Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,686 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Nairalanders Were You Bullied At School?, How To Deal With Bully Problem - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nairalanders Were You Bullied At School?, How To Deal With Bully Problem (941 Views)

Mom's Racy Outfit To Host Son's 5th Birthday Party At School Sparks Criticism / 7 Ways To Deal With A Teen Who Talks Back / Our Boy's First Day At School (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Were You Bullied At School?, How To Deal With Bully Problem by tunnyl(m): 4:00pm On May 10, 2016
Some Nigerian parents view bullying as a normal behaviour among children, however bullying if not dealt with, may result to long term physical or emotional damage. Bullying is the desire of one child to hurt, threaten, or embarrass another child.

Bullying can be physical, emotional, written, verbal and even sexual; Physical bullying, is when a child injures another child on purpose, with the intention of harassing or embarrassing them; verbal bullying on the other hand involves calling other children names, or spreading rumours about other children. This can traumatize a child thus leading to depression and low self esteem; Written bullying involves writing abusive letters on papers, emails, text messages, chat rooms, etc about another person; emotional bullying includes any action backed by the intention of hurting another person's feeling.

The following are ways you can help you child deal with bullying problem.

1. Find out what he or she has done to stop the bullying. The would help to to know the next step to take

2. Tell your child to avoid being alone at unsupervised places during break time or closing hours.

3. You can teach the child how to ignore the bully through the use of humour, and through being calm.

3. Also teach your child how to be assert him or herself, because children who appear confident and assertive when confronted by a bully will less likely be picked on the next time.

4. Lastly, if your child is a victim of bullying to the extent that emotional, physical or self esteem damage is sustained, then it is best to contact the school authority of your child to inform them about what has been happening. Do not confront the parent of the bully, as some parents may deny that there is a problem with their child.

Were you bullied as a child in school or do you know a child that has been bullied?, please share with us the experience and how you dealt with it. Oya oo
Re: Nairalanders Were You Bullied At School?, How To Deal With Bully Problem by Xslaze3xd(m): 4:13pm On May 10, 2016
The Day I arrived at my boarding school, the seniors know say I nor be their mate for ruggedity, them give me chance.
Re: Nairalanders Were You Bullied At School?, How To Deal With Bully Problem by tunnyl(m): 4:27pm On May 10, 2016
Xslaze3xd:
The Day I arrived at my boarding school, the seniors know say I nor be their mate for ruggedity, them give me chance.

Hehehe badoo
Re: Nairalanders Were You Bullied At School?, How To Deal With Bully Problem by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:40am On May 11, 2016
Never been bullied nor a bully. As an Ijaw son I FIGHT for my right as a growing up child. Luckily, I attended boys' only secondary school where it is survival of the fittest....

I do tell my nephews and niece that they should fight for their right when bullied by classmates(a sentiment shared by their parents), and I thank God that they heed to instruction.

When I have a son, I will instruct him to fight for his right....

God Bless
Re: Nairalanders Were You Bullied At School?, How To Deal With Bully Problem by Nobody: 11:57am On May 11, 2016
Yep I was bullied in school. Remembered one girl, although not a student in my school that took it out of school premises. The biggest mistake of her life cheesy cheesy
That evening on her way to church, she "unconsciously" and "mockingly" called me a MAD WOMAN. grin grin

Only if she knew I came from a family of men, that means I was taught how to box like a man. Biggest mistake she made. And to make matters worse my brothers and landlords sons were watching to make sure I did learn very well too, from them, the best!

I grabbed her, and dealt her the first blow on one of her frogy eyes. (I hated okpolo eyes those years) that single blow gave her some inbalance, an added attack advantage as I pummelled her. I pounced on her, grabbing her scarf off as I dealt more blows to her face. My brothers cheered me on, as I made sure her neck is right under my armpit, she was already tired, didn't care anyway, I really also do not have forgiveness in my ogbanje dictionary as at then.My ndi otu now adviced me to use my elbow to administer more sharp pains on her back. That singular act sent her down. She slowly picked her scarf and went her way ( looking weary, dirty and tearfully tired )after passersby separated us.

That was the last time I saw that chick till date. I'm very sure she stayed outta my lane since then, avoided me like a plague.

If i should see her today, I will definitely ask her for forgiveness. Maybe she is married now, i hope she tells her husband how a MAD WOMAN almost killed her. angry embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Were You Bullied At School?, How To Deal With Bully Problem by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 11, 2016
Will definitely send my children to fight classes to defend themselves. They must learn to fight and defend themselves. I will tell my sons, it's ok to cru after a loss, BUT there's still room to win back lost glories. They must learn to swift like their great grandfather, calculating like their grandfather and relentless like their mother. As for gentility and cowardice, that one fit be their papa side e dey.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Were You Bullied At School?, How To Deal With Bully Problem by Evina(f): 12:14pm On May 11, 2016
Femmefetale cheesy gurl you just contributed to making my day. Hahahaha. I didn't even read all of your write up! Hahahaha haha. Very good!

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Were You Bullied At School?, How To Deal With Bully Problem by Evina(f): 12:29pm On May 11, 2016
To topic, I was bullied. In primary school, this girl constantly bullied me to be her exam partner, then in class five, I just became bold, ignored her and called her bluff, changed seats. She kept begging but no going back!

Also, there was this boy that dared to spank me. He must have forgotten that we live not too far apart. I got home crying. My dad took me to their house, only stopping briefly to cut a branch off a tree. My dad exploded into the compound and flogged the boys dad seriously!

After that incident, I tormented the boy a few times to be sure he got the message.

As for me, I will deal with the parent of whoever dares to bully my child because a child bully is a representation of the home he is raised in!

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Were You Bullied At School?, How To Deal With Bully Problem by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 11, 2016
Evina:
To topic, I was bullied. In primary school, this girl constantly bullied me to be her exam partner, then in class five, I just became bold, ignored her and called her bluff, changed seats. She kept begging but no going back!

Also, there was this boy that dared to spank me. He must have forgotten that we live not too far apart. I got home crying. My dad took me to their house, only stopping briefly to cut a branch off a tree. My dad exploded into the compound and flogged the boys dad seriously!

After that incident, I tormented the boy a few times to be sure he got the message.

As for me, I will deal with the parent of whoever dares to bully my child because a child bully is a representation of the home he is raised in!
His dad? shockedshocked

Chai your dad gat no chill post gringringringringrin

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Were You Bullied At School?, How To Deal With Bully Problem by Evina(f): 1:11pm On May 11, 2016
iAmCharis:
His dad? shockedshocked

Chai your dad gat no chill post gringringringringrin

Yes oh!

The man kept shouting, "Chief migwo". grin
Re: Nairalanders Were You Bullied At School?, How To Deal With Bully Problem by Mutaino7(m): 2:00pm On May 11, 2016
Evina:

Yes oh!

The man kept shouting, "Chief migwo[color=#990000][/color]". grin
The man nah uhrobo man
Re: Nairalanders Were You Bullied At School?, How To Deal With Bully Problem by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 11, 2016
Evina:

Yes oh!

Hahahahahaha Your dad na commando oo gringrin
Re: Nairalanders Were You Bullied At School?, How To Deal With Bully Problem by Evina(f): 7:21pm On May 11, 2016
iAmCharis:
Hahahahahaha Your dad na commando oo gringrin

cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Were You Bullied At School?, How To Deal With Bully Problem by Evina(f): 7:22pm On May 11, 2016
Mutaino7:
The man nah uhrobo man

I can't recall, but my dad is.
Re: Nairalanders Were You Bullied At School?, How To Deal With Bully Problem by Xslaze3xd(m): 1:23pm On May 12, 2016
Evina:

Yes oh!

lmfao, hahahahahahaha, i think this is what I will do, I fought all the bullies I have might from primary to seconday, I nor dey waste time.
Re: Nairalanders Were You Bullied At School?, How To Deal With Bully Problem by sweetcocoa(f): 2:24pm On May 12, 2016
You can't have a mum like mine and be bullied.

Come home and tell her someone in your age grade beat you and watch her give you the real proper beating, my elder sister that was always doing like akamu had no choice but to toughen up, after several sessions of brutal lessons on self defence.

I am also grateful to my brother who always had a reason to engage me in physical combat, I never let him intimidate me, even when my sisters give up, I would continue to talk,throw punches and not let go of his badly torn clothes(the fights usually ended with him running away or begging me) the boy just had to tire for me, said I was the devil in human form, all because I never agreed he had more rights than us girls in the house as a boy. There was also dad who always supported us girls, made it a lot easier to have a voice and use it.

I no go lie, in primary school, I fought a lot and mostly boys because they are the ones that always feel like they must win and being me, I no dey gree so the next thing na fight, my teachers always knew I was right but I still got punished for fighting instead of reporting, didn't stop me from fighting when I had to anyways.undecided

In secondary school, the seniors had no choice but to let me be because, you just can't intimidate me(then I used to say to myself, I'd rather die than let them trample on my right), to the point our principal instructed them to bring me to him instead, if ever there was a disagreement, I was usually the only one who wouldn't kneel whenever they come and say their usual rubbish of asking all to kneel for no reason, I didn't see why I should when I did nothing wrong.

I was well known as a very stubborn girl but teachers/the school authorities loved me because I was a straight As student and after listening to my side, they find I am not unreasonably stubborn, plus I always respected teachers, so I was mostly in their good books.

I will definitely teach my children how to speak up and fight back if it came to that.

(1) (Reply)

Woman Gave Birth To Triplet After 17 Years Of Waiting / Marriage Kiss Of Life (pic) / Should I Arrest Parents Of A Baby Crying All Night Around My House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.