Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

God Saved My Son - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / God Saved My Son (5283 Views)

Guys My Vehicle Was Saved From An Incompetent Nairaland Auto Guru Mayor2013 / "My Son Is A Lawyer" Sticker On A Car In Ibadan (Pictured) / How God Saved Me From A Car Fire Incident. Lessons And Tips. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Saved My Son by nurey(m): 5:51pm On May 11, 2016
colossus2:

Spot the lie hahaha hahaha cheesy
cc: gazzuzz, siena, mayor2013, nurey, kingreign, please is this possible cos I think I don't know

I have never seen a toyota auto gear leave P without depressing the brake.

Due to panicking, the op could have exaggerated the circumstances of the story
Re: God Saved My Son by bigt2(m): 6:09pm On May 11, 2016
Siena:

Bikes, or parts for bikes? wink
All join. wink
Re: God Saved My Son by Willdidi(m): 6:18pm On May 11, 2016
nurey:

No exaggeration here, to start with there is no way all the doors of the car can automatically lock from inside except you engage the gear this are features that came with the car, and as I stated earlier the car gear can be engaged without stepping on the break, once you push the knob by the side of the gear handle which is very flexible the gear will engage, didn't want to start mentioning names of any forum members who have met one on one , but gazzuzz have worked on the said car before and I will be seeing him soon regarding certain repairs, after then I believe he will be in a better position to confirm what I have said.
Re: God Saved My Son by akanniade10(m): 6:35pm On May 11, 2016
Willdidi:
as I stated earlier the car gear can be engaged with stepping on the gear, once you push the knob by the side of the gear handle which is very flexible the gear will engage
cheesy
Re: God Saved My Son by colossus2: 6:51pm On May 11, 2016
akanniade10:

cheesy
Be nice bro cheesy
More like the knob is made of foam for the 2 year old to be able to push it in with his thumb and then downshift to drive shocked
Re: God Saved My Son by kingreign(m): 7:55pm On May 11, 2016
nurey:

My ancient Carina 2 liftback 2.0 GLi 4sp auto could run shifter thru the marks without depressing a brake.

1 Like

Re: God Saved My Son by kingreign(m): 8:06pm On May 11, 2016
colossus2:

Be nice bro cheesy
More like the knob is made of foam for the 2 year old to be able to push it in with his thumb and then downshift to drive shocked
Great man awfa?
Re: God Saved My Son by colossus2: 8:21pm On May 11, 2016
kingreign:

Great man awfa?
My Chief, I am good sir smiley
Trust you are good too wink
Re: God Saved My Son by Readonee35L(m): 11:41pm On May 11, 2016
The Arm of a two years old sitting can actually stretch to the Gear knob ? ? ?
How does this kid know how to press the switch and shift at the same time with such timing ,

The op is ignoring peoples questions about the brand of the car , and that doesn't make sense is he scared of being questioned ?
Nawa.
Re: God Saved My Son by biggiyke(m): 11:54pm On May 11, 2016
OP, im not callin u a liar o, like colossus2 grin
my own is that ur story doesn't add up. lots of easily verifiable information deliberately omitted.
Re: God Saved My Son by Kaldakinn: 12:31am On May 12, 2016
Thank God o!
Re: God Saved My Son by Nobody: 3:46am On May 12, 2016
I tried to, believe me I did, but I can't buy this story.
Re: God Saved My Son by akanniade10(m): 6:02am On May 12, 2016
colossus2:

Be nice bro cheesy

hahahahaha, make he talk the car he no gree grin #NollyWood
Re: God Saved My Son by Willdidi(m): 11:19am On May 12, 2016
Have been trying to upload a short video of him moving the gear stick without even pushing the knob by the side of the gear stick. Can someone please help on a step by step process on how to upload the the video just to answer some people who felt I was making up the whole thing. Have reduced the size to 2.6mb so it can upload but is saying unexpected error pls try again
Re: God Saved My Son by colossus2: 12:48pm On May 12, 2016
Willdidi:
Have been trying to upload a short video of him moving the gear stick without even pushing the knob by the side of the gear stick. Can someone please help on a step by step process on how to upload the the video just to answer some people who felt I was making up the whole thing. Have reduced the size to 2.6mb so it can upload but is saying unexpected error pls try again
Upload to YouTube then share the link here. It should work that way.
Re: God Saved My Son by Willdidi(m): 1:24pm On May 12, 2016
Re: God Saved My Son by Willdidi(m): 1:27pm On May 12, 2016
Re: God Saved My Son by Willdidi(m): 1:43pm On May 12, 2016
Re: God Saved My Son by Kashif(m): 9:13am On May 13, 2016
Private videos undecided
Re: God Saved My Son by Willdidi(m): 12:56pm On May 13, 2016
Kashif:
Private videos undecided

I don't follow, you can click on the link to view the video. Was initially expecting people to ask if probably my gear stick was faulty for it to act that way and not by saying I'm making up the whole thing, spoke with my mechanic about it he said it's not suppose to act that way that maybe the gear stick is faulty but the gear itself is fine. Kudos to gazzuzz and seina who are mature enough to analyze the situation and message behind the post instead trying to discredit the OP and for those who didn't believe no hard feelings guess there is always a first time for everything, I didn't even know he could do it too if not wouldn't have taken the chance of leaving alone in the car, please parents out there do be careful with kids in the car.
Re: God Saved My Son by colossus2: 1:56pm On May 13, 2016
Nothing on the link.
Re: God Saved My Son by Willdidi(m): 2:21pm On May 13, 2016
colossus2:
Nothing on the link.

I followed the steps you mentioned earlier, was able to view it with my own account but try to view it as a guest it wrote private video, let me check my YouTube account settings to know if that's where the issues is from.
Re: God Saved My Son by Willdidi(m): 2:30pm On May 13, 2016
Re: God Saved My Son by Willdidi(m): 2:32pm On May 13, 2016
Re: God Saved My Son by Kashif(m): 2:38pm On May 13, 2016
Willdidi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiNcqMssMZU

Have seen the video now. Did not doubt you, but noted you should not have had him on the front seat for any reason. Even with the engine off, and key out of switch, some hyperactive kids could break stuff before you are back.

1 Like

Re: God Saved My Son by Willdidi(m): 2:39pm On May 13, 2016
Re: God Saved My Son by Willdidi(m): 2:48pm On May 13, 2016
Kashif:

Have seen the video now. Did not doubt you, but noted you should not have had him on the front seat for any reason. Even with the engine off, and key out of switch, some hyperactive kids could break stuff before you are back.

I know is a major error from my end, but some person's felt I was making up the whole thing and even exaggerating the event, wanted to clarify that impression so people should be more careful, as I said I didn't even know the car can function that way or even my son playing with the gear.
Re: God Saved My Son by colossus2: 2:54pm On May 13, 2016
I have seen the video and I believe you now.
Secondly, that gear shift lever is faulty cos it's not supposed to move freely.
My apologies. Cheers smiley
Re: God Saved My Son by Willdidi(m): 4:00pm On May 13, 2016
colossus2:
I have seen the video and I believe you now.
Secondly, that gear shift lever is faulty cos it's not supposed to move freely.
My apologies. Cheers smiley

No hard feelings have a lovely day. Cheers
Re: God Saved My Son by kingreign(m): 6:02pm On May 13, 2016
Willdidi:

No hard feelings have a lovely day. Cheers

Bros, go fix your faulty gear lever. Also strap that boy to the backseat using a baby booster seat plus seat belt. If he likes make he cry. Na for his life and your life. Finally, if na my pikin, I for use beating take compensate him for that deadly act.

1 Like

Re: God Saved My Son by Kashif(m): 6:15pm On May 13, 2016
kingreign:

Bros, go fix your faulty gear lever. Also strap that boy to the backseat using a baby booster seat plus seat belt. If he likes make he cry. Na for his life and your life. Finally, if na my pikin, I for use beating take compensate him for that deadly act.

LOL! He will still do it there in your presence!

I had a visitor one day, and my son walked straight to the table and took the man's eggplant. I yelled at him, took him inside and knelt him down. Well, my sister interceded and I asked him to get up, with a stern warning never to try such thing again. He nodded.

What did he do next? He went to the sitting room and picked the remaining eggplant! grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Saved My Son by kingreign(m): 6:29pm On May 13, 2016
Kashif:

LOL! He will still do it there in your presence!

I had a visitor one day, and my son walked straight to the table and took the man's eggplant. I yelled at him, took him inside and knelt him down. Well, my sister interceded and I asked him to get up, with a stern warning never to try such thing again. He nodded.

What did he do next? He went to the sitting room and picked the remaining eggplant! grin grin
Diaris goduoo. well when I was still a young child I knew I did even worst grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your Worst Okada Experience? / Uber Inspection Report / Possible Causes Of Car Brain Box Failure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.