Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,064 members, 7,863,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:25 AM

Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria (50434 Views)

Transparency International Rating: Buhari Government Blames Obasanjo, Ezekwesili / Buhari Hits Back At Transparency International / Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria by Jesusloveyou: 7:29pm On May 10, 2016
God bless pmb for leading the fight against corruption

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria by papparatzzi2013: 7:30pm On May 10, 2016
That was a masterstroke from TI.

Bad news for wailers and ipods. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria by Lionsclaw: 7:30pm On May 10, 2016
Good reply

1 Like

Re: Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria by danot1030: 7:30pm On May 10, 2016
What an upper cut to the British govt.

2 Likes

Re: Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria by TedBaker(m): 7:30pm On May 10, 2016
See hin face like monkey yansh (Red assed monkey)
Re: Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria by gudluckgreat(m): 7:30pm On May 10, 2016
This is likened to the response that Kenya president gave to Obama when he raised issue of Gay and Homosexuality.
Simple,diplomatic and epic

2 Likes

Re: Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 10, 2016
one of buhari world supporter has just spoken. wailers oya come and spokeeee

3 Likes

Re: Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria by InvertedHammer: 7:33pm On May 10, 2016
adeyemi2015:
This is an epic response to Cameron, no need for PMB to counter or issue a statement against the comment again!
Transparency International just spoils the mood of the Wailers!
Chai!

Lalasticlala come oooo! Do the needful in time pls!
/
The question is: Why is Nigeria not taking preemptive actions to stop the massive lootings instead of resorting to chasing the funds after the deeds?
\
Re: Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 10, 2016
sonnie10:
MEMO TO MY PRESIDENT, THE THIEF CATCHER...

My dear Mr. President,
Rankadede sir.

There is always this sense of excitement from your supporters whenever they hear that someone (always from the opposition) has been invited by EFCC. They go overdrive whenever figures are mentioned.

Let me make it clear: I am 100% in support of you if you go after those who were awarded contracts and collected money without working. I will be your anti-corruption ambassador of you go after service chiefs who diverted money meant for their services. I support you if you go after banks who aided money laundering. I am your man if you go after those itchy fingers at FIRS. Or those who collected defence contacts and subsidy claims and ran away. BUT YOU CAN NEVER BE MY GUY WITH THIS YOUR PROBING OF CAMPAIGN FUNDS. You know why? You are more GUILTIER than those you are pursuing!

It is not only immoral, but against law of natural fairness for you who publicly announced that you borrowed money to buy your nomination form, but ran a campaign of hundred of billions of naira. Where did your money come from? Let tell you certain things which you know about or pretending not to know.

* When Akin Ambode resumed as governor of Lagos State, the total money he reportedly met in ALL Lagos State bank accounts was a paltry N850m! It was the lowest in recent memory. Not that alone. Capital budget for the fiscal year had been executed up to 85%! Yet, that was just FIVE months to the year. We only saw capital spending without capital projects. If they present these facts before you, you cannot deny you don't know where these monies went to.

*Rivers State has been complaining over almost N100b missing few months to the end of one of your minister's tenure as governor. Invite Wike over and you will hear ween!

* Each state being ruled by your party was taxed to contribute to your campaign. Depending on the strength of their treasuries. But they tried to outdo themselves. Sir, can you swear by Allah that you don't know why many states could not pay salaries today? Ask your campaign treasurer! And also banks they took overdrafts from!

* One of your ministers today, who is seen as agents of change, actually took N1b bank loan to prosecute a second term election he lost in 2014. If you are keen at probing campaign funds, sit him down and ask how he intends to pay back. As I write this, the loan is still pending!

* There are couple of banks and oil service companies who contributed to your campaign funding too. Your EFCC has pretended as if it is not aware.

Politicians know themselves. They know how they fund campaigns. It is public funds. Contracts are inflated or outrightly not carried out. Funds are diverted. Banks play their own role. Contractors key in. On the eve of election, banks overwork themselves. From minister/commissioner down to special assistants, cash is provided for them to go and prosecute elections in their areas. These runs into billions. Is that acceptable? NO! BUT THAT WAS HOW YOUR OWN ELECTION WAS PROSECUTED TOO.

I learnt you turned the blind eye when all these were going on. You jettisoned your long held personal principle not to have anything to do with thieves. After winning election and assuming office, you wanted to pick that principle again and expect someone like me to hail you? No sir! Lailai!

Since you saw nothing wrong in people stealing to run your own campaign, you have no moral justification to go after those who equally stole to run their own campaigns too. Public funds are public funds, either in Abuja or Lagos!

I will continue this campaign until your DSS picks me up. That's the worst they can do!

Assurances of my highest regards! Say me well to the First Lady. Sorry, Wife of the Thief Catcher. Sorry again, Wife of the President...

~ Samuel Ajayi

I am suggesting you should find something more productive to do with your job
Thank you

5 Likes

Re: Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 10, 2016
adeyemi2015:
This is an epic response to Cameron, no need for PMB to counter or issue a statement against the comment again!
Chai!

Read what you wrote again...deep down inside you,you know you've written is senseless.

1 Like

Re: Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria by sonnie10: 7:38pm On May 10, 2016
JayJohnson:

I am suggesting you should find something more productive to do with your job
Thank you

"He that must come to equity must come with clean hands." Like Calabar people would say, "ubok fo isana ke!"

3 Likes

Re: Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria by InvertedHammer: 7:39pm On May 10, 2016
adeyemi2015:
Chai!

/
The question is: Why is Nigeria not taking preemptive actions to stop the massive lootings instead of resorting to chasing the funds after the deeds?

The funds were wired out. What stringent measures are in place to punish erring banks and bank employees who cosigned the transfer?
\
Re: Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria by arresa: 7:39pm On May 10, 2016
Descartes:
Lies, a poor defense from Garba Shehu and his lying crew to the president on new media.

Transparency ko transcurreency ni

Safe to conclude that this wonderful news about your own country is a source of pain, sorrow and sadness for you...

Hate and bigotry is indeed a terrible disease..

5 Likes

Re: Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria by Horus(m): 7:41pm On May 10, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrI-RT2sXw0

[size=15pt]David Cameron calls Nigeria and Afghanistan 'fantastically corrupt'[/size]
Re: Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria by omenka(m): 7:41pm On May 10, 2016
modath:

No comment, Transparency International already said it all...

Will just watch from the sidelines the nos of people whose evening has just been shot straight to hell by TI's endorsement! smiley
Let them die of hatred and frustration. The better for our country.

3 Likes

Re: Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria by laprince(m): 7:42pm On May 10, 2016
politricks:
The bolded statement above summarises the whole article and the gross hypocrisy of that useless cameron abi na amplicox. How can someone you know is a thief gives you money to hold and you accept it only to turn around and call that person 'corrupt' what about you?. I don't blame them, i blame those people that out of hatred for buhari supports any negative report about the country forgetting that we are in the ship together and God forbids anything happen to it, 'Titanic would be a child's play'.

Oooo. Why did u spoil the good thing you wrote.
leave people who hate Buhari alone. People must hate people. Personally, am not a fan of Buhari, but, I like his anti corruption moves.

Those you should blame are all our politicians, both in APC and PDP. They are the problems.

Besides, is there any president who people did not hate?
Re: Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria by FXCRAFT: 7:42pm On May 10, 2016
sonnie10:
MEMO TO MY PRESIDENT, THE THIEF CATCHER...

My dear Mr. President,
Rankadede sir.

There is always this sense of excitement from your supporters whenever they hear that someone (always from the opposition) has been invited by EFCC. They go overdrive whenever figures are mentioned.

Let me make it clear: I am 100% in support of you if you go after those who were awarded contracts and collected money without working. I will be your anti-corruption ambassador of you go after service chiefs who diverted money meant for their services. I support you if you go after banks who aided money laundering. I am your man if you go after those itchy fingers at FIRS. Or those who collected defence contacts and subsidy claims and ran away. BUT YOU CAN NEVER BE MY GUY WITH THIS YOUR PROBING OF CAMPAIGN FUNDS. You know why? You are more GUILTIER than those you are pursuing!

It is not only immoral, but against law of natural fairness for you who publicly announced that you borrowed money to buy your nomination form, but ran a campaign of hundred of billions of naira. Where did your money come from? Let tell you certain things which you know about or pretending not to know.

* When Akin Ambode resumed as governor of Lagos State, the total money he reportedly met in ALL Lagos State bank accounts was a paltry N850m! It was the lowest in recent memory. Not that alone. Capital budget for the fiscal year had been executed up to 85%! Yet, that was just FIVE months to the year. We only saw capital spending without capital projects. If they present these facts before you, you cannot deny you don't know where these monies went to.

*Rivers State has been complaining over almost N100b missing few months to the end of one of your minister's tenure as governor. Invite Wike over and you will hear ween!

* Each state being ruled by your party was taxed to contribute to your campaign. Depending on the strength of their treasuries. But they tried to outdo themselves. Sir, can you swear by Allah that you don't know why many states could not pay salaries today? Ask your campaign treasurer! And also banks they took overdrafts from!

* One of your ministers today, who is seen as agents of change, actually took N1b bank loan to prosecute a second term election he lost in 2014. If you are keen at probing campaign funds, sit him down and ask how he intends to pay back. As I write this, the loan is still pending!

* There are couple of banks and oil service companies who contributed to your campaign funding too. Your EFCC has pretended as if it is not aware.

Politicians know themselves. They know how they fund campaigns. It is public funds. Contracts are inflated or outrightly not carried out. Funds are diverted. Banks play their own role. Contractors key in. On the eve of election, banks overwork themselves. From minister/commissioner down to special assistants, cash is provided for them to go and prosecute elections in their areas. These runs into billions. Is that acceptable? NO! BUT THAT WAS HOW YOUR OWN ELECTION WAS PROSECUTED TOO.

I learnt you turned the blind eye when all these were going on. You jettisoned your long held personal principle not to have anything to do with thieves. After winning election and assuming office, you wanted to pick that principle again and expect someone like me to hail you? No sir! Lailai!

Since you saw nothing wrong in people stealing to run your own campaign, you have no moral justification to go after those who equally stole to run their own campaigns too. Public funds are public funds, either in Abuja or Lagos!

I will continue this campaign until your DSS picks me up. That's the worst they can do!

Assurances of my highest regards! Say me well to the First Lady. Sorry, Wife of the Thief Catcher. Sorry again, Wife of the President...

~ Samuel Ajayi

You've said it all. I think his actions are hypocritical. Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:42pm On May 10, 2016
Good response. UK and other western nation are thieves also. You collected money from a thief and kept in your banks. If you collect money from a thief you are also a thief.

3 Likes

Re: Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria by tjosh24: 7:43pm On May 10, 2016
Since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that entangles us and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecta of faith. Jesus loves and cares for you. Allow Him to rule over your life. Say no to sin today ‪#‎HigherGroundBCevan‬

4 Likes

Re: Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria by KissCODE(m): 7:46pm On May 10, 2016
Remove UK & USA corruption will cease in Nigeria & Africa

3 Likes

Re: Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 10, 2016
Descartes:
Lies, a poor defense from Garba Shehu and his lying crew to the president on new media.

Transparency ko transcurreency ni

Go n get ur head checked

2 Likes

Re: Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria by ephi123(f): 7:47pm On May 10, 2016
Buhari ought to boycott that summit on the basis of what Cameron said but i know sey Bubu likes to travel so he won't.
Re: Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria by wristbangle: 7:47pm On May 10, 2016
Nice counter to that shameful Cameron.

1 Like

Re: Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria by sonnie10: 7:48pm On May 10, 2016
FXCRAFT:

You've said it all. I think his actions are hypocritical. Thank you.

Equity delights to do justice but not by halves

3 Likes

Re: Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria by Ekii(f): 7:49pm On May 10, 2016
Exactly!!!

1 Like

Re: Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria by Nairadays: 7:50pm On May 10, 2016
Hypocritical Prime Minister.

Mtchew, God will help us in This Nation, our enemies are been exposed.

Indeed individual human moral standard is better than affluence.

2 Likes

Re: Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria by nickxtra(m): 7:50pm On May 10, 2016
adeyemi2015:
Responding to the recent comments by David Cameron, Cobus de Swardt, Managing Director of Transparency International said:

“There is no doubt that historically, Nigeria and Afghanistan have had very high levels of corruption, and that continues to this day.  But the leaders of those countries have sent strong signals that they want things to change, and the London Anti-Corruption Summit creates an opportunity for all the countries present to sign up to a new era.  This affects the UK as much as other countries: We should not forget that by providing a safe haven for corrupt assets, the UK and its Overseas Territories and Crown Dependencies are a big part of the world’s corruption problem.”

http://www.transparency.org/news/pressrelease/transparency_international_responds_to_cameron_comments_regarding_nigeria_a

See Cameron's statement here https://www.nairaland.com/3097280/david-cameron-describes-nigeria-fantastically
God bless Transparency Int'l on this.

1 Like

Re: Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria by Horus(m): 7:51pm On May 10, 2016
Re: Transparency International Responds To Cameron Comments Regarding Nigeria by Seened: 7:52pm On May 10, 2016
I watched the conversation between the pm, the queen, the archbishop and other persons. If I am the Nigerian president I will immediately cancel my attendance at the summit. Imagine the manner the pm felt so morally puffed up when he mentioned Nigeria and Afghanistan. He was feeling like he was God.
Nigeria better wake up. How can someone who is treating you for a terminal disease go behind your back and start announcing to the world that you will die soon. I am peeved.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu / Willy Obiano Warns Nnamdi Kanu: Steer Clear Of Anambra Elections Or Risk Arrest / Yoruba Nation Protesters Were Dispossessed Of Their Charms (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.