Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries (29734 Views)

Another Kogi Civil Servant Commits Suicide. / Corpse Of Edward Soje, Kogi Civil Servant Who Committed Suicide By Hanging (Pic) / Kogi Civil Servant Commits Suicide; Recently Had Triplets After Childless Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by renzie: 11:45pm On May 10, 2016
It is really annoying and frustrating what people go through in this country. This is how the arab spring started in Tunisia. A young man, a graduate selling fruits could no longer bear the frustration of unemployment and difficulty in earning a living set himself on fire - suicide.This stirred anger in the people who started protesting. This protest sent parking the King of Tunisia and spread to other Arab countries. this protests swept away rulers like Mubarak of Egypt, Ghadafi of Libya and Infact the war we see still raging in Syria is a fallout of that young man's action. Our leaders should not take this kind of action for granted. This man would have been alive today if not for the heartlessness of our selfish and wicked leaders who don't care how their subjects fair. If this man could resolve to take his own life, then it is also possible someone one day will resolve to take not only his own life but the life of one of these leaders at whatever cost.
henrygale:
The kind of hardship led frustration in this country is alarming. It takes someone of strong mind to keep going despite everything, esp if the person hasn't been paid several months' salaries.
It's not easy for full grown man with family to cater for to go begging his fellow man for basic life needs like fud,which ordinarily wasn't or shouldn't be a problem for him but he can't just afford dem due to the situations we've found ourselves in.
God help us in this country and see us thru ds moment.
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by Elbreezy(m): 12:03am On May 11, 2016
lilzcee:
Baba for the girls grin
afonu oshi
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by hedonistic: 12:17am On May 11, 2016
macfish01:
Sometimes you never know. I lost my Job of recent after paying two hugh medical bills. It was as if my enemies are winning. I had little money, no business idea and a very little account balance. I had all kinds of wired taughts. I blamed everyone that has remotely led to my situation, I was easily angry and always moody.
I left phc and travelled to Ilorin to stay with a friend who was working with Guinness, just to change environment and see if travelling can heal my trauma only to see young men like me who were equally laid off from their respective jobs.
I called myself and told myself the truth. Life is unfair yes, is now in my hands to make it fair. So from now on, I have decided to excel in whatever I do. I am not going to commit suicide,who will marry my babe? Who will be sending money to my Dad with my name? Am the one. Am not gonna do yahoo,drugs or anything illegal. Am gonna fight after all I worked hard while I was employed. So am gonna use my strength and skills to my advantage. Am the new Boss in town. Picture me rolling.
I like your spirit homeboy, and I wish you success. I pray things turn around very quickly for you. Life is never as simple as 1+1.

Often, hope makes the difference between the will to carry on and the decision to resign oneself to fate. That's why one of my favorite book titles of all time is Barack Obama's pre-presidency book titled 'The Audacity of Hope.'

1 Like

Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by hedonistic: 12:22am On May 11, 2016
renzie:
It is really annoying and frustrating what people go through in this country. This is how the arab spring started in Tunisia. A young man, a graduate selling fruits could no longer bear the frustration of unemployment and difficulty in earning a living set himself on fire - suicide.This stirred anger in the people who started protesting. This protest sent parking the King of Tunisia and spread to other Arab countries. this protests swept away rulers like Mubarak of Egypt, Ghadafi of Libya and Infact the war we see still raging in Syria is a fallout of that young man's action. Our leaders should not take this kind of action for granted. This man would have been alive today if not for the heartlessness of our selfish and wicked leaders who don't care how their subjects fair. If this man could resolve to take his own life, then it is also possible someone one day will resolve to take not only his own life but the life of one of these leaders at whatever cost.

The time is coming. It's at hand..

Something as simple and routine as regular payment of meagre salaries would have saved this man's life and saved the family he left behind from this misery and opprobrium. It's shocking if one thinks about that.
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 12:29am On May 11, 2016
Elbreezy:
afonu oshi
angry
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by henrygale(m): 3:04am On May 11, 2016
renzie:
Hmmm.
Part of the problems too is most people come here rant and fight each other defending these people,and yet go to bed with empty stomachs and pockets!
That kind of revolution can start here in this country starting with you and I if we want; how long will we keep suffering while our senators flamboyantly ride in their 37million naira jeep pass the masses who are yet to collect 18000 naira minimum wage for the past 4-5months!
How long will our children continue be sent out of school coz of non payment of school fees occasioned by non payment of salaries for several months, while their children are sent to choice schools abroad!
Our youths remains jobless due to lack of jobs to do,while dey put their children in CBN and nnpc and push to us police and masquerade jobs!
How long will the suffering continue?
They scream of corruption and lavish spending of past govts by keeping a fleet of presidential planes,but since they came in,they r still maintaining and enjoying same fleet!
Who is deceiving who?
I stand for a better Nigeria and these people must either buckle or prepare to go,coz people are not finding it funny anymore!
I don't mind starting from my location,if there's gonna be a coordinated peaceful protest In every other parts of the country!
Let's shut down this country to show them we,the masses,who dey claim they r serving,really have the power to determine their fate not just during elections!
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by AmyOby1(f): 7:18am On May 11, 2016
May God forgive him, I know we are really suffering in this state but taking his life is not worth it.
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by macfish01: 7:52am On May 11, 2016
hedonistic:

I like your spirit homeboy, and I wish you success. I pray things turn around very quickly for you. Life is never as simple as 1+1.

Often, hope makes the difference between the will to carry on and the decision to resign oneself to fate. That's why one of my favorite book titles of all time is Barack Obama's pre-presidency book titled 'The Audacity of Hope.'
Thanks so much. Am going to find that book. Do have a nice day.
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by bologiabdul(m): 8:14am On May 11, 2016
That's not enough to take his own life what about those that have no work to even hope to be paid one day
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by paix(m): 8:51am On May 11, 2016
greatgod2012:
If you people actually read the story, the man didn't commit suicide because of his inability to buy his wife church uniform, but because he couldn't meet his obligations as the head of the house. He's depressed, ashamed and felt useless due to his unpaid salary. The hardship together with the shame was too big for him to bear, hence, the unspeakable thing he did.

But he shouldn't have done that, to every problem, there's surely an expiry date......he should have held on......hoping and praying....... things will get better. But this one he has done now, he has put his wife and children in shame and restlessness. Everyone will be thinking the woman put too much pressure on him. In fact, its terrible.

But truth be told, the hardship in this country presently is grade one raised to power five, it's only the very strong that can cope successfully.
I still blame the wife for bringing up a frivolous issue like buying a UNIFORM, considering the family's inability to even feed well. Pressure was already mounting and she made it worse by her unnecessary demand or request. MEN ALWAYS HATE TO SAY 'I DON'T HAVE MONEY' TO THEIR FAMILIES.
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by Ochoiho: 9:05am On May 11, 2016
He wouldnt try this if he knows where he was going. He must be regretting now under the torment of Hell. Suicide can never be a way out.
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by CopyLearner: 9:32am On May 11, 2016
sassiemyk:
...this insensitive generation of women is becoming a problem. why will a woman nag her man to this point? does it mean that dis generation of women are bred for marital purposes? ...but dat man shaa lose.
did you read with your anus? angry
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by missyge(f): 11:32am On May 11, 2016
Fourwinds:
na so oooo... Even na another man go soon begin brush her congo
Bfre nko Sharperly seff

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Arrested For Murder Of Female Neighbour In Anambra (Photo) / Father Richard Bilé Commits Suicide In Cote d’ivoire Over Child Sex Allegation / Police Arrest Woman Who Sold Her Newborn Grandson For N1.3M; Baby Rescued (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.