Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos (17045 Views)

Niger Delta Not Supporting Biafra – Ijaw Leader / New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access / Avengers’ Threat: Odua Defenders Union Warns Against Attack On Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by papparatzzi2013: 11:07pm On May 10, 2016
The leader of Ijaw Monitoring Group, Comrade Joseph Evah; founder of Oodua Peoples Congress, OPC, and the National Coordinator of OPC, Chief Fredrick Fasheun and Otunba Gani Adams respectively, met over the tension brewing between the Yoruba and Ijaws in Lagos as a result of the threat by the Niger Delta Avengers to attack Lagos.

Speaking to Vanguard after the meeting which was also attended by some Yoruba chiefs and community leaders in the riverine areas of Lagos and Ogun states, Comrade Joseph Evah assured that the Niger Delta Avengers will not attack Lagos, adding that the leadership of the Ijaw nation, as well as the Amnesty programme coordinator, General Paul Boroh, have advised the Avengers to dialogue with government instead of opting for violence.

According to Evah: “We are not taking the threat by the Yoruba self- determination group, Odua Defenders Union, ODU, to attack Ijaws in Lagos ahead of the plan by NDA to storm Lagos lamely. We had bloody war with the Yoruba youths on the streets of Lagos about 15. years ago and it was the Late Chief DSP Alamieyeseigha that saved the situation.

“Despite the intervention of Alamco, we have many widows, fatherless children in Lagos because of that war. Ijaw and Yorubas lost over 100 souls apart from the properties destroyed.” The Ijaw Leader further said: “The threat by Niger Delta Avengers (NDA) is causing tension now and anything can happen. We have to avert blood bath.

The population of Ijaws from Akwa-Ibom, Rivers, Delta, Edo, Bayelsa and Ondo State in Lagos State is over half a million, especially in the riverine areas of Lagos and Ogun states. “Ijaws and Yorubas are in good relationship now in the South-West and we want to maintain that good relationship,” Evah said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/opc-ijaw-leader-meet-avoid-avengers-threat-lagos/

2 Likes

Re: OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by papparatzzi2013: 11:10pm On May 10, 2016
For the kids amongst you, we are warning you. These are the words of your elders.

They can never forget the calamity that befell them. We await them.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by eme1n(m): 11:12pm On May 10, 2016
We all should be vigilant..

2 Likes

Re: OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by Nashirushekoni(m): 11:13pm On May 10, 2016
Better;!!! because I cant run go my village oo they make me remember year 2000 @ Ajegunle I hear weinn (peace meeting plz)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by Rayhutar(m): 11:15pm On May 10, 2016
So na for Ijaw body dem de get power, in mile 12 their power disappear and re-appear on Ijaw threat

29 Likes

Re: OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by Rayhutar(m): 11:16pm On May 10, 2016
papparatzzi2013:
For the kids amongst you, we are warning you. These are the words of your elders.

na for minority people una de get power flex muscle

6 Likes

Re: OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by papparatzzi2013: 11:17pm On May 10, 2016
Nashirushekoni:
Better;!!! because I cant run go my village oo they make me remember year 2000 @ Ajegunle I hear weinn (peace meeting plz)

That is a year Ijaws in SW will never forget. That is why I laugh atimes when some kids are making some comments on NL.

Unfortunately, as populated as Lagos, people still know where you are from. If you like be very vast in yoruba proverbs and intrepretation, they will still fish you out of the populace.

27 Likes

Re: OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by papparatzzi2013: 11:19pm On May 10, 2016
Rayhutar:
So na for Ijaw body dem de get power, in mile 12 their power disappear and re-appear on Ijaw threat

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ask the mallos in Mile 12. Ask them in Ketu. Go to Idi Araba and ask them. Go to Shagamu and let them tell you tales. Dare go to Oke Ogun and listen to stories.

One thing you always forget is that, we play the power of media to our advantage.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by Nashirushekoni(m): 11:20pm On May 10, 2016
papparatzzi2013:

That is a year Ijaws in SW will never forget. That is why I laugh atimes when some kids are making some comments on NL.

Unfortunately, as populated as Lagos, people still know where you are from. If you like be very vast in yoruba proverbs and intrepretation, they will still fish you out of the populace

Exactly

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by Nashirushekoni(m): 11:24pm On May 10, 2016
papparatzzi2013:

Unfortunately, as populated as Lagos, people still know where you are from. If you like be very vast in yoruba proverbs and intrepretation, they will still fish you out of the populace.

My brother you are 100% right exacly

15 Likes

Re: OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by meshinoye(m): 11:33pm On May 10, 2016
Nashirushekoni:

Exactly

Lagos is a mini Nigeria, attack on Lagos is an attack on SW, SE,SS, NW, NE, NC. If you throw stone into the market, it may hit your neighbors.

Bayelsa population is not up to the whole of Niger Delta capital in Lagos AJ city ( Ajegunle ).

13 Likes

Re: OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by ORACLE1975(m): 5:12am On May 11, 2016
Kool
Re: OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by AbuMaryam1(m): 5:21am On May 11, 2016
Jonathan must call his boys to order. When Obasanjo talked of trained mercenaries people call him names. They are manifesting now, thier Jesus was defeated in election hence the avenge. From the name we know them. Jonathan must act now.

5 Likes

Re: OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by Fugazi: 5:25am On May 11, 2016
Yorubas are gentle lions, unfortunately some think bravery means behaving like Fulani herdsmen.

As for those crying about smile 12, I guess the life of Yorubas lost during that attack means more than the Ibos and Fulanis killed. Wonder why Fulanis apologized to the Yoruba nation after the attack?

Yorubas have the means to attack economically, systematically and economically. It ain't all about chestbeating and making noise on social media while remaining irrelevant in the scheme of things.

As for OPC, still don't take y'all serious. You've been bought by political stooges. Until you do the following:

-----

1. Create a vigilante group in each Yoruba state
Ensure that young and able men, hand picked by their community and LGAs guard each LGAs of Yorubaland. How do you pay? The money that you got from GEJ should be able to pay for this. Demand that our leaders, politicians and the rich in our midst invest in Yorubaland security. Obviously, depending on Nigerian police is a waste of time. What did they do during Miles 12 or during Fulani attacks? Your guess is as good as mine.

2. Use your collective voice to demand state police
All Yoruba leaders should use their collective choice to demand state police. There is more than enough evidence suggesting that having a national police just doesn't work. It makes no sense to have to call Aso Rock when Ondo is under attack. Also, ensure that those employed are civilians/residence of that state. I don't understand how a Fulani police stationed in Ondo is supposed to understand Ondo people's plight during Fulani attack.

3. Send out Alert Letters
Inform people of possible and potential attacks. Let people be on alert for suspicious activities. Guide them on what to do during an attack and how they can protect themselves and other civilians around them.

4. Create safehouses across Yorubaland
This safehouse is where people will get help and assistance after attacks. Food, first aid kits, and other essential tools should be available in this safehouse. Inform your residence where these safehouses are located. Also, ensure that groups are created to go out and help people after an attack.

5. Make use of the Odua radio station.
Earlier this year, I heard that Gani created an Odua radio state. Make good use of it. let this be the communication tools that You can use to spread words throughout the SW. This radio should spread information about awareness, getting help, and finding solutions.

This is what you should be planning instead of making noise. We Yorubas have lost hope in your noisemaking. Show us that you prioritize your people and not politics.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by Fugazi: 5:28am On May 11, 2016
Rayhutar:

na for minority people una de get power flex muscle
Which other group threatened to attack Yorubaland? No flexing here. Just two diplomatic tribes working things out the logical way. I don't expect landgrabbers claiming SS to understand.

Fulanis is a minority tribe by the way. There union with the Hausa gave them a hedge over Ijaws.

24 Likes

Re: OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by cktheluckyman: 5:47am On May 11, 2016
AbuMaryam1:
Jonathan must call his boys to order. When Obasanjo talked of trained mercenaries people call him names. They are manifesting now, thier Jesus was defeated in election hence the avenge. From the name we know them. Jonathan must act now.

Is Jonathan Buhari who is the commander-in-chief? Buhari is the one who is entrusted with securing lives and property.Jonathan has left office about a year ago please free him.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by AbuMaryam1(m): 5:55am On May 11, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Is Jonathan Buhari who is the commander-in-chief? Buhari is the one who is entrusted with securing lives and property.Jonathan has left office about a year ago please free him.
Have you taken your medicine this morning before typing this trash? Jonathan sent them abroad for training. Hence he didn't comes out and denounce them. Conceding of election was the painful thing happened in his life, that's why the avengers surface.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by odikimi: 6:07am On May 11, 2016
papparatzzi2013:

pls read the write up again, it seems some of you lack understanding? he said over 100 people from both side and never from Ijaw alone.

15 Likes

Re: OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by pulsa(m): 6:13am On May 11, 2016
k
Re: OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by laprince(m): 6:14am On May 11, 2016
The trending Avengers.
Re: OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by stinggy(m): 6:34am On May 11, 2016
Good move

1 Like

Re: OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by papparatzzi2013: 7:12am On May 11, 2016
odikimi:

pls read the write up again, it seems some of you lack understanding? he said over 100 people from both side and never from Ijaw alone.

Really!!!!

I am laughing in ibibio. 100 were killed and the sissy is pleading for peace.

Well, you were not privileged to hear about it, talkless of witnessing it. I won't say more than that.

Just know that any stup1d attack on SW soil will be met with a ruthless reprisal.

19 Likes

Re: OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by wowmenow: 7:17am On May 11, 2016
Nigeria was peaceful until the most divisive president come to town

Buhari have curse so much hatreds among Nigerians

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by DONMAYOR19(m): 7:20am On May 11, 2016
may God accept the soul of Late Chief DSP Alamieyeseigha. that's what I wish to say, is my Internet. bye

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by Nbote(m): 7:20am On May 11, 2016
AbuMaryam1:

What happened to ur sense?

10 Likes

Re: OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by Nbote(m): 7:23am On May 11, 2016
AbuMaryam1:

Have you taken your medicine this morning before typing this trash? Jonathan sent them abroad for training. Hence he didn't comes out and denounce them. Conceding of election was the painful thing happened in his life, that's why the avengers surface.

If only u can spend more time on ur English....

7 Likes

Re: OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by papparatzzi2013: 7:24am On May 11, 2016
wowmenow:
Nigeria was peaceful until the most divisive president come to town

Buhari have curse so much hatreds among Nigerians

I can remember a Clueless president, the Mandela of Otuoke that ran the most divisive campaign in the history of Nigeria. He divided us along ethnic and religious lines, just because of his re-election.

He happily sow the seed of discord and the people that were fanning the ember for him then, are reaping it in bountiful measures now.

May we never have such a Clueless and Corrupt President again in this country. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by MrAdetunjiBayo: 7:25am On May 11, 2016
papparatzzi2013:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ask the mallos in Mile 12. Ask them in Ketu. Go to Idi Araba and ask them. Go to Shagamu and let them tell you tales. Dare go to Oke Ogun and listen to stories.

One thing you always forget is that, we play the power of media to our advantage.

Yes ooo. But our media is no longer effective against the Ibos. The ibos have now hijacked the media to make every southerner hate yoruba. This is why we must support Buhari because buhari will deal with the ibo since he is greater than Awo and Mko. Say Buhari!

2 Likes

Re: OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by wowmenow: 7:32am On May 11, 2016
papparatzzi2013:

I can remember a Clueless president, the Mandela of Otuoke that ran the most divisive campaign in the history of Nigeria. He divided us along ethnic and religious lines, just because of his re-election.

He happily sow the seed of discord and the people that were fanning the ember for him then, are reaping it in bountiful measures now.

May we never have such a Clueless and Corrupt President again in this country. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Gej never call any part of nigeria 5%
Gej never says on national TV what does the Igbo want
Gej never sack bank MDS and replace them with his kinsmen

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPC, Ijaw Leader Meet To Avoid Avengers Threat To Lagos by juman(m): 7:52am On May 11, 2016
papparatzzi2013:

Jonathan was able to do free and fair election that even those military generals could not do.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari: More Powers For Kyari, Barrier For Ministers / Osinbajo: FG Plans To Buy Locally Assembled Cars / Adeboye Adebayo: No Health Issue Can Stop Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.