:
I am not surprised, this thread is still alive cos it speaks so ill of igbos.

If it's talking about yorubas, it would be locked on arrival and op banned till 3016.

The level of bigotry that exists in the moderating room of this forum is irritating.

And I strongly believe Seun personal encourage it.

Back to op. Please mind you, igbos dnt and will never originate from dia subordinates and if u wanna write your imaginative theory, it should have a boundary. It should end in Benin kingdom.

Thank me later

Nairaland is yorubaland, where dey common to masturbate over the word igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos And Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 10, 2016
lawani:

How do you know my life is worse than that of all Igbos? Or that I am living lower than the average Igbo man? Dont be an idiot. Do you mean Igbo land is better than Yoruba land? or Igbos are better off than Yorubas?The advise here is sincere advise. Igbos keep on blaming whole peoples for their issues. That is wrong. They blame Yorubas when Yorubas merely stopped them from being the first to colonise the Yoruba by force, then blame Hausas, they blame Ijaws and etc but not all Igbos do that, however there are too many online doing that. It is just like unintelligent Nigerians blaming Europeans for the backwardness of Nigeria. The advise I offered here is sincere, it does not call for insult.
Look Mr man, i dont like going back and forth with dunces....keep your advice to yourself it will do u good.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos And Nigeria. by lawani: 7:42pm On May 10, 2016
JahJaa:
Mehn this op is H.igh on something Chêap. Well congracts for writing this beautiful and well organised Nonsence. If igbos abuse you or say some ill about you. It is better you let it slide or ignore it. Than wasting i wonder how many mins of your life in writing these. Mehn everybody is forming tribalist these days, everybody opens a thread to gain attention these days, nobody wana be different again.
Biko umu igbo ekenem unu. Dalukwan obum nwa Omambala na ekele

Go and be dragging to be Nigerian President then, while your elders are arrested in Awka for trying to speak on Ojukwu's legacy and Igbos are massacred in Enugu by non Igbos. PDP has zoned Presidency to the North. As for me, no relenting until a Yoruba nation is carved out of West Africa

A bu m Onye Yoruba le o bu ezeokwu ke mu siri unu. Ezeokwu ne obi m. Mu ekele unu.
Re: Igbos And Nigeria. by lawani: 8:29pm On May 10, 2016
Only Igbos keep saying Biafra, Biafra. Have you ever heard Yoruba say the whole midwest must follow them by force if Nigeria breaks up? Hausas know Jebba not to talk of Ilorin will not be part of a Hausa Fulani nation, Bariba will not be part of Hausa Fulani because there are precolonal boundaries. Igala, Ebira will probably not go under them as they were not covered by the Fulbe jihad but only Igbos continue saying Biafra, a word with no meaning. They go further to add Itsekiri, a Yoruba people to their list of Biafran territories, then Idoma, Igala and etc which makes it look as if IPOB has collected bribe to make Biafra impossible. This is the way someone analysing IPOB objectively sees them because we can not say they have no brain. We must assume they know what they are doing. Then they spend the whole time abusing Hausas and Yorubas. Does that make sense?
Re: Igbos And Nigeria. by JahJaa(m): 10:18am On May 11, 2016
lawani:

Go and be dragging to be Nigerian President then, while your elders are arrested in Awka for trying to speak on Ojukwu's legacy and Igbos are massacred in Enugu by non Igbos. PDP has zoned Presidency to the North. As for me, no relenting until a Yoruba nation is carved out of West Africa

A bu m Onye Yoruba le o bu ezeokwu ke mu siri unu. Ezeokwu ne obi m. Mu ekele unu.
Ok

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Emir Of Kano, His Wife And Their Daughters / These Pics Will Show EFCC Is Not Arresting Only PDP Members But Also APC Members / 'none Of Our Strike Team Has Been Arrested By The Nigerian Military' - NDA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.